Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2014 Mama's!!

1. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@MrsScottish: Believe it or not, I'm "jealous" of your early symptoms. So far I don't really have any beyond peeing more than usual.

Thanks for starting the November 2014 Mamas board. I'm hoping all works out and we all get to stay here until our babies are born in November!

2. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@hardtoconcentrate: Nice to meet you! Glad you had a good appointment today. I bet it's so amazing to see your healthy baby growing already. Congratulations on getting your healthy babe- 19 cycles? You're amazingly patient. I'm so impressed!

3. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@tororojo: Nice to meet you! Congratulations on baby #2! Looking forward to getting to know you:-).

4. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@DeannaY1230: Those were some amazingly dark lines on your FRER! Awesome! We're due date twins as of right now. I'm wondering if at the first ultrasound (FX FX FX it's a sticky baby!!!) my doc will update that? Can't wait to get to know you-so good to see you here after meeting on the Newbie TTC board!

5. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Mrs.Panda: I totally feel you on worry over the lack of symptoms. I had a positive blood test and (*cough* many many *cough*) positive FRERS, but I'm still feeling more like someone is punk'ing me and I'm not actually PG. I know that nausea/vomiting will suck, but it will at least assure me that something is happening. Even sore boobs would do! The only other small symptoms I've had are a sore lower back (typical pre-AF for me which is what's so worrying) and frequent peeing. That's it!

6. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@MarieJ: Nice to meet you! Congratulations on baby #2!!

7. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Lolo: Fun! FX that all three of us have healthy 11/11 bebes!

8. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

Question for any that want to answer: How did it go when you told your husband/partner?

I was actually a little nervous about this. We very thankfully haven't been trying all that long, and it took him a LONG time to decide we should start TTC (like, 7 months from when I told him I wanted to start trying). I handed him a box from Amazon (I used an old box I had and opened it from the bottom so the top was still sealed!), and put two onesies in it from our undergrad and graduate schools. It was a Sunday, and he said "hm, weird that Amazon delivered this on Sunday. What is it?" He opened it, pulled out the first onesie, and said "Oh, I think this is for you...." and then he looked up at me confused. I then pulled the pee stick with the word "pregnant" on it, and in that same moment he broke out into a gasp/smile and hugged me hard for like two minutes. He then said, "Wow, that was fast!"

For the rest of the day he kept asking questions about how I planned this, how long I'd known, etc. He's been super sweet ever since. We're both pretty much in disbelief-I think the first doctor's appointment will come as a relief so it can start to sink in for real. We won't be telling our families until after that, so I have a feeling this month is going to crawl by as I wait for 3/28!!

9. Lolo

cherry / 128 posts

@hardtoconcentrate I am so sorry that you had to go through this. You must have been terrified & at a time when you are hormonal & emotional I am not surprised you were so upset. I am so glad that everything is well & that your are feeling reassured. Take care of yourself, at such a stressful time lots of relaxation & self love is needed.

@thisisme welcome! It is so nice that November mama's is growing, keep us up to date & congratulations!!

@mrsscottish I love it!

Ps. I have not got my first appointment date yet as the system out here in the Middle East is a little different to what I know in the UK. I am currently looking at different hospital options, I want my husband to be at the birth which is not an option at some hospitals here. Also some hospitals advocate cesarean section rather than natural birth which I also do not want unless necessary. Finally, I don't even have a doctor here yet as I only moved here 7 months ago (today!) & have not been sick. So I'm having a bit of drama deciding on what doctor/hospital/birth plan to use which is a little daunting. I'll keep you all up to date.

Love & luck,

L x

10. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: I had this whole plan where I was going to wrap up a onesie b film or undergrad school where we meet and give it to him on our Valentine's Day dinner (the day after Valentine's Day). Well I POAS on Wednesday and immediately jumped on the bed to wake him and show him the faintest line ever. He was really disoriented and couldn't see it (he was asleep after all) so he denied seeing the line. I left for school in a huff. That night I peed on everything just to prove to him I want crazy and then he finally believed me! He was very happy then.

11. DeannaY1230

olive / 64 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: That is so cute! I love the way you told him!

DH and I weren't really trying...at all. I got off the Nuva ring, and wanted about 3 months off BC before we really began to try. Lo and behold I had a little spotting VERY early. I told DH about this concern, and I did some research and to find that I could be pregnant. About 2 days later (last Tuesday) I tested with a wondfo stick, it was a VERY faint positive. Wednesday morning (1 week ago today) I woke up and tested with FRER and there they were two definite lines. I woke up DH and showed him (@Mrs.Panda he was also asleep and disoriented). He was so happy and shocked! Now we've just been waiting and hoping all goes well!

12. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@chicalgobee I did something similar - my husband was out of town the day I tested, so I waited until he got home to tell him - I bought a onesie from Baby Gap that said "best present ever" (on xmas clearance, got a 0-3mos one so it'll fit) on it, stuck it in a flat rate envelope, put 03 November Ln. as the return address, and left it for my husband in a pile of mail. He looked at it, then at me, and then was like, "is this an announcement?" and then proceeded to sit and look totally stunned for about 20 minutes while saying, "that was fast." I think if we hadn't conceived on the first cycle, he would have been more immediately excited rather than completely and totally shocked. We're both now cautiously optimistic and sort of excited, but mostly trying not to get our hopes up at least for a few more weeks.

@lolo I can't (well I can) believe they won't let him be in the delivery room with you! Is homebirth or some kind of birthing center an option?

13. DeannaY1230

olive / 64 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: That is adorable I think my DH was just as stunned it happened so fast

14. MarieJ

pear / 1579 posts

@ChiCalGoBee: Nice to meet you as well! Congrats I love the way you told DH! I told my hubby on Saturday night. I didn't do anything cute just blurted out "So, I'm pregnant!". He was shocked but excited.

@Mrs.Panda: LOL about peeing on everything So funny!

@DeannaY1230: Congrats!

@Ms.Mermaid: Love that!

15. Lolo

cherry / 128 posts

@Deannay1230 So I bit the bullet & booked my first appointment. Luckily we have great health cover & had a choice so the hospital that I have chosen will allow my husband to attend but does have a bit of a rep for pushing sections even when not medically necessary. I'll just need to have a good birth plan in place & stand my ground. Thinking about getting a Doula, does anyone have experience of this? Home births in Qatar are illegal & there are no birthing centres. Trying not to get up tight about it all at this stage. My first appointment is on April 1st when I will be exactly 8 weeks.

I also daydreamed about elaborate ways to tell my husband that we were expecting but I was way too excited when I seen the result & woke him up by bouncing on the bed & saying wake up wake up you are going to be a daddy. Not a very romantic story I'm afraid!

L x

16. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@lolo I think a doula is really helpful for situations like yours where a hospital has a high c-section rate and you have a birth plan, because they can help you navigate the tough questions and stand up to the doctors when they first start suggesting a section. Is there going to be a language barrier with any of the staff at the hospital? If you don't speak fluent Arabic, a doula who is bilingual could be really helpful because even if the doctors are bilingual, the nurses or orderlies might not be.

I feel pretty confident that a doula would be helpful to me, but I think my husband will think it's an unnecessary expense or another person in the delivery room, although we've never discussed it and I don't think he knows what a doula is. So we'll have that conversation eventually.

17. hardtoconcentrate

coffee bean / 26 posts

@MarieJ: Congrats!!

@ChiCalGoBee: Thank you! And I'm far from patient but unfortunately I really had no other option. The story of you telling your husband was precious. Mine was similar - I wrapped up a bib that says "Little Dolphins Fan" from his favorite sports team. As soon as he opened it, he knew and I pulled out the test with the word "Pregnant" on it from my pocked to show him. It was awesome.

@Lolo: Thank you. OMG, I do not envy you trying to navigate prenatal care and childbirth in another country, especially one with such different cultural norms than what you're used to. I cannot believe dads can't be in the room. Woah. I hope the process is a smooth one.

18. Lolo

cherry / 128 posts

@ms.mermaid thanks for your comment. I will do a little more research & I'll keep you up to date with my findings. I won't know if there may be any language barriers until my first appointment. Although everyone I have come across here so far speaks English something's can end up lost in translation which is not ideal in a highly stressful situation like childbirth. I probably should mention that I do really like my life here & it is not at all scary or stressful I'm just finding it so under these current circumstances!

@hardtoconcentrate thank you. Keep us up to date with your progress!

L x

19. MarieJ

pear / 1579 posts

So funny- I normally will not drink milk alone, but lately, I've been drinking big glasses of milk.

I also wake up starving & thirsty!

20. hardtoconcentrate

coffee bean / 26 posts

@MarieJ: I've been drinking milk too! We never even bought milk for years and now I'm drinking it by the gallon. So strange.

21. MarieJ

pear / 1579 posts

@hardtoconcentrate: Glad I'm not the only one It is strange!

22. ShayNanigans

cherry / 245 posts

Hi, everyone! I am very happy to be here.

We went through 17 cycles, including four IUIs and a miscarriage, so moving myself into a pregnancy thread is pretty exciting to me. I just went through my first IVF cycle, which worked! I got my first positive at 4dp5dt (aka 9dpo) with a dark BFP today at 6dp5dt (11dpo) so I am on high alert for twins. Beta's on Monday - hopefully I get to stick around!

EDD: November 16th
    When did you find out? Two days ago
    Child Number: 1
    Where do you live? Chicago
    What kind of provider will you see? OB/GYN
    When is your first appointment? Beta's on Monday 3/10
    What kind of birth do you want? no idea!
    What are you most excited for? everything
    What are you most scared for? I have decided to not be scared. I have wasted a lot of time feeling crappy while going through infertility, so.... no fear! Cautiously optimistic.
    Symptoms so far: crampytimes

23. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

@ShayNanigans: I just wanted to say congratulations, I'm actually an October due date but like to pop in and remind myself what it was like a couple of weeks ago
    Always love to see someone who has suffered with infertility get their happy ending, so congrats and happy healthy 9 months!

24. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

@ShayNanigans: congrats and welcome !!

I am sitting at work trying to distract myself as my students silent read. Half my class is at a choir festival so I am just doing filler stuff.

I am so nauseous right now!! I have drank almost a litre of water since lunch- which was only an hour ago!! I am sucking on a mint right now which seems to be helping.

I am still taking it day by day. I am enjoying being excited band learning at what point my body is at but there are no guarantees. By the end of the day I am bloated and exhausted and cranky. Last night I laid on the couch with my feet up while I was supposed to be shovelling the fresh 8 cm of snow. 5-10 cm more today for me to clean up. Dh has been great though. What choice does he have! I said I would help with little bit of light snow but I can't help with the thick heavy snow we have today. Darn!! I am wearing a tunic dress today and when I was leaving I asked him like 5 times " do I look fat?? Do I look pregnant?" I already had everyone asking me before if I was pregnant etc I really don't want it now!! I do not have a poker face!!

25. MarieJ

pear / 1579 posts

@ShayNanigans: Congratulations & welcome! Wishing you a happy & healthy 9 months

@MrsScottish: Nausea is no fun! I hope it passes soon.

26. hardtoconcentrate

coffee bean / 26 posts

@ShayNanigans: Welcome and congratulations! I was TTC for 19 long cycles so I can relate. So glad to hear that IVF #1 did the trick for you and you've crossed over to the other side.

27. MarieJ

pear / 1579 posts

I had my second beta blood draw this morning. I won't know the numbers for today until Monday, but I did get Wednesday's numbers. My Beta HCG was 972.5 & progesterone was 27.5 which is great for 4w 5d! Just have to make sure that they are doubling so I'm anxiously awaiting Monday so I can find out today's numbers!

It also puts me at ease because I had a MC before DD #1 due to low progesterone and, in order to have a successful pregnancy with DD, I was put on Progesterone suppositories. So, it's good to know that my progesterone is high enough on its own this time!

28. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Lolo I wasn't implying that you didn't like your life or there was anything wrong! I spent a lot of time in Egypt growing up, and some of our best friends are from there, so I know that even though they are fluent in English, they communicate amongst themselves in Arabic a lot because it's faster, so I can imagine that you might end up in a situation where all of the nurses are talking to each other and you don't know what they are saying, which is why I asked. I'm actually excited to hear more about your situation - did you move for work purposes? Are you there permanently or just for a short time period?

@ShayNanigans Welcome!!! I love your fearlessness. I am so terrified of something bad happening that I am having a hard time getting excited.

29. Sprite

kiwi / 693 posts

Another frequenter of the IF and 6+ months TTC boards nervously poking her head in. I am waiting on betas on Monday, but finally got confirmation on a digital this morning after 3 days of +FRERs.

I've been following along on this board silently for the past week, in hopes I'd get to join you ladies. I really hope I get to stick around and get to know you all better!

EDD: November 16th (twinsies with @ShayNanigans)
    When did you find out? on Wednesday at 10DPO
    Child Number: 1
    Where do you live? North Carolina
    What kind of provider will you see? OB
    When is your first appointment? first beta at RE's on Monday
    What kind of birth do you want? the least physically and mentally traumatic birth possible, for both mama and baby
    What are you most excited for? hitting all the big pregnancy milestones, nursery planning, holding baby for the first time
    What are you most scared for? pretty much everything, kind of a basket of nerves at this point
    Symptoms so far: well, I was on fertility meds, so have had cramps pretty much the entire past month. But the day before I got my BFP I was insanely thirsty, and have had sore breasts and headaches the past few days. It's hard to distinguish what is a pregnancy symptom and what is from the progesterone supps though.
    Post a picture!

30. MarieJ

pear / 1579 posts

@Sprite: Congratulations! Can't wait to get to know you & everyone else. I have crazy headaches too, and I also did with DD#1, so I'm chalking those up to pregnancy symptom

31. DeannaY1230

olive / 64 posts

@Sprite: Congratulations! I'm excited to get to know you and to be on this journey you you all!

@mariej: I'm so sorry about the headaches! I am VERY prone to migraines. Luckily I haven't had one yet, but I have had a little bit of a headache here and there. Other than that, just VERY sore boobs, and peeing more frequently!

32. MarieJ

pear / 1579 posts

@DeannaY1230: Ohmagah, tell me about the sore boobs. I'm still nursing my DD and it hurts like heck!

33. ShayNanigans

cherry / 245 posts

@Sprite: Hooray!!!

34. MrsScottish

clementine / 838 posts

@Sprite: welcome!!

35. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Sprite: CONGRATS!!! SO thrilled for you. Looking like it's moving in a positive direction!

@Shaynanigans: I'm also pretty recent to this thread, and hope we both get to stick around! Congratulations!

36. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@ShayNanigans: Also! I grew up in the Chicago area so I'm excited to see a Chicagoan on here:-D.

37. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@MarieJ: SO glad your numbers are good! I'm so pissed that my stupid doc did a blood draw on Monday and only made it qualitative, not quantitative. I've taken to using the "Weeks estimator" HPTs which say I should be 2-3 weeks post ovulation, which I am. Hoping they're right!

I also have had headaches all week, and I typically don't get hedaches. My boobs still aren't hurting, so I'm "hoping" for that soon as a good sign. Ha.

38. ChiCalGoBee

nectarine / 2028 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: My husband is excited, but he admitted last night he's also "extremely terrified." I am too, hubby! My terror is more related to making sure we have a healthy baby who is born in November and physically 100%. His terror is, oh, the next 18 years;-). I know we'll figure it out, though.

39. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

Let me know if anyone is going to be Team Green so I can change your color on the calendar. Also, if your EDD has changed I will modify that as well.

40. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

We are team green! (It's my favorite color anyway!) thanks for making the calendar.

@sprite welcome & congrats!!! I am also extremely thirsty all the time.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee