Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

May 2017 moms!

1. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

I had my NT ultrasound and bloodwork taken today at 12 weeks. Baby measured perfectly at 12w1d, so I am still tracking for an early May baby. The NT measurement was 1.3 mm, so on the low side. I forgot to ask if she saw the nose bone, and the image she provided makes it hard for me to pick out. Does anyone see it? I know they factor that in when estimating the probabilities, but I won't see those stats for another month or two. Can anyone reassure me?

2. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Astro Bee: I think I see it. I feel like they would have mentioned it if they felt something was wrong. That's a long time to wait for the results, though!

3. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@lilteacherbee: I think I see it, too, thanks. A lack of a nose bone is only a soft marker at this stage. They don't really concentrate on finding it until the anatomy scan, and baby really wasn't cooperating to get in the right position for the ultrasound. It took awhile. They base the chances of having Downs, etc. on the ultrasound and both blood tests. The second test isn't for 3.5 weeks, and then I will have to wait for my next doctor's appointment for the results. It's really not as long as it sounds.

4. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

So yesterday morning I woke up at 1 am and went downstairs because I forgot to take my diclegis. Ended up tripping over one of dd's shoes and slid down the last three steps, landing hard on the tile floor at the bottom. Didn't hit my belly, no bleeding, ob said baby should be fine because there's so much liquid surrounding them at this point. But I have bruises and general acheyness

She tried to find the heartbeat at the appointment today, but warned that it would be difficult, and sure enough she couldn't locate it. So I still get to wait until my ultrasound on nov 1st for true confirmation. Sigh. But my bloodwork is good, I got an rx for the genetic testing, and next appointment is nov 18th. I should get the second testing results by then, too. If everything's ok maybe we'll have a gender reveal at thanksgiving

5. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@StrawberryBee: Oh man, glad you're okay!! That would have made me nervous as well. And a Thanksgiving gender reveal would be so fun! My blood draw for MaterniT21 is Friday and I can't believe I may know what this little one is by the end of next week (with both of my LOs, the results took exactly one week!) 😬

6. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@lilteacherbee: one week, so cool! I was told mine would take two. Soooo impatient!

"Cut into the turkey. If it's pink I didn't cook it enough, if it's blue I forgot to defrost it."

7. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@StrawberryBee: They always tell me "up to 2 weeks," but both times, I've gotten the results on the 7th day! I have an announcement idea, but it involves my boys and I'm sure the photo will take multiple attempts (I'm a photographer and my oldest runs from the camera ).

8. MenagerieMama

pear / 1547 posts

My screening results came back with the lowest risks possible for my age for trisomies, hurray! I'm not doing the genetic testing so that's the best I'll get. And at my appt my OB couldn't find the heart rate with the Doppler so I got a quick ultrasound, hard to complain! We haven't been able to tell DH's parents though because they're out of the country and we keep trying to reach them for facetime when they have wifi and haven't coordinated yet. We just can't bear to tell them in an email but it's crazy they don't know yet! I also feel badly that my coworkers don't know yet, but I also hate all the personal questions that go along with pregnancy so I'm also kind of enjoying it.

9. franconia1113

pea / 5 posts

Hey all May mommas!
    My question is regarding vitamins... I was originally taking the Honest Co. prenatal and DHA (two separate vitamins) my OB thought it was way too much DHA (1000mg) and suggested Enfamils Expecta DHA (200mg). I'm concerned this isn't enough, as all of the DHA supplements I've found have more than 200mg. What are you taking?

10. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MenagerieMama: Yay for good results!! That must be so frustrating trying to reach the in-laws- hopefully, you'll be able to announce to them soon! I know what you mean about the questions. We should find out gender next week and I'm waiting to announce to extended family until them because I know I would hear comments-"Maybe you'll get your girl this time!", etc. I got those alllll the time while pregnant with my second son- I can only imagine how it would be now. Of course, if this one IS another boy, I'm sure they'll tell me I can always have a fourth 🙄

@franconia1113: I've been taking these for the last 5 years (pretty much been TTC, pregnant, or breastfeeding for half a decade 😂)

11. franconia1113

pea / 5 posts

@lilteacherbee: Thank you!! There are so many options - it's hard to know what is the right choice!

12. MenagerieMama

pear / 1547 posts

@lilteacherbee: @franconia1113: those are the ones I take too! For 4-5 years now probably at this point. Costco ftw.

13. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@lilteacherbee: If you decide to share your gender announcement on here after it's revealed, I can't wait to hear about it!

@MenagerieMama: great news on the low risk and getting an ultrasound

@franconia1113: @lilteacherbee: @MenagerieMama: same on the vitamins!

14. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

NT scan was today and everything went well! HR of 170 and measured 4 days ahead. I also had my Verifi blood draw so hopefully I'll get those results back soon!

15. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@lilteacherbee:

16. Clementine12

apricot / 322 posts

@Astro Bee: @lilteacherbee: I love seeing your babies! How exciting!

I can tell I'm shifting from first to second trimester - less nausea and exhaustion, and my skin is clearing up (woohoo!). And I think I can see/feel a bump growing

How are you guys feeling lately? Anyone starting to show yet?

17. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Clementine12: So jealous about your skin! I hope mine clears up, too. I feel like a teenager!

I'm so excited to be close to the 2nd trimester! I'm definitely showing a little now (almost 12 weeks). We're announcing this weekend/next week and it's a good thing because I don't think I can hide it for much longer 😬

18. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Clementine12: Glad you're feeling better! I'm still exhausted, no real nausea since I went on the Diclegis. I'm not showing yet, but there's a bit of (read: a lot of) chub for the bump to work its way through ;).

19. Clementine12

apricot / 322 posts

@StrawberryBee: Haha, I have that too - I bet I look the same as before (same not-flat tummy) but I can tell it's harder underneath. Since I'm hoping to not tell my work for a good while still, I HOPE I don't start to look pregnant soon!

20. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

Verifi results came in today- low risk for abnormalities and it's a GIRL!!! I was/am in shock So very excited to have a girl since this is our third and last baby!

21. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Clementine12: I'm poking my belly, but I think it's still mostly flab lol

@lilteacherbee: congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay for little girls!!! I can't remember, is this your first girl?

22. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@StrawberryBee: Yes! My boys are 3 (next month) and 15 months! I was totally expecting a boy (probably partially so I wouldn't get my hopes up). My first (m/c) was a girl- we found out through testing after the d&c that she had Turner syndrome, which affects sex chromosomes in girls. I've always been irrationally nervous that the same thing might happen every time I conceive a girl, but the results show a chromosomally-normal baby girl!!

23. Clementine12

apricot / 322 posts

@lilteacherbee: Yay!!!! Congratulations! I'm so happy for you

@StrawberryBee: I can normally suck in the flab for a relatively flat stomach - not so much right now. Especially at night!

24. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@lilteacherbee: I'm doing the same. I have a girl and would really like another, so I'm telling myself this one is a boy ;).

25. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Clementine12: Thank you! I'm so excited!!

@StrawberryBee: Are you doing any of the genetic tests?! Can't wait for you to find out!!

26. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@lilteacherbee: Yes! I scheduled it for next Wednesday, the day after my ultrasound.

27. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@StrawberryBee: Yay! My results took 6 days, so hopefully you won't have to wait long!

Oh, and her name is Annabelle Kate

28. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@lilteacherbee: congratulations!! A baby girl will be so fun!

My NT scan is Tuesday and I can't wait to see the baby! However, I'll have to wait until 20 weeks to know the gender! So jealous!

29. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@lilteacherbee: love her name! Something tells me it's been at the top of a list for a while

30. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@StrawberryBee: Haha well I no longer liked my girl choices from my previous pregnancies and my husband is super picky, so it was one of the only ones we agreed on. I had my 3 year old try out a few and when he said "Annabelle" in his little southern accent, I was like "yep, that's the one!"

@Emsmems: Thank you! Enjoy your ultrasound! It's so much fun to watch them bounce around and actually look like a baby 😍

31. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@lilteacherbee: so cute! I have a terrible time picking names (and my husband is surprisingly picky), so I have a growing list but I have no idea which ones he'll like. I figure I'll cross that bridge when I know gender and we can start really thinking about it.

32. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@StrawberryBee: I was a teacher for 5 years and my husband teaches 3rd grade, so there are sooo many names we can't use because they remind us of "certain" kids 😉

33. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Emsmems: Good luck today!

@lilteacherbee: I have a similar problem, but with dogs ;). I did dog agility for a number of years, and I can't name my kid any name that I've first known as a dog's name.

34. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@StrawberryBee: @Emsmems: Good luck at your ultrasounds today!!

35. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@Strawberrybee @lilteacherbee: thank you!

Baby looked great! NT measurements all looked good. Baby measured 2 days ahead. Heartbeat of 152! She did say I have an anterior placenta so it may be a little later than normal to feel baby move but as a second time mom I may notice baby move earlier. So all good news!

36. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

Well girls, take me off the list. Nothing to find on the ultrasound but an empty sac.

37. Emsmems

persimmon / 1331 posts

@StrawberryBee: oh no I'm so sorry.

38. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@StrawberryBee: What? Nooo. I'm so sorry. So, so unfair. Let me know if you need to talk. Hugs

39. StrawberryBee

nectarine / 2530 posts

@Emsmems: @lilteacherbee: thanks. Sorry for the blunt post before, I'm trying to get past being terrified over the d&c, and my mothers "oh gee, that's too bad" nonchalant response when I told her. DH has been awesome. I wish I could say I was surprised at the findings, but I kind of had a feeling. It would be worse if I saw something in the ultrasound. Sorry to add to the list of miscarriages this month

40. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@StrawberryBee: I had a D&C following my 9 week missed miscarriage (heart stopped beating just a few days before ultrasound). It was easy to recover from physically and I felt fine after a day or two. Emotionally, I just needed it to be over. Try to ignore comments like that- people say stupid things in these situations. I'm sorry you're going through this. It really, really sucks 😢

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee