Mrskc-Boy

Oct 26th
    Thefixits-Surprise

Oct 28th
    Tidybee-Surprise

2. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

@hellobeeboston: Good luck!!!

I have my 34 week appointment this afternoon and I’m really hoping that we get an U/S! I’m going to ask the doctor for an estimate of how big baby is and hopefully that’ll prompt it!

What questions do you ladies ask your doctor? Whenever he asks me if I have any questions I just freeze! I feel like I’m pretty prepared information wise from the reading that I’ve done and the amount of information I’ve gotten from this site but there must be something that I’m overlooking!

3. Mrs.B

clementine / 961 posts

@Running Elley: I do the same thing but at my next apt I NEED to ask her some questions about my birth plan and her thoughts. For my last few apts I have seen the other OB's in the office just in case they are the ones on call when I go into labor and I don't feel comfortable asking them questions. Hopefully my OB will be able to deliver LO. We really want to do delayed cord clamping/cutting so I need to know her opinion on it. I also want to make sure it will be ok to do if we happen to get another OB during my labor.

4. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Running Elley: usually it's just random stuff that's been floating around in my mind! I asked last week about spotting after sex, since I'd had some. I also asked the likelihood that LO moves out of a head down position at this point and becomes breech or transverse (she said it was very unlikely). Hope you get a peek at your LO!

5. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

@Running Elley: Most of the time I don't really ask many questions. Just random things I think of. Sometimes I don't have any questions or I have some and then completely forget to ask.

6. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@Running Elley: Haha I know I always forget my questions. Today DH came with me and remembered them.

I had my 34w6d appointment today and I am VERY happy.
    I didn't gain any weight:) She told me I had gained too much weight in too short of a time span and that I needed to maintain my weight until 37w if not for the rest of the pregnancy. Annnnd....with 45m of walking and watching my sweets, I did it! I am at +29lbs and plan to stay there.
    Also, baby is head down and "ready to go".
    I can't believe I has less than 40 days to go. Whoh:)

7. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

Well I’m glad I’m not the only one who doesn’t go in with a ton of questions! Today I’ll ask him about baby’s size/hopefully get an ultrasound. I think I’m also going to discuss my heartburn with him. It’s ridiculous!

@TurtleDoves: What questions did he ask?? LOL It sounds like you’re ready to go! It’s crazy how close we are!

8. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

@TurtleDoves: Glad everything checked out ok. Your doc seems real strict with weight gain. Mine hasn't even mentioned weight once. I'm up about 27 lbs at 32 weeks.

Have you ladies noticed that your stomach and intestines gurgle in the weirdest places? I guess they are all shifted around. Sometimes I feel these gurgles where I've never felt them before. So strange.

I had a nice three day weekend. Our nursery is almost done. I did the last of the sewing by sewing these basket liners for the baskets under the changing table. Boy was that a real pain in the butt. My sewing machine decided it didn't want to work anymore and being the newb that I am, it took me half the day to fix it. I'm NOT sewing for awhile after yesterday! I'll have to post a pic of it.

9. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@mrskc: Yes, it doesn't help that she is on a research board with some big-wig pregnancy coalition of OBs that is researching weight gain and pregnancy. She says "physicians these days are way too relaxed about pregnancy weight gain". LUCKY ME. Now I eat skinny cow ice cream cones...but they're OK, actually:) hehe
    And you are super lucky to have a sewing machine! I really want one but DH says i'll ever use it enough to justify the price and the space it'll take up:/

10. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

@mrskc: Definitely post pictures! My stomach definitely gurgles in odd places. It's kind of creepy! I don't think your intestines are supposed to be in your ribcage haha.

You reminded me, we made more nursery progress this weekend! LO’s dresser finally came in and I made a mobile for above his crib. Now all we have left is curtains to hang (which will happen tomorrow) and the gallery wall which will be above the dresser. This picture is looking in from the door (the bookshelves are still there…they’re just to the left of the picture so you can’t see them!).
    The mobile is 4 pirate ships with a treasure chest in the middle. The second close up picture is of the treasure chest/paper lantern center.

11. CupQuakeWalk

coconut / 8475 posts

@Running Elley: I told DH in the car that I wanted to ask
    1-fetal position
    2-about the itchy rash I have on my stomach (turns out i'm stretched to capacity and i'm more than likely going to get some "small" stretchmarks)
    3- if and when she strips membranes
    4- if we are going to get one last u/s (we will at 38w)

ETA: Love the nursery! You did a great job:)

And I know: we're so close! I'm interested to see which one of use goes first. We'll be like dominos once we start going!

12. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

@TurtleDoves: Oh good question about membrane stripping! I'm adding that

13. Mrs.B

clementine / 961 posts

@TurtleDoves: My OB was concerned about my weight gain during my 2nd tri. Since I started my 3rd tri I am now gaining the recommended amount of weight per week but honestly I could really care less at this point. I've gained almost 40lbs so far.

I'm currently debating on whether or not to buy these adorable little Ugg Booties. They are $30 and on Ebay used ones are selling for $20+ so even though LO will outgrow them fast I can resell them and get alot of my money back right? lol I'm really trying to justify the purchase. I'm about to order

14. Mrs.B

clementine / 961 posts

@Running Elley: Love your nursery!

15. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

@Mrs.B: Those are adorable!

16. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Mrs.B: Aww I love them! SO CUTE!@Running Elley: Love the nursery! Where is your rug from?

17. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

@TurtleDoves: Well that makes sense why she's so into your weight gain. Maybe she should also research the effects of stressing out mom's-to-be with strict weight gain guidelines.

@Running Elley: Will definitely post pics once I get home. Your nursery looks absolutely adorable! I LOVE the mobile you made.

18. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

@hilsy85: Thanks! We got it from RugsUSA.com. They had a 75% off sale for 4th of July weekend and we jumped on it! I think it brings everything together- I love it!
    @Mrs.B: Thanks!
    @mrskc: It was so fun! I think just hanging it added a lot more to the room. It’ll definitely feel more “finished” to me once we have the prints hanging. We’re doing Peter Pan silhouettes. We’re also planning on putting up a separate shelf for the pirate ship that’s currently sitting on the dresser/changing table.

19. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@TurtleDoves: I think I ate a skinny cow every day of the second trimester. And I have only gained 20 lbs at 32 weeks! Bring em on.
    @Running Elley: Good luck at the appt. I too always freeze when she asks if I have questions.

20. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@hellobeeboston: SO exciting about the job interview, so interesting about the timing! Good luck, and just curious to see how to potential future employers treat "the situation"!

@Mrs.B: Thanks for tracking everyone in a post every so often, neat to see when we're all due

@Running Elley: LOVE the nursery pics, thank-you for sharing!!!

I had my doctor's appt this afternoon, I gained just one pound from last week, but given that nothing I've eaten since Saturday has stayed in me for more than an hour....understandable!

She thinks that I have thrown something off, and now my body can't get caught up so to speak, either stress or something I ate, and now my body is just yuck. She thought a bug or flu, but my appetite is normal and everything is going "in" ok! So she said to get a yogurt with a probiotic, otherwise cut dairy until I get better (I love milk and cereal, so this hurts!!), and if I really want to get rid of it (yes!!) to go on a BRAT diet (Bananas, Rice, Applesauce, Toast), yummy to get things better.

We talked about my "birth plan" or lack there of, I mean this in the most non-offensive way possible to anyone who may take it this way, but she poked fun at women that have detailed birth plans with things they are dead set for or against, she said it's usually a recipe for a heavily medicated c-section.....typically the opposite of what that woman wants. She is glad I don't have anything I'll be submitting on paper, and am happy I am wanting to stay as natural as I can, but very open to what could be recommended along the way. I just said I have never done this before, and want to be open to what is best for baby, I know nothing medically and am more than happy to listen to the professionals around me. We are on the same page in terms of being open to anything, staying med/drug free until we get to a point where something could be recco'd to help things along, she just said if I am thinking about anything don't wait until a breaking point as then it is no fun for anyone, about 3/4 of the way to that point, opt for meds/pain help, etc. We talked about the tub, shower, pull and push bars, medicine balls, etc that are available at the hospital we'll be having the baby at, even said make sure we pack swim shorts for DH as he can come in the shower with me (shower's in each room) and help through contractions! She said she wants me up and doing things as much as possible through labour, unless an epidural is needed, then I have to labour in bed I guess!

Measuring 33w, going to be 35 on Saturday, so a little behind again, bp was 138/68 so high for me, and of course weight was 184lbs, up 44lbs total, She felt the baby's head, felt low, and in the right spot.

Any of you getting u/s this late I am super envious! I haven't asked (and always forget to ask any specific questions I do have!!) and just assume no more at this point. I always just go with what the conversation is at appointments, there is definitely no quiet time!

I want to give the biggest kudos to any of you ladies (or anyone who's done this, I'm sure many have!) that have (or will!) work up to their due dates. I am off work now until due date and maternity leave begins, but if I wasn't I would begin mat leave in-a-HURRY at this point. I am a zombie, I don't even know how I would function at my job right now, I would be sitting down with my boss and going off if I was at work, so I absolutely commend any woman who works close to/up to/beyond their due date, reality is I could still be preggo for 6-7 weeks and I have no idea how I could work.....I don't think being sick has helped and the other stuff I have going on, but man oh man. Any of you ladies deserve big time respect for working still!

I bought this today:

http://www.gapcanada.ca/browse/product.do?cid=8772&vid=1&pid=150218&scid=150218003

I had a gift card, and finally got to use it, I was super excited, think it is super cozy and cute!! I bought 3-6 months, I had 0-3 originally, but there was only one 3-6 left, lots of 0-3, and 6-12 so figured 3-6 might be best in terms of longest wear time!

I hung some wall decor in the nursery today, two more things to go up on the walls, lamp, and it's almost all done!

21. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

That turned into a novel WAY too quickly, I am so bad for that.

Sorry!

22. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

@Beebug: I'm sorry you're dealing with that. I really hope you start feeling better soon. Can't wait to see your nursery!

23. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

So here is our changing table and the basket liners that gave me so much grief! I'm really happy with how they turned out, but you guys should have seen what a mess I was yesterday. What I thought would take me a couple of hours took ALL day! ugh My DH said I looked funny with my hair all frazzled, yelling at the sewing machine. lol He didn't tell me at the time what I mess I looked of course. He was very sweet and tried to help me figure out the sewing machine.

24. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@mrskc: Seriously....L-O-V-E your nursery!! LOL (sorry) to yelling at the sewing machine.....mine is SO heavy and it's a damn good thing, otherwise it might have been out the window a few times

I've been up since 4:30....hungry!! Dog is snuggling with me (and begging for some of my food, lol) and I gave up on staying in bed, so am down on the couch wrapped in a few blankets hoping to fall asleep again, likely just in time for DH to get up for work, and then I will definitely be up for the day.

25. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@mrskc: omg - LOVE your nursery! it's so great - those little elephants hanging off the baskets are awesome - and love all of the pics!

@Beebug: that little snuggly outfit you got is ADORABLE, I may need to get one of those as well! so cute... I'm in a similar situation with you for the "birth plan" - I want the baby to get here as quickly and safely as possible and hopefully avoid a C-Section, but will listen to the doctors advice on what is best. We are (finally) taking our childbirth class this saturday - 8 hrs long! yikes - so that will be good.

had an appt with the doc today - all looks good. only gained 1 lb in the past 3 weeks which was AWESOME news! babys hb was 150, and he's growin' right on schedule.... i feel like we're in total wait mode... but have been feelin' pretty good overall.

26. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

@hellobeeboston: 8 hours on Saturday?! Yikes!! We start next Monday, and go 3 Monday's in a row, and then on Oct 1st we finish with a hospital tour, I know we go for 6:45pm, but no idea for how long each night.

27. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

@mrskc: Those are so cute!!! Definitely worth the stress

28. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

Possibly silly/cheap question.

If our crib is convertible (do a double bed, basically the one side of it becomes headboard) and I am looking for a crib skirt in solid gray and can't seem to find what I want anywhere (and can't be bothered to make it at this point!) would it be doable to buy a double bed skirt, with some careful folding make that work for the three sides? It will be my backup skirt (I have the patterned fabric now made into crib set, and rather than having patterned skirt and patterned fitted sheet, I plan to use patterned skirt + solid pink fitted or patterned fitted and solid gray skirt alternating as one goes in the wash. I don't really need multiple crib skirts, so I was thinking I might be able to make a double work as the width works and then have it for beyond crib days?

Silly question, lol.....but I'll try, ha!

29. Mrs.B

clementine / 961 posts

@mrskc: Love the baskets very cute!
    @Beebug: I have a written birth plan but I am, trying to be open about everything. DH is more into having a "birth plan" and going all natural. I am very pro natural child birth BUT if I am induced then I am open to an epi no matter what DH thinks.
    @hellobeeboston: 8 hours is crazy long. We opted not to do a class. DH is way to ADHD to be able to sit threw one lol.

I just ordered my first HOTmilk nursing bra. Much to my surprise I measured at a 38FF instead of the 38 DDD I've been sporting. I knew my girls were very cramped but jeeze they are freaking huge now. I hope they do not grow anymore. It should be here in 2 weeks I'm hoping I like it because it's the only cute giant boob nursing bras I have found.

30. Beebug

pomegranate / 3917 posts

Watching A Baby Story, woman is 16 days overdue, totally expect to go late (so much as I would loveee a due date baby as that is DHs Mom's bday and my Grandmothers!) but yikes about 16 days, interested to see how this episode goes!

@Mrs.B: What type of delivery did you have for DS?

Interesting about the Nursing bra you ordered! I need to get on that too, I know it sounds silly, but I may go cheap to start and if I do end up bf'ing I will invest in good nursing bras......that thread about nursing bras was helpful though!

31. Mrs.B

clementine / 961 posts

@Beebug: I was induced because I fell onto my stomach in the shower and he his heart rate wouldn't stabalize after that. It was pretty traumatic and ended up with alot of complications, had to have an epi at 7cm. I'm really hoping for a less dramatic labor/delivery this go round.

32. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

@Beebug: @hellobeeboston: @Running Elley: @Mrs.B: Thank you ladies!

33. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

Oh I forgot to update about my doctor’s appt! It was pretty uneventful. Doctor listened to the heartbeat, didn’t do an U/S but felt around and estimated baby at just around 5 pounds so right on track! He gave me a prescription for some heartburn meds but I’m not sure whether I’ll fill it or not. He also said that next appt (36 weeks) is when he’ll do the Group B Strep test and a pap. I’ll also get an ultrasound to confirm that baby is still head down. I’m dreading/looking forward to it! I also turned in my maternity leave paperwork. September 28th is my last day!

34. mrskc

bananas / 9357 posts

@Running Elley: Glad you had a successful appointment. I can't believe how close we all are to the end! You must be excited only having about 3 weeks of work left.

I got this in the mail yesterday. It's for his newborn photo shoot. My DH saw something similar online and really liked it. He hasn't had much say in much, so I went ahead and ordered one. I think it will be really cute.

35. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@mrskc: It looks amazing! I love the basket liners! and that turtle thing is adorable! I need to find a hat or something for our newborn shoot.
    @Beebug: omg 16 days overdue?! I would be going insaaaaane. @Running Elley: sounds like a good appt! I forgot that I'm probably due for a pap this month, boo.

36. Running Elley

coconut / 8681 posts

@hilsy85: I’m dreading it! Gah. Maybe it’ll help to loosen things up in there though? I can hope lol.

37. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Running Elley: LOL! Maybe!

38. Tidybee

nectarine / 2834 posts

@mrskc: I am so impressed!! Love the baskets!
    @Running Elley: Glad the appt went smoothly.

39. Mrs.B

clementine / 961 posts

Has anyone else started to grow out of your maternity clothes? I'm still fitting my capris but my shirts are starting to not cover my tummy all the way. I'm refusing to by any new ones since we are so close!
    I'm cleaning my van out today and installing LO's carseat base I have to move around the 2 carseats I already have in my car for DS and daycare girl. I also have my 34w4d apt today. Soon we all start our weekly apts! I still can't believe how close we are.

40. CarrieLouWho

persimmon / 1408 posts

@Mrs.B - all of mine are still fitting! But I have a lot of dresses and only a few pant/shirt combos.

We are waiting on the extra base for the carseat, we're hoping to install in the next week or two.

We go on Monday for our 36 week check-up then it's every week - YAY!!! I'm excited and ready to meet baby girl, but I have a class I am finishing up and it's over on 9/26... so I need her to stay put until then :o) We'll see how that works out!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee