Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

So TMI question, but is there *anything* I can do to relieve the pressure on my junk? Like, it feels like the baby is going to come spilling out at any second, but I know she isn't because I have had zero contractions. It hurts so bad by the end of the day, though!

2. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@kick641: My doctor suggested this fancy belly harness to try to lift her up a little when I complained about the same thing, but that was a few weeks ago. And I decided it wasn't worth it. Unfortunately at the end I'm not sure there's much you can do

3. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

Here's my TMI question... Is anyone planning to get waxed before delivery? I feel like it would be much easier/cleaner after birth but I'm absolutely terrified how much I think it will hurt right now

4. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@SeptMomma12: I've been thinking the same thing! I'm normally pretty hair free down there but I can't reach it to trim anymore and thinking about the potential mess is scaring me! I even already have a waxing paid for but I don't think I could handle how much it will hurt right now. I wasn't a baby about it before but we can't even take an ibuprofen right now to dull the pain.

5. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@SeptMomma12: I need to see a photo of this low belly!! I keep getting comments that I'm "still so high", but I don't remember ever dropping with LO1. And ahh, the thought of waxing makes me cringe, but it could totally be worth it. I love feeling clean and hair free down there and I definitely think you'd feel better. But, when would you get it done and I wonder if you went too early if it would be worse? I don't know...

Also, yes to all about painful kicks and super crazy "pressure" down low. Labor will be soon!

6. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@SeptMomma12: I got a full brazilian on Sunday, actually, at 39+1, heh. For me, it makes it easier post-delivery.... there's so much.....gunk. And i really like that i can just wipe up so much easier sans fuzz. I go to a chain that uses hard wax (and have been for about a year, it is WAY better than strip wax) and it barely hurts. Truly. I was in a lot of pain when I got strip waxed with E (and i would bleed after!) but it's hardly anything more than a bite this time around. I see a really good aesthetician, though, too!

7. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@blackbird: What chain is that? I use European Wax now because it's cheapest and I didn't even realize there is more than one type of wax?

8. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@SeptMomma12: I totally admit I have lifted him a few times and physically I feel fine. But I'm worried about damage I could be doing that I don't see. Obviously an infection or improperly healed scar would be terrible. They said I can totally have more kids as it stands right now. My uterus and everything is great! My 6.5 year old brother puts him in the high chair for breakfast and it's the cutest thing lol

9. blackbird

@kick641: that's where I go I was going to an Aveda salon before and it cost SO much more and was so much more painful

10. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: Is hard wax when they don't use a strip? The wax just hardens and they rip it off? I used to go to a place that did that - explains why my current place feels so much more painful I think I'm going to end up skipping it. When I last had it done around 20 weeks, it bled for 2 days - not really up for that right now!

11. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: yes! It's a lot easier on your skin. The person I see does a lot of skin prep, too, so it doesn't irritate the surrounding skin. And I don't have wax pieces sticking to me for days afterwards! No redness or irritation....

12. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

TMI ALERT:
    So last night I noticed a glob of brown blood stained mucus in my liner. I had some spotting yesterday after my cervical check, so it isn't completely surprising, but maybe there is some mucus plug too? I am just amazed that my body is making this transition (my hormones have also been on a crazy high the last few weeks, so sorry if that was cheesy)

13. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@MsHangry: That definitely sounds like some mucus plug!

14. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@SeptMomma12: even more this morning! Eeeep!

15. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@MsHangry: OOH that is good news! Exciting! Hope it means something soon

16. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

Is there any harm in swelling? ETA: apparently there is not just discomfort. I'm an idiot and chose to wear flip flops to work instead of the tennis shoes that I've worn everyday since being told to weeks and weeks ago.

17. blackbird

@jetsa: well, sometimes swelling can be indicative of other issues. But i had a TON with E and there was nothing else wrong. Even now, i'm starting to swell (it's been 85F all week!) and my calves and hands tingle from the swelling. Doc says it's normal.....yay. I've been living in flip flops, though!

18. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: yeah, for me it typically meant blood pressure issues last time but its been completely fine this time. My midwife said that tennis shoes give more support and it definitely makes a difference. I've swelled double what I normally do, today.

19. blackbird

@jetsa: Interesting....I'm not gonna wear tennis shoes around the house, though Although it makes sense (kinda like how compression socks help)

20. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: oh yeah. I take them off as soon as I walk in the door I don't blame you at all, I do not wear shoes at home.

21. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

I've been wearing compression socks for many weeks now. My feet/ankles/legs have been so swollen it's not even funny. My nurse midwife has checked my ankles several times & been "impressed" by how swollen they are, but isn't concerned. It is uncomfortable, but hasn't been a real issue so far for me. I have read that either uneven/assymetrical swelling or sudden swelling can be indicative of a problem.

22. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@GoGoSnoGirl: oh they are uneven not by a lot but enough that the OB mentioned it last time. My right swells more I just assumed it had something to do with being right handed.

23. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Here's that belly picture! Hard to tell but she's basically just hanging there. Even the OB today commented on how low she is.

24. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@SeptMomma12: you look great!! Seriously all belly so no wonder you look so low!

25. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Thanks I carried my son the same way - not good for stretch marks!

26. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: you look awesome! I carry so much higher!

I think little miss may have flipped I was feeling hiccups in the middle of my belly instead of at my crotch so that's not great, I guess I'll find out friday

27. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@jetsa: I actually thought the same thing but I think I was just feeling the hiccups in her back/abdomen because ultrasound confirmed she's head down. And you look adorable! I love your cardigan.

28. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: woooo that baby is low! Hopefully makes for less work on the labor end

@jetsa: Oh no, i hope the baby stays head down!

So. I have an interview next Monday at my company. Stellar timing! I'm hoping they can work with me or Dh will have to hang out with the baby and I'll have to waddle my newly PP ass into that place.

29. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: I wish, but she's going to be a c-section regardless I can't believe you have an interview a few days PP! Is it for a new job? DH has been interviewing for a new job that will be a tough decision - more pay/better benefits but also more hours/less flexibility - and I just know that they're going to make an offer while I'm in the hospital or something. Just to make the decision even more stressful!

30. blackbird

@SeptMomma12: yeah but it's more along the lines of what i used to do....i'm hoping the staffing person can give me some answers today!

31. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

Married with kids boss and I were supposed to get together on my projects today but Single without kids boss isn't available so he's like oh we'll do it next week which probably means 2 weeks and is probably fine but is stressing me out. Single without kids is like your not due until the 27th...umm yeah but that doesn't mean I'll be here until then

32. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: good luck! I know you've not been liking what you're doing now

33. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@SeptMomma12: thank you cardigans are my favorite!

34. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: so much for thinking it was the flip flops yesterday, I'm just as swollen today in my tennis shoes. I'm guessing the heat is the problem, hopefully. Hopefully its not my BP, I have an appt so I'll find out then.

35. blackbird

@jetsa: Boooo!!!!! Heat's definitely an issue here. 85F and my feet are turning into sausages. Doesn't help that I'm on my feet a lot now and doing a bunch of stuff. Cleaning windows, organizing the basement and guest room, bringing baby stuff upstairs, etc.

36. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@jetsa: I legit lol'd and smh at Single Without Kids boss's cluelessness:)

37. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@jetsa: ha! Yeah, like we are in charge of our timing & that your due date is*their* last day to get info out of you. I'm SO glad I'd set up a long time ago my end date (tomorrow!!) & have stuck to it. I will undoubtedly get calls from my team about loose ends, but if I didn't have a hard stop, they'd probably follow me to L&D still asking questions. Lol!! Sorry the tennis shoes didn't help with the swollen feet.

I have had 2 extra u/s's in 6 days b/c all of a sudden I have too much amniotic fluid. Fortunately baby looks good & there are no clear explanations for this to come on here at the end of the pregnancy. They just warned I could go into labor early (but we're 37+ wks, so that's OK), & that they won't let me go past 40w, so I at least have a little bit narrower window of when we'll be meeting our baby!

38. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@PrincessBaby: @GoGoSnoGirl: he is killing me, he just called me in and was like can you do this and that. Umm sure I'll drop everything and help you out

39. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@jetsa: Ugh my last day is tomorrow and I've pretty much transferred all my projects over to another PM and my boss still keeps coming over to give me tasks and check on progress. I've just been handing things off with directions because no, I'm not going to start this week long project the day before my leave?

And I feel everyone on the feet thing! My swelling just will not go away these past few days. In even worse news, I am 39+4 and I am a big fat zero right now. I haven't even seen a piece of my mucus plug yet. So frustrated.

40. blackbird

@kick641: ugh so frustrating! I keep hoping mine comes out but so far, nothing. Starting to get worried! Tomorrows my last day of work, too

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee