Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

November 2019 Mamas!

1. Beebeeholiday

olive / 74 posts

@Ms. RV: November 4 is going to be here in no time! So excited for you!

How is everyone doing and feeling? What are you currently working on/focusing on/thinking about regarding baby and pregnancy?

I am thinking the next two months are going to FLY by. We have a big party on Saturday, and then on Sunday DH and I leave for a shortish trip to Mexico! When we come back, it will be full-swing fall/halloween mode with the kiddos, which is my FAVORITE time of year.

I am feeling pretty good, but man, my pelvis is SO SORE. I actually took a whole week off of the gym because I was feeling so achy and sluggish, but hoping to hop back into my routine today.

I can't believe due date is 8 weeks away! My #2 and #3 babies came at 38 and 37 weeks, but I am trying REALLY HARD not to plan on this one being early, because who knows. I could end up going post date this time!

2. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Beebeeholiday: It does feel like the time is going to fly! Especially knowing that baby might come early. Glad to hear you're feeling good. So much respect for your gym routine. I've been medically limited to walking and gentle yoga since 16 weeks, and there are some days when I wish I could go for a run and some days when I can't imagine doing more than taking the dog for a walk and taking a nap when I get home from work.

I'm in the same boat in terms of baby possibly coming early, based on my cervical length average delivery would be anywhere between 34 and 37 weeks, meaning I could have this baby in two weeks! Of course I could also go to 42 weeks just like any other FTM. I haven't been having a lot of BH and baby is still high so I don't think I'll go sooner, but you never know. I hope I at least make it until the first week of November. Really, we have the things we need and baby would almost definitely be fine at this point, but if we get to 36 weeks she's much less likely to need time in the NICU. Plus I'm not ready to be off work--there are multiple major projects that I need to complete before I'm comfortable actually being away, and I think I've mapped it out well enough that I can have it all done by the end of the month.

3. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

Is anybody planning to freeze food/freezing food for when the baby comes? DH made a big batch of chili tonight and I thought about freezing some of the leftovers, but I feel like we would forget about them... šŸ¤”

4. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

Hi! šŸ‘‹ Iā€™m still here, quietly following along. We got moved into our new home about 5 weeks ago, and weā€™ve been busy planning all of our renovations (and tearing apart what we can šŸ¤£) The house was built in 1916 with an addition in the 80s, on 27 acres, and has SO much potential! Weā€™re excited about it, even if the timing is less than ideal šŸ¤° Weā€™ve already torn up 3 rooms of carpet (helllooooo beautiful hardwood floors), painted some outbuildings, done endless planning/dreaming. We were having trouble nailing down a contractor, but looks like we can start demoing our first phase in a couple of weeks! DH is doing the demo, and our new super amazing kitchen should be done literally the week before the baby arrives šŸ¤£ Weā€™re also doing HVAC installation, tearing down a couple walls, electrical updates, a bathroom to laundry room conversion, new flooring for the entry way and mudroom, refinishing the previously mentioned hardwood, and some work to the garageā€”and this is just the first phase šŸ¤£ Needless to say, Iā€™m not in any hurry to meet baby girl!

31w5d. Baby has been camped out in my rib cage, which has at least been giving me some pelvic pressure relief šŸ™„ Sheā€™s been breech this whole time, but Iā€™m having trouble telling how sheā€™s laying now. It almost seems transverse. Iā€™ll have a growth US in 4 weeks so I guess Iā€™ll find out eventually!

Hope everyone is hanging in there! Final stretch!

5. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

@karenbme: I hate leftovers and reheated frozen meals šŸ¤£ Chili probably wouldnā€™t be bad, but Iā€™ve never had trouble getting something quick and easy prepped for dinner. I really like cooking though, so Iā€™m probably an outlier!

6. LemonJack

persimmon / 1130 posts

@karenbme: We always freeze a few things ahead of time! Usually itā€™s stuff like chicken pot pie, chicken noodle soup (sans noodles so they donā€™t get soggy), homemade black bean burgers (uncooked), chicken fajita fixings (I chop up everything and just freeze it individually so I can throw it together fast), and sometimes a lasagna. A lot of the freezer friendly things seem to be heavier meals that we donā€™t eat on the regular, but I do like having the options. I know Iā€™ll rely on those things more once weā€™re both back to work!

Edited to add weā€™re spoiled because MIL and SIL have already taken our requests and are bringing up freezer meals next month!

7. LemonJack

persimmon / 1130 posts

Today I got out all the gender neutral clothing and washed it, and weā€™re also hoping to pull out most of the baby gear this weekend. Itā€™s feeling real!

8. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@bees_knees: Congratulations on moving into the house/getting the first chunk of reno scheduled! I canā€™t imagine how you feel taking all that on right now, but thereā€™s never a perfect time for anything, right? And good luck with your growth us. Hopefully baby is head down, but with their legs crossed or something like that. I wish my practice did a routine ultrasound later in pregnancy, we got so spoiled with weekly checks early on and now we havenā€™t had a look in three months and probably wonā€™t get another one.

@bees_knees: @LemonJack: After reading your responses Iā€™m not sure Iā€™m going to do a lot of freezing. Most of our weeknight go tos are already 30 minutes or so. Weā€™ll probably switch from dried back to canned beans, (we eat vegetarian about 60-75% of the time) but if we wind up eating black bean tacos 3x a week because theyā€™re fast, tasty, and easy Iā€™m sure weā€™d both be happy. šŸ˜‰

@LemonJack: I was thinking the same thing yesterday as DH and I were sitting in the nearly fished nursery after organizing the giant box of knitwear MIL made for the baby!

9. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@bees_knees: We are also doing renovations that sound fairly similar: 1840 house, converting bath to laundry and adding a new bath in part of a bedroom, putting in a hallway to connect two disconnected parts of the house (which will go through part of what used to be a bathroom that also needs to be redone...), adding insulation and doing some hvac changes to get rid of electric baseboard heat, ripping out the 120 year old sewage pipes, and tearing up carpeting and refinishing the wood underneath... We also discovered the attic floor was way under-framed and sagging, so had to fix that ( ugh, $$$). But my DH and I are not handy, especially when it comes to the intricacies of an old house, so are outsourcing the construction. I did spend a lot of time on the design, which I didn't want to outsource, and that has been fun. We moved from a one bedroom condo, and some of our very limited furniture in the condo wasn't even worth moving. The biggest thing I'd like to have done before the baby comes is actually the furniture I've picked out for the living room (right now we are making do with some ancient stuff the previous residents left behind because even the thrift shop wouldn't give them money for it šŸ˜‚ ). With all the time I'm going to spend bf during a winter mat leave I really want to spend curled up in a comfty chair next to the fireplace... Your relaxed attitude in inspiring - I just want it done before the baby is here! (but probably won't happen )

10. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

@periwinklebee: eek! Exciting! So crazy to be doing it right now, but šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø Can you break yours down into phases? That has seriously helped mental health! I want it alllllll done, but I think itā€™s easier for me to focus on one area at a time or I just get overwhelmed!

11. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@LemonJack: yessss, we had given away all our baby boy clothes, so went and retrieved them from my friend (along with a TON of additional clothes she had acquired), washed them and put them away and suddenly it was like, ok, we're having a baby pretty soon!

@bees_knees: wow, sounds like a lot of exciting stuff to be working on ! congrats on the new house!

@periwinklebee: ha, i am not renovating, but have been lobbying DH to replace his sofa (which is our main one) for literally years. i don't like it for many reasons, so now i'm determined to purchase a long coveted comfy cozy couch because if i'm going to be sitting on it BFing for hours on end i want it to be one i like

@karenbme: my practice does a 36 week US as standard, and it's nice! it's been a while since the last US for sure! do they just check head down status when you go into labor? also, we have frozen a few things in the past and it was nice but not critical--it didn't feel like it was a major improvement over our standard fast meal, and honestly sometimes it felt a little less appetizing. but on the other hand we're in a major city and don't have a problem getting food delivered like 2-3x a week during the first few weeks

12. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@nwm: Hah hah, this exactly! I casually mentioned to my husband yesterday that I was planning to replace the monstrosity of a couch left behind by the previous residents before the baby comes. His response, "What's wrong with it?" (I don't even know where to start....) I told him it was an investment in my postpartum mental health. šŸ˜‚ With a winter baby in New England, there probably won't be much leaving the couch...

@bees_knees: I remember my real estate agent saying something along the lines of "to enjoy this house, you have to be okay with the fact that you're to do list is going to be longer than you can do right away and not be bothered by that." Which is definitely true! It's a balance between not driving myself crazy trying to do it all and also recognizing that there are various things that if I don't do them now, they won't get done. And then in five years, I'll be like "why on earth didn't I take care of that five years ago?"

This thread makes me realize that I need to make a prioritized to do list of ALL THE STUFF that I want to get done before the baby comes, and then decide the like 85% of it that doesn't actually need to happen. Because time is flying by!

13. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@nwm: They feel for the baby's position at each appointment and when I go into labor, and if anyone thinks she's not head down from 32 weeks on or the growth is off track, they'll do a 36 week us, but we've been head down since 28 weeks and growth is right on, so we're probably not going to have one.

@periwinklebee: Yes to the winter baby in NE/making your home as cozy as possible, because you're going to be inside and it's going to be dark 16 hours a day. We splurged on our nursery chair and have are stocking up on fire wood in the name of being inside all of the time once baby arrives. I've also been pushing DH on finishing finishing the laundry room--it's all framed/drywalled, but needs paint/flooring and shelves hung, all of which we have in boxes on the unfinished side of the basement--for the same reason. We're going to be spending a ton of time in there so why not make it nice???

14. periwinklebee

grapefruit / 4466 posts

@karenbme: With our first LO we were crammed into a small one bedroom condo. I look back at the pics and almost cringe at the unavoidable clutter. I am so looking forward to having a fireplace this winter in our new house. I need to call the chimney liner guy and order some firewood!

15. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

Hi all. I have been reading along but not really having the energy to respond Had to do the Edinburgh scale at my appt today as a baseline and I am already scoring as if I have bad PPD. Eek. The doc offered a cervix check but I declined because finding out that I am already starting to dilate/efface would just make me panic more!!!

I am so impressed by living in a house while pregnant and doing major renovations. Or even when you aren't pregnant That is so much more patience than I will ever have!

I informed OH that this weekend we are getting the bedroom ready for M because next Friday I will be 37 weeks which means if I gave birth there wouldn't be a NICU stay . And installing the car seats/making sure I can fit three across!

This pregnancy has gone by sooooo fast.

16. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Ms. RV: Iā€™m so sorry to hear your struggling šŸ™ I know youā€™re probably doing things to take care of yourself already, but I hope youā€™re talking to someone. You donā€™t have to just suffer through, and itā€™ll be a lot easier to get treatment started now than in a few weeks. šŸ’œ

It does feel like time is flying and weā€™re all going to have healthy little munchkins in no time!

17. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@Ms. RV: same sentiments--i'm sorry to hear you are feeling so low, i hope you are finding a way to take care of yourself a bit. i'm hitting the point at work where we're scheduling out far enough that i have to acknowledge that i'm going to have to back away from my cases and not take on things i would normally do and let other people do my work and i kind of hate it. trying to retain as much perspective as possible but it can be hard in the moment. sending

18. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

How are everyoneā€™s nurseries coming? I had hoped to be done by now. Weā€™re most of the way there, but DH is building shelves that still need to be stained and hung, and we need to organize storage in the basement to move some stuff out of the nursery closet to make room for baby stuff. I also committed to making a mobile and am feeling like that might be something to just buy because Iā€™ve made 1 of 6 pieces so far... šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø But I did paint a mural on the wall so there is something I made in there for her.

19. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@karenbme: we are not doing much by way of nursery because the baby will be in our master bed for probably the first 6 months, or longer, until he's sleeping ok, before we move him into DS's room. We haven't wanted to disrupt DS's room too much in anticipation (plus there won't be a ton to do other than move a few things around and rebuild his crib). But I found a used stand for our stroller bassinet, which we're using for overnight sleep while little guy is in our room, and picked that up Friday. Plus just last night I placed our registry completion order, most of which is just stuff I could get a discount on that we already use like wipes, diaper cream, baby wash etc. But still helps to feel pretty ready! Sounds like you guys have gotten a lot done! Share pictures of the mural, that sounds amazing : ) I also feel like giving yourself permission to just buy a mobile at this stage make a lot of sense. Can you repurpose the one piece you did make into something to hang on the wall/on the window or something like that? (Or you can always treat it as a mat leave project because in my experience it's a few weeks to months before they're actually able to notice the mobiles much.)

20. Beebeeholiday

olive / 74 posts

@karenbme: We put a crib in our room. We have a large room and a perfect baby-sized nook cut out under our window, so....nursery complete! haha!

21. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

@karenbme: our nursery still has nasty old carpet and overflow boxes from when we moved šŸ¤£ Sheā€™ll be sleeping in our room for the first 9-12 months anyways, so...it will get done eventually. Focusing on the rest of our remodel first

22. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

I need to vent. I was having some pretty serious contractions earlier (not regular, but strong) so I took DS to Walmart with me to walk around a bit to see if contractions got stronger and pick up some necessities. I get home and OH and DD are gone. I call him to let him know I picked up lunch and he doesn't answer his phone!!!! Last thing he knew I was potentially at the start of labor. You think he would make sure he would be able to hear or feel his phone

My contractions mostly went away thankfully.

23. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

He called back an hour and a half later and said "Oh crap are you in labor?" didn't realize he left his phone in the truck šŸ™„ I wanted to say "Nope. Baby is out you missed it" but I thought of it too late.

24. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@Ms. RV: lol. Glad you did not in fact go into labor. This sounds like 100% something my DH would do. He routinely takes one or both kids and then becomes completely unreachable, causing me to spiral into panic. Heā€™s always like, theyā€™re a lot of work I canā€™t keep track of my phone too, and Iā€™m likeā€”you know I know what itā€™s like to take care of them, right? Yet somehow I still remain connected to the world?

25. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

@Ms. RV: Holy smokes, I would have been so irritated too! Men just...don't get it or something. I don't know.

I got a raging headache over the weekend, which landed me in L&D for monitoring/BP checks. Everything is totally fine and normal, which I figured, but better to be safe right?! I *still* have a headache (going on 4 days now). I'm starting to wonder if it's my sinuses? I didn't have a cold at all though, so unlikely. I've taken a couple of doses of Sudafed anyways.

The more likely cause is stress/lack of sleep DH spent the weekend demoing, so our kitchen/dining/laundry is ripped apart right now. Contractors started today! Our cabinets should arrive Nov 20th or so....hoping they can be installed before baby girl arrives (officially due date is Dec 2, but I'm shooting for Nov 29 haha)

26. bees_knees

persimmon / 1064 posts

@karenbme: Haven't heard from you lately, so I'm assuming baby girl made her arrival? Hope everything is well!

27. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@bees_knees: Youā€™re right, Bernadette ā€œBerdieā€ Cassandra came at 12:06am on Friday, 10/25 at exactly 35 weeks, 1 week after breaking my water. She needed respiratory support at birth so went to NICU, but graduated from her CPAP within 12 hours (took it out herself at some point and did fine so the docs went with it). She did have a few mild apneas, which are expected at her GA, and was in NICU for monitoring until this afternoon when we moved to the transitional suite, which is still technically NICU but more peaceful and with more parental care so that when the babies go home mom and dad know what to do. Iā€™ll type up a birth story when I can, but in the short term the thing that sticks with me is that even though weā€™re in NICU, according to the NICU doctor on rounds this morning, ā€œher alarms just arenā€™t that alarming.ā€ Plus it helps to know itā€™s a phase that most babies grow out of by the end of week 35 (Friday).

28. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@bees_knees: Sorry to hear youā€™re on day 4 of a headache. šŸ™ A kitchen Reno is pretty much the most stressful thing you can take on, so hopefully youā€™re fine, just stressed, although that doesnā€™t make your headache any better.

29. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@karenbme: congratulations!!!! welcome berdie!!! so glad you have moved into the transitional suite and hope you've been able to enjoy lots of snuggles.

30. LemonJack

persimmon / 1130 posts

@karenbme: Congratulations! Iā€™m so glad to hear sheā€™s doing well, and I hope you are too.

31. LemonJack

persimmon / 1130 posts

Anybody whose had a winter baby before, what clothing do you put them in when theyā€™re sleeping? My first two were both summer babies, so Iā€™m feeling a little clueless. I have some Swaddle pods which worked super well with my second, but the fabric is really thin. I also have a Love to Dream Swaddle Up, as well as two 0-3 month swaddle sleep sacks, one of which is fleece. Itā€™ll be cold at night here, so I want baby to be warm, but not overheated.

32. Beebeeholiday

olive / 74 posts

@karenbme: welcome baby girl! Love her name!

@LemonJack: I have a November 25 baby. I just kept her in footed sleepers and a hat, and then swaddled once, sometimes twice. We have always kept our home very warm,

To go out, Iā€™d usually put her in some type of warmer bunting, or a thick pant, onesie, thick top/sweater, socks, hat. Usually a blanket on top of the car seat. Thatā€™s it! We are in the PNW though so our winters arenā€™t very cold compared to other places.

So far Iā€™m just planning lots of simple sleepers, socks, and hats.

33. Beebeeholiday

olive / 74 posts

35.5 weeks! Can hardly believe it. My number 3 came at 37 weeks, but I kind of *felt* that she was going to be early, just the way my body felt. Iā€™m definitely not feeling that way this time around and donā€™t feel like a baby is coming in the next two weeks. Iā€™m guessing....nov 20, maybe?

My pelvic pain has subsided and Iā€™m actually able to walk again which is nice. My sister threw me a lovely sprinkle two weekends ago and Iā€™m just feeling ready and excited.

My BP was up at my appointment last week (I have a history of Pre-E) so Iā€™m monitoring every day. My numbers are kind of right at the threshold where sheā€™d start medicating me. I just donā€™t want to be induced! Been there, done that, donā€™t want to do it again. Anyone else have BP numbers going up?

Bump picā€”we havenā€™t been doing those in here! Anyone else want to share?

34. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@Beebeeholiday: great bump! you look awesome glad you are feeling so excited and ready. i am feeling mostly the same, but also glad that i've scheduled myself right up until arrival time. both my last two came past 40 weeks and by 38 weeks the waiting became really hard. right now i have stuff scheduled right up until 39+ basically (my small sprinkle is four days before my due date!), and i'd honestly much rather have to cancel and explain than just sit around waiting like i have in the past.

so far no BP issues, thankfully, but did just come back from a growth ultrasound. at my last OB appointment, even though i've been measuring small for the entire third trimester, the doc had me do an ultrasound in the office and while baby was 25th percentile overall, his abdomen was 5th percentile, so she wanted me to go get a growth scan done. this might have made me nervous, except the EXACT same thing happened with my daughter, down to the week they checked it, her overall percentage and her abdomen percentage. and, just like with my daughter, the folks at the ultrasound place were like, size is perfect, his abdomen is 20th percentile. i am honestly a little annoyed that my doc sent me in again just based on numbers from the apparently lazy/inaccurate size measurements at the OB's office, when i tried to explain that the exact same thing had happened before. i know she was just trying to be cautious. overall i'm glad it turns out all is well with his growth, and he's measuring about 6lbs already, so on track to be the exact same size as DS1 and DD at birth!

fx all stays well with your BP!

@bees_knees: hope your headache is improving! a gut reno is definitely a lot to manage, but exciting!

@LemonJack: i have one winter baby, but NYC apartments are notoriously overheated by our steam radiators, so i am usually trying to keep the baby cool all through the winter. halo makes some good fleecy swaddles though if you like those.

35. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@LemonJack: Itā€™s cold enough here now that weā€™ve got the furnace on so the house is at the temp it will be at all winter (68). Usually we would drop it at night, but decided not to this year. Baby girl slept in layers last nightā€”onesie, cotton swaddler, hospital blanket swaddleā€”and seemed comfortable. I asked the NICU nurse during discharge about temperature this winter and his response was layers and blankets. Weā€™ve had her in a fleece sleeper all day today and itā€™s borderline not enough. Her body is warm, but her fingers and toes are kind of chilly.

36. lindseykaye

pear / 1992 posts

@karenbme: Lurking here but my DD was born early last December and I had the same concerns as all of you about keeping her warm. I remember talking to her ped and she said as long as their trunk is warm they are ok - babies don't have the greatest circulation so their fingers and toes can get cold but they're fine

37. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

In the waiting room waiting to go back for my induction

38. nwm

clementine / 830 posts

@Ms. RV: ahhh! good luck! hope it's easy!

@karenbme how's the little one & how are you?

39. karenbme

persimmon / 1419 posts

@Ms. RV: Congratulations! šŸŽˆšŸŽˆšŸŽˆ I hope the induction went well, and youā€™re happily snuggling your LO by now!!

@nwm: Weā€™re doing alright. Berdie has been very sleepy overall which isnā€™t that surprising for a preemie, but today she wanted to eat every two hours on the nose. Iā€™m hoping my supply catches up to her soon, because it felt today like there was no way I was making enough for her. šŸ˜•

40. Ms. RV

pear / 1930 posts

I had a very exciting birth! After not progressing at all for like 10 hours with misoprospotal and pitocin, I had finally got to 5cm and got an epidural. The doc broke my water and came back a half hour later because DS's heart rate kept dipping too low. She checked me and found I was 10cm! DS's heart rate wouldn't go back up so they ran me to the OR! I tried pushing three times with a vacuum but DS went nowhere. So I ended up with a very emergency c-section. We are both doing well!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee