Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

New Year, New Babes - January 2015 Moms

1. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@MrsTiger: Congrats again, lady! So glad you're here.

2. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@MrsTiger: Congrats and welcome! Sorry to hear about your sister...I hope she gets pregnant again soon

3. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mfa_lady: Thanks for sending me over here!!!

EDD: Jan 11!!!

When did you find out: This morning! Lol AF was due this morning, and despite several BFN's earlier this month, I tested when AF didn't show up - and BFP on a wondfo!! Confirmed with FRER a few hours later.

How do you feel?: Shocked!!! Nervous.

Child #: 2

What type of provider will you see?/What type of birth do you want to have?: OB/Gyn. I will have a medically required c-section.

When is your first appointment?: Don't have one yet.

What are you most excited about?: Giving DS a sibling. Holding a tiny baby again!

What are you scared/nervous about?: the first trimester. Juggling 2 kids!

4. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@ValentineMommy: So excited you're here! We have lots of 2nd time mamas on this thread--I'm hoping you guys will be full of wisdom for the first-timers like me!

5. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@mfa_lady: I went to my yoga studio this weekend and took the lower impact class like I mentioned- I ended up next to a woman who must have been 7-8 months along! I though that was very serendipitous and I was definitely peeking at her to see what modifications she was doing

6. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

Just updating a roll call for us...feel free to update and repost anytime!

JANUARY MAMAS!!

Due Dates
    January 1st: Oliviaoblivia (#2)
    January 2nd: PMRLADY (#1)
    January 5th: MFA_LADY (#1)
    January 7th: Anya (#1)
    January 11th: MrsTiger (#2)
    January 11th: ValentineMommy (#2)
    January 13th: KeepCalmCarrie (#2)

First Appointment
    April 25th: Oliviaoblivia:
    May 13th: PMRLADY:
    May 27th: MrsTiger
    May 29th: MFA_LADY:
    May 29th: Anya
    June 3rd: KeepCalmCarrie

7. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mfa_lady: I hope so!! While I have no wisdom about natural childbirth, I definitely remember what pregnancy was like!!! Lol

I can't belive DS is going to be a big brother. He's a Feb baby and will alllllmost be 2 when this one is due.

This is him:

8. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Anya: Ahh, so good! I bet if you've been going for a long time you can totally keep doing it! Keep me updated.

9. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

Just an update from my neck of the woods...

I have been SO EXHAUSTED. Anyone else? Seriously, I've been taking two hour naps almost every day. Now I see why this is so much harder when you're chasing around another little one--all I have to do is walk my dogs at the moment and I can barely stay awake through that! Can't imagine doing this with another little one afoot. Kudos to you second time mamas! My boobs are also hurting, and I remember that being a big symptom from my first BFP.

I had a little freakout yesterday because I had some spotting...but it was brown and seems to have been a one-time thing. And as a sweet friend suggested to me when I talked to her about it yesterday, I'm trying to think only of my joy and not let any fear in!

Hope you ladies are all having a good Monday morning.

10. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@ValentineMommy: Girl, he is PRECIOUS! Is it weird that I'm jealous of your kid's hair?

11. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

I told my husband yesterday (he was out of town when I found out) and he was shocked and so happy. We totally didn't think it would happen this quickly so are cautiously optimistic that this will work out.

I called my OB this morning and my dating ultrasound is scheduled for 5/27. I can't wait!

12. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mfa_lady: Thank you!! Dude has had 6 haircuts now...his hair grows like a weed!!! It's funny cause it's curly on top, wavy in back, and pin straight on the sides! Definitely get in some naps, mama! I'm starting to get tired too!!! And I don't think my little man is going to let me nap!

@MrsTiger: We also didn't think it would happen this fast, and are cautiously optimistic! How exciting for the u/s!!!!

13. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@mfa_lady: Thanks for updating! There are so many more mommies on the list!

Welcome ladies!!

@ValentineMommy: My DD will be just a week shy of 2 when this baby arrives. Perfect!

14. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@MrsTiger: Added you to the appointments list!

15. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@ValentineMommy: So happy to see you here! Welcome - your son is adorable

@mfa_lady: Thanks for updating the roll call. My first appointment is June 3 (seems SO far away). I'm only feeling super tired in the late afternoons these days. Sore boobs off and on, nauseous off and on (usually when hungry). I had a minor freakout yesterday because - TMI alert - I had this sudden "gush" of CM while out on a walk and I immediately thought AF was here and I'd had a CP. I'm really afraid of that. I'll try to borrow your friend's advice too.

@oliviaoblivia: Like you and @ValentineMommy: I will also have 2 under 2! DS will turn 2 March 10, so they will be about 22 months apart.

Anyone else Team Green? I didn't find out with LO#1 and it was so much fun to wait and wonder. I'm keeping an eye out for newborn winter clothes on clearance now!

16. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: Oh, girl. I've been having a ton of CM, too. No worries on the TMI. Haha!

I am having trouble relaxing mostly because of my missed MC. Usually people say "you're not bleeding, you're fine! You still have symptoms! You're fine!" But, for me, none of those things are encouraging, you know? I had symptoms out the wazoo and for all intents and purposes was "still pregnant" when I found out about our loss at 11 weeks (development stopped at 6). So, I'm finding joy everywhere I can and counting down the days to that ultrasound!

As for Team Green--we don't know yet! My guess is that we won't be able to swing it. We're so impatient! We had talked about it a while back, and then when I got pregnant the first time, DH and I went on a walk two days after my BFP and he said "so when can we find out if it's a boy or a girl?" Haha. So much for waiting, right? Who knows what we'll decide this time. My BFF was just team green for her little guy, though, and it was awesome!

17. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: No team green for us. Last go around finding out the sex really helped DH connect with the baby. This time because our two will be born in the same week I'd like to know what I can reuse.

18. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: No team green for us either, we both can't stand the suspense and I am way too much of a planner to not know.

19. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: Thank you! We will definitely be finding out the gender. I could barely even wait the 20 weeks!!!! Plus, I wanna know if I need a lot of new stuff or not!

20. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@ValentineMommy: congrats on your BFP!

I will definitely be asking for all the wisdom from all the second time moms here.
    Still no symptoms on my end except sore boobs. I guess I should enjoy it while it lasts...

21. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

I will definitely be finding out as soon as possible!

22. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@pmrlady: I had more symptoms with DD than I do now. Mild nausea and some exhaustion so far. My boobs did hurt but haven't in a while. As awful as m/s is, I'm hoping it comes soon.

23. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

Ladies, out of respect for septca, I think we should close this thread and start a new January 2015 Moms thread.

@mfa_lady: since you have been getting us started with the roll calls, would you be willing to host?

24. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Anya: I'd be willing to host a new board. I do understand your desire to start a new one and I certainly do not want to cause her any pain. She has hidden the board though so I don't know that we need to start a new one. There are a couple other month threads that were started by moms that then MC'd. I'm hesitant to start a new one because we are all still fairly newly pregnant and unfortunately statistically there will be more losses.

25. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@oliviaoblivia: ok well I will defer to your judgement then

26. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@Anya: I don't want to have the final vote! I just wanted to voice the risk.

27. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@oliviaoblivia: @Anya: Ack, this is a hard one. Like @oliviaoblivia, though, I think it might be best to keep this thread for a variety of reasons.

To be honest, I'm terrified to host the thread myself for fear of MC as well. I was already worried about joining--I never even posted in a due date board for my first pregnancy and so posting here was a huge leap.

What do others think?

28. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

Well I've seen other due date groups create separate threads for appts, nurseries, etc so I suppose there will be other opportunities to branch into other threads later on

29. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

DH was asking me last night about the logistics of the house/nurseries and what the plan will be for LO2. It made me super nervous to get excited about it this early.

For whatever reason, I'm MORE nervous the second time around. I am so afraid of m/c. Argh. I just wish the 1st trimester would fly by!

30. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@ValentineMommy: I know what you mean, I feel like this whole TTC thing is such a cruel waiting game... First you're waiting to O, then the two week wait, then you get a BFP and you wait for your first appointment, then for the first trimester to go by... It just never ends.

31. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@pmrlady: right?!? It's awful. I'm so excited that I want to tell the world, but obviously, I'm scared to death that something might happen! Ugh. I'm such a planner-type personality...all this waiting kills me!

32. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@pmrlady: @ValentineMommy: You guys are so right! So much waiting, and so much wondering. Ugh! My husband and I are much more cautious this time, because of our loss last fall. I have been having a good bit of cramping, which is kind of freaky. I know it can be normal, but it's scary, too.

Last night, DH stopped by the grocery store on the way home from the gym. He came in with a whiffle ball and bat, and told me that he wanted to get it so I could remember that no matter what, we'd have a baby one day to love on and play with. It was super sweet--and was really encouraging to me!

I'll just be glad when we make it through that first ultrasound, since that's the place where it all fell apart last time! 23 days to go! (But who's counting?)

33. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Anya: Found this list of images for Bikram pregnancy mods and thought of you! I don't think you're doing Bikram, since your studio seems to have different options, but thought this was cool anyway! http://www.bikramyogales.com/bikram-yoga/pregnancy-yoga-postures/

34. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mfa_lady: omg that's terrifying. I'm so sorry you went through that! But how sweet of your DH! I was a total freak last time and bought a fetal heart doppler. So glad I kept it...this is so nerve wracking.

I called my doctor yesterday to get my prescription for my prenatals (same ones I took with DS). I asked when I should make an appointment and they were kinda "meh" about it. They said not for a few weeks, unless there are some problems. Ugh....I'm going to call again at the end of the week to request a blood test confirmation and see where we can go from there.

35. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@ValentineMommy: My midwife's office is probably SO SICK of hearing from me by now--when I miscarried last year, my MW was so wonderful (emailing me to check in, promising earlier US this time, etc) and I was calling them THE DAY I got my positive test. Haha! The MW wasn't surprised, so all was fine once I actually got in touch with her, but the nurses and office staff were all like "Hey, lady, pump the brakes." Hahaha!

I hope you get your appointment info figured out soon!

36. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@mfa_lady: thanks!!

37. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@ValentineMommy: where did you get the fetal Doppler?

38. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mfa_lady: Thanks! I'm definitely going to call by the end of the week and force them to let me in lol

@pmrlady: ebay! http://www.ebay.com/bhp/sonoline-b I have the pink one, though I don't think it makes a difference. I was able to find the heartbeat on my own after 8-9 weeks or so. I watched a youtube video that tells you how to find it. It's really great for those of use who like to "check" on things every once in awhile. I also used it when I was farther along when DS would stop moving for awhile. It would make me feel better just to make sure he was ok in there.

39. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

Went for a run today for the first time since BFP- ouch! I'm going to need one of those compression sports bras I think

40. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@Anya: Girl, I can't even imagine. I have to tiptoe going up and down the stairs at work! Haha. I love having sore boobs, though--it reminds me that things are happening and I feel like it's the least problematic of so many symptoms.

This exhaustion, on the other hand...it's really cramping my style.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee