Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2015 Mamas!!

1. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

Well appt was all good BP was normal and not concerned about my swelling at all. I've had irregular contractions all day but they weren't concerned. I'm only dilated to a 1 I'm GBS+ which I wasn't last time.

2. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

@jetsa: boooooo antibiotics

3. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@jetsa: sorry about the GBS pos:(

I was just looking for updates on everyone, and I thought I'd mention 2 things that decided I wish I knew before I had DD2.

1.) I am still having tons of fun lochia, so am still wearing pads. I remember from DD1's delivery I had an issue with irritation with the maxi pads I was using - they were Always brand. I had googled it, obviously(!), and lots of people posted about always brand being very plastic-y and causing irritation and to switch to stay free brand. I did this last time and it helped, but I forgot, so I had the same stupid problem this time. I got some Stayfree pads and yes- it's like night and day/ plastic vs cloth, much less irritating.

2.) For both kids, we were gifted tons of Pampers, and we kind of went with that. I started buying DD Huggies a while back bc they had Minnie & Mickey on them. They're fine. But somehow for LO2, we had tons of Pampers again....When I went to buy more newborns, I bought Huggies just to change it up. Well it turns out that Huggies has a cutout for the belly button. I was folding down Pampers. LO2 lost her stem but will still bleed a little if the diaper rubs against it, so the Huggies cutout is super convenient.

That is all.

Have a great weekend!

4. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@PrincessBaby: haha those are two gems of advice that I've never heard before - thanks!! I don't know what pads I have, but I think they're purple. Will have to look tomorrow. We have a bunch of honest diapers (so cute) but I'm sure they don't have the cutout

@jetsa: bummer about the GBS but glad the swelling isn't serious!

5. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@PrincessBaby: I noticed that about the diapers too! However the huggies seem to be much looser around my little girls legs! I'm afraid of a poop-apocalypse to happen so I'm using pampers newborn for now!

6. PrincessBaby

cantaloupe / 6610 posts

@BabyPenguinXO: Oh I just got them yesterday and her legs are skinny - but she's gained about a pound since birth so she's not so scarily frail anymore....So I guess they close around her leg okay now that she's almost 7lbs (heavyweight, lol)

7. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@PrincessBaby: Awww my babe is still a peanut only about 6lbs 5oz or so. I actually just got a scale today because she hasn't been gaining weight according to all the different doctor scales she's been on. She's not loosing. But I wanted consistency so I bought my own and am weighing her feeds too !

8. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

Board is quiet for the weekend again... I finally did pack my hospital bag.
    I also am eyeing next week's weather forecast. After two weeks of sunny days it looks like at least some chance of thunderstorms. Maybe the pressure change will bring on labor (a midwife/old school OB theory)!

9. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@MsHangry: right?!? Someone's got to have a Mother's Day babe right? Maybe @blackbird

10. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

It has felt like a long time since anyone delivered. I'm getting so anxious! It would be adorable if someone had a mother's day baby!

11. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@kick641: yes! You're close too?

12. blackbird

@MsHangry: I've been counting on these dang storms, too! But nothing! And it's been gross for days. Sigh.

I think a lot of the may mamas aren't super active on the boards, anyways, so I'm sure someone has had their baby but hasn't updated us yet!

I will say, silver lining if I don't have him tomorrow, is that I have an interview on Monday at my company . Crazy timing and I'm not sure what to make of the whole situation but it's nice to have the opportunity

13. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

Our AC broke today and it's supposed to be 89 the next 3 days. Can you sweat a baby out?!? We're on a waiting list to get it fixed. Apparently dropping the "9 months pregnant" card doesn't get you anywhere

Happy Mother's Day everyone!

14. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@SeptMomma12: Ugh that's awful timing. I can hardly handle anything over 75 lately.

I'm 100% sure I'm going to be late, but we moved on Wednesday and this gives me more time to set up the nursery. We ordered a crib from buy buy baby nearly two months ago and we called today and were given an estimate of two more weeks. So cranky it's taking so long. I'm just getting one from Ikea next time.

15. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@kick641: that is ridiculous. I would've canceled my order but I'm a bit of a hothead in situations like that. With LO1 at 34 weeks I had a meltdown and poor DH had to run out and buy a crib right that minute

16. andthewildones

cherry / 180 posts

will be perusing all these posts to freshen my brain as baby is due may 22nd for me. xoxoxo

17. blackbird

@jetsa: @kick641: we were gonna hold off for IKEA in September buuuuut Amazon got to me!

I'm really hoping T comes on his own by Wednesday. I'm feeling nervous and less than thrilled with a medical induction.

@andthewildones: yay welcome!

18. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

Are we all going to have our baby on the same day?! Come on May babies! What're you waiting for?

I'm so close to ready to have this little one out in the real world. I didn't want to have him this past weekend because it was our anniversary and Mother's Day (too much going on!), but I am ready now. And I'm really dreading the possibility of going overdue. For some reason everyone at work thought my "last day" was last week, and so now I know what's coming this week "Oh, honey, why are you still here?!" - I'm due the 19th!

@SeptMomma12: Did you get your AC fixed? That sounds very cruddy to deal with the heat, pregnancy and no AC. I know, people do it all the time, but just sometimes it really makes a difference!

@blackbird: You're still here, which means interview today? Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

19. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@andthewildones: welcome.

@blackbird: Amazon, good luck momma, come on T

20. blackbird

@Mrs. Lovejoy: yep! In a few hours! Thanks!

21. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@blackbird: Good luck on the interview!

I feel like I'm going to be pregnant forever, and I'm only one day overdue. I'm soft but still no progress. It would be funny if we all delivered around the same time. I miss seeing baby pictures in our delivery thread!

22. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: Yes, it was the best Mother's Day gift of all My husband called again yesterday morning at 8am and basically begged and they sent someone out! It was HOT yesterday and supposed to be worse today and tomorrow - I know people do it all the time, but I'm a wuss and would have had to move in with my parents.

@blackbird: Good luck today! And come on baby T, it's time!!

I think you're all just waiting to have your babies on Thursday with me

23. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: yes my walk into work is chrouses of "oh you're still here". I'm so ready I still think I'm due the 19th even though the dr say the 27 so I've started trying all the old wives tales plus had irregular contractions over the weekend but nada. The 8 days between the 19-27 might kill me if she's not here yet.

24. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@SeptMomma12: Ooh good! And Thursday is so soon! what are your plans up until then?

@jetsa: ugh I totally understand. They would totally kill me. So IF you had to be induced, would they wait until June (a week after the 27th?) or would it be a week from the 19th when you think is your due date?

25. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: I'm working from home through Wednesday, but trying to wrap stuff up as much as possible today, so I can have a little break before baby. But I still have so many little things I'm trying to get done around the house It was so weird to know this was our last weekend as a family of three!

26. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: essentially I was told it would be when I asked for it, anytime after the 20th, so there's that. I had an A+++ induction with my son at 39 weeks due to high/uncontrollable blood pressure, went natural and 6 hours between start of pit and babe so that's what I know. I loved my birth experience with him so it's difficult for me to consider anything else. My care this time has been between many providers and I don't feel like anyone knows me so that just sucks especially when making this decision. Also they moved my due date back 8 days with him as well (genetics are crazy) so although they said 39 weeks I thought I was 40 and he was 8lbs 3oz so not small. All that to say though, I don't think I can ask for it prior to their recommendation because I'd never be able to live with myself if something happened to her and it was a decision I made.

@SeptMomma12: that is crazy but so so exciting! Good luck finishing up work!

27. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

Happy Monday & belated Mother's Day, ladies!! I'm not due until 26th, but am so thrilled to be on mat leave starting today!! Work days are long & stressful for me & I really wanted to be able to relax & get ready for LO to arrive. I have so many errands & tasks around the house to take care of, I'll still be going non-stop, but at least it'll be for ME (& our family), not work. I got a little ribbing for going out "early", people would say "Oh you have time!" when I'd remind them of my dd. Oh, sure, cuz that is a solid date... *eye roll*. My Dr doesn't want to let me go late, so I think I may wait a week then start using some of the OWT methods, too, to try & get things going to try & avoid a medical induction. So excited to finally be this close!

@blackbird: good luck on your interview! @andthewildones: welcome!

28. Mrs. Lovejoy

clementine / 972 posts

@SeptMomma12: I understand - we still have a long to do list too! The only thing that's helped my sanity has been to divide it into "nice to do before baby" and "need to do before baby". The nice to do keeps growing, but at least its separate. I hope you're able to feel productive and like you get all you need done before DD gets here!

@jetsa: That is so tough! I am sorry you are dealing with that potential stress. But, hopefully you go into labor spontaneously and don't have to worry about it at all!

@GoGoSnoGirl: yay for maternity leave!! I'm due the 19th (next Tuesday) and have decided that no matter what next Friday will be my last day. So even if I go over, I know when my "last day" will be. That alone is helping me get through. Though I secretly have this expectation that this week is my last week. I'll be so bummed if it's not and I'm back here next week. I had an insanely stressful week at work last week (new boss who came in and decided he wants to change a lot of what I've put in place), but he changed his tune towards the end of the week to "slow down and see what's working" rather than up heave my stuff.

What old wives tales methods are you all trying? I have no idea what might actually work and won't! Though I did get a pedicure (so the acupressure points were rubbed) and ate pineapple yesterday! Nothing yet

29. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs. Lovejoy: it's just a mess. I'm tempted to text my midwife I had with my son because she knows me and I trust her explicitly but I'm asking such an open ended question I don't know what she'd be able to say to help it's such a personal decision. As far as old wives tales: walking typ a mile every other day this actually makes me feel like myself as well, bouncing on the birthing ball, squatting, sex, red rasberry leaf tea, evening primrose oil 1000 mg orally, pineapple, a glass of wine, spicy food, and tonic water. I figure she won't come out unless she's ready so I'm not harming anything by giving her a little shove

30. blackbird

Alright, interview went fine! Now I'm totally free for T to come! I've had contractions but never painful and I bumped my dr appt up to tomorrow AM. I've gotten so much done around the house and I just feel ready! I don't have anything else to do and it's sorta driving me crazy! I've organized cupboards and closets and the basement and the nursery is done-I've steam cleaned carpets and couches and cars...gone up and down stairs a million times, walked miles.....and I'm off work! So I'm just watching tv this afternoon, which is nice. I've had a massage, I've done acupressure...I've had numerous people tell me that my belly is super low now, though! DH took some nice pictures of me and E yesterday

31. MsHangry

apricot / 422 posts

@SeptMomma12: so glad it got fixed!
    @blackbird: glad the interview went well and you can "relax" (although you sound pretty busy...)

I had my 39w appointment this morning. Turns out all the increased discharge is not my water leaking, or even peeing myself...I have a yeast infection. Ugh.

Since the midwife was already down there to see if it was my water breaking, she did a very thorough exam. Still 1cm dilated but 90% effaced! She also feels like my pelvic anatomy will allow a vaginal birth. She also said it "feels like a head of a 7lb baby" haha.

DH is now back in town (usually travels during the week with work) so I am ready whenever, I guess. Midwife said not going to happen during the day today...maybe tonight...maybe in a few days...maybe in a week.

32. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

So I just found out my sister who I only see once or twice a year will be home May 25 for a few days. Come on little girl, lets meet your aunt!

33. blackbird

@MsHangry: you know, I was wondering the same earlier because I've had some fluid gushes that aren't pee and probably aren't amniotic fluid-I just assumed it was discharge. Lovely.

@jetsa: Ahhh that would be perfect timing!

34. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@blackbird: I've got the same thing going on, so hopefully it could possible just late pregnancy.

35. blackbird

@jetsa: I think so. I read somewhere you can have pockets of watery discharge that puddle out randomly. I hate it, though, because I'm going through shorts at record rates and washing them all the damn time

36. SeptMomma12

pear / 1849 posts

@blackbird: @jetsa: I've also had the same thing. Just assuming it's the lovely pregnancy discharge being even more lovely than usual. I haven't worn underwear without a pantyliner (worst word ever) in months.

37. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

Everyone in my house is either sick with a cold or extremely pregnant. This is not the best time for colds.

38. blackbird

I'm being induced today for high blood pressure, fast weight gain, and trace proteins in my urine

39. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@blackbird: good luck mama!!!! Hang in there!!

40. kick641

cherry / 157 posts

@blackbird: Good luck!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee