Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

New Year, New Babes - January 2015 Moms

1. Mrs Green Grass

pomelo / 5628 posts

@oliviaoblivia: what?! Congrats!

2. littlebug

honeydew / 7504 posts

Just popping in to say congrats to all the new January mamas! And @oliviaoblivia, a repeat January mama! From a January 2013 mama, it's a GREAT month to have a baby! Congrats to all!

3. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Mrs Green Grass: @littlebug: Thanks ladies!! It's kinda weird to be in a January thread without you!

4. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@mfa_lady: Just with my regular doc to get bloodwork. Nothing exciting.

5. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

My appointments are finally set--

1st US: May 29th
    1st Midwife Appt: June 6th

I know it sounds like a long time away, but I had to make sure 1) DH could come to the ultrasound (after our last ultrasound experience I literally can't bear the thought of having to go without him) and 2) I could see my midwife who was with us through our missed MC. With those two qualifiers, it pushed stuff back. I'm excited already!

6. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

I can't wait till my first US...I feel like time is just dragging along. And I am having pretty much no symptoms at all, just some very mild breast tenderness. I know that a lot of people get symptoms only at 6 weeks but I just don't "feel" pregnant. Ugh...

7. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@pmrlady: I feel you, girl. US for me is really exciting and really terrifying--in my last pregnancy, I found out at our first ultrasound (11 weeks) about our missed MC. I am waiting until the end of May to get one this time--I'll be about 8.5 weeks--because I want to be able to see enough to put my mind at ease!

We can count down together!

8. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

I just made my first appt and I'm so excited to join you January ladies!

@septca: would you prefer if this thread was closed and a new one started?

9. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@Anya congrats and welcome!

10. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Anya: Congrats again, girl! So glad you're here!

11. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

Just got a second, less squinty BFP at 11DPO this morning, so I'm in!

EDD: January 13
    When did you find out: I got a very light + yesterday at 10 DPO, but didn't really believe it until this morning's FRER
    How do you feel?: Giddy with excitement, very lucky, and a little nauseous with nerves
    Child #: 2. DS will be 22 months with this LO arrives.
    What type of provider/birth do you want? OB, and a medicated hospital delivery. It worked out nicely the first time, I had a great L&D experience.
    When is your first appointment?: Haven't called yet.
    What are you most excited about?: DS becoming a big brother. He is such a sweet little guy, and my brother and I were exactly the same age gap and very close growing up, so I can't wait! Also, baby kicks and getting a bump and wondering who this little person will be (team green for life, haha)
    What are you scared/nervous about?: Miscarriage or CP. Slightly worried about handling 2 under 2 as well. I'm sure it will work out fine, but things are so lovely right now with DS that even a very much wanted and prayed for baby is a little scary because things will change.

12. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: yay1!! congrats!!

13. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@keepcalmcarrie Congrats!

14. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: Congratulations, lady! Welcome! So glad you're here.

15. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

EDD: January 7th

When did you find out: this past Monday, 12dpo

How do you feel?: Amazing! I'm so excited and feel very lucky. Physically I feel some stretching/pulling but no other symptoms yet.

Child #: 1! This will be the first grandchild on both sides and the first great-grandchild on my husband's side

What type of provider will you see?/What type of birth do you want to have?: I go to a practice of midwives that I love. I'd like my birth experience to be as med-free as possible.

When is your first appointment?: May 29 at 8w1d

What are you most excited about?: everything! Telling my mom, meeting my baby, sharing this experience with my husband.

What are you scared/nervous about?: Aside from the usual stuff, my mom lives a plane ride away so I'm worried that bad weather could keep her from getting here around the time of birth

16. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

I have been nauseous all day, and half of yesterday too. I'm only 11DPO, AF wasn't even due until Tuesday - so it's really too early for MS, right? I had it pretty bad with DS from weeks 6-13, but I was hoping to avoid it (ha) or at least not get it early on this time around.

Is this just from being nervous? Does anyone else already feel sick?

ETA - thank you do much for the warm welcome!! I love this group already

17. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Anya: Our appointments are on the same day! Are you counting down already? I am. So happy for you!

18. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: I think some people get it really early! If I remember right, I'm pretty sure @LovelyPlum had some really serious MS from before AF was even due. I hope you feel better soon!

I don't feel sick yet, persay (I actually have a mortal fear of barfing...weird but true...and very unfortunate), but some things have grossed me out that don't usually. Also, my boobs are hurting on and off, which thrills me! (Add that to the list of things you only say when you're super excited to be pregnant. )

19. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@mfa_lady: yay thanks! I can't wait, esp because there will be an US. Do you know if you're getting one that day?

20. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

I don't feel any MS at all but I heard that second time moms get symptoms earlier as if their bodies already knows what's coming. I don't really feel anything besides breast soreness.

21. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: congratulations! @mfa_lady: was right, I had morning sickness from about 11 DPO straight through to 18 weeks. I'm sorry you're sick, though-it's gross. Have you considered the Zofran route yet? I was on it before 5 weeks-it was the only thing that helped me keep a grip on reality!

22. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Anya: I sure am! I won't actually see my midwife that day (I'll see her the following week), it's just an US appointment. We found about our missed MC last fall at an 11-week ultrasound, so this time I wanted to go in at a time when 1) I'd see enough to make me feel like things were progressing and 2) we were earlier along on the timeline than last time. Because of my experience, the waiting is horrendous! I'm so excited we're on the same day...I'm grateful for a countdown buddy!

23. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@LovelyPlum: Thanks for popping in, lady!

24. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@mfa_lady: LOL, I don't know what made me do it...but it sure makes me look like a due date thread stalker (which I am ) Hope you're well!

25. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@mfa_lady: oops I just caught up on the first page of the thread where you mentioned the US. Woohoo!

26. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

Anybody else already having trouble hiding their pregnancy? Being pregnant makes me feel like a total lush! My SIL (who I adore, so it's totally okay) figured us out at a family wedding last weekend because we were sketchy with drinks and because I turned down the wine at the dinner table. Thank goodness we weren't sitting with my MIL!

My husband is also not very slick...so when he was supposed to get me a vokda tonic sans vodka, he came back with a regular old tonic water. IN A WATER GLASS. No garnish, no cute rocks glass, nothing. Hahahaha! I think he missed the point a little.

27. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@LovelyPlum: thanks for sharing your experience! I will definitely call my OB if it gets worse - I already talked to the office this morning about B6 (already taking) and Emetrol (starting tomorrow). I'm trying to keep eating small "meals," but everything just sounds so gross - except this Coke Zero, which is no bueno for baby.

@pmrlady: that's what I am afraid of. It's like, as soon as I got my BFP, my body decided "this is how we handle the first trimester... no sense putting it off this time!"

28. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@mfa_lady: haha, yes, my mom wants to get dinner tonight and it is going to stand out in a major way if I don't order a glass of wine or a beer. My friend is getting married next month, so my plan is to say I'm on the Whole30 diet, or some version of it. This is just until Mother's Day, when we're planning to tell our families. I feel for you, though! (And my husband is the opposite of smooth too, haha)

29. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@mfa_lady Whenever I go out where I would be expected to drink I just say that I'm driving... Although that excuse obviously wouldn't work if it's at my own house, but we will try not to host anything at our place for this reason...

30. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: Oooh, Whole30 is a good idea. Except then I actually have to eat like that! Which won't exactly work at my brother's (and then, later, my BIL's) graduation party! I think I'll just have to train my hubs a little better.

@pmrlady: That's a good idea, too--this dinner last night was already planned before our BFP so I had no choice! From here on out I'll be a little more stealthy until we go public.

31. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: good luck! I hope it helps. I was on the Unisom/B6 cocktail along with the Zofran for a long time. It wasn't enough on its own, but between the two, it was manageable. Hang in there!

32. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

So my lack of symptoms was making me nervous so I decided to get another test .

I got the fancy clearblue digital with weeks estimator test and got the "Pregnant 3+" sign which means 3 weeks after ovulation, that correlates with an Hcg >2000. That made me feel better.... DH is upset at me for spending money unnecessarily but he doesn't understand that it gives me peace of mind

33. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@pmrlady: amazing! I got a box of token too but I am trying to hold out a few more days before using them. My husband doesn't understand my need to keep testing either but I need that reassurance!

34. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@pmrlady: Yay! Congrats, lady! Now you're making me want one of those tests....

35. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@pmrlady: still pregnant!

I'm still not having much for symptoms. With DD I didn't get any until six weeks I figure I have about four days left.

DH spilled the beans to his mom, dad, coworker, boss, tennis buddy. Not so good with secrets that one.

I've told my parents but that's it. Excepting HB of course.

Does anyone have any exciting announcement plans?

36. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@Oliviaoblivia we already told our parents and DH wants to tell the rest of the family on memorial day weekend since we'll all be together... I'm still thinking that might be too early but we'll see...

37. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@oliviaoblivia: we're planning on telling our parents next weekend. It's early but I wanted to take the opportunity to tell my mom on Mother's Day. Anyone else we'll wait to tell after the US

38. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

My mom, SIL, BIL and other SIL know already. Also one of my BFFs, because she was a huge support to me during my MC and is amazing to talk to about stuff like this. I am talking to my other BFF on Skype today (she live across the country), and I'll try to wait to tell her because she's visiting the day after our first US, but if she flat out asks I won't lie to her.

We'll likely tell my whole family around 10 - 12 weeks as long as all looks good. I'd like to wait to tell DH's family until 13ish weeks (he has a huge family) because we'll be on vacation with them at that time. We'll see what actually happens! I wish I could transport to 13 weeks right now!

39. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@oliviaoblivia: My husband told a bunch of people the first time, too--I couldn't even get upset, he was so excited! He's much more cautious this time, after our loss, so we are being careful to tell people we'd want to know about the whole process if anything (God forbid) happened.

40. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

Still totally in shock but excited to meet you ladies!

EDD: January 11

When did you find out: today, around 14 DPO…I totally thought I was out this month because we only BD-ed like 5 days before and a week after a positive OPK…but somehow it worked out!

How do you feel?: just shocked / don't believe it, and excited!

Child #: 2. DD will be 28 months with this LO arrives.

What type of provider/birth do you want? OB, I loved my group of doctors last time and hospital so want to stick with them

When is your first appointment?: Haven't called yet.

What are you most excited about?: I loved being pregnant last time, so hope its just as good this time around…seeing my DD interact with a baby (she is currently obsessed with babies!)

What are you scared/nervous about?: Miscarriage or CP. And figuring out how to tell my sister. She is TTC #1 and just had a miscarriage and is having a really rough time…I don't see her in person that often so I am hoping they get pregnant super quick after their MC and I can tell her after she tells me! Otherwise I'm not sure how to tell her

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee