Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2016 moms!

1. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@sslm: such a great story!! Two girls is amazing

@My Only Sunshine: good luck at your appt today!

@xInfinity: good luck today for you too! Hope baby stays put until DD is better.

@YogiRunner: congratulations!!! Sounds so wonderful

@HazelEyes: eek baby is big! I'm having the same fears too. Good luck with the walking next week. I've tried the walking, dtd, spicy food and nipple stimulation - nothin yet! Lol

@fitfigure87: I'm feeling emotional too, it seems like we've got so many babies already and it's only may 3!!!! Eager babies.

Today is my due date! I had a little cry just thinking how amazing it is that I've carried this baby for 40 weeks. After two losses this feels so wonderful and I am so grateful. I'm going for a sweep (ouch!) at my dr today at 1:00, maybe that'll speed up baby's arrival. Until then I'll just field well meaning calls and texts from friends and family all while imagining what my sweet baby will look like and how he/she will feel in my arms

2. fitfigure87

grape / 79 posts

@Autumnmama79: oh good luck on your sweep!!

3. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

@Autumnmama79: how did your appt go?

4. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@YogiRunner: congrats mama!!!

@Autumnmama79: hope the sweep was good, not too uncomfortable..

@fitfigure87: so many tears here; I feel you!

Had my 39(+3) wk appt today and nothing to report. I feel like I'm in some twilight zone just waiting around. To do list is mostly done and I'm half bored just going through the motions.

5. fitfigure87

grape / 79 posts

@Baby Boy Mom: I know that feeling! I told my husband today I just feel weird. Like I'm just waiting...and waiting...and I can't think about anything except having a baby. I don't like it...

6. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@YogiRunner: congrats on your baby boy!!!

@Autumnmama79: I hope your sweep went well and baby comes soon!!

@Baby Boy Mom: @fitfigure87: I am sending you both good vibes that your babies will get here soon. Looks like all the May babies have been eager to get here so hopefully it won't be much longer for you guys!

As for me, I started turning a corner in recovery tonight and feel so much better. My baby is super lazy on the boob, so we officially gave up and I am switching to exclusively pumping. It's like a weight off my shoulders. My stitches are hurting less and I feel like me again. I am SO in love with my baby. He is freaking awesome and I just want to hang out with him constantly! I hope everyone else is doing well!

7. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@TrailRunner: congrats! Glad your doing so well!!

8. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@fitfigure87: @tinyperson: @Baby Boy Mom: @TrailRunner: cervix was too long and high for her to even do a sweep. Considering DD was born on her due date, I'm bummed and struggling a bit. The longer I go overdue the chances for vbac get slimmer and slimmer.

9. iheartleopardprint

apricot / 343 posts

Just came back from an appointment at 37+6. Baby had disengaged her head and Bishop score is 1, my fundal height is 41.5cm (3.5cm over) so they are worried about baby's size. I am hoping it is just excess fluid, and not a giant baby. They tried to do a sweep, but with a bishop score of 1, I highly doubt it will lead to anything. I just came home and cried, with all this pain and discomfort I was hoping for more progress.

I am holding onto the fact this is baby #3 and maybe things will get happening quickly. Waiting to hear back from the hospital regarding an appointment for a growth scan. Sighhhh.

10. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@iheartleopardprint: hugs I'm feeling the same way. Hospital monitoring and ultrasounds start Friday for me...

11. iheartleopardprint

apricot / 343 posts

@Autumnmama79: if my fundal height was normal I wouldn't be concerned, but with it measuring so far ahead it just makes me worried.

Hopefully these babies will come soon, and put our anxiety at ease

12. rockinghorse

cherry / 215 posts

@YogiRunner: Yippeee!!!! So happy for you!

@Autumnmama79: Sending you some labor vibes!

@iheartleopardprint: Sending you labor vibes as well! If it makes you feel better, I was measuring way ahead with the fundal measurements (about 4 weeks ahead), and they were predicting that DD was going to be almost 10 lbs. She arrived at 8 lbs 3 oz. I feel like the measurements are very inaccurate

13. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

@TrailRunner: good for you! You have to do what is best for you and your baby and "weight off your shoulders" sounds like you are doing just that

@iheartleopardprint: hang in there. I feel like fundal height is kind of bs... I mean, if baby's butt is sticking out when they measure it would be way different than if they were rolled on their side, right? Sigh. Hopefully things get going soon for you.

@Autumnmama79: Do you have an induction date to allow you to still keep vbac as an option?

14. HazelEyes

clementine / 811 posts

@rockinghorse: exactly, I feel like fundal and even u/s measurements are always way off. Now, that's what I tell everyone else, I just have to believe it myself with my "big baby"

15. fitfigure87

grape / 79 posts

@Autumnmama79: I completely understand! Every day I wake up still prego I get depressed. I just had a second sweep and was 2cm dilated and 70% effaced. My mom said she thinks it will work but I'm still not sure😕 c section is scheduled for May 15th if I haven't had him. Praying for a successful VBAC ASAP

16. iheartleopardprint

apricot / 343 posts

Nothing has come of the sweep overnight. I do have a lot more pressure, so maybe it encouraged her head to drop back into my pelvis? And I had brown discharge/ chunky bits (tmi) all afternoon yesterday, with some BH but nothing that lead to a baby. Still waiting on the hospital to call with my ultrasound appointment time.

When I walk a lot I can get some BH going, but with Miss 3 with me today she says she 'has sore legs' so can't go walking. I want to do something to encourage some kind of change in my cervix, just so I feel less helpless.

In regards to the fundal height, with DS and DD1 I always measured a week or two ahead as well and they were both 7lb and 18.8inches. All I can think of is if she has disengaged her head that has pushed her out and up more. She was very active during my appointment, I know when I was nearly due with DS and DD they had hardly any room to move like that.

Overthinking everything I kind of don't want to do the growth scan as it will just give me more to worry about. I would much rather try to have faith in my body.

17. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@iheartleopardprint: this is kind of the opposite scenario but I just had a 9lb 8oz baby and my fundal height measured on time or even slightly behind my whole pregnancy... I don't put a lot of stock in its accuracy haha.

18. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@rockinghorse: thanks! I'll take all of the labour vibes I can get.

@HazelEyes: doc will induce on the 13th by way of breaking waters and a very small dose of cervidil. Vbac will be an option until the bitter end.

@fitfigure87: I'm hoping that sweep did something for you! And praying you get a successful vbac

@iheartleopardprint: sorry it wasn't better news about your sweep lol to your little saying her legs hurt and she couldn't go walking, I swear I'm so uncomfortable that I don't want to hear about anyone else complaining about their aches and pains right now - including DD!!

Ultrasound Friday 730am and monitoring at 1230. Bore snore I don't want to see this baby on an ultrasound I want to hold it in my arms!!!

19. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@Autumnmama79: thinking of you and hoping it happens soon for you!!!!

20. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@sslm: thanks mama!!

21. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@iheartleopardprint: Hopefully it's just lots of fluid! When do you go in for a scan?

@fitfigure87: Another morning still here. I'm bummed! Trying to think of something that will cheer me up. You?

@Autumnmama79: I think we're on the same schedule, u/s for Monday here...good that your doc will induce and not just jump straight to c/s. Hopefully that won't be necessary!

Yesterday I tried walking the kids to school, and all that did was make me extra tired the rest of the day, so I'm not trying that again. LOL!

22. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@Baby Boy Mom: trying to think of something that'll cheer me up too! I've had my nails and hair done, shopped for all the things, watched loads of tv, taken extra long bubble baths, baked yummy treats - I'm getting bored now! Lol

I hear you on the walking, it just made me extra tired too! No thanks.

What are you up to today?

23. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@Autumnmama79: Kind of embarrassed to admit, but pretty much nothing! A little laundry and house stuff but nothing on the agenda, and it's a dreary day so no plans to really do anything. I had the idea that maybe I should prep some kits with crafting materials since that's something we like to do on the weekends but who knows. I'm grasping at straws!

24. fitfigure87

grape / 79 posts

@Baby Boy Mom: almost 24 hours post sweep...not a dang thing except a little blood and cramping. So depressing. Baby K has 10 days to make his appearance before they take him by repeat c section😞 I've been up since 3am and haven't really done much...I think I'm going to go workout. Maybe meet a friend for lunch. I'm so unmotivated to do anything because I thought I would have had baby by now.

25. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@Baby Boy Mom: sounds like a relaxed day nonetheless. One day in the not too distant future we'll be longing for days like these...

@fitfigure87: ugh, sorry still no action from the sweep. Will they try to induce by breaking waters before going straight to a section??

26. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@Autumnmama79: So true!

@fitfigure87: Oh man! Nap?

27. ModernDayJibarita

apricot / 259 posts

This afternoon at my 38 week appointment I was at 3cm, cervix is almost anterior and thinned 50%, baby is engaged (station 0) and since I was tolerating the cervical exam super well the Dr. offered to strip my membranes and I said yes! Been cramping since then so fingers crossed it turns into labor in the next few days.

28. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@iheartleopardprint: have you had your growth scan yet?

@Autumnmama79: @Baby Boy Mom: @fitfigure87: I hope you guys get to have baby in your arms soon!!

@ModernDayJibarita: hooefully that works!!

29. iheartleopardprint

apricot / 343 posts

Finally heard back, the soonest they can get me in for a scan at the hospital is 3 days time! More waiting....

30. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@iheartleopardprint: oh man. Sorry mama

31. fitfigure87

grape / 79 posts

@Autumnmama79: they won't induce after a VBAC 😏 I'm not sure if it's their practice or the hospital rules? Either way m I mentioned to my dr I'm debating about accidentally forgetting to show up for my c section 😂 I really feel like only giving me a 5 day window is unfair. I feel so much pressure to have this baby by then.

@Trailrunner: thanks for the good vibes!!

@Baby Boy Mom: tried to nap but I just can't sleep during the day!

32. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

@fitfigure87: oh, you've already had one vbac? Damn hospitals and their rules!

33. fitfigure87

grape / 79 posts

@Autumnmama79: lol sorry I meant they won't induce for a VBAC😕 not even breaking my water it sucks! I'm trying to trust God will only allow what is right and meant to be but I am such a worrier!

34. Autumnmama79

pear / 1703 posts

Some fluids leaked this morning. Confirmed very low fluid by ultrasound am having nst now. Nurse says baby in next 24 hours. I'm scared.

35. tinyperson

pomegranate / 3858 posts

@Autumnmama79: Thinking of you - good news is that baby will be here soon!

36. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@Autumnmama79: good luck mama!!! You've got this!!!!

37. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@Autumnmama79: It's happening! Pulling for you!!!

38. TrailRunner

kiwi / 585 posts

@Autumnmama79: good luck!!

39. fitfigure87

grape / 79 posts

@Autumnmama79: good luck!!

@everyone: so I sat down to go to the bathroom and had a huge mucous glob streaked with blood. Anyone think I'm gonna go into labor soon!?

40. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@fitfigure87: could be!!! With my first I lost my plug about 4 days before I went into labor. With this one I didn't lose it until my water broke!! I do remember the midwife telling me most people go into labour within 10 days of losing it. I hope this is a good sign for you!!!!!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee