Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2015 Postpartum Chat

1. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@BelugaBean: our oldest was flat headed too but I didn't worry so much because with girls it's easier to cover up! And the neurologist our HMO made us see for approval for he helmet didn't think it'd help, he thought it was genetic. I remember we had to do stretches and stuff because her muscles were affected a little. I don't remember them doing anything with pressure though? What does that look like?

@hilsy85: dd's fever has been going down, and last night it seemed ok so I'm hoping is totally gone today. On this trip she missed a whole hotel stay and yesterday told me "I'm so excited for the hotel!" because we were staying by the beach and she loves the beach. But yesterday was supposed to be our checkout day and we only stayed one day because she was sick (at my parents house now.) I didn't know what to say. Dh and I agreed to change our flight since he doesn't have to be at work yet and we missed seeing my family a lot because they were also at the hotel for an event but we have been cooped up at my parents house. And she had a fever a couple days before Xmas too. Poor kid. She's usually not even this sick when in preschool and this was supposed to be our break from getting preschool colds. And I don't think Beluga's lo is getting a helmet at this point but mine is. It's so flat!

2. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@2littlepumpkins: We just have to lay her on her right side a lot and emphasize sleeping facing to the right. Her flat spot is on the back left so she said it's pushing everything forward. Putting pressure on the right will even it out.

Related to all of that, my mom has not been very supportive. She said she knows someone who went and it just cost a lot. She claims it fixed itself, although I asked how she could know 100% without them doing the evaluations. So she's convinced they're just trying to scam me even though our pediatrician is the one who referred us and even though she's technically in the severe range.

3. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@2littlepumpkins: DS also has a flat spot on the back of his head, but at his 2 month appt his pedi wasn't concerned at all, but I was nervous. It's since gotten much better bc now DS sleeps on his side and belly for naps, and I got a noggin nest thingy for his car seat and swing which helped.

@BelugaBean: hope the physical therapy helps and you can avoid a helmet!

@Charm54: OMG you are so lucky, what a good sleeper!!

Question- is anyone's also in their own room yet? I'm thinking about switching C soon. We both aren't getting quality sleep and I'm thinking it might help? For instance, I wake up to every noise, so if I hear him starting to stir, I just lay there waiting for him to wake up, but hours can go by before he does. So I end up just feeling him so I can go back to sleep and I don't even know if he wants to be fed.

4. Mrs. Pickle

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21628 posts

@NovBaby1112: DD has been in her room since she was 6 weeks old. She grunts in her sleep so I don't go in to feed her until I see her eyes open. Once we moved her she went from waking up every hour or so to every 3-4 hours, and now just once.

ETA: I sleep a lot better with her in her own room. I would wake up and watch her sleep before.

5. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@NovBaby1112: We're thinking of moving her this coming weekend and moving bedtime up. She slept 9.5 hours straight last night so I think we can handle it now.

6. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: I'm hoping it helps! I feel like we are both waking each other up...going to try it tonight eek!

@BelugaBean: that's awesome! Hope the transition goes smoothly for you too...DS only eats once overnight but he wakes up, grunts, makes noises all throughout the night and it's driving me crazy!

7. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@NovBaby1112: Yes, she's a much noisier sleeper than DD1 was! She actually woke me up this morning so I went ahead and pumped and she still hadn't woken up when I was done. It would probably benefit both of us to have her in her room!

8. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@2littlepumpkins: kids dramamine seemed to do the trick! she complained her stomach hurt and she had to throw up, so we stopped once, but she never threw up. so thankful because cleaning out her car seat is hard!

@hilsy85: DD2 is also a lightish sleeper. R keeps waking her up!

DD1 was sick for a month, then DH got sick, then I got sick, and now the baby has congestion. DH actually called out of work today to stay home with me because i was/am feverish. all this after we threw DD1 her 3rd birthday party at our house yesterday. Probably from lack of sleep and stress. Boo.

@NovBaby1112: she's still in our room. i combatted the noise issue by moving the rnp to the foot of our bed. she started doing a longer stretch from about 7-3 with a dream feed. the problem is that she still doesn't settle super easy in the night. so that one feed can be 10 minutes with 45 of settling her. i don't want to do that in another room and i was hoping to have DD1 and DD2 share by 6 months. so we'll see.

we found out we have to move out of our rental house at the end of the month. we were hoping to stay here and go month to month until we are ready to buy, but our landlords want to move back into their house, so we're going to an apartment complex that offers a lot of flexibility on leases. not ideal at all, but it will save us a couple hundred a month and hopefully get us into our own house sooner!

9. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@NovBaby1112: I would love to put C in the same room with L, but I worry tht he would wake her up. I was thinking about starting them off in the same room and then bringing her into our room at her first waking (she wakes 1-2x a night). Maybe next week when none of us are sick-I am starting to feel crappy and achy now, prob caught LO1's cold

@birdofafeather: exciting that you're moving to a new place, but also stressful I"m sure with two kids, and it happening so unexpectedly. ugh I"m sorry you feel sick too--winter is the worst

10. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@NovBaby1112: we are moving at the end of the month. (Yay! Haha not really. I hate packing.) So we will probably move her into her own room when we move, but it will depend, right now she's still waking at least once to eat so I'm lazy and don't really want to leave bed to feed her.

@birdofafeather: sucks you have to move! Packing with a babe is so much harder!

I'm pretty sure the answer is yes but has anyone else gotten their period back already? Lol I just want some commeseration. So not fair that mine came back last night when I'm still breastfeeding what feels like constantly sometimes

11. Mrs. Pickle

@NovBaby1112: how did the move go?

@MamaBear87: ugh, not AF! I haven't gotten it back yet. I'm definitely not looking forward to it.

12. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@MamaBear87: I'm pumping so it doesn't delay it as much as breastfeeding. I got my period back at the beginning of December, had mirena inserted in mid-December and everything is just now starting to taper off. Not to mention my postpartum bleeding kind of led into my period so I'm so ready for this to be done for even a week!

13. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@BelugaBean: no fun! And I thought I had it rough with only 3 weeks since my pp bleeding stopped

14. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@MamaBear87: Ack, crappy! Haven't gotten mine either. I have forgotten what it is like to have a period...haha!

Can't believe how much my baby has grown already!

It's pretty cold here some days so I don't get out for walks really because I'd have to bundle her up a lot. I will be excited when spring comes, but that is going to be a few months at least before it will be warm enough.

15. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@MamaBear87: I got my period back at like 5 weeks PP this time, no fun!! Also got it back early the first time too and was breastfeeding every 2 hours!

@Mrs. Pickle: it's been going great! I'm so happy we did it, both of us are sleeping so much better and I'm not waking up to every little noise. I think we were both disturbing each others sleep.

@BelugaBean: how's pumping going?? I finally dropped the MOTN pump a few weeks ago which was awesome. So I'm only pumping 5-6 times a day now. Not too bad

We've had so many issues with DSs poop and potential allergies it's driving me crazy but I'm hoping things are looking up.

I've eliminated dairy, soy, gluten, egg, and beef....and his poop is looking so much better so I'm hopeful that is all I have to eliminate! It's so much work but I'm stubbornly sticking through it bc the hypoallergenic formula is crazy expensive and he doesn't even like the taste.

16. BelugaBean

pomegranate / 3516 posts

@NovBaby1112: That's about where I'm at too. I've done a pump around 10/10:30 the past few nights and I'll either pump at 6:30 or when she gets up (which was around 4:30 last night). So nice to get more sleep! Then I pump about four times during the day, sometimes 3, so I'm also at 5-6 times a day. It seems so freeing compared to where I was a month or two ago!

17. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@BelugaBean: My dad thiconsidering a big move but want to move out of our curnks it's silly too, but he's not really against it either. He doesn't get it because when we were kids we slept on our bellies. We have tried positioning on both of our kids with no luck but it's supposed to work! We ended up staying out of town til the 19th so now we have to push back our appointment with the helmet place.

@birdofafeather: When it rains it pours huh! Hope you're all better asap and the housing situation is sorted our with not too much stress. We are rent place to save money but if we move we wouldn't be able to complete a whole lease. So we aren't sure what we're gonna do either..

Dd ended up having a fever for 9 days, right up until our trip was supposed to end. So we extended it, because thankfully dh had a little longer left on paternity leave. My classes started and I'm doing most of it online but missing the first week for two of the them. Need to get these classes done because if we move I won't be able to take any more on ground and I'll be working for family in the field having to hit the ground running. Of course that wouldn't likely be til fall so most likely I'll work a little before moving too.

Ds won't be out of our room for awhile, I think, since the kids will room share and he still generally sleeps four to six hours as his longest stretch. We have a loft we can utilize but I don't know how comfortable I am with that. We'll see! Thankfully ds hasn't been that tough to sleep in the same room with. I had a lot of trouble sleeping with dd in our room. Ds is much quieter!

18. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@MamaBear87: Yup. But I'm not breastfeeding! I was supposed to get my mirena then but I was out of town so I think I have to wait for the next one.

19. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: am I remembering correctly that you bought a tula? Have you used it yet? Do you like it? I'm trying to decide what carrier to get as lo loves to be worn but the wrap takes forever and is getting less useful as she gets heavier. Might just wait til we get to Phoenix and borrow some from bwi but might get impatient and buy something!

Also just wanted to say I've been crazy trying to figure out being a mommy but I love that I can come here and ask random questions!

20. Mrs. Pickle

@MamaBear87: I actually bought a Lillebaby. I thought I wanted a Tula, but when I went to the store I ended up buying the Lille. It's easy to get on and off alone. I'm really glad I ended up getting the Lille because DD is getting fussy with facing in and I can safely wear her facing out.

21. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@MamaBear87: no AF here...didn't get it back til 8 months pp with LO1, so hoping for something similar!

@NovBaby1112: oh my gosh poor guy and poor you! are those intolerences something he would outgrow by 1? or indicative of allergies?
    @MamaBear87: we are using a beco gemini and I love it!! So easy and no infant insert necessary.

22. MamaBear87

nectarine / 2288 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: oh the lille babies are super cute too. Is it also comfy for you as she gets bigger?

23. Mrs. Pickle

@MamaBear87: yes it is! She's about 14 pounds now and it's still as comfy as it was when she was tiny. It's got great lumbar support.

24. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

@Mrs. Pickle: jealous! Still using ring sling here but thinking I'll start using ergo soon. I have it from dd but it's the classic so no forward facing even though ds loves being carried around like that!

25. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@hilsy85: from what his dr said and what I've read online, it's mostly an intolerance to the proteins in those things, and he likely will outgrow it by 6 month to a year, hopefully. It's been a trial and error with what I've been eating, and so stressful wondering what has been causing his increasingly mucousy blood streaked poop, but I think cutting all of those things is def helping! He doesn't seem affected by it which is good, but it's been hard on me! I miss food lol

26. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@MamaBear87: I bought a Tula. I borrowed a wrap from someone and used when she was smaller and she would sleep a lot in there while I was at dinners both in and out of the house, but it feels very flimsy now that she weighs more. I like my Tula a lot. I would consider a carrier that has the ability for the baby to face in and out in case they prefer one way over the other. I will try a hip carry with my wrap when she is bigger and can support herself more. She's up around 13.5 pounds and it is way more comfortable to wear her in that than carry her in my arms because she's getting heavy!

27. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@NovBaby1112: good on you for being so good with the elimination of foods!

28. 2littlepumpkins

grapefruit / 4455 posts

Omg ladies, looks like lo is cutting his first tooth! Not ready for this and he is not happy! 😭😭😭

29. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@2littlepumpkins: omg eeek! I'm def not ready for that either! Can you see it?

30. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Mrs. Goose: haha, I'm getting used to it now!

31. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@2littlepumpkins: crazy! I am so unprepared for teeth.

I just had the craziest non-sleep day. She slept a total of 1.5 hours all day from wake up until 8 pm tonight when I finally got her to sleep. I hope she sleeps for a longer stretch now that it's night time...

32. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@Mrs. Goose: yikes! that would stress me out!

33. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@birdofafeather: it was stressful! And my hubby is back to being out of town for work all week for the next few weeks so I am solo. He had a few weeks off when she was born which was nice for my recovery. Hopefully she resets in sleep today. She slept 8-6, woke up to eat a bit and then slept a bit more until 8:15.

What time are people putting their babes to bed? I had been starting to get her ready for bed at 8 and she is usually asleep by 8:15-8:45 for the last two weeks. Last night I started at 7:15 because of the no sleep day we had.

34. renee0106

cherry / 197 posts

@2littlepumpkins: So is my LO! I can see it on top, but it hasn't popped through the gums yet. He's drooling like crazy though.

@Mrs. Goose: We start getting him ready for bed at 7 and he's usually sleeping by 745 or 8. Even when we keep him up later he doesn't sleep any later in the morning, so I just figured this is when he wants to go to bed.

35. hilsy85

squash / 13764 posts

@Mrs. Goose: glad she at least slept well! DD is usually asleep by 7, 7:15. We start bedtime around 6:45/7, depending on when LO1 is in bed.

We are flying with DD this weekend for the first time--any tips from mamas who have done it already?

36. birdofafeather

pineapple / 12053 posts

@Mrs. Goose: i've been aiming for 7ish bedtime because DD1 goes to sleep around 8. so if i can get DD2 down while DD1 bathes or unwinds after dinner, then it's a win! but it's still variable because we've all been sick!

@hilsy85: so now we DON'T have to move! we can stay month to month at our place until june, so the pressure is on for us to find a place we want to buy before then! basically the homeowners had a lease they couldn't break and dropped our rent by $500/mo in desperation to keep us on! so we save a bunch of money and we don't have to move! WIN!

37. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

@Mrs. Goose: oh wow! at least she slept great overnight!! I put LO1 to bed around 6:30, and then start getting DS ready for bed right after her, so by 7pm he is usually asleep.

@hilsy85: good luck! DS was younger when we flew, so he slept pretty much the entire time, but hopefully the noise on the airplane will put your LO to sleep too. He didn't seem to have any pain or pressure on take off/landing either which was good.

38. NovBaby1112

grapefruit / 4066 posts

how many times a day are your LO's pooping?? I remember with LO1, she was down to like 1 poop a day by now. DS is still going like at LEAST 5 times a day!

39. jodyblair

kiwi / 611 posts

I've finally caught up on this thread!
    @Mrs. Goose: We've been putting G to bed around 7, depending on when he wakes up from his last nap.
    @NovBaby1112: G is still pooping between 3-5 times a day. So much poop.

Hopefully I'm not jinxing this, but DS has slept through the night for the last 3 nights! We moved him to his crib in his room about 6 weeks ago and he has been going back and forth between waking up once to nurse and sleeping through the night. Woohoo! Let's hope this continues! He has found his thumb and is really starting to self soothe so we've been swaddling him with his hands near his face so he can find it easily. It's so sweet to see him sucking his thumb!

How are everyone else's nights going lately?

40. Mrs. Goose

pear / 1737 posts

@NovBaby1112: I get at least 2 poops a day, usually 3 and some attempts.

I tried 7 to start bedtime yesterday, but I think it's a bit early for her. She didn't fall asleep until 8 anyway. Napped well today though. One of those was on me, but I'm not fussy about that because I feel it will be over soon when she is bigger.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee