Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

New Year, New Babes - January 2015 Moms

1. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

Did anyone get tooth pain during pregnancy? Some of my teeth have been hurting on and off....I don't see any redness or anything but I read that you can get gingivitis in pregnancy. Just wondering if anyone had to deal with that.

2. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@Anya: Yes to the compression sports bra. My boobs were not nearly this sore last time around. My nausea thankfully hasn't gotten any worse, it just hits when I get hungry. I have a headache tonight I never get them, and it's making me so unreasonable grouchy!

All I want to do is take a hot shower and go to bed, but I have lots of work to get through. I resigned my full-time job in PR when LO#1 was 4 months old, but the company kept me on to work a few hours each week from home on corporate writing projects. It's been a huge blessing for the past ten months in so many ways, but I work mostly during naptime and at night - and I have a feeling that is going to be a big challenge over the next few months. I'm so tired!

What does everyone else do? If people ask I usually just say SAHM since the projects (and pay) are small.

3. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@pmrlady: Yes I had a lot of tooth pain with DD #1. I switched to Sensodyne early in my pregnancy and that helped immensely.

Boob-wise, mine don't hurt all the time but my daughter seems to love punching them by accident when we are snuggling on the couch, and…OW!

4. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@keepcalmcarrie: I work in healthcare and currently in a hospital rehab center. It's sometimes long hours and lots of work but thankfully the fatigue hasn't hit me hard yet. We'll see how that goes.

My boobs don't hurt unless touched so I have to constantly slap DH's hands away from them

5. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

Sounds like a good gig, @keepcalmcarrie! I'd imagine early pregnancy does NOT make the naptime/evening work easy, though! You are a rock star!

I'm in nonprofit communications and fundraising, although I may be making a switch in the near future. I was almost all the way through an interview process when I got my BFP, then I just had one more interview post-BFP and am waiting to hear. The new job would be more of a writer/project manager type position. We'll see if I get an offer! With my new news in the mix, I'm totally okay with whatever happens.

6. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@MrsTiger: Thanks I will try that toothpaste. I have been to the dentist less than 6 months ago so I don't think my insurance will cover it if I go again now.

7. keepcalmcarrie

persimmon / 1096 posts

@pmrlady: One of my friends is a PA, and she was assisting in surgeries at 39 weeks pregnant. Health care workers are rock stars

@mfa_lady: Good luck on an offer! I love writing, and it is really nice to work from home. But I do miss an office environment sometimes (like yesterday, when one of my dogs randomly threw up and LO had 2 blow out diapers, UGH, get me away from these bodily fluids!)

8. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

Probably a TMI question - but have any of you noticed any small red dots on your boobs? I actually noticed this last week but figured it was just irritation or something, but they are not going away / actually seem to be growing. It started with a small dot the size of the tip of my pinky and now there are two connected dots...they're red but smooth.

9. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@pmrlady: I had tooth pain in my first pregnancy, and ended up needing a root canal after I had DS. Oddly enough, the same tooth has been hurting (and shouldn't, since it has no nerves!)

@keepcalmcarrie: I'm an interior designer for the gov. I work from home two days a week though!

@MrsTiger: weird! I haven't had that, but I did have small red dots on my preg belly last time around. It turned out to be a reaction to a lotion I had been using though. Do they itch or anything?

No boob pain yet for me! I am still having cramps though, anyone else??

10. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@ValentineMommy: Definitely still cramping. I'm trying to remember that means little babe is growing! Note to self: THIS.IS.NORMAL.

@MrsTiger: I haven't had this, but it did make me think of something. When I was in college, I got a random rash on my boobs/belly--it was dots that ended up connecting, like you said--and I went to the dermatologist about it and it was just a harmless rash (with a name I can't recall). But, apparently, it usually happens when you're pregnant (cue 22-year old me FREAKING OUT), but sometimes you just get it randomly. The same thing happened to my cousin when she WAS pregnant--so maybe it's that? This is probably not helpful at all since I can't remember the name of it...but I just thought I'd share!

11. HappyBaker

nectarine / 2242 posts

@mfa_lady: haha yea way to scare a 22 year old! good to know.

@valentinemommy: nope not itchy or anything, and yes I'm having random cramps.

12. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

No cramps, no boob pain, very mild exhaustion, but man oh man do I feel like puking. Ugh.
    I forgot about this part.

@ValentineMommy: I'm an architect! What kinds of projects do you do? I build houses for rich people.

@mfa_lady: Good luck!

Good news, after 12 failed attempts we finally had an offer accepted on a house last night. We close in 23 days! It's an expensive disaster but we'll figure it out. DH is having a bit of a nervous breakdown about it. He's kinda stressing me out.

13. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Congratulations!! What kind of house is it? Do you have to sell, too? I hope your DH can chill out a bit!

14. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@mfa_lady: We're renting now so that part is easy. We've been looking for over three years so this has been a loooong time coming. We grew out of our place years ago.
    The house is 4 bed 2 bath 3 kitchens.....it had been used as a triplex for years. It was owned by a 90 year old man that tiled the entire ground floor in orange, green, and brown ceramic. It's soooo ugly!!!

15. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mfa_lady: I keep telling myself the same thing.

@oliviaoblivia: Awesome! I work for the federal government, so everything I do is federal. Courthouses, offices, lobbies. It's not incredibly exciting, but it is as stable as design jobs come! Congrats on the house!!!! That's so exciting!

I have been SO irritable that it's scary!!! I think DH and I have argued every day for the past week (over stupid things that blow up for no reason)! It doesn't help that I'm totally exhausted! Ugh!

In other news, I just made my 1st doc appt!!!! Next friday!!! Yay!

16. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Oh my gosh! Hahaha. You've got to post a picture of that floor for us! It sounds like a lot of work but like a lot of fun, too. Congrats!

17. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@ValentineMommy: Yay for your first appointment! And don't feel bad about being irritable--I couldn't overcome feeling like a raging you-know-what at work yesterday. I was sitting in a meeting and just SO IRRITATED by every word my coworkers were saying. For absolutely no reason! The only reason I'm not irritated with DH is probably because I'm usually asleep on the couch by the time he gets home...haha!

Also, yay for your appointment!! Will you have an US?

18. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@ValentineMommy: Exciting! Will you get an ultrasound?

@mfa_lady: I'm debating blogging about our renovation. If I do, I'll share the link.

19. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@mfa_lady: Right??? I don't remember being this irritated last time! Lol I feel bad for my DH!

I doubt there will be an u/s because I'm so early? But, I'm really not sure. I had one at 5.5w with DS, because I was having really bad back pain and they wanted to make sure he wasn't ectopic (which he wasn't), but that was as a testing place, not the doc. So...I don't know! If so, I assume it'll be a trans vaginal one (ick.) Most likely, it's just a blood test to check hcg levels. I'll let you all know though!

When is everyone else's appts?

20. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

I have a prenatal appt. with my GP on Tuesday. No idea what her plan is.

I'll see my OB at 11 weeks and then get the NT scan at 12 weeks. Won't see baby until then.

21. charmed

persimmon / 1177 posts

I've been following along with this thread for a little while, and now that I've had BFPs 3 days in a row, I feel like I'm ready to join
    I just finished scheduling my first doctor appointment, so I think it's starting to feel "real". I'm still so very nervous that it won't work out, but also cautiously optimistic

EDD: 1/15/2014 (based on O date)

When did you find out: 5/5/2014 (no Cinco de Mayo margaritas for me! )

How do you feel?: Excited and nervous! I was taking progesterone for a short LP (and still am), so I've been a little tired from that, but nothing else.

Child #: our first!!

What type of provider will you see?/What type of birth do you want to have?: OBGYN, hoping for a natural/unmedicated birth, but I'll take anything that gives me a healthy baby!

When is your first appointment?: June 5 (so far away!!)

What are you most excited about?: Everything! Being pregnant, having a newborn, all the itty bitty baby things, seeing DH as a father, telling my parents ...

What are you scared/nervous about?: Having a m/c and morning sickness. My mom and sister both had terrible morning sickness, so I've sort of resigned myself to it.

I look forward to getting to know all of you!

22. Anya

nectarine / 2784 posts

@charmed: hi!

23. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Aw, sorry you have to wait so long to see the babe!

@charmed: Welcome! So glad you're here!!

24. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@charmed: Welcome and congrats!!

25. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@charmed: Welcome and congrats!!!!!

26. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

Hello ladies! Can I join in the fun too?

EDD: Jan 14

When did you find out: About an hour ago! Still in total shock!

How do you feel?: Shocked! Excited! Nervous! Rinse and repeat.

Child #2! We have an 18 month old daughter too.

What type of provider will you see? My family doctor also does pre natal care so I'll stick with her, mainly because I know she'll give me help with morning sickness if I need it.

When is your first appointment?: I'm still under the care of the fertility clinic so repeat bloodwork on Friday then scan at 7 weeks, i think.

What are you most excited about?: Seeing my daughter with her new baby sibling. My heart is already à puddle just thinking about it!

What are you scared/nervous about?: Miscarriage, ectopic and morning sickness. I had horrendous sickness last time and am praying it's milder this go round.

Congrats everyone! Hope we all have à happy and healthy nine months!

27. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@travelgirl1: WooHooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

28. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

@travelgirl1: and again because I'm so excited!!!

Cannot wait to see our girls turn into big sisters together!!!

So excited for you my friend!!

29. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@travelgirl1: Congrats!!!!!!!

30. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@oliviaoblivia: Aw I know, it's so exciting!

@ValentineMommy: Thank you so much!

31. charmed

persimmon / 1177 posts

@Anya: @mfa_lady: @ValentineMommy: @oliviaoblivia: thanks!

@travelgirl1: hi!

32. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@travelgirl1: oh my gosh, YAY!!

33. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

@travelgirl1: Welcome, lady! So glad to have you!

34. oliviaoblivia

pineapple / 12793 posts

JANUARY MAMAS!!

Due Dates
    January 1st: Oliviaoblivia (#2)
    January 2nd: PMRLADY (#1)
    January 5th: MFA_LADY (#1)
    January 7th: Anya (#1)
    January 11th: MrsTiger (#2)
    January 11th: ValentineMommy (#2)
    January 13th: KeepCalmCarrie (#2)
    January 14th: Travelgirl1 (#2)
    January 15th: Charmed (#1)

Next Appointment
    May 9th: Travelgirl
    May 13th: PMRLADY:
    May 13th: OliviaOblivia
    May 16th: ValentineMommy
    May 27th: MrsTiger
    May 29th: MFA_LADY:
    May 29th: Anya
    June 3rd: KeepCalmCarrie
    June 5th: Charmed

let me know if there are more updates!

Welcome to our latest January Mamas!!

35. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

YAY! Our list is getting so long!

36. travelgirl1

cantaloupe / 6630 posts

@charmed: @LovelyPlum: @mfa_lady: You're all so sweet!
    When I get home tonight I'm going to read this entire thread through to catch up

37. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@travelgirl1: AHHHHHHHH! Congrats! I'm so happy for you!

38. pmrlady

apricot / 316 posts

@charmed: @travelgirl1: congrats ladies!

So I called my ob's office to ask if she does ultrasounds in the office and they said she doesn't. So I called the radiology department and scheduled an ultrasound the same day as my doctors appointment. I am hoping that when I see her she'll agree to order the US and then I don't have to wait for it since it will already be scheduled. I feel very sneaky for doing this but I really need to see the heartbeat!

39. mfa_lady

pomegranate / 3921 posts

You guys, I'm totally losing it. Earlier this week I was worried because I was having cramps...today I'm worried because they seem to have disappeared! I need to get a grip here. Ack! Is it May 29th yet?

40. ValentineMommy

pomelo / 5791 posts

@pmrlady: That's smart, not sneaky!!!

@mfa_lady: you sound like me now. I was worried this morning that I was having cramps again. Every time I feel them, I run to the bathroom to check that I'm not bleeding. I have this fear every time I go to the bathroom!!! So stressful!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee