Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2016 moms!

1. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

@delight: Hi there, could you change our date to Nov 17 please?

2. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@LAZB: @mrsrccar: @delight: Exited to see I'll probably have some company with an October baby! I've said all along I think this baby is going to be born on October 7th or 17th, and people laughed at me (even though I was right when I guessed that DD1 might arrive 3 weeks early on my bday). The way it's looking now, I'll be induced after one of my monitoring appointments on the 7th, 11th, 14th, or exactly when I hit 37 weeks (the 15th). Best of luck to you all - excited to start seeing some updates!

3. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@PinkElephant: wouldn't it be interesting if you were exactly right twice? Talk about mother's intuition! I was really feeling like this baby is going to come on the 15th, but now I fluctuate between thinking he's coming next week and thinking he is staying in a little longer haha

4. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

November 2016 Mamas!

Delight - 10/30 {#2}
    CaterW - 11/1 {#2}
    RARA0614 - 11/2 {#1}
    MrsRcCar - 11/2 {#3}
    theknest- 11/2 {#3}
    Mrs. Marshmallow - 11/3 {#1}
    Delight - 11/3 {#2}
    Deserttransplant - 11/5 {#1}
    PinkElephant - 11/5 {#3}
    Daniellealys - 11/6 {#2}
    Tasha - 11/12 {#1}
    LAZB - 11/13 {#3}
    CedarMagnolia - 11/17 {#1}
    Dragonsword - 11/19 {#2}
    Goldengirl - 11/20 {#1}
    Lattelove - 11/21 {#2}
    Kes18 - 11/23 {#2}
    Teacherbee - 11/25 {#1}
    Mrs. Grizzly Bear - 11/26 {#3}
    Littlebear16 - 11/27 {#2}
    Norcalwayfarer - 11/27 {#2}
    Plainpistachio- 11/28 {#1}
    Sandy - 11/28 {#3}
    M4mi - 11/28 {#2}
    milag64 - 11/28 {#1}
    Mrs. Confetti - 11/29 {#3}

5. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@PinkElephant: @LAZB: oh I can't wait until we start seeing some announcements in here! I really want a Halloweem birthday. With my DD I ate a whole pineapple the day before going into labour so I know what I'll be doing on the 30th if babe hasn't arrived.

6. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@mrsrccar: @lazb: Any baby action this weekend?!

My Friday NST/scan showed everything normal, so baby gets to keep baking I've got tests/scans on Tuesday and Friday which will lead to induction if they show a slower heart rate, or lower fluid/blood flow, otherwise Oct 15th is the big day!

I just bought a bag of preemie clothes from a mom in my neighborhood and am getting excited (though just a teeny bit terrified) to meet my little peanut.

7. PinkElephant

grapefruit / 4584 posts

@delight: I think we talked about this before - Halloween is all yours! I have said all along I don't want a Halloween baby - I guess I don't like the thought of having to combine two super fun holidays (birthday and Halloween) ---- but on the flip side I can see why some people would have the opposite viewpoint and find it enticing!

8. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@PinkElephant: haha I totally understand your POV too. I just LOVE Halloween though. Love the decorations and costumes and all things "fall". Plus planning birthday parties would be so easy!

Made it to 37 weeks! My BH are starting to ramp up in intensity. Last night I was starting to get worried I was going into labour. I really want to go to my due date so I have a couple weeks off work to relax. One more week of work left for me. I still have so much to do but I did get out all the NB clothes, burp cloths and swaddled and wash it all. Can't believe we will all be meeting our babes soon!

9. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@PinkElephant: nothing yet but my hormone shots are completely out of my system now, so I guess only time will tell. My friend treated me to an amazing pedicure yesterday afternoon so I am feeling pretty ready now.

10. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@PinkElephant: not yet! I've been feeling really exhausted and having lots of BHs, but haven't started losing my mucus plug or had extreme swelling (which were signs with my first two), so hopefully another week at least! 35 weeks today :)@delight: yay for 37 weeks! I'd love to get that far!
    @MrsRcCar: every time you comment I think you are saying you're in labor!

11. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@LAZB: not yet, but we think soon enough. He has been busy giving me hell all week.

12. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@LAZB: I keep wondering when I'm going to lose my plug. My contractions are happening throughout the day. With my DD I bled from 35-40 weeks and I haven't had anything yet.

Just finally settled on a nursery idea. Here is our colour scheme. It'll be Aqua, yellow and grey. Here is our inspiration. We will do white walls with aqua stripes. My MIL is coming over this week to do all the painting, I'm happy to get this show on the road!

13. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@delight: crazy to know that the pineapple trick works!! I have a friend who swears by Medjool dates, so that is what I am going to start eating a lot of since I have a pineapple allergy. I have been having some crazy BHs and I just generally feel ready so I am thinking/ hoping for an October baby too. Since DD's birthday is October I thought it would be cute for them to share a birth month. I just don't want them to share an actual birthday (Oct 12) so everyone cross your fingers that #2 does not make an appearance on Wednesday!

14. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@delight: wow, that's a long time to bleed! With my first I just lost tiny pieces of my plug for a week, and with my second I lost a huge chunk of it and had my bloody show just a few days before she came, so I'm assuming it will happen again this time. Who knows though, maybe I'll just be surprised one day when labor starts.

15. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@delight: also, I LOVE that nursery!

16. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@caterw: I will cross my fingers that you aren't the 12th! Cross your fingers that I am not the 27th! My brother's FIL is an OB at my hospital and is on call that day. They work a rotating schedule. He is a wonderful doctor but we often have holiday dinners with them and I'd prefer to not have him see my nether regions! I haven't heard about those Medjool dates. So many different tricks eh? I've been drinking red raspberry tea a couple of times a day because I hear it can help with labour and make delivery a little easier.
    @LAZB: yes it was really weird how I bled so much with my daughter. They chalked it up to dilation and a friable cervix but it wasn't fun.

17. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@delight: loooooove the look of that nursery. I can't believe you're so close already!

18. theknest

apricot / 453 posts

Three weeks until my due date, tomorrow. Crazy how fast time flies! I figured we'd be seeing a birth announcement in the group by now - but glad to see baby's are staying put and not making too early of a debut! We are still team green - and have a very generic nursery but I really love it. Still a lot of work to do before baby comes - hopefully I have a lot of energy this week to get it done.

Can't wait to see all the baby announcements pop up on the thread - thinking of you all!

19. theknest

apricot / 453 posts

Oh and I feel like we still don't have a baby name figured out. Anyone else still struggling with this?

20. kes18

apricot / 485 posts

@delight: those nursery pics are adorable!
    @theknest: Yeah, I have some I like but nothing that I'm 100% on. UGH. I really need to get down to it, I hate the naming part.

I'm not due until 11/23 and my first was a week late (induced with no signs of labor). So I feel like I have such a long ways to go compared to some of you. I'm feeling this might be a 11/30 or 12/1 baby lol. I know it will go by fast, but I have plenty to do within the next 1.5 months to keep my occupied!

21. theknest

apricot / 453 posts

@kes18 - it will go by fast, each week seems to be flying by at warp speed!

22. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

I'm sooo excited, I just had my ultrasound and baby is head down! He is super long, his legs are measuring 4 weeks ahead and his arms 5 weeks ahead! My little monkey lol.
    They are estimating his weight at 7 lbs 4 oz right now, but I bet he's a little smaller just based off of my other two.
    35+3 today, so hoping he stays in another week or more, but analyzing little signs is already getting to me haha

23. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@kes18: I have found the last few weeks have flown. I can't believe this weekend I'll be at 38 weeks. Yikes!

@LAZB: ooooh so glad your little monkey is hanging out head down. 7 lbs is a good size right now! I think you or @mrsrccar: will be the first in our group.

Had my 37 week appointment yesterday. Doctor won't check me until next Tuesday. I'm measuring right on and heart beat was good but my BP was a bit elevated. Hopefully nothing to worry about. I'm feeling very tired today and had to skip out on work early. I have two more days of work left and then I'm calling it quits. My lengthy commute each day is wearing me out! Hope all you ladies are feeling great. We are all getting to the home stretch.

24. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

@LAZB: That's great that tall, handsome baby is head down! Our wee nugget seems to have got herself heading the right way now too
    @theknest: We were agonizing over names for a while, but in the last couple of weeks have settled on a shortlist of three names we feel really good about! We're really happy to have them decided, while leaving a bit of flexibility for when we meet her.
    @Delight: Well done on staying at work for so long! I don't know how you do it At least you're in the home stretch now, here's hoping you get some nice days of relaxation after work but before baby

25. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

....Did not realize how many smiley faces I was putting in that post. I think I'm over-excited!!!

26. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@theknest: No name chosen here either -- it took us until DS was a day old to settle on a name for him, so I don't plan on naming this guy until he's born either!

27. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

@kes18: Same here -- DS1 was born at 41 weeks after my water broke, but never had contractions. I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happened with DS2. I would be pretty surprised if we ended up with a November baby actually. We went ahead and scheduled a repeat c-section for him at 41w1d so we should have a baby by December 5th (if I don't go into labor naturally before then)!

28. NorCalWayfarer

nectarine / 2134 posts

33w3d and literally have done *nothing* to prepare for DS2! We've finally transitioned DS1 into his "big boy room" so now the nursery is vacant. Not really feeling the urge to nest or get anything ready yet, but I'm assuming it'll hit at some point in the next couple of weeks (or at least I hope so!). Although I did just order a 2017 planner, so that was fairly exciting

29. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@NorCalWayfarer: I only finally got things ready this past weekend, it's hard to get motivated this time around!
    @CedarMagnolia: I'm glad you're in the right position too, takes he pressure off for later
    @delight: I'm hoping she goes first since she's got a couple weeks on me, but it will be exciting when babies finally start popping up! Maybe I'll start a labor thread

30. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

Ok, started a labor watch/delivery thread!

31. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

Bare belly shot at 35 weeks 4 days.

32. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@MrsRcCar: I thought for sure you were updating to say you were in labor! Can't believe O is still hanging in there!

33. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@LAZB: I know right. I thought so too. Can't wait for him to arrive.

34. delight

pomelo / 5326 posts

@MrsRcCar: beautiful shot!

35. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

@MrsRcCar: what a sweet pic

36. dragonsword

cherry / 175 posts

Is anyone buying their LO a gift from their nb? I previously thought, "nah..." but now i might change my mind!

37. LAZB

pomegranate / 3904 posts

@dragonsword: we aren't necessarily having gifts from the baby, just because dd is too young to get that, but we are getting her a few new things so she will have distractions

38. CedarMagnolia

grape / 78 posts

@MrsRcCar: That is such an inspiring picture, it radiates strength. You must be very proud of yourself when you look at it!

39. MrsRcCar

grapefruit / 4712 posts

@delight: @dragonsword: Thanks.
    @CedarMagnolia: Babywearing makes me feel so empowered and closer to my kiddos.

40. caterw

persimmon / 1445 posts

@dragonsword: I got a gift for each girl to give each other. DD1 is getting a new sticker book, a Chapstick egg, and some coloring supplies. DD2 is getting a lambie stuffed animal. I thought it would be a nice way for them to meet.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee