Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

I have my first appointment next Monday. I didn't go until 8 weeks with my LO so I'm not sure what to expect? Is it just bloodwork and to confirm the pregnancy? I asked because I thought it was too early for an ultrasound and she said no, they wouldn't do one.

2. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Leialou: nice! That's soon! I could have scheduled my ultrasound as early as 2/16 too but DH really wanted to come and can't take off work, so I made it for that Sat the 21st... I hope he appreciates that bc waiting another 5 days is going to suck!

@BelugaBean: maybe just bloodwork and a urine test or something? Exciting though!

3. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

I went ahead and called my OB today and made an appointment for Wednesday. I'm not exactly sure what the appointment will be since it's so early. My period isn't even due until Thursday! Hopefully they'll do bloodwork and have me come back on Friday to make sure my numbers are doubling. So exciting!

4. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@jodyblair: that's exciting! Yea maybe they'll just do bloodwork?

I had one of those clear blue weeks estimators left so I took it this morning and was so happy to see 3+ weeks. I was 5 weeks exactly yesterday, so that made me feel a little relieved.

5. cranberry

apricot / 305 posts

I'm jealous of all of the early appointments. I just called my OB and they scheduled my first appointment for February 25th. So far away! Although it is what I expected since that is how long they made me wait for my first LO too.

6. renee0106

cherry / 197 posts

I had my first appt yesterday. Since it's my 1st they gave me tons of information and books and just let me ask a lot of questions. They did a blood draw and a pee test to confirm the pregnancy. Nothing too exciting. They scheduled my first ultrasound for March 3rd. Now I have to wait an entire month!

7. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@cranberry: I feel ya! counting down the days until my apt on the 21st!

@renee0106: exciting you had an appt yesterday! hoping our ultrasound appointments get here quickly!

8. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

Today feels like a milestone. I'm 5w1d and it's the most pregnant I've ever been. Last time I started bleeding at 5 weeks, but I knew a few days before then it wasn't viable. I POAS this morning and the test line on my Wondfo was darker than the control line.

9. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@Leialou: Yay!! Come on, sticky babies.

You guys, I have the WORST pregnancy bloating! I contemplated busting out my maternity leggings last night because my regular ones felt like they were squeezing my belly. I'm only 4 weeks, 4 days so this is nuts. I think I remember with my daughter I had crazy bloating and then it sort of went down around 6 or 7 weeks, right in time for the actual bump to start growing. We'll see what happens this time!

10. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@Leialou: So exciting!!
    @My Only Sunshine: I don't know if it was bloating or not, but last night I had no appetite but I was hungry and starting to feel nauseous from being so hungry. I finally ate a bowl of cereal and I was SO full after. It was really weird.

My appointment is in 45 minutes and I'm getting really nervous. I'm only 12 dpo and I'm just worried they'll think I'm totally crazy for even coming in so early. But in my defense, they allowed me to schedule the appointment

11. Mrs. Pickle

@My Only Sunshine: I'm bloating too. It's noticeable to me and my DH, but probably not to anyone else yet. My pants are really tight in the waist!

12. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@jodyblair: good luck today!

@My Only Sunshine: I'm pretty bloated too! My pants are def a little tight. @Leialou: that's great! Ive been randomly peeing on the cheapie tests I have- no clue why!

13. Mrs. Pickle

@jodyblair: how was your appointment?

14. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

It was good! Just talked with the dr and nurse and had bloodwork done. They said if the numbers look good then I won't go back until 3/4 for an ultrasound. The nurse came back in before the urine test turned positive and was asking me my dates again since it was taking so long...I wanted to tell her I knew it would be positive because I've taken about 5 tests since Monday, including one this morning It's going to be so hard to wait to tell everyone until after we see the heartbeat. I was hoping to have an appointment at 6 weeks so we could spill the beans then! I won't have the results from the bloodwork until Friday. So much waiting for such an impatient person.

15. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

I had spotting that turned into bleeding yesterday. Doctor had me come in for an ultrasound, which did not show anything but it would be early for anything to be visible. He said not to get too upset until they have my bloodwork results in from today and then compare them with the ones I'll get Friday but I think it's going to be a CP. He was more optimistic that it could be fine but I think that's just his personality.

16. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@jodyblair: that's good!! I know, the waiting sucks. My DH is very superstitious and doesnt want me to tell any family until after our first US, but at least I have you lovely ladies to talk to!

@Finfan: oh no! I am praying for the best for you...I know plenty of women on here who have had bleeding during pregnancy and everything has been okay. That said, I know how upsetting it is to see blood. Unfortunately that's what happened in Dec with me and it was a CP. But you won't know anything until you get the bloodwork results so I am Keeping my fingers crossed for good bloodwork for you! Hang In there

17. Mrs. Pickle

@Finfan: oh no! I'm sorry. I hope it turns out to be ok.

18. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@Finfan: fingers crossed for you! I hope you get good news.

19. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

20. Mrs. Pickle

@fryxie: congrats!

21. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@fryxie: wow congrats!!! Welcome

When is everyone planning on telling people? (If you haven't already!) I think we will tell my family after our US if everything goes well...we'll see!

22. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

23. Mrs. Pickle

@NovBaby1112: my mom and mil already know. They knew we were transferring embryos so they've been in the loop since the day I POAS. I also told my sister and a couple close friends. I think we will tell our dads and the rest of our siblings after my first or second ultrasound (at 9 weeks). Then the extended family at 12 weeks and social media around 15 weeks. I really just want to tell everyone now!

24. Mrs. Pickle

@fryxie: what do you think your due date will be?

25. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@fryxie: Congrats and welcome!!

@NovBaby1112: We've been back and forth on this. @Leialou: I want to tell everyone too!!

We were originally going to tell our parents by putting our daughter in a "Big Sister" shirt, but we decided we want to tell them pretty soon so we'll probably do something different. I really want to tell them but when it's so early, I feel weird about a "Big Sister" kind of announcement. Maybe we'll save that for the extended family announcement after we've heard a nice strong heartbeat and seen the little bean on an ultrasound.

For everyone else, I'd like to wait until 12 weeks but I showed pretty early last time and this is baby #2. I'll tell before it gets really obvious.

My current dilemma is I'm a bridesmaid in a wedding in September. I haven't told the bride yet, but I'm feeling like I should probably tell her soon. Definitely before she puts in time picking out dresses. Any thoughts?

26. Mrs. Pickle

@My Only Sunshine: I'd probably tell her. We're going to a wedding out of state in October! My DH will likely be in it. The date isn't set yet so we mentioned it to the couple. We're really close to them so I had no problem asking if they could not chose the first weekend.

27. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@fryxie: how exciting!!! Can wait to hear your DH's reaction!!

@Leialou: that makes sense! Yea I want to tell my family so badly!! I want these next 2 weeks to go by quickly!!

@My Only Sunshine: that's a cute idea with the big sis shirt! I think after our ultrasound we will have LO hold some of the pics and get her on video saying "I'm gonna be a big sister!" Or something like that- and send it to my parents and sisters
    Hmmm yea, I would try to tell the bride soon...but it would be hard to tell her before your fam! Maybe after your first US?

28. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

I've been having all kinds of cramps lately- deep and low and just achy. It worries me a bit, I didn't have any cramps with LO1. But hoping that's normal?

29. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@Leialou: October 17. My husband's birthday is the 22nd! That's one hell of a birthday present.

30. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

So I was planning on joining this thread after I have my second beta tomorrow, but I don't think I can wait anymore. My first beta numbers were great, so I am confirmed pregnant!!! Woohoo!!

Got my first ever on Wednesday (2/4/15)

EDD: Oct 16th, 2015!!!

How far along: 3 weeks, 6 days (according to the IVF calculator) I'm 8dp5dt (8 day past 5 day transfer). Similar to 13DPO.

First child? Yes, it is! Finally after 3 years of TTC!
    Oh, we transfered 2 so there is a chance of multiples in there!

First doctor appointment: The day I got the , I got my beta done (similar to 12 DPO) and it was 213! I have another beta tomorrow (Feb 6th) and then Sunday (Feb 8th). They want me to come in for an ultrasound after Feb 13th. I'm planning on scheduling it Feb 16th.

Any symptoms so far? Symptoms but it could very well be from the daily progesterone shots I take daily. So mid-day/lunch exhaustion/fatigue and super hungry. I always have sore boobs but I feel it a little now. Oh, I had a strong cramp that lasted 30 secs yesterday evening.

Who have you told? Our IVF journey is known to all of my friends on FB and IG. So they knew and saw pictures of my embryos on the day of the transfer (1/28/15). I haven't posted my because I think it might be weird to post a pee test, but I have told my parents, sisters, brother, SIL, best friend and HB users. My DH has told a lot more people... parents, best friends, close friends, uncle/aunt. I was hesitant at first about telling so many people but these people have always had our backs in our IF journey and if something were to happen to this pregnancy they would be there for us. I'll probably make it FB official closer to the 1st trimester. Although, people know from my FB post that I will be testing 2 weeks from the transfer date... so people might start asking.

31. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@bluestriped bee: I am ecstatic for you!!!! Welcome and congrats yay for amazing beta numbers!

32. Mrs. Pickle

@bluestriped bee: yay!

33. Mrs. Pickle

October 2015 Mamas

October 1: daymare
    October 5: novbaby1112
    October 6: leialou
    October 8: littlepumpkins
    October 9: cranberry, renee0106
    October 10: My Only Sunshine
    October 11: belugabean
    October 16: jodyblair, bluestripedbee
    October 17: fryxie

34. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@Leialou: that is crazy to see my name on there.

35. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@bluestriped bee: congratulations!!!!!! I'm so happy for you!!!

as a fellow October Momma who got my baby after we lost our first daughter, I'm so happy for all of you mommies!!!!! My baby is an October 8th baby!!!!

36. Mrs. Pickle

@fryxie: I know what you mean! It's pretty surreal.

37. mrscobee

clementine / 903 posts

@bluestriped bee: stalking this thread... OMG - I am so excited for you!!!!!!!!!! After three years - amazing! Many positive thoughts and prayers coming your way for amazing beta numbers!

38. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@mrscobee: thank you!!

39. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

@NovBaby1112: I've been having lots of cramps too.

@bluestriped bee: Congratulations! We're due date buddies

40. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@bluestriped bee: Yay, congrats and welcome!

It makes me so happy to see these long-awaited babies on this board.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee