Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2014 Mothers-To-Be!

1. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@Mrs.Panda: Thank you for updating!!! If it makes you feel better my OB recommended I take the evening primrose oil, RRL tea and acupuncture.

@Mrs tartan: glad you have your home back, I can't imagine having my MIL home while we're trying to adjust to being a new family of 3

2. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@cmbknyc: that does make me feel better! Did he day how much of each to take/drink? I was so caught up in the GBS stuff at my appointment yesterday I completely forgot to ask about it.

3. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@Mrs.Panda: up to 5 cups of RRL a day and 1 pill of evening primrose oil 3 times a day. I had my GBS test today.and I got my induction date. I'm learning nothing goes as planned in pregnancy lol

4. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@cmbknyc: when is it??

5. bunnylovesbear

kiwi / 600 posts

Well, I had my final ob appointment before babytime today. My appointment was supposed to be just my pre-op (csection is next Weds), and then Thursday was going to be my 38-week office visit. But my doctor decided to just combine the two...kinda crazy to think a week from tomorrow and my new baby will be here! He estimated that the baby is about 7.5 pounds right now, and the heart rate was 116bpm...it must've been napping or something bc it's never been so low the entire pregnancy. The lowest it's been so far is 130bpm.

In other news, I'm in the midst of refinancing our home loan to cash out and do renovations to our house. It's quite possible that we will close before the baby is born, and then start the reno this fall! My husband thinks I'm an absolute lunatic for thinking it's a good idea to time a reno along with a newborn, but I just couldn't resist the chance to do some major upgrades to the house AND lower our monthly mortgage payment... Gonna be a stressful few months!!

6. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

@bunnylovesbear: wow exciting that you know baby's due date and can plan ahead. Id have loved to have known a few days before that I was going to have him then. I went pretty mental in my last few days before he was here cleaning and getting things ready, looking back I now see I should have slept and read and cooked!
    I also think you are mad doing the house with a new baby but we are sort of similar, although we are just completing a renovation of ours rather than starting, just a few pictures and mirrors etc to hang and it's done - but even then we haven't managed to do that since baby arrived!

Baby Torin is 4 days old today
    Do you think it would be a good idea to pop baby weight/length on the calendar? Would be interesting to see who had smallest/biggest baby.

7. bunnylovesbear

kiwi / 600 posts

@Mrs tartan: haha...yes, I completely agree that I'm a bit mad for the timing of the reno. But like I told my husband, when the (financial) timing is right, it's right! Lol. It also helps that my Mom lives about 1.5 miles down the road. We can always escape to her house, as needed. :). Not to get into too many details, but it's looking like we're going to be able to walk away with about $20k and lower our monthly payment by about $60!!

And yes!! I think adding baby stats is a great idea!! I was thinking the same thing!

So I just woke up (to pee, as usual) and I had a weird, burning pain covering the whole right side of my stomach. It didn't feel anything like a contraction, but I was painful. I got up, used the bathroom, and drank some water and it seems to feel better. Anyone experience anything like this?

8. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@bunnylovesbear: maybe round ligament pain? I've had strange pains on one side that feel pretty crappy when I move the wrong way. I'm also up right now because baby girl decided to dance on my bladder. She's finally asleep but I'm awake

9. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@bunnylovesbear: how exciting to have had your last appointment and to be renovating your house!! We have been slowly making upgrades to ours over the past 3 years and I think we are just about done now. We just put in new doors and are painting the exterior this week. I'm so glad it will be finished before LO arrives but I hear you on not being able to pass up a good deal!!

As for the pain, I have had that a few times too....not sure what it is but it took my breath away. I'm assuming it's normal since nothing else happened. Something to keep an eye on I guess. I also had some of what I assume was "lightening crotch" symptoms yesterday. It tray did fee like lightening and made me stop what I was doing. Ouch! I have my 39w appointment this afternoon. She had offered to do a membrane sweep today but I'm going to decline. If I'm still pregnant next week at my 40w appointment, I'll consider doing it. I'm too nervous about forcing labor to happen if my body isn't ready and then needing interventions.

10. bunnylovesbear

kiwi / 600 posts

@Mrs.Panda: yeah, I don't think it's round ligament pain. In my experience, that's been a more sharp, pain when I move a certain way. This woke me up from a still sleep. It's happened a few times before, but this time the pain lasted longer. I'm thinking it's just my body preparing for labor.

@bushelandapeck: glad I'm not the only one experiencing it. If you end up asking about it at your appt, let me know what your doc says. I'm nod feeling like it's enough to warrant a phone call to mine. It's paired with a dull lower backache, so again, I'm thinking possibly early labor signs? (I started with back labor with Johnny.). I've had the "lightening crotch" sensation, as well. Or at least I think I have! Oh, and .I don't blame you for wanting to wait to do the membrane sweep. I think I'd do the same if I were in your shoes. I almost wish we had schedules my c/s later so it would give me more time to go into labor naturally. Not that I want a VBAC, I definitely still was the cs, I just hate the idea of choosing the bday.

We've slowly been making upgrades here and there, as well....but I feel like we'd never be able to save up enough money for this big of a remodel. Other life expenses always seem to take priority, so I'm super excited that this opportunity has presented itself.

11. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@bunnylovesbear: I will ask her today and let you know. I think you're right about it being early labor signs. The other reason for waiting on the membrane sweep is that I'm still so anxious about how it's going to go with DS and I've been really enjoying the last days/weeks of one on one time we've had together. I keep thinking it's going to be so hard for him and that makes me incredibly sad. I hope I'm wrong and the adjustment isn't too hard...on any of us! lol.

12. Ms.Pumpkin

apricot / 435 posts

I've also been having those crazy aches, pains and such! The lightning crotch is something I've been feeling for a few weeks now, but it's really ramped up, and I think it's baby girl moving her head around. Here's hoping that it's all just symptomatic of things gearing up and going in the right direction!

Yesterday I kind of hit a wall- I was having almost constant BH contractions for most of the day, and while I knew I wasn't in labor, I was also not feeling the baby move much at all (I think my uterus is just clenched too tightly).

I finally decided to call the nurse while the office was open, just to get confirmation that I didn't have to worry about the reduced movements... But of course when they called me back, they were all like, "Well, you're a FTM, so here's what real contractions are like..." I know. I'm not calling you because I think I'm in labor, I'm calling you because I'm not feeling my baby move as much as I'm used to! Fortunately in the 45 minutes it took them to call me back, a rest stopped the BH long enough for me to feel her roll around a bit, so I was feeling more reassured.

Ugh. So frustrating, because I felt like I wasn't being taken seriously. And I'm not a high-maintenance patient, either. I think that constituted my 3rd total call to the office over the course of my entire pregnancy, so I'm clearly not calling over every little thing. I just feel like when the first thing out of their mouths is, "You're a FTM, right?", that immediately means that they think I'm overreacting.

13. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Ms.Pumpkin: That's so frustrating. I was having a similar experience on Monday with the constant BH and decreased movement. I considered calling the OB office but was worried that they would tell me I had to call in. Luckily, she started moving around once I had time to sit for a while on the car ride home. I would have been beyond peeved if they had dismissed my concerns. I don't think your worries are because you're a FTM...you know your baby's movement and that was out of the norm for you. You should be able to call and get real advice, not be made to feel like you are overreacting. Sorry that happened to you!!

14. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@bunnylovesbear: Ahh I didn't realize it woke you up from a sleep, I thought you were saying you felt it when you got up to go to the bathroom. I've had a couple of bouts of RLP where it felt like burning but it was usually when I was at work or getting up out of bed and I must have twisted a little too much. It's amazing to see how everyone's pregnancy is so different yet can be similar! I hope it is your body getting ready!

@Ms.Pumpkin: Oh I would be so annoyed if that was the first thing they thought to ask me. I don't care if this is my first or my 10th, if I didn't feel her for a period of time I would be calling too. The last time I didn't really feel her I had an appointment already scheduled that day so when they asked how the baby was moving (they do every appointment) I told the OB that I hadn't really felt her moving too much that day or the night before. He didn't patronize me and immediately turned on the ultrasound to take a look. Turns out she was wedged transverse pretty perfectly into my hip bones so she couldn't really move too much. I did a couple of spinning babies moves and that seemed to help because she was a mongoose after she slid out!

15. bunnylovesbear

kiwi / 600 posts

@bushelandapeck: I hear ya. I've been enjoying my extra time home with Johnny. That's a major perk of starting my maternity leave a week earlier than planned...extra time with him. :). He's been throwing lots of fits and hitting lately, so it hasn't been all rainbows. Gotta love the terrible twos. Ha.

@Ms.Pumpkin: that's super frustrating that you didn't feel like you were being taken seriously.

@Mrs.Panda: well technically, I think my full bladder is what actually woke me up...haha...but the pain wasn't when I moved. I noticed it as soon as I woke up. It's happened a few times before, just not as strong as last night.

Now that you all mention it, I feel like I haven't had all that much movement today. I've definitely felt the baby here and there, bit nothing too crazy. I've had a busy day, so hopefully now that in home and relaxing on the couch I'll notice an increase.

16. Rocker2014

persimmon / 1367 posts

@mrskoloa:
    @ottilie@Mrs tartan: Congrats ladies!! So excited for you!

@Mrs.Panda: Just a quick edit to the list, my due date is 10/15 (though I'd be fine if she came early!)

17. mrskoloa

cherry / 242 posts

@ottilie: Oliver is a freaking cutie!! What's the word on the murmur?

@Mirage: After talking it over with my ob, apparently we had decided to cut back on the epidural so I could have more productive pushes. I must not have remembered the conversation.

@bunnylovesbear: It's surprising to me how much space ONE carseat takes... let alone two! Stoked on your mini-van... they are so tricked out nowadays that I'm surprised more people without children don't own one. Also, I'm glad the progesterone is working for you. In addition, I'm surprised that your doctor didn't want to do a non-stress test on baby with a heartbeat below 120.

@bushelandapeck: I was having a bunch of BH the week before delivery, but no pain with them at all--just tightness. I'm wondering now if that is what differentiates BH from real contractions?

@Mrs tartan: Congratulations on your son!! I am hearing you about the tramas of vaginal birth. I told my husband already: NO MORE. Sami is one day older than Torin, but probably with the time difference they are actually the same Motherhood has been easier than I thought it would be (but by no means easy, if you know what I mean). I am breastfeeding wonderfully... we had our Five Day Old appointment and she has already surpassed her birth weight by two ounces. BF was hard at first because of the nipple soreness, but because her latch was good and I have been religiously slathering on lanolin, everything is fine now. Just a little pain when she first latches on, but then normal. We stayed two and a half days in the hospital and she slept through the first night, woke a couple times the second night, then the first night home she was up a LOT. I probably fed her six times between 10p and 8a. However, the last two nights she has only gotten up twice, which has been wonderful. Her poops have transitioned and we are out of the jaundice danger zone.

@Ms.Pumpkin: I didn't time my BH, mostly because they were painless. I figured real contractions would hurt... and in my case I was right! Also, happy your MIL moved out... where did she end up going?

@cmbknyc: Sami was actually born on the 26th :):) And I third the baby stats... Sami was 6lbs15.9ozs (but if you want to put 7lbs that's fine with me) and she was 20.5 inches long.

LADIES... it's hard for me to keep track of what we're talking about on FB and what we're talking about on HB... would more of you consider joining the FB group??

18. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

I agree, it would be so nice to keep in touch with everyone via FB

19. bunnylovesbear

kiwi / 600 posts

@mrskoloa: @Mrs.Panda: I also agree with the fb idea!!

20. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

Sorry ladies my Facebook account is still deactivated at the moment due to the family drama with my mil. It will be back up and running soon but just not yet as I don't think I couldn't cope with any drama with a newborn.
    If you do move over to Facebook chat please just update me now and again of any changes in your lives and ill join the group when I can

21. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@Mrs tartan: oh I'll still be hanging around

22. wonderstruck

pomegranate / 3791 posts

I suck at updating this just because the FB group is easier, but I am just 5 hours away from my hospital arrival and 7 hours away from baby time! Ahhhh!!!! I've been waking up every two hours all night from having to pee, being anxious, and having coughing fits. The coughing fits are unfortunate because I can't drink anything or even use a cough drop this close to my surgery time. It's crazy knowing that today will be my baby's birthday!

23. cmbknyc

kiwi / 630 posts

@Ms.Pumpkin: ugh I would be just as frustrated! They should trust your instincts FTM or not..

@Rocker2014: whoops that's my mistake I'll fix it at some point today

@Mrs tartan: don't worry I won't be leaving HB behind! Besides don't want to miss out on little Torin updates! I'll add weight and length info later tonight.

@wonderstruck: ahhhhhhh so exciting!!! Can't wait for an update. sorry about the cough, that would drive me batty but soon you'll have your baby in your arms. Best wishes for today!!!!!

24. Nskillet

persimmon / 1099 posts

@wonderstruck: I have been stalking this thread and wanted to wish you so much success in your delivery!! I can't wait to hear the details of your delivery.

I'm a october mama in hiding, haha!

25. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Nskillet: everytime I see your posts I wonder why you haven't joined us! What is your official due date? How are you feeling?

26. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@wonderstruck: thinking of you and will be checking back often today to see if you update!!

27. Nskillet

persimmon / 1099 posts

@bushelandapeck: due date is 10/18 but I have a RCS scheduled for 10/13. If I go into labor early it may be a watch and see type of deal for VBAC. Feeling good for the most part though yesterday I left work early with a tiny headache and slept 4 hours! Tons of pelvic pressure, lightening crotch, the whole works! I'm feeling on high alert as this is baby 2 and my first I went into labor today 37+6! This baby is smaller though so we will see how it goes

28. Ms.Pumpkin

apricot / 435 posts

@Nskillet: Welcome! Good to have another October Mama waiting out this final home stretch with us!

@wonderstruck: Aaah, you're at the hospital now, aren't you? Best of luck, and hope you get to meet WonderBaby soon!

@Mrs tartan: We're still around, no worries! And you can give us more updates on baby T, for those of us still in that seemingly endless waiting period of late pregnancy! This waiting sucks, but updates and photos of adorable new babies help!

Thanks for the support, ladies! I think the phone call coincided with a particularly down moment... I'm just ready to move on to the next stage of things, but I know that nothing's going to happen until baby girl is also ready!

At my OB appt the other day, the doctor estimated that she's already 8 lbs!!! I know that an 8lb baby isn't really a massive baby, but we were kind of expecting a smaller LO, due to DH's family all being very small babies. But I suppose she takes after her Mother's side- My Mom birthed 2 8-pounders, and my Grandmother's 5 kids were all in the 8-pound range. I suppose the women in my family are all remarkably consistent at that!

The doctor also noted that my belly "is solid baby" at this point. I dunno what else is supposed to be in there, but it definitely feels that way at this point! Didn't have a cervical check, so I don't know if I'm making any progress, but the BH, pressure and general cramps low in my belly makes me hopeful that my body is at least doing a little to prepare!

29. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@wonderstruck: ahh I am so so so so happy for you that you finally get to meet your sweet little baby and stop being pregnant! It's been a long haul for you. Have a beautiful birth!

30. Mrs tartan

kiwi / 656 posts

@mrskoloa: @ottilie: how are you finding motherhood?
    Torin is 7 days old today! I'm finding it quite tough, he is amazing but it doesn't take from the fact that DH and I are exhausted beyond belief, I'm also on day 3 of the baby blues which is pretty draining. I hope this is the last day they are here. It's so weird, at 6pm I just burst out crying for no reason! Midwife tells me it is totally normal and just the hormones leaving my body. Torin is waking every 3/4 hours at the moment, his belly cord is on its last legs, I think it will fall off by tomorrow. He is so beautiful, part of the reason I'm exhausted is because I stare at him when I should be sleeping

31. cyndistar3

pomegranate / 3980 posts

@Ms.Pumpkin: 8lbs isn't so bad, I was soooo scared with my first baby because my mom's first child was 10 lbs 10 Oz at birth... I was glad when mine was "only" 8.15!

@Mrs tartan: I hope your baby blues leave soon, they are definitely not fun! And I don't know how anyone expects a new mother to sleep when there is adorable little face and piggies to gawk at for hours on end!

32. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

I hope all you ladies are doing well! Just popping in to say hi no news here but my 37 week appointment is this afternoon. I have been feeling the same, just more uncomfortable and now my tailbone hurts lol. Oh the joys.

33. bunnylovesbear

kiwi / 600 posts

@Mrs.Panda: all is well here, too. I'll be 39 weeks tomorrow, and my csection is Wednesday! I'm in complete and utter shock that I've made it to my cs date. There was no doubt in my mind that I'd go early! Been feeling lots more pressure the past couple days, but no real contractions yet...just the BH that I've been feeling for months!

34. Ms.Pumpkin

apricot / 435 posts

@cyndistar3: over 10 lbs!! That is one BIG baby! I told my Grandmother that they're estimating that I'll have an 8-pound baby, and she responded, "Well, we don't make any other kind!" LOL.

@Mrs.Panda: Good luck on the appointment today, isn't late pregnancy wonderful?

@Mrs tartan: It does sound rough, I hope that you're getting any little rest that you can! And the baby blues are something that I've definitely been worried about- that is one serious hormone crash you've just experienced! I hope that it passes quickly for you. I'm sure that I'll get them as well (I'm pretty sensitive to hormone-influenced mood swings!), so I'll probably be posting the exact same thing in a few weeks!

As for me, here I am, at 6 am and am awake. I've been woken up every hour, on the hour with this crazy hip/back pain- as I'm sleeping on my side, it starts on the hip that I'm lying on, and then goes into my lower back. Could be something, most likely it's just me being obnoxiously woken up every single hour since 2 this morning!

Oh, baby girl, don't you think it's time to come out and meet us already?

35. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Mrs.Panda: Good luck at your appointment today! I'm still plodding along at 39+5....ready to meet this LO but I think she's pretty happy staying where she is for now. I had lots of BH and some mild contractions throughout the day yesterday but nothing serious. My hormones are all over the place though. I think I burst into tears about my toddlers antics three times in about 30 mins on Saturday. Ugh. I'm also not sleeping really at all, so I'm sure that isn't helping. I had decided I wasn't going to do the membrane sweep at my 40w appt on Weds but now I'm seriously considering it.

36. Nskillet

persimmon / 1099 posts

Lots of BH and pressure for me over the weekend but otherwise nada! 38+3 and anxiously keep checking for birth announcements and how wonder struck did! Hope all is well

37. Ms.Pumpkin

apricot / 435 posts

Argh, what fresh hell is this?

Second night in a row I've been woken up consistently by hip & back pain, accompanied by intense BH contractions- and it's completely predictable. 1am, 2am, 3am, and so on, within a 10-minute window. Is this timeable sciatica? Is this false labor? They're not terribly close together, and the pain goes away when I get up for the day, so I know it's not real labor. But only getting 45 minutes of sleep at a time from about 12-7am is killing me!

38. Mrs.Panda

nectarine / 2358 posts

@Ms.Pumpkin: Oh my gosh, that does sound really awful I'm sorry you're going through that. I have been having a good amount of pain and sleepless nights, too, but not every hour like you. You poor thing!

@Nskillet: Excited to see things moving along for everyone!!

My appointment yesterday yielded no real news: not dilated at ALL. I know that this really means nothing but I think my LO is pretty snug where she is right now. I am going to start going for evening walks (it's too damn hot otherwise) with DH on the days I'm not working.

Speaking of work, I was going to work up until my due date... Well actually ON my due date (25th) but I decided I needed to take some time for myself and go out the week before. My last night will the the 16th/17th with the option to pick up the next week if I still feel good. We'll see how it goes!

39. Rocker2014

persimmon / 1367 posts

Here we are, 8 days into October - anyone else have a birth story to share?? I'm hoping that if I keep reading birth stories Baby Girl will be motivated to get going!

I'm 39w today and saw this doctor this AM - they've been saying she could go early for a while but there's been no movement since last week...grrr! She's still completely engaged and I'm 1cm dilated, but that's it. I know I should be patient, but I'm done with being miserable and in pain all the time!

@bushelandapeck: I know what you mean about hormonal and crazy emotional - I pretty much freaked out on my husband when we were out of the french fries I like over the weekend!

@Ms.Pumpkin: Are you feeling any better? that must be so frustrating!

Anyone else having carpal tunnel symptoms? Mine started about 3 weeks ago -- its very...entertaining?...to not be able to feel my hands in the mornings! I've been dropping everything!

40. Nskillet

persimmon / 1099 posts

@Rocker2014: yes! Except I have "mommy thumb" instead of carpal tunnel and it causes this searing pain in my wrists/thumb which has made picking my toddler up a nightmare! It's hard to even pull my pants down without serious pain!! I am 38 weeks 4 days and feel so drained/exhausted today! I am ready to meet this baby and be tired in a different way. No idea if I will go into labor early last day of work is Friday thank god!! With my luck I'll go into labor there (like I sid with my first and DH will have to spend the entire week off he has mostly at the hospital? Any other RCS get released earlier than 3 nights

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee