Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2013 Babies

1. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@ms.janedoe: I love our k'tan. I actually haven't tested the ergo yet!
    @Mrs. Pink: you're so lucky to get 8 weeks of full pay! I get 4 weeks of disability (70 percent but no taxes taken out )and then I had to use my two weeks of sick/personal time too and the rest is unpaid.

2. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@anbanan15: They only had the natural... I would have preferred the navy, but I'll take what I can get! $159!

@Mrs. J: Does he feel secure in the k'tan? I felt like she was too, elastic-y and not tight enough against me... I think I'll try again though now that she's older.

We had an awesome night (DH is gone ice fishing until Monday)--down around 9:00, up for an hour to nurse from 1-2, then an in-bed snack at 5, and up at 7:45! I stupidly couldn't fall asleep after 2:00...which sucked. She's now napping on my lap (on the nursing pillow)... I should probably break the habit eventually, but it's so easy and she's so cute!

3. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@ms.janedoe: great price! I think you are going to love it.

When she sleeps like that are you changing diapers? Or only when she wakes to nurse? What diaper are you using and do you get leaks?

I'm still changing often and we are getting lots of leaks lately. We are still in sposies at night.

4. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@anbanan15: We;re still using disposables at night, too--Pampers Sensitive Swaddlers. I'm trying to burn up the very last of our newborn stash. They're juuuust barely fitting her, but I feel like the 1s give her major saggy bottom. We honestly haven't had a legit leak/blowout yet (knock on wood). Anyway, then still the BGs during the day.

I'll usually diaper cream her up good before bed, then change her at 1:00ish when she gets up). Then I'll re-cream her good, and we uuusually get up around 5:00ish, but since she was content to keep laying I just let it go. She had mega full pee diaper and just a small poop!

5. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@ms.janedoe: I hint we just have a heavy wetter on our hands

6. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

I think I win worst momma award. DH is out of town, and I wanted to try to pump after LO ate this morning...she's fusssssssy today and wouldn't stop mussing. So...I put her in the bouncer...in front of the TV. Baaaah, so awful, I know. It just sucks, we have a massive 70" TV that takes up the entire wall so it's hard to keep her from looking at it, but I usually at least TRY! Oh well...right?

Anyway, LO is fussy to the max and screamed through her entire bath. I finally got her calmed and she fell asleep eating, whew! Riiight at the start of the 2nd Wonder Week leap!

7. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@ms.janedoe: Just make sure not to go for a car ride in small diapers! We had a blow out on the way to my parents' this week. We're in 1's, but in the car seat, the poop had no where to go but out the side. So much fun trying to change a screaming baby at a rest stop in the middle of winter in the back seat of the car with poop everywhere! So glad DH was doing it, not me, lol.

Things are going pretty good over here. We're working on a scheduled bedtime and a dreamfeed. I'm kind of dreading the end of the week - DH finally goes back to work and I have baby ALL day by myself for the first time.

8. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@ms.janedoe: you're not the worst mama! If it makes you feel better, DH totally felt like the worst daddy yesterday. He clipped LO's fingertip while doing his nails yesterday it was so sad. He bled for a long time and they both cried for an hour. So, so pitiful. And I was trying to get ready for a bridal shower I was supposed to go to, but I ended up skipping it and then going to see my friend later last night. I put some breastmilk on it, wrapped it in a tiny bandaid, and put mittens on him. He seems to be okay now, except he acts like its a bit sore

9. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@ShootingStar: Baahaha, I love it. You'll do so great flying solo, promise!! It's totaly terrifying at first, but not bad once you get going!

@lilteacherbee: Ohhh noooo. Isn't it crazy how such a little cut will not. stop. bleeding?! Haaha, good call on wound care, I just kept dabbing at it with a burp cloth...fail. Glad they're both feeling better!

10. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@lilteacherbee: I used the clippers on Reagan when we first came home, but I cut it too close. Since then I have just been biting them when she starts to scratch me. It is working pretty well. I tried to file them, but I felt like I was filing the top of her fingers more than the nails.

@ms.janedoe: We have a massive TV too, and I find Reagan looking at it when it's on. I am trying to limit how much she watches though.

11. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

Reagan is two months today. I can't believe it's already been two months, but at the same time it seems so natural like she has always been a part of our lives!

Here are the pics I took at 1 week, 1 month, and now 2 months.

12. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

Hi November mamas...I've been a longtime HB lurker and finally took the plunge to say hello today.

I had my little girl, Caroline, 11/15. She's now 6 weeks, totally adorable, and we're so in love! I'm slowly trying to figure out this "mom" gig, and am glad to hear there's a group of mamas with the same age babes! Hope you ladies don't mind if I join in with you?

13. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@MrsA: so glad you decided to join!! My Nathan was born on 11/14

14. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

@NeekieRose: Love the pictures!

@MrsA: welcome! Post away!

15. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@anbanan15: Thanks!

@MrsA: Welcome, congrats on your little girl! I was a lurker for a while and even now am more of a reader than a poster, but the Nov Mommas are a great group of ladies (with super cute babies).

16. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@NeekieRose: Isn't it nuts how fast it goes?! So cliche but so true!! Cute pics, by the way! Ugh, talk about first world problems with the huge TVs...I'm usually able to keep her attention off of it during the day/night with toys/books/faces/a black and white IKEA pillow she looooves, but it was just soooo easy for the morning pump!

@MrsA: Welcome! Congrats on babygirl! How have things been going for you so far? First baby?

17. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

Uggggh, so LO has just been like, a completely different baby all day long, she's been suuuuuper fussy and dies this posses off LOUD cry that's new for her. She only really napped for a total of maybe 2 hours all day long. I fiiiinally got her down around 8:30, only to have her wake up at 9:15. She's been up ever since then. She hasn't been crying it anything, just...wide awake. What the heck?! How is that even possible?? Shouldn't she be just exhausted? I've been trying to comfort nurse/rock her to sleep, which works, but then she wakes right back up again if I stop/move. Yaaaawn.

18. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@MrsA: welcome! I have a Caroline too! She was born on 11/13

19. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

@Mrs. Pink: I am in sync with you on the mitts and nail clipping I let my husband own the task of nail clipping since I already handle BF Fair trade, don't you think? E will be 7 months old tomorrow and my husband has successfully clipped his left hand nails. Elliott is like the Wolverine on the right hand

I'm also on leave until 2/10.

20. sweetooth

nectarine / 2705 posts

hahahahha!! 7 weeks old...nice typo...

I'll write more when I have both hands.

21. Mrs. J

pomelo / 5132 posts

@MrsA: welcome!
    @ShootingStar: how are you working on a bedtime ? I feel like we try to put him down around the same time, usually when we go, but some nights he is just wide awake.

22. ShootingStar

coconut / 8472 posts

@Mrs. J: We're trying to start a bedtime routine and put him down much earlier than we had been. For weeks he was so sleepy that he just went to bed when we did. But he usually only goes 2-3 hours between feeds and it started taking forever to get him to sleep, which stressed me out, since I was getting maybe a hour of sleep at time.

So now we're aiming for bed routine to start at 8. The plan is to go upstairs, change diaper, swaddle, feed until asleep and put in pack n play next to our bed. Then dreamfeed at 10:30.

Only yesterday the plan went totally to crap. We had a SUPER cranky day yesterday, and then he would not settle in the crib at all. Usually once he's asleep he'll be good in there for 2-3 hours. I ended up trying to get him to sleep in the crib twice (after 2.5 hours of trying to get him to sleep in the first place) and finally gave up and put him in bed with us. I totally thought we were going to have a rough night. But OMG, he slept the longest he ever has at almost 5 hours! I couldn't believe the clock when it said 4am.

23. MrsA

apricot / 444 posts

Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm glad to be in such kind company

Yes, she is our first. It's been going ok so far. We had some weight gain/feeding concerns for the first 4 weeks, so I was doing the nursing/pumping/supplementing with pumped milk dance, but now we're very happily nursing only! She's still a peanut but is gaining much better.

Today was my first day alone with her after having DH and grandparent help all last week so I felt a little out of the routine we'd gotten into, some days I feel like I almost have it together and others I just feel like I'm floundering. Am I alone there?

24. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

Caroline has her first real cold now... she had the sniffles a few weeks back but now she's got a cough and everything along with it... we blame Daddy

25. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@MrsA: you are so not alone-- I go through that on a pretty consistent basis-- some days we have it down and some days I'm practically crying because I can't seem to figure out what she needs...

We are on no kind of schedule yet other then that she pretty much goes to bed every night between 10/11PM and 2AM and eats roughly every 2-3 hours unless it's at night and sometimes she goes 4 if she's asleep. I have a ton of friends who had their babies on a schedule with a real routine (bath, bottle/boob, book, bed) by this time and had their babies going to bed at 8 or 9pm and up only once if that during the night until 7AM... I just can't even...

FWIW I also had a couple friends with colicky babies who look at me like I'm insane when I complain that I can't force her onto a schedule because unlike their babies, mine actually sleeps

26. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

so after wearing Caroline in the k'tan for about an hour, I'm pretty sure we love it, although I feel like she's going to fall out because I'm not used to it yet!

She didn't like the one where her legs were all tucked in, so we do the leg out option... it took me a good 15 minutes to get it right, I kept trying to put her legs through wrong! Apparently even with pictures and a video I am so uncoordinated! I can't imagine trying to use a moby.....

The only thing that really concerning is making sure she doesn't put her head so she can't breath, she likes to move her head a lot and either puts her nose right against my sternum (so my boobs will block her) or she turns it into the side I have tucked up to support her head. I'm sure we'll get the hang of it though!

27. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

@Mrs. Pink: We have the cough/sniffles, too!! So sad!

ETA: Combined with the Wonder Week leap, it's been a rough couple of days!

28. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@ms.janedoe: I pulled the "first time mom" thing and took her to the Ped. today just incase since I thought DH might have picked up his yearly case of bronchitis-- and she's been so sleepy and not really wanting to eat much... and she's just got a regular old cold- thankfully- they weighed her and she's def. getting enough- she's up to 9lbs 8oz from her 1 month check-up about 2 weeks ago! That's 3lbs in little more then 6 weeks that she's gained

29. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@ms.janedoe: also, what is a wonder week? I keep seeing it but google did nothing for me

30. Turd Ferguson

pomegranate / 3160 posts

http://www.thewonderweeks.com/mental-leap-2/

Wonder Weejs are kind of like mental growth spurts I guess! I attached the web link to the overall summary, but there's an app you can download too. So far it's been spot on as far as her fussys/wanting to (or not wanting to ) eat/sleeping/etc.!

OMG, same with my LO, she hasn't had much of an appetite either! I didn't bring her in for a fixture appt, it hasn't gotten too awful she doesn't have a fever, just sounds super congested and coughs occasionally. Like I said though, it's the saddest thing! She also slept like absolute crap last night and hasn't napped well today, so that's been tough. Poor thing just looks exhausted! I'm going to try her in the RnP tonight and hope the incline helps her.

We had a weight check today! She's up to 11 pounds 6.4 ounces! About 3.5 weeks ago at our last LC appointment she was 9 pounds 14.5 ounces, and she's been EBF this while time! Whew!

31. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@ms.janedoe: I will have to check that out- I never thought there was a pattern to the madness!

If you know anyone who does those doTerra essential oils- we're trying those right now since the usual go tos like vicks are still out. My husbands cousin gave us some samples of a couple of them-- it's worth a shot at this point! Worst case it doesn't work and my LO just smells like lemon, peppermint, cinnamon, eucalyptus and lavender... no joke, she smells so delicious....

32. shellio

pear / 1614 posts

Hi ladies... haven't posted for a while but wanted to say hello. DS is 7 weeks old now and growing away! Glad to hear all the other November baby updates

Wanted to add our experience with a schedule. We implemented a schedule early on with my first DS, around 1-2 weeks old. He responded really well to it and I think it contributed to his great night sleep. We kind of followed Babywise, we weren't super strict about it but we were consistent about eat-waketime-nap and also about making sure he wasn't awake for too long, maybe an hour or so at a time is about right by 6-8 weeks. We also had an early bedtime, like 5-530. I think making sure they don't sleep too long at a stretch during the day helps the night sleep, but Baby M only takes 1 hour or so naps right now so when he gets in the occasional 2-3 hour stretch during the day we don't wake him!

33. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

34. FarmWifeGina

pear / 1571 posts

@Mrs. Pink: Luuuuurve my doTERRA oils! Are you using the On Guard?

35. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

@FarmWifeGina: yeah that was one of them- along with Lavender, Lemon and then Breathe to help with her congestion. I wasn't to keen on the price but if these work I'll probably buy them for sure!

36. Mrs. Pink

GOLD / kiwi / 605 posts

side topic- is anyone else's LOs gaining weight or growning in what seems like freakishly fast time? it hasn't even been 7 weeks since she was my little 6lb 8oz bean and now she's 9lbs 8oz...

My nephew who was born at the end of July weighs 16 lbs 7 oz

She's eating 3oz bottles right now every 2 hours, sometimes longer streaks at night and sometimes less if she starts demanding food-- and sometimes she eats a bit less or an ounce more depending on how long it's been since her last feeding-- so not much has changed there, but man, it's crazy to watch how fast she grows!

37. mrs.shinerbock

pomegranate / 3779 posts

@ mrs. pink - yes! Our LO was 8-12 8 weeks ago and I think she's 14 pounds now! It's crazy. We have her 2 mo appt next Monday, so I can't wait to see exactly how much she weighs.

38. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

Happy New Year Nov. 2013 babies!

I've been dairy, soy, egg and peanut free since last Friday and while I haven't seen visible blood since (we have a stool check in another week so I'm not sure if there is still occult blood yet) she actually seems worse! I ate a lot of barley this week and we feel there is a direct relationship between that and how gasses/uncomfortable/colic-like she is...so, 2014 is bringing on a new TED (total elimination diet) for me instead of screwing around with this guessing game. Now to pick the few (3-4) foods to eat while we sort this out!

@Mrs. Pink: Yup. They grow so fast! LO went from 7 lb 3 oz to 10 lb in 1 mo.

39. mrsmacandcheese

blogger / clementine / 985 posts

Hey everyone! I feel bad popping in and out randomly but we're still all over the map here -- Mr. D was sick for a week and at home, and then had from Christmas Eve till tomorrow off, so I've been relishing family time and having a second set of hands rather than focusing on M's routine. She's been wanting to nurse every hour lately and our latch is kinda crappy so lots of time has been spent on trying to sort out nursing which sucks because it was going so well up until this week!

Apparently we're at the start of Wonder Week 2 (because she was so overdue, even though she's only six-ish weeks old). The last one really seemed to coincide with a fussy period for her so I'm hoping the nursing insanity is part of the WW and she'll space things out a bit once it's over.

I hope everyone had an awesome holiday! Sucks to be back to real life starting tomorrow, haha.

40. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

Is anyone (everyone?) giving vitamin D drops to your babies? Our ped told us about them at the first appointment, but I haven't gotten them yet. We have our 2 month appointment this morning and I know they are going to ask if I have gotten them. I kinda don't feel like they are necessary if we are getting enough sunlight and I would prefer that she got her vit D from the sun instead. My SIL has a 4 month old and her ped told her they weren't necessary.

Just wondering if I am the only one not giving them....

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee