Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Moms!

1. Finfan

persimmon / 1436 posts

Thanks for the support, everyone. The nurse just called and told me my hCG level yesterday was only 9 so it is a loss. They want me to go back weekly until my level is below 5 for two weeks.

Best wishes to the rest of you!

2. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@Finfan: I'm sorry for your loss.

3. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@Finfan: oh, no. I'm so so sorry for your loss.

4. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Finfan: I'm so so sorry for your loss

5. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@Finfan: I'm so sorry for your loss.

6. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@Finfan: if there was a dislike button, I'd push it. I'm so sorry.

7. BSB

@My Only Sunshine: @Leialou: DH's best friend is getting married in Boston on Sept 6th and DH is in the wedding. He told his best friend yesterday about the but didn't mention the wedding. I'm leaning towards letting the DH go. Guess we'll have to have that discussion after we have our u/s and see how many babies I have in there. With a Singleton, I might be able to go to the wedding. (It's a Greek wedding and I'm told it's going to be very expensive, so I kinda want to go and experience it. ) lol! With Twins?? I'm not sure.

8. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@bluestriped bee: I am so, so happy for you!

Congrats to all the October mommies! October is a great month to have a baby (both DD and I have October birthdays)!

9. BSB

@My Only Sunshine: @Leialou: Looks like all 3 of us have appt on 2/16! Are we all having u/s? I'll be super early at 5w3d, so I have no idea what I will see. If it's too early for an heartbeat, maybe I'll see one or two sacs? Will I see sacs?

@Leialou: Are you getting excited at the thought of graduating from our fertility clinic?!? I graduate at 12 weeks but I have to start thinking about going back to my OB's office. They might want an u/s at 6-8 weeks. I'll start calling around after my beta tomorrow.

10. BSB

@avivoca: thank you!

11. My Only Sunshine

persimmon / 1129 posts

@bluestriped bee: Yep, I have a 2/16 appointment but it's just a nurse appointment. I think to go over history and physical, do a blood draw, all that jazz. I have my first ultrasound 2/25. That sounds SO far away to me right now. I think I'm going to be anxious and worrying every day until I can feel movement.

I'm not sure what you'd see on an ultrasound that early. Twins would be so exciting!!

12. Mrs. Pickle

@bluestriped bee: I'm having an ultrasound that day. I'll be 6w6d so I hope to see heartbeats! I think you should be able to see the gestational sacs. I actually just had a followup phone call with my long distance RE. He told me not to call my OB until after my second ultrasound and that he'll start weaning me off my meds around week 10. I'm looking forward to that day!

13. Mrs. Pickle

14. BSB

@Leialou: Oh, cool! Do you have your second u/s scheduled yet or will you schedule it after the 16th appt? Thanks for the link, I'll check it out. ETA: Very cool site!

@My Only Sunshine: Oh, cool. Yeah, I'm glad my RE lets me come in and keep me distracted with all these appts. I don't know what I would do with myself. Though, this is my first. Does it get any easier considering this is your second? Or is it all a waiting game for everyone?

15. Mrs. Pickle

@bluestriped bee: I'll schedule it when I go on the 16th. I'm going to try to get in on 3/6.

16. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

I'm going in on 3/5 it will be 6 weeks. I'm so excited bc my dad's birthday is 3/8 and i want to be able to tell him.

17. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

Hi! I had started out in Sept group, but long story short I'm now officially an Oct EDD

EDD: Oct 3rd

How far along: 5w5d

First child? No, I have a 17 month old daughter

First doctor appointment: February 25th...can't come soon enough!

Any symptoms so far? Nausea last weekend....that's subsided so now just exhaustion and bloating at night time.

Who have you told? We've told both sets of parents, our sisters, and my BFF

Looking forward to getting to know you all over these 9 months!

18. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Charm54: hi!! Welcome

19. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

Ugh...woke up at 5am and felt so sick- just threw up and now I can't go back to bed. I have a killer headache that started last night, but I'm not sure what to take for it- Tylenol? I don't even have any in the house so I need to go to the store. Sitting here sipping some coffee in hopes the caffeine helps! If I don't throw it up of course

20. Mrs. Pickle

@NovBaby1112: are you feeling any better? I think Tylenol is all we can take.

21. Mrs. Pickle

@Charm54: welcome!

22. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

23. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@NovBaby1112: LO was diagnosed with a virus on Wednesday. I caught it that day but I've been trying to ride it out. I feel so terrible that I'm going to take Tylenol today so I feel your pain. I hope you feel better soon!

24. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Leialou: feeling much better, thanks...I've been super nauseous in the early morning and evening hours, hoping it doesn't get too bad. working from home today so that helps!

@fryxie: awww how sweet! I love hearing DH's reactions....
    @Leialou: @bluestriped bee: how did your DH's react when you told them??! were they there with you when you POAS?

@BelugaBean: aww hope you and your LO feel better soon! I think it's the beginning of MS for me- I feel fine now though. I didn't have any MS with my daughter, so not sure exactly what to expect. I've been having bad headaches- probably from the change in hormones? Picked up some Tylenol today bc all we had was Advil, and it helped.

25. Mrs. Pickle

@NovBaby1112: DH was home but I didn't tell him I was testing. I ran in the bedroom with the test and showed him. He was happy, but cautious. He didn't get excited until I got my second beta numbers back.

26. BSB

@NovBaby1112: yup, I tested before work and he asked me to wake him up for Monday's and Wednesday's test. It was so cute seeing his eyes light up when I handed him the test! I do have onsies with a superman, batman and Spider-Man logo and for such a long time I wanted to tell the DH we were pregnant that way. My plan was to have a card that said 'will it be a super boy or super girl?" The transfer changed things but this morning I gave him the gift this morning and told him what I had wanted to do. He loves the gift and he might announce it using those onsies, when we are ready. It was really cute, he commented on how tiny the 0-3 month onsie was. Don't think he's seen baby clothes before or not like this.

27. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Leialou: aww that makes sense....my DH was cautious this time too. He said he'll believe it when I get a blood test lol

@bluestriped bee: awww that's so sweet what a cute gift idea!

28. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

What's with all these weddings?? We shave 4 weddings in April and May, one in July, one in August, and one in september! I am my best friend's matron of honor at the end of May. I haven't told her yet, but I don't think she'll be surprised to find out I'm pregnant. My husband is a groomsman in the September wedding and it's out of state. LO was born at 38 weeks and I'll be 36 weeks at the time of the wedding, so I'm not sure how that's going to work out. I guess we'll just have to see!

The nurse from my OB's office called this morning with my test results from the bloodwork I had done on Wednesday. Hcg was 82 and progesterone was 36.2. I was really happy with the progesterone and I'm going back Monday for more bloodwork. I'm really hoping for good results! If all goes well, we're planning on telling our families soon! I ordered a big brother shirt for DS and we plan on telling our families by having him wear it. I'm so excited!

29. cranberry

apricot / 305 posts

Well, I ended up telling my work about my pregnancy before any of my family (except DH). I work for a very small company that is going through a big transition right now and we were trying to decide whether to close up or give it one last go for a few more months. It seemed best to have a very open discussion about where we were all at and what we wanted to do (if the board approves it, I think we are going to give it one last try and then reevaluate in September). But now I'm anxious to tell my family! I'm not sure if I can wait until after my 1st appointment on 2/25. Due to family vacations, I'll either need to do it before Tuesday or wait until 2/28. Hmmm....

30. cranberry

apricot / 305 posts

@jodyblair: Glad to hear Wednesday's bloodwork looked good! And the big brother shirt sounds like a great way to tell family.

My DD just started using crayons, so I used her crayons to draw a picture of her (just a stick figure with hair) with a little stick figure baby and I wrote Big Sister. Then I let DD scribble all over it with yellow crayon and I gave it to DH when he got home from work. I was thinking about just using that same picture to tell my parents and sister.

31. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

Anyone getting the exhaustion yet? This is my first LO and I can't tell if I'm tired because I'm so excited or because there is a tiny human inside of me!

32. Mrs. Pickle

@fryxie: Yep! I've napped almost everyday after work for about 90 minutes. I just woke up from today's nap.

33. babybronco

cherry / 126 posts

@Leialou: My friend (the only one other than y'all and my DH that knows since we found out YESTERDAY) warned me this was going to happen.
    I also have ZERO desire to work today and trying to get my hands on every book ever written on being pregnant. Looks like I might have to travel to TX at 10 weeks for a conference, we'll see if I can stay awake.

34. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

EDD: 10/13

How far along: 4w3d

First child? Yes

First doctor appointment: Has several betas with the RE already (14, 47, 125, 312)

Any symptoms so far? Tired, but I'm always tired. Today I feel defeated and super emotional (way more than usual) about work.

Who have you told? HB, DH, BFF who knew we were struggling and trying

Still praying that this baby sticks - going away Monday for 3 weeks for work and the RE said I will have an ultrasound first week of March when I'm back.

35. Mrs. Pickle

@babycanuck: I'm glad you joined us here! It's exciting to have so many IF grads on the same due date board. I'm praying we all have sticky babies.

36. Mrs. Pickle

October 2015 Mamas

October 1: daymare
    October 3: charm54
    October 5: novbaby1112
    October 6: leialou
    October 8: littlepumpkins
    October 9: cranberry, renee0106
    October 10: My Only Sunshine
    October 11: belugabean
    October 13: babycanuck
    October 16: jodyblair, bluestripedbee
    October 17: fryxie

37. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@babycanuck: yay! Congrats !!

@fryxie: I am So.Effing.Exhausted - last pregnancy it was pretty much my only first tri symptom. This time it's much harder with a toddler running around. Dh leaves tomorrow for Australia for two weeks so I'll be flying solo. Uggghhhh

38. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@jodyblair: great numbers! Yay!

@fryxie: no exhaustion yet (knock on wood). But I do go to bed early

@babycanuck: yay congrats!!! so happy to see you on here

39. BSB

Oh, I forgot to update this thread.

So got my 2nd beta results at 9dp5dt (similar to 14 dPO) and it went from 213 to 584 today!! Woohoo! Continue to grow little one(s)! 3rd beta is on Sunday and first ultrasound on Feb 16th at 5w3d.

40. BSB

@jodyblair: There are a lot of weddings. Though May-Sept are the most popular months to have a wedding. Maybe it's because of when we are due, we kinda have to decide if we can attend them or not. Yeah, tricky.

@fryxie: I can't tell. I have been knocked out cold on the vanpool trips home from work. I'm a light sleeper but I've been out during the PM commute. As for other exhaustion, I am on progesterone which makes me tired but I don't know how much of it is pregnancy only related. I have been falling asleep on the couch but I was doing that every other day before getting pregnant.

@babycanuck: Welcome! Yay!! You're the third IFer for this month! Such a special month!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee