Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2015 Postpartum Chat

1. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@peaches1038: We sit like that all the time! He is adorable.

2. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@wrkbrk: it's definitely our favorite way to hang out

3. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@wrkbrk: @peaches1038: Adorable!!

Here's Claire at 8 weeks.. Also rocking 3-6 month clothes, she's so sooooo long!

4. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@Miss Sarah: her hair!!! So so sweet!

5. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Miss Sarah: omg her hair! Love it!! C is long too - 23 inches I think? His feet are too long for most of the footie sleepers!

6. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@wrkbrk: @Miss Sarah: we just had DSs 2 month visit and he was 15 pounds and 25 inches! He is ginormous! These babies are all doing so well

7. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@ZacharysMommy: Welcome to the group!!

8. AggieDaze

apricot / 448 posts

Our November babies are all so cute! Love the pics @wrkbrk @peaches1038 @miss Sarah

Are any of the other 8 week babies more fussy at night? Mine is - I swear I have to pull out all the stops to calm him in the evenings (butt pats, jiggling, shushing, swaddleup, etc).

On the positive side, I've noticed LO gets sleepy around 60-75 minutes after waking up during the day so I've been putting him down in his crib. His naps range from 20 minutes to nearly 2 hours and There doesn't seem to be a method to the madness.

9. ZacharysMommy

pea / 13 posts

@AggieDaze: definitely no method to the madness. I can rarely even get him down for naps. He will sleep on me sometimes, or sleep after nursing lying in bed but he usually fights sleep if I try to put him down. I swaddle, use white noise, shh, pat, bounce. Sometimes I get lucky but the naps don't last long. I feel very disorganized!

@Miss Sarah: how cute!

10. ZacharysMommy

pea / 13 posts

@peaches1038: @wrkbrk: very cute ladies

11. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@AggieDaze: mine has been fussy around the clock for the last 2 days ughhh. but yes, nighttime has been hard, overtired sooky baby who won't just go to sleep!!

I saw our paediatrican yesterday about her bloody mucous poop, and he thinks that its likely a result of the rotavirus vax, but isn't going to rule out mspi just yet - he said its unlikely as she has had formula since birth with no reaction, but there is still a *chance* it could be. I have to eat a normal diet for 2 weeks, and call him again if there is no improvement.

12. AggieDaze

apricot / 448 posts

@FannyMae: mine was super fussy this evening and did this tired pitiful cry so I swaddled him, patted his back and put him in his crib with white noise on and the lights out and he ended up falling asleep by himself?

I don't know if he's trying to tell me he wants to go to bed at 8 pm? Or if this is a nap?! I'm tempted to start putting him to bed earlier but I'm also terrified that's going to mean more wake ups for me over night.

13. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@AggieDaze: Same issue. The last few nights he's been falling asleep about an hour before we've been doing our nighttime routine. Seems dumb to wake him up just to put him to bed but I'm scared if he "officially" goes down at 830 there is no way he will sleep til morning!!

14. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

@AggieDaze: mine tends to fall asleep for bedtime at around 830-9, but it could go til 10 even if she has had an early evening nap. usually for us the 9pm sleep time equals a wake up at 230 -3 am and then another at about 6. how many times does he usually wake during the night?

15. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

Here's DD2 napping in her swing (it's blurry because it's moving haha). She is 10.5 weeks.

16. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Finfan: soooo sweet I have many similar swing movement pics

17. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@AggieDaze: @wrkbrk: @FannyMae: same with us. Sometimes he realllllllly wants to go down by 8:30 and if he does, he almost always wakes up around 3 to nurse. If we push it to 9:30, he usually sleeps til 5:30.

@Finfan: cute!!!!

18. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

Well, the baby hit a growth spurt and has been eating miler crazy all weekend. She grew out of 3 month clothes as well. Like basically during lunch yesterday! I swear her PJs fit fine when I changed her before we went out and then DH changed her when we got back and could barely get her feet back in. Oops.

I packed them up last night and it was so sad! We are probably done having babies but should I keep them for if we go for a third? I would also like to foster in the future so I don't know what to do! We have an amazing kids' resale shop in town so I am thinking of selling them there and using store credit to stock up on bigger sizes for her and her big sister.

But if we do go for a third, I've taken side by side pictures of her and DD1 wearing the same outfits at the same ages and that has been really fun and I would be sad to miss out on those pictures. The outfits so far have been gender neutral so I could just keep those for a someday maybe baby and have it work for a boy as well?

Sorry for such a long post LOL.

19. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@Finfan: My little peanut grew out of 3 month clothes overnight as well... Like a week ago! She is 2 months old today. I have some hand me down 3-6 month cotton sleepers that have probably shrunk, but she's pretty much too big for them, too! Her appointment is Tuesday, I'll get her official stats then. I bet she's definitely still 95th percentile for length! I'm not sure what you should do with the clothes... Tempting to use the credit to get new clothes for your DDs. Maybe there are just a couple of your favorite outfits you could hold on to for just a little longer?

Does anyone else's LO have hiccups multiple times a day, often to the point that they are painful for LO? Maybe it's just Claire's reflux, but she gets hiccups A LOT and they lead to really painful sounding hiccups and she gets really fussy. Poor baby...

20. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

In response to the sleeping/nighttime fussing issue...YESSSS! I swear, once Claire hit 8 weeks, she started getting super fussy and inconsolable around 7pm. I mean SCREAMING! And for no apparent reason! I think we're going to try putting her down at 6:30 tonight to see if we can beat the fussy period. Hopefully, our feeding schedule would stay the same. Eat at 9:30 sleep a long stretch, eat at 2:30ish, sleep, give her meds at 5:45, eat at 6:30. Wishful thinking I'm sure...

21. AggieDaze

apricot / 448 posts

I think my little guy has come down with a cold so all of our sleep and schedule stuff is on hold for now. After falling asleep for naps in his crib all week, he would only be held to sleep all day yesterday. So we did that, and when he fussed, I picked him up and held him back to sleep etc. I also fed him like crazy yesterday...

Does this sound like a cold to you all? On Friday, he had more noticeable boogers than normal and then twice while eating he sputtered and then coughed (he always sputters cus I think I have too much milk but this cough was different). Friday night/Saturday morning and all day Saturday he woke up a tad more and seemed to do the same tiny dry cough (like seriously one cough) whenever he'd finish eating and/or I'd lay him flat in the crib or for a diaper change. Over night, he seemed kind of hoarse but fed pretty much on schedule (he goes to bed at 10 ish, tends to wake around 3, again at 6:30). I immediately thought cold, but all of those symptoms kind of sound like reflux too and he spits up constantly but is a happy spitter and seems to be gaining weight.

Here's the little guy:

22. AggieDaze

apricot / 448 posts

@Finfan: I think you should save your absolute favorite outfits and donate the rest. If you have a pile that you aren't sure what to do with them, you could write your name in them and lend to friends. That's what I did between LO1 and LO2, and plan to do as LO2 grows out of things. I'm not against 3, but also can't imagine how hectic it would be. My little guy is super close to growing out of 0-3 month; I've pretty much just been forcing it cus I love some of these little sleepers haha.

23. AggieDaze

apricot / 448 posts

@Miss Sarah: you'll have to keep us posted on how it goes! I've read suggestions to try pushing bedtime back 30 minutes at a time; and others to just pick an earlier time and go for it. When Rhett fell asleep at 8 earlier this week, he woke at 8:45 so I fed him and he ended up just falling back asleep in my arms until we were basically back on the schedule of me putting him down when I went to bed.

24. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@Finfan: I would for sure keep the outfits from the pics!! That sounds so adorable!

@Miss Sarah: also interested in the 6:30 bedtime. We did 8:30 last night and I think I might try for 8:15 tonight. Keep us updated!

@AggieDaze: so so sweet! It sounds like a little cold to me. Hank is a happy spitter too. Sometimes I can't believe how much comes out. Hope he gets better soon!

25. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

So that post about Mother's rings made me wonder...does anyone agree with me that the November birthstone is kind of ugly? I can't find any jewelry that I like with it. I can't decide if it looks better with white gold or yellow gold...or if it can look good at all, lol. Anyone have any luck with jewelry with our LOs birthstone?!

26. AggieDaze

apricot / 448 posts

@Miss Sarah: definitely agree! I can't find anything that I like that incorporates my two sons birthstones (May and November). And the November is the most difficult color of the two. Let me know if you find anything cute!

What about rose gold with November?

27. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@AggieDaze: @Miss Sarah: Yeah, I can't help but think the November birth stone is ugly. My other daughter's is pearl! Mine is diamond. I don't think I will be getting any jewelry LOL.

I was thinking of some day getting the girls' names tattooed on my wrist, maybe with or without their birthdays.

28. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

I'm not a fan of topaz either. I've been looking at birthstone rings and I like these two. I was thinking about stacking rings for DS, DH and me and then just keep adding if we have any more

https://www.etsy.com/listing/199870561/40-off-citrine-ring-november-birthstone

https://www.etsy.com/listing/211743842/citrine-ring-rose-cut-citrine-ring-14k

29. FannyMae

persimmon / 1461 posts

yah not a fan of the citrine, its pretty yuck. @AggieDaze: my kids are may and november too, green and yellow don't look so great together. I have a diamond and emeral ring in yellow gold for DD, but with this one I'm still torn. I kinda like this but ehhhh
    http://salera.com.au/collections/citrine/products/citrine-ring-yellow-gold-citrine-and-diamond-ring-754189

I did end up getting a pandora bangle and our birthstone charms on it which is nice and simple.

30. clover

kiwi / 557 posts

In total agreement about November's birth stone. My son's is diamond so at least there are not contrasting colors but I just don't like it. Instead of birth stone jewelry I was thinking of doing an infinity or heart necklace with their names.

31. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

i like the yellow/orange! haha. more than the surrounding months anyway. i got stud earrings in white gold.

32. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@peaches1038: love the second one! i actually would have chosen rose gold for the earrings but my mom had them made as a surprise!

33. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@AggieDaze: adorable little man!

34. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Finfan: yes! do it! I'm getting a "23" (his bday) on my wrist before i return to work in a month. can't wait!!!

35. peaches1038

nectarine / 2047 posts

@wrkbrk: those are beautiful! What a nice surprise!!

36. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@peaches1038: thank you! i know - i was totally surprised! didn't take them out the whole hospital stay

37. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@wrkbrk: Ooh post a picture when you do! I told DH I was thinking of this idea right after the baby was born and he was shocked. I don't even have pierced ears! (I did but let them close up as a teenager because I was always losing earrings taking them off sports).

My field is a little conservative about tattooes so that is something for me to think about too as I hope to move in my organization through my career. I doubt anyone would find a simple, small tattoo of my children's names objectionable though.

I'm going to look for some examples!

38. Miss Sarah

persimmon / 1259 posts

@wrkbrk: That tattoo sounds cute! I like the simplicity of it! Also, your earrings are pretty!

@Finfan: I am getting a tattoo for Claire! I've had it planned for awhile and it will be pretty big, so I'm waiting until the summer when I'm not working and can let it heal.

@peaches1038: I definitely don't mind the rose gold...I also hadn't thought to check Etsy. Heading there now!

@clover: Jewelry with LOs names instead of birthstones is pretty genius.

39. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

@Miss Sarah: do you have an inspiration pic? Where are you getting yours?

40. wrkbrk

pomelo / 5084 posts

@Miss Sarah: Thanks! Ooo - what tattoo are you getting??

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee