Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2016 moms!

1. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@kes18: I measured behind for one appointment. Baby was just hiding pretty good in there. It was fine at my next appointment. Hope baby was just positioned oddly.

AFM: apparently four years ago today was my baby shower for N. The comparison between his pregnancy and this one is crazy.

2. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@MrsRcCar: Looking good, mama! Totally different belly shape, it's crazy! This makes me want to pull pics of my previous pregnancies as well - will have to do it this weekend. I feel like I'm carrying SO DIFFERENTLY (a lot smaller this time, and in different places), and yet....I'm sooo much more uncomfortable.

3. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@kes18: Sorry to hear you've had some extra stress! My fundal height is also very behind (2-3 wks), and has been most of the pregnancy. No one is terribly surprised since I've been having growth scans (baby measuring in the 3rd percentile) all along, and my fundal height is more in line with this. However, about a week ago I had a growth scan that showed the baby may have jumped as high as the 30th percentile (which would be awesome, but I'm skeptical....) --- anyway, point is, my fundal height is still on point with the smaller measurements, not the new larger ones. I've been feeling like I'm carrying super low, and baby is wedged waaaayyy down in my pelvis...and I think that the further along we get in pregnancy, the more likely it is that our bubs are just settling in, hunkering down, and getting ready for arrival.

All that said, I think it's good that they're checking into your situation - always better to have more info - and hopefully it's just the baby's position/your awesome abs , and no further monitoring is needed.

4. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@kes18: I have no experience as my fundal height was normal but the baby was measuring small. Hope you get good measurements in your next checkup!

5. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@MrsRcCar: that's great seeing the comparison shot! Your pregnancies look very different! So happy in both though!
    @kes18: sorry your fundal height is causing a worry. There is definitely a margin of error in those messurements. Have you had any more scans? I'm sure everything is just fine.

Braxton Hicks started this week for me. They are almost constant in the evening, especially if we go for a walk. They aren't painful or anything so I'm not worried.

Are you working ladies trying to keep working until the end? I commute 2-3 hours a day and it's starting to wear me down. I am trying to make it to 38 weeks (3 more weeks for me) but I am not sure if I have it in me!

6. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@delight: I think you are supposed to be wary of too many Braxton hicks, even if they aren't painful. Try to take it easy

@MrsRcCar: the comparison is crazy, I love comparison shots

7. kes18

apricot / 485 posts

@PinkElephant: Thanks! Weirdly enough, I don't think she's measured my fundal height until this appointment. So I'm not sure if it was smaller before this. But since I had a scan at 26 weeks and my measurements were great (75% for head and 50% for stomach/leg) it seems odd to have measured so small
    @delight: I had a scan at 26 weeks (it was to check on the heart which they couldn't get a good picture of at my anatomy scan) and my measurements were all normal (50-75%) so that's why she said she wasn't concerned yet. My fundal height check was done at 30 weeks where she said it measured 26 weeks. It's weird, I feel like I look even bigger now than my first pregnancy. Unfortunately, I don't think she measured my fundal height before this. It would have been nice to know if it was behind the whole time, at least then I'd assume it was just the way I was carrying (since my scan was good). My appointment isn't until next Thursday so just waiting. I'm not really too concerned right now, but it will be nice to confirm next week.

I am also probably working until the very end. My commute is only ~20min or so each way so not bad. And I have a desk job. I'd love not to come back after Thanksgiving (due 11/23) though! My first I was induced at 41 weeks so I'm mentally preparing myself for a December baby lol. I can understand being miserable with that commute for sure!

8. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@delight: I worked from home during the last month of my first pregnancy -- had a 3 hour a day commute. I took a week off before due date and baby was a week late so it worked out well. This time I only have a 20 minute commute so I'm planning to work up until 39 weeks -- due date is weekend of Thanksgiving so the office is closed two days that week anyways so I just figured I'd take that whole week off. I'm in CA so I could take off as early as 36 weeks, but I want to keep working past that. If you aren't feeling up for it, don't push yourself! I hope you can work from home or take some time off before baby comes to get some rest

@kes18: I'm due 11/27 and not planning on coming back after Thanksgiving break! Baby #1 was also a week late so I may get a full 2 weeks off before Baby #2 arrives! They'd let me go as far as 41w4d, which would put me at 2 1/2 weeks but I'm scheduling a c-section for 41w1d because I'm already thinking I won't want to go that long...

9. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

Ordered my breast pump through insurance and I was super pumped (pun intended) to find out they now provide a Spectra S2! Last time I was only provided a Medela PISA, which was a good pump but I've heard really good things about the Spectra, so I'm excited to have the opportunity to use that one too. Also looking forward to having 2 pumps so I can keep one at the office and not have to haul it back and forth every day! Small wins! Woot woot!

10. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

We got our maternity photos done this weekend! We have used the same photographer for nearly 4 years. She is wonderful.

11. kes18

apricot / 485 posts

@NorCalWayfarer: I wouldn't mind having a week off to relax and get everything cleaned and organized! I'm using most of my own leave though (12 weeks) unfortunately so I'm stuck with that common problem of wanting it all to be with the baby instead. Sick of crappy maternity leave!

Oh, and last time I was stuck with an ameda from insurance. I hated it so I bought a medela out of pocket, which was much better. This time I have different insurance so I had options! I also got the Spectra. I was surprised how quickly they got it to me- ordered on a Wednesday and it was delivered Saturday!

@MrsRcCar: they look great!

12. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@MrsRcCar: so cute!
    @NorCalWayfarer: I'm hoping to get a spectra too! I already have two medelas, so I'm wanting to switch it up

13. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

Ladies!!! This week is my last shot. No more shots after this. That means baby O could come sooner then I planned on. ::cue panic here:: My DH is like well it is fine, everything will be just fine.

14. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@NorCalWayfarer: unfortunately working from home isn't an option. I am an independent contractor (a speech pathologist) and only make money when I see clients. However, I am going to start slowing down and just work a few days a week for the next few weeks and I'll stop work completely at 38 weeks. The driving is really starting to bother me so I'll keep working at my closer schools but stop going to the ones that are 1.5 hours away!

@MrsRcCar: awesome photos! And I hope that baby stays put a little while longer even though you're done all your shots!

My baby won't stop moving at night. It's insane. I tried to bounce it to sleep last night on my yoga ball but it just woke it up more. I'm not getting much sleep these days. I noticed on my What to Expect app that I'm down to 4 weeks and 6 days left. Holy crow that seems so close. Eeeeeeek!

Hope you're all feeling well!

15. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@MrsRcCar: so crazy! My shots stop at 35 weeks, so I have a couple more

16. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@delight: we shall see how long he bakes. We are in the best hands we can be here. So I just got have faith that everything will be fine.
    @LAZB: I am 35 weeks on Wednesday. I am nervous and scared about this delivery but I am sure it will fine.

17. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@MrsRcCar: what great pics!

everyone is getting close already!!

18. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@MrsRcCar: so cute!!!

@NorCalWayfarer: @kes18: @LAZB: interesting that you all chose the spectra! I had the Medela freestyle last time chose to stay with it bc I was happy with it and had the bottles to go with it again. It was mostly covered by insurance. My friends who had both said they didn't really have a strong preference. I kind of want to try something new but I just played it safe and got what worked fine for me last time

19. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

I don't know why HB keeps deleting all my replies - it took me like 3 tries a to reply to this thread and it finally worked!

Can't believe it's almost October and some of us are getting so close to meeting their babes!!!

I know some of you have already decorated your nurseries but I've been one of the procrastinators. We finally finished clearing out the nursery (all of DD1's clothes are gone, all the boy hand me downs and baby gear have been sorted through and we've kept what works for is and given away or donated the rest). I'm so excited to finally organize the room and put everything in its place! I don't go all out decorating but I did buy several prints and just ordered the crib bedding (gift from my parents). I decided to go with a space theme for baby boy's room which my daughter is so jealous of bc she loves space/the solar system so much. I may have to update her room soon too!

Here are some photos of what we're getting for baby boy's room

Grey bedding with star sheets
    Planet prints for above the crib
    Poster print of the solar system
    3 more prints for above the dresser/changing area

20. kes18

apricot / 485 posts

@sandy: Yeah, I've heard that some really prefer the spectra (over the medela) and less people preferred the medela over the spectra. Many people thought they were pretty much the same. No terrible reviews for either really. So I wanted to give it a try to see if it would work better for me! I still have my medela so I figured why not?

Those pictures are all very cute! I haven't done a single thing to the nursery yet. I am putting the crib in my room so I'm not in a huge rush, but I'd like to have it done by the time he is about 3-4 mo old.

21. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@sandy: That is all so cute!!!! I love it (and my daughter would be super jealous of a space room too!)

22. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@sandy: beautiful room! We aren't really putting together a nursery. O will be in our room for a while.

35 weeks today. I have been having contractions off and on for days. We did my group b test today. My last shot is Friday and then my doctor thinks little man will be here rapidly. I start weekly appointments starting next week. I am ordering another Medela pump. I have loved mine. Which reminds me I need to do that today.

23. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@sandy: Super cute! We've moved DS#1 to his big boy room but still need to figure out what, if any of his nursery decor is being switched over with him. Obviously crib, crib sheets, glider and dresser stay in the nursery. His theme was Adventure so we have some fun prints. I think the portraits of the dogs will move over to the big boy room with him because he loves the dogs so much We'll probably do some transportation stuff too since he's into that right now. Sort of a mishmash of stuff.

24. LatteLove

apricot / 441 posts

Hi mamas! I've been MIA for a couple months and was just thinking about you all and realizing how long it had been! In addition to my full time job I started grad school in August and, um, it's been challenging to balance! Combine that with a generally busy season at work and third trimester discomforts....I'm SO tired.

But wanted to pop in and say hello and update. I'm 32w3d and feeing pretty pregnant. It's been a very hot week in SoCal and I'm getting very out of breath and swollen.
    Both excited and terrified that I have 8 weeks to go. With all the stress and busyness I started having dreams I went into labor really early (also that I'm having twins!!), which is probably a good indicator to slow down. So I'm currently sitting with my feet up instead of cleaning or prepping for my son's 2nd birthday party and my out of town parents' visit!

We aren't doing another nursery for this baby. He/she will be with us for 3-4 months then transition to brother's room (I hope)

Are any of you 2 or 3x mom's having sprinkles this time around? My friend wants to throw me one but I don't know what to put on my wishlist/registry!

@delight: I started feeling Braxton Hicks around 25 weeks, but they ramped up quite a bit the last week or so - 1-4 an hour at different times of the day.

25. kes18

apricot / 485 posts

I had my 32 week appointment yesterday and everything looked good. Glad I didn't get too nervous over my measuring small last time since it was normal yesterday. At my 30 week appointment I only measured 25 weeks but she wasn't concerned since my ultrasound at 26 weeks was normal (50-75%). So yesterday at 32 weeks it measured 31 weeks. I know I didn't grow THAT much in two weeks! She just said it can change due to how baby is positioned and also since I have a long torso that maybe my bump just won't stick out as much as someone else's so that can affect it. It's nice to know they're not that exact. With my first my measurements varied (1 week behind, on track, 2 weeks ahead) but never by more than the +/- 2 weeks. Nice to know that everything is okay (I was expecting it to be but good to have the confirmation).

26. teacherbee

cherry / 106 posts

I am trying to catch up on the last few weeks of posts, but hope everyone is doing well!

I'm 32 weeks and found out yesterday at my OB appointment that I passed my 3 hour glucose test with flying colours! I'm SO relieved.

27. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

@teacherbee: That's great news! One less thing to worry about.

How are everyone's babies these days?! Our little one is still lying transverse, which was stressing my wife out quite a lot, but we had an appointment today where we were reassured that she will probably turn on her own when she is ready. She is also measuring a few weeks behind "fundally" speaking, but this is most likely due to her positioning, as we were told she doesn't palpate small. However, we are being sent for an ultrasound in the next day or so to check things out and see if we need to book an ECV. Getting to see the wee one again is a nice little silver lining!

28. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@kes18: Just seeing this, but congrats on the good news!

I had a growth scan today and at almost 36 weeks, this little lady is still measuring very small. I'm going for growth scans every few days, and will be induced on October 15th as long as things continue to be okay until then. They're worried about a potential placental issue, and think that the second I hit 37 weeks, she's better off out than in.

29. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@CedarMagnolia: my baby is still going between transverse and breech, so I'm set for an ultrasound next week. My guy is measuring big, so I'm not confident that he will turn, and I'm 34.5 weeks. I don't want to do an ecv ahead of time, but my doctor said that she would give it a try after my water breaks if there is still enough fluid.

30. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@MrsRcCar: it will be interesting to see how much longer after your last shot he will cook! I have my last shot on Tuesday, and last time My water broke three days later

31. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@CedarMagnolia: Baby O is head down and I think ready. I received my last shot this past Friday. Contractions have been kicking up. I am 36 weeks today and I have an appointment tomorrow so only time will tell what's going on. We have everything ready for baby O's arrival tho. So now we just wait and see.

32. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@PinkElephant: oh my goodness, Oct 15th seems so soon!!!! Can't believe you are soon to meet your little girl! Hope she continues to grow well in the meantime!
    @MrsRcCar: glad you are all ready for Oliver to arrive. I keep hoping I make it until the end of the month because I don't stop work until the 17th and would like some time to relax.

36+3 for me and feeling wonderful this week. Just about to head out to my yoga class. I'll be sad when it's done, I've really enjoyed prenatal yoga. Next week I start weekly appointments but my OB doesn't do cervical checks until 38 weeks.

33. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

Wow!! It sounds like a lot of these November babies are going to turn out to be October babies! So I can start getting excited about seeing some birth announcements on this thread in the not-too-distant future?!

34. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

@MrsRcCar: Excited for your appointment tomorrow

35. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

Haven't posted this for awhile! Is anything missing? I ended up getting bumped into October, anyone else? I am thinking some of our babes will start popping out soon!!

November 2016 Mamas!

Delight - 10/30 {#2}
    CaterW - 11/1 {#2}
    RARA0614 - 11/2 {#1}
    MrsRcCar - 11/2 {#3}
    theknest- 11/2 {#3}
    Mrs. Marshmallow - 11/3 {#1}
    Delight - 11/3 {#2}
    Deserttransplant - 11/5 {#1}
    PinkElephant - 11/5 {#3}
    Daniellealys - 11/6 {#2}
    Tasha - 11/12 {#1}
    LAZB - 11/13 {#3}
    Dragonsword - 11/19 {#2}
    CedarMagnolia - 11/20 {#1}
    Goldengirl - 11/20 {#1}
    Lattelove - 11/21 {#2}
    Kes18 - 11/23 {#2}
    Teacherbee - 11/25 {#1}
    Mrs. Grizzly Bear - 11/26 {#3}
    Littlebear16 - 11/27 {#2}
    Norcalwayfarer - 11/27 {#2}
    Plainpistachio- 11/28 {#1}
    Sandy - 11/28 {#3}
    M4mi - 11/28 {#2}
    milag64 - 11/28 {#1}
    Mrs. Confetti - 11/29 {#3}

36. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@sandy: by the way I love your nursery theme and those prints!! I'm still trying to figure out what I want to do for ours. We haven't even started, although we did clear the room out.

37. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@delight: I am pretty nervous about O's arrival but excited to meet this little one.
    @CedarMagnolia: I am nervous and excited for my appointment. I am trying not to get my hopes up about progress tho. I guess we shall see. We all think he is going to come this weekend, but he could prove us wrong.

38. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@delight: exciting! Why did you get bumped up? I haven't technically been bumped up, but my doctor and I are pretty certain I'll be having an October baby. I just hope it's the later half of the month, I want to keep this baby cooking for as long as possible

39. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@LAZB: When I switched from my family doctor to the OB she just set my EDD to my ultrasound result at 12 weeks. My family doctor was just going by LMP. I got bumped awhile ago but didn't bother changing it. It's quite likely I'll still be November regardless. I'm sure there will be a few October babies in our group though!!

40. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

Had my appointment this morning. Little O sounded great on the Doppler. She did check me and I am more then 50% thinned out, 1cm dilated and he is fully engaged. So only time will tell what this little guy decides to do. She would prefer he comes after Wednesday because I will be 37 weeks then.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee