Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Postpartum Chat

1. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

I feel like I am so behind on this!

Baby
    How old is your LO? 8 weeks old tomorrow.
    Weight: 9lbs 11oz at 1 month
    Height: I think 21.5 inches at 1 month? I know she was 74th percentile.
    Most recent milestone: SHe is starting to lift her head more during tummy time. And so smiley now!
    What is LO working on now? Working on better head control, and she does this little wheezy laugh that I hope is the precursor to a real laugh!
    What does your schedule look like? Ehh...not much of one.DD is up between 6:45 ane 7:30, depending on whether LO1 wakes her up. She is up for 1hour-1hour15 miutes, and then naps again, for anywhere from 45 min to 2 hours. She eats when she wakes up from naps. I try to put her to "bed" around 8/8:30, and she does a 5-6 hour stretch from there. And then usually another 4 hour stretch.
    LO's personality right now: So sweet and so relaxed! We keep saying she's such a polite baby because she rarely cries hard unless her nursing sessions are interuppted.
    You
    Are you recovered from birth? Yep had my post partum visit and everything is good.
    How is your postpartum body? Not good...I'm 8lbs over pre preg weight as of today, but I still can't really fit into pre preg pants--they're too tight on the hips and i Have like a frontal muffin top where my upper abs are just not as tight. It is actaully really depressing for me--I hate feeling so schlumpy every day but refuse to buy bigger pants because I don't want to get comfortable at this size. I just don't get it--I was 8lbs up from pre preg with LO1 at 6 wks post partum, but all my clothes fit. I think my hips are also just wider this time around. And @BelugaBean: I hear you on the bra situation I need to get remeasured.
    How are you feeling mentally? Ok besides weight issues, we have good days and bad days with two kids at home, mainly due to LO1! I also have guilt that I feel like DD does not get enough attention or stimulation because LO1' schedule takes priority.
    Are you back at work? No I SAH.
    Are you getting any me time? Showers by myself, and I went to the dentist by myself yesterday!
    What are you looking forward to in the near future? DD sitting up and being more interactive.

2. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@BelugaBean: I would love to, but no time. Ideally I'd fit it in at lunch when I go back to work, but I'll be pumping 3x a day so I can't imagine I'll have time there is a dance class i plan on starting to go to on Friday nights at least though.

3. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@BelugaBean: I am trying...right now I'm going to the gym in our building twice a week while LO is at preschool--I bring DD and she sleeps in the stroller while I run for 20 min. I know she won't be content to just sit there forever so trying to get as many workouts in as I can while I can. I am so out of shape though--can barely run a mile!

4. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BelugaBean: I'm finally cleared to do everything as of yesterday at 6 weeks but I'm still super tired so finding energy to work out will be interesting. Lo and I try to at least go for a walk every day. I'd like to get rid of my kangaroo pouch at some point tho....

5. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

I'm way late but oh well!

Baby
    How old is your LO? 2 months/10 weeks
    Weight: 13lbs1oz at 2 month checkup
    Height: 24” at last checkup
    Most recent milestone: Smiling and this little giggle.. not a real giggle yet but this half-giggle. It’s adorable! Also getting a little better with head control.
    What is LO working on now? Wanting to suck his thumb but getting his whole hand instead.
    What does your schedule look like? Schedule? What’s that? He sleeps at roughly 9pm, sometimes as early as 730, but gets up a lot in the beginning of the night. By 11 he’s usually down for his longer stretch, wakes every 2-4 hours for bottles but sometimes as long as 5 hours and gets up but falls back asleep with a paci in between.
    LO's personality right now: Laid back. Even his cry isn’t that loud. He “talks” a lot but is mostly happy!
    You
    Are you recovered from birth? Yes but I sometimes get this sharp pain. It’s possibly a pinched nerve, I had last year but it’s not so bad. Mostly yes. Still too scared to have sex but soon.
    How is your postpartum body? Blah. Extra skin. A good 10 lbs or so to lose til I’m at my ideal weight. I actually managed to gain a couple in the past month because I eat dairy now!
    How are you feeling mentally? Good! Dh is still home so I have help though. Nervous about getting back to real life in January.
    Are you back at work? I was a sahm, going to look for work after our trip. Or be completing my certificate so >ft school. Pretty much ready but I will miss the kids of course! I’m more nervous about dh’s schedule since he will probably be back on nights and it’s very unpredictable and physically tough on him.
    Are you getting any me time? I get a few minutes here and there. I don’t count showers. I try to get ready as quick as possible! I pick up starbucks after dropping dd off at school (and ds is home with dh.) Today I might actually go get my eyebrows done before our trip. Truthfully I feel like time with just the newborn is *usually* easy time. We’ve gone out to breakfast, doctor visits, etc., easy peasy. He isusually soothable even when he fusses. It’s when we have both of them that things can get hectic!
    What are you looking forward to in the near future? We leave for our trip this week and are gone for a few weeks!! Looking forward to ds rolling and hitting the next milestones and of course, sttn! Last night was one of the best nights, if not the best night ever, with him doing a 5 hour stretch, feeding, and another 4.5 hour stretch. I could get used to that!

6. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

Holy crap, I'm behind! We went to Disneyland this week and it was crazy, but ultimately fun. I feel like I'm going to be catching up on sleep for the next two weeks from it though!

Baby
    How old is your LO? 6 weeks +/- a couple days
    Weight:9.5 lbs at her 1 month appt
    Height: 21 in (they have been ALL over the place measuring her... i won't guess on her height curve for a while.)
    Most recent milestone:
    What is LO working on now? um... staying awake being happy, maybe smiling?
    What does your schedule look like? gets up with DD around 7 am, sleeps whenever she can (awake times no more than an hour!) and likes to be asleep around 6:30/7 and then she wakes again about an hour later, i nurse her and she's back down for a few hours. no long stretches at night yet, 3-4 hours, sometimes sooner.
    LO's personality right now: TBD
    You
    Are you recovered from birth? yep
    How is your postpartum body? soft!
    How are you feeling mentally? tired. stretched. discombobulated.
    Are you back at work? not really. finished up the wedding i shot 2 weeks before DD2 was born. have some prints to send out, but no new shoots until april!
    Are you getting any me time? ha.
    What are you looking forward to in the near future? girls dinner with my BFFs for christmas this weekend.

@hellobeeboston: the nurses are the worst at measuring my kid. i'm not convinced of her "height" at any point. she's gone from 37th percentile, to 80th to 40th and back again! i'm going to be gone for a girls dinner for 4 hours or so and hoping she'll remember taking a bottle in the nicu. she hasn't had one since!

@NovBaby1112: glad you got ahead of your anxiety. hope you're feeling better soon!

@Willow: that's a nice chunk of sleep! i would kill for that even once right now!

@MamaBear87: i'm squeezing myself into a pair of jeans from PP and finally got my "fat jeans" from my parents house that i had stored with my maternity stuff. no other pants fit.

@Charm54: eff. i'm officially in awe of your sleep! lucky!

@jodyblair: i try to time the naps accordingly, but DD2 sleeps longest when i wear her, so i usually just throw her in the solly, so i get some zoning out time during DD1's nap.

@BelugaBean: i'm definitely bad at the routine this time around. i do feed her after she wakes up (a la EASY routine) but i don't pay attention as much to how long it's been since she's fed, so i feel like maybe i'm not tanking her up as much during the day as i did with DD1?

@renee0106: ah, i can't wait for smiles and laughs! bummer you had to go back to work so soon!

@hilsy85: it is depressing that i am looking forward to my solo eye appointment tomorrow? ha. also, feel you on the weight/body changes. brought out my "fat jeans" from my parents house to get me through. haven't tried them on yet, but if they don't fit, i don't know what to do! i literally have one pair of jeans that fit right now and that's a pair that barely fit!

@2littlepumpkins: i'm looking forward to a little more consistency with the wake ups as well. just when i think something is nailed down, she does the opposite. guess i'll never learn with these kids!

7. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

Omg you guys I am about to die from lack of sleep! DS is officially addicted to his paci and has been waking up every 1-2 hours all night long if it comes out. I know he's not hungry bc he will only drink a half ounce if I offer. Any advice?? I feel like I can't take it away yet- it's really his only comfort object since he doesn't nurse and won't be rocked to sleep or anything.

8. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: eek that is hard. can you use a wubbanub to help keep it in his mouth?

@2littlepumpkins: totally agree that the newborn is generally the easy one!!

@birdofafeather: how is DD1 adjusting to little sis?

9. renee0106

cherry / 197 posts

How much tummy time a day are your LO's getting?

I'm worried I'm not giving him enough time on his stomach because he really doesn't like it.

10. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@renee0106: does he like to lay on his belly on you? That counts as tummy time! I put LO down on his belly once a day, but he often rolls onto his back anyway. He likes to be held on his belly and likes to be worn in the bjorn, so I figure that counts.

11. renee0106

cherry / 197 posts

@hellobeeboston: Yeah I guess when he burps he's on my chest on his belly and then sometimes he falls asleep afterwards before I lay him down to sleep. Ok good, I didn't realize that would count as tummy time! Thanks!

12. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@renee0106: not nearly enough as he should! He doesn't do tummy time, he literally just lays there with his head on the ground not even trying to move lol.

13. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: we are using the wubbanub! It's getting better but I'm looking forward to not playing replace the paci game anymore

14. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@renee0106: DD gets a ton of tummy time, but she loves it though. When she's fussy I can put her down on her stomach and it makes her happy. If she hated it I wouldn't put her down as much. I wouldn't worry about it! I've read on here that there's new studies that say tummy time isn't as important as we think.

15. Mrs. Pickle

Is everyone ready for baby's first Christmas? I'm hoping DD gives us a laugh for the first time. She's getting close to giggling at my mom.

16. renee0106

cherry / 197 posts

@NovBaby1112: oh good, thats pretty much what ds does too.

@Mrs.Pickle: good to know, that makes me feel better.

I think I definitely worry too much

17. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@renee0106: I was worried about not giving enough tummy time. Maybe because I went to a baby expo and they were talking about how tummy time helps prevent SIDS, so I came home thinking that more tummy time is better. They do hate it, though. They cry through most of it.

In other news, DS has flipped from tummy to back a few times. Sadly, I haven't seen it yet. DD has not, yet. I wonder if DD using a RnP to sleep versus DS sleeps in his crib has anything to do with it.

18. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@renee0106: my doctor said we shoudl be doing it 4x a day for like 5-10 minutes I think. We do it maybe twice a day--she doesn't mind it much, which makes it easier. If she hated it, I would do it less for sure.

@Mrs. Pickle: aw cute!! I think we are still a bit away from a true laugh, but DD is SO smiley, I love it.

19. BSB

hostess / wonderful apple seed / 16729 posts

@hilsy85: I think we do tummy time about twice a day. Some days it's more because I come home and I want to see it. Of course, DS doesn't turn over for me.

20. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

We both try to do tummy time with her a few times a day because she doesn't mind it. She does have a flat spot though that we have to go to physical therapy for. It was there at a month and it hasn't gotten better. She doesn't tend to turn her head in the other direction (even if she's on her tummy) so our pediatrician wants them to check her neck and head and do some exercises to even everything out.

21. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

We've been doing tummy time several times a day but ds hates it. He has a flat head though and he needs to get used to it because although we are getting the doc band he will get it off in two months and we don't want him to fall back into having a flat head all over again. His muscles are still good so that's a little better than big sis.

My daughter is running a fever (my guess is from trips to a VERY crowded mall and her grabbing at things and even putting a shoe on her face/mouth, yuck) and I'm hoping ds isn't sick for his first Xmas. They were sick with colds over thanksgiving weekend. And dd started coming down with a cold on Halloween too. I guess that's just been the spacing of illnesses and holidays. Dd spent her first Xmas in urgent care because of what turned out to be clogged tear ducts. Fingers crossed!

22. hellobeeboston

honeydew / 7235 posts

@bluestriped bee: my LO sleeps in a RnP and flips tummy to back so probably doesn't have to do with crib!

@2littlepumpkins: oh no! Fingers crossed!! I hope your daughter feels better fast!

23. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@renee0106: I've been trying to do more because Js head is so flat. She's getting better but she still isn't a huge fan. I'm trying not to stress about it too much because I went through the same thing with Dd1. She eventually loved tummy time when she was old enough to roll on her belly herself.

@Mrs. Pickle: that is so sweet!! i love this age when their little personalities are starting to develop. J is cooing at us back and forth and it melts my heart

@BelugaBean: we are doing exercises with J too - her head turns left 98% of the time. My SIl is a physio so she had some good suggestions to help her turn right. I feel like I'm talking about Zoolander LOL

@2littlepumpkins: oh no!!! I hope she feels better soon and everyone else stays healthy!

Merry Christmas everyone! We've got a full house here and I just love it. Mrs Claus came last night with pajamas for the girls so I'm just waiting for DD1 to wake up and realize. Can't wait to see them in their matching PJs, matching dresses, matching everything

24. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

Happy New Year's Eve mamas! Hope everyone is doing well!! Any fun plans? We are just staying in and I'm guessing we'll be asleep before midnight

I can't believe C will be 3 months soon! I go back to work next week I am soooo dreading it! Luckily my boss is letting me work 9-2 for a few months to transition him and I'm working from home 2 days per week as well so that'll be nice. Poor C has a bad cold- cough, runny nose, etc, so he has been miserable lately. Hoping he's better by Monday!

He's been so much more aware of everything lately, it's so fun to watch him turn from a blob to a little person lol. He's getting better head and neck control and laughs at his big sister all the time....sleep has been meh lately- between the cold and the 12 week growth spurt, the last 2 weeks haven't been good!

25. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@NovBaby1112: Pretty much the same with plans! We're going to have appetizers once LO1 goes to bed and attempt to make it to midnight.

We actually had to take LO1 to urgent care yesterday. She had a fever of 103 and was very lethargic. Her pediatrician had no appointments open and they were worried about her being dehydrated anyway. DH came home and took her. She ended up with a chest x-ray to rule of pneumonia. They said she has an upper respiratory virus and it just has to run its course. I've had a headache today and LO2 is very congested today so I think it's going to run through all of us.

LO2 also has her first physical therapy appointment next Friday so hopefully that goes well!

26. renee0106

cherry / 197 posts

@NovBaby1112: @BelugaBean: Same with our plans! DH wanted to go out, but I talked him out of it and we're staying home. DH is still adjusting to life with a baby now and is not always thinking how things are different with LO. I'm sure we'll be able to go out on New Years again some time, but this year it's just not in the cards.

27. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@BelugaBean: good luck with the physical therapy & keep us posted!

@NovBaby1112: @BelugaBean: @renee0106: no New Years plans here either! So not worth it especially with my grumpy three year old.

My three year old has started saying "my neck hurts!" Or "my chest hurts!" and getting car sick basically all the time. It's driving me insane. We can't go anywhere around here because there's traffic everywhere and she's constantly whining about being in the car. And then it gives me anxiety about whether she's getting sick since she seems to do that a lot lately. Plus waking up every day with snot pouring out of her nose because of something she and I seem to be allergic to around here. Ugh. And the newborns sleep has not been great (though I guess could be worse) except for a fluke eight hours on Xmas when it was pouring outside. Last night we did one arm out of the swaddle and he did fine with that, which was very surprising to me- I feel like he was still just born!

28. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@BelugaBean: poor LO! Hope she feels better soon! I hate cold season...

@2littlepumpkins: oh man that sounds rough! Hmm I'm not sure what would help her in the car- does eating or drinking something help? Or maybe watching something on iPad?

@renee0106: yea ever since LO1, we haven't been out on New Years...I much prefer staying in or doing something low key now!

29. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@hilsy85: she loves her, but we're starting to see some jealousy/attention getting behavior. i think part of it is sickness (she's had a runny nose/cough for 3 weeks and now fever). i hope that once S isn't so needy (can sit on her own, etc) then i can even out the attention.

@NovBaby1112: wubbanubs have been lifesavers! DD2 likes pacis (DD1 never took them!) and we bought 3 wubbanubs because they do their job of keeping the thing in!

@NovBaby1112: i did a noon year's eve countdown. we were going to have a bunch of moms and kids over, but the fever was still around last night, so i had to cancel. DH is working, so i'm just going to be packing for our yosemite trip tomorrow and trying to get to sleep early!

@BelugaBean: ugh, DD1's fever has come and gone around 101, but no lethargy. i'm pushing immunity boosters every which way i can for all of us and praying DD2 doesn't catch anything.

@2littlepumpkins: we have a car sick toddler as well... and a long windy car ride ahead of us tomorrow. we'll be covering her with a towel and probably giving her kids Dramamine. no ipad/reading during the windy parts because when she looks up, she gets sick.

30. Mrs. Pickle

We're going good here. DD is 12 weeks old now. I can hardly believe it! She's still a happy and easy going baby. She loves to be upright and only gets upset if she's put down on her back.

I'm starting to think about transitioning her from the RNP to her crib. I'm scared to mess up a good thing! She sleeps so well right now.

@NovBaby1112: Happy New Year! We stayed in and stayed awake until midnight. Of course I was kicking myself this morning because DD woke up for the day earlier than normal! I hope C feels better soon.

@BelugaBean: that sounds horrible. I hope y'all all don't get sick.

@renee0106: I haven't gone out for New Years in a long time!

31. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

Things are going well over here too! She isn't nearly as fussy anymore and is starting to develop into a little routine. Naps 10-11, 1-3, and a cat nap around 5. Then she goes down around 7:30 and sleeps straight through until 7:30 the next morning ! I know how lucky I am. She's still in her bassinet but I will have to move her to her crib soon since she is getting pretty tall for it. She loves to be bundled up tight in her swaddle.

I can't believe she's 3 months (today!). I feel like time has flown. She loves kicking on her playmat, smiling at her big sister. She gives the biggest belly laughs for our dog, it's hilarious.

Happy New Year everyone !!

@NovBaby1112: good luck back to work... I'm sure it will be an adjustment but it sounds like your boss is pretty accommodating!

@BelugaBean: oh no!! That must have been scary . Hope she is feeling all better.

32. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

Happy new year! I feel super behind. LO is doing so well. It's crazy watching her become a little person! She sleeps well and is generally pretty happy. Love being a mom.

Finally took our tree down this morning. I can't belive were already to the new year. Time has flown!

33. babycanuck

pomegranate / 3105 posts

OLA! It's been forever since I posted...forever since I actually touched my computer for that matter.

Baby
    How old is your LO? 2.5 months
    Weight: birth - 8 lb 1 oz, 1 mth - 5.5 kg, today (late 2 month checkup) - 6.6 kg
    Height: birth - 54 cm, 1 mth - 58 cm, today - 63 cm
    Most recent milestone: giggling!
    What is LO working on now? whatever happens happens...BF from both sides so he goes longer than every 2 hours
    What does your schedule look like? up betwee, 730-8 am, 9 am nap for 45 mins, fighting sleep all day with cat naps (momma is tired), bed by 9 pm. Feeds every two hours
    LO's personality right now: So happy and goofy!!

You
    Are you recovered from birth? For the most part, It affected my anxiety - panic attacks are felt more in the area of c section.
    How is your postpartum body? better than before I got pregnant!!! I've lost a lot of weight
    How are you feeling mentally? Good now just tired...month one was H-A-R-D
    Are you back at work? no we get a full year
    Are you getting any me time? no but I don't want any yet. I want to be with him all the time
    What are you looking forward to in the near future? Swimming with my little guy!!

34. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

Thought I would update on the physical therapy. Her diagonal difference is 13mm, which when I looked it up looks to be on the low end of severe? They seemed to think we were on a good path to fixing it though. She gave us guidelines to follow and exercises to do at home and she goes back February 5. She said they want her diagonal difference around 4-5mm so that's our goal! She also said they'll do anything they can to avoid a helmet.

Hope everyone is doing well!

35. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@NovBaby1112: I always thought looking down at things like an ipad make it worse? Idk. She is on day eight of croup right now and still has a low grade fever. I took her on a brief errand yesterday and when we got back in the car she started coughing and gagging and complaining about the carseat before we even finished getting bucked in. She wasn't always this bad. I wonder if I ought to get an appointment with her ped.

36. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@BelugaBean: I don't know what ds' measurements exactly are, but they gave us a "cephalic index" for proportionality where normal is 75-80 and his is 93... I'm not sure if it's worse or better since coming on this trip that we're on! But that's the high end of moderate. Thankfully his asymmetry measurements were on the mild part of the scale. We have been holding him more and he doesn't even have a swing here (so the past few weeks!) and yet his head is still looking pretty flat. So frustrating!

37. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@birdofafeather: How'd your long ride go?

38. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@2littlepumpkins: For LO's head, she actually told me she needs more pressure on the right side than anything else because they need to even out! It's all so new to me because our oldest didn't have any issues with it!

39. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@2littlepumpkins: I hope she feels better soon!! Croup is awful and that's a long time to be sick.

LO1 is sick too--constant cough that had me and him up from 12-330am and then up for the day at 530 I am trying to keep dd away from him but poor baby got woken up by all the coughing as well. I have no idea how they will ever share a room, dd is such a light sleeper.

40. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@2littlepumpkins: @BelugaBean: I hope the treatment works quickly! Are they both getting helmets? I have some xonxerns about dds head being flat in back, need to bring it up at her 3 m appt.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee