Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2016 moms!

1. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

@petunia354: I'm so sorry. Sending big hugs and many thoughts and prayers for healing and recovery.

2. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@petunia354: I'm so so sorry! Sending your hugs and prayers!

3. KrzyRiver

apricot / 276 posts

@petunia354: I'm so sorry for your loss.

4. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@petunia354: I'm so sorry for your loss.

5. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@petunia354: I'm so, so sorry, sweet friend

6. LatteLove

apricot / 441 posts

very hesitantly joining this group! I've gotten two very faint on FRER yesterday and today, but have felt pregnant for about 9 days just waiting to test.

EDD: 10/21?

How far along: 3w6d

First child? #2 (I have a 16-month-old son)

First doctor appointment: not scheduling until I have some darker lines on sticks!

Any symptoms so far? yes! bloating, irritability, stuffy, excess saliva, twinging/cramping, tired.

Who have you told? I told my husband that I suspected I was pregnant a week ago, but when I showed him the faint lines this morning he was surprised - even though I prepped him all week!!

7. LatteLove

apricot / 441 posts

@petunia354: so sorry to hear this. thinking of you~

8. stiletto_mom

persimmon / 1183 posts

@petunia354: So sorry Petunia. =(

9. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@petunia354: I'm so very very sorry!

10. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@LatteLove: Congrats!

11. KrzyRiver

apricot / 276 posts

@LatteLove: Welcome and congrats!

12. KrzyRiver

apricot / 276 posts

The doctor finally called late this afternoon. My first ultrasound is scheduled for next Wednesday morning! I'm excited but I'm also very nervous.

The bad part of the phone call came when I asked about some sharp pains I started having after work this weekend. My job is pretty physically demanding... I work in assisted living and have to transfer my patients to their wheelchairs in the morning. Some are rather large and my doctor advised me to not to lift more than 15lbs.

The doctor couldn't say for sure whether or not the pains were from working, but I've had several days off and the pain went away. And considering my history of miscarriages, she doesn't want to take any chances. So she advised me to talk with my boss and find a way to get me out of the physical labor part of my job (which may not be possible), otherwise she was willing to fill out forms to put me on leave. So I'm really hoping that I won't have to quit my job for the remainder of my pregnancy.

13. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@KrzyRiver: sorry to hear about pains you're experiencing, but glad your doctor is on top of it! Fingers crossed you won't have to go on leave.

I think I got my first taste of morning sickness this morning. I felt so nauseous, but it went away after I ate something. I guess that will teach me to be careful what I wish for...last night I was saying I wish I had some sort of symptom that makes me feel pregnant

How's everyone else feeling? I still have 4 weeks till my first ultrasound and I don't know how I'm going to make it...it seems so far away!!

14. KrzyRiver

apricot / 276 posts

@Kitkat: I keep saying that I want more signs too. Lol. All I've had so far is sore boobs but OMG do they hurt! I didn't get morning sickness too bad last time. Mostly car sickness and nausea if I went too long without eating.

15. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@KrzyRiver: Take it easy! Praying all works out OK!

16. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Kitkat: Feeling good! I get dizzy and my face gets flushed, but nothing crazy yet.....lol

17. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Beta Friday was 174
    Beta results from Monday 780
    I'm excited to tell family this weekend!

18. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@FaithFertility: woohoo!! I cannot wait to tell our families, but I think we're going to wait a couple more weeks.

I don't know if it's just in my head, but I definitely feel like I get out of breath way easier when working out now.

19. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Kitkat: It's not in your head. Your body is working harder now because of the baby. I'm always out of breath, esp. when I work out or walk up the stairs.

20. Kitkat

apricot / 325 posts

@avivoca: oh good, as long as I have a legit excuse

Speaking of symptoms, is anyone else have trouble sleeping? I never have trouble sleeping, but for the past week I've been waking up in the middle of the night/early morning and just been wide awake for an hour or two. Luckily, I work from home 3 days a week so I've been able to sneak some afternoon naps in

21. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Kitkat: Me!!!! I was up for hours last night. My sinuses are so dry and once I'm up I start worrying about things. I'm drinking so much pop in the mornings to stay awake and settle my stomach.

22. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

I can't believe I'm joining! It hasn't hit me yet.

EDD: October 26

How far along: 3 weeks 2 days :O

First child?: Nope. 2nd. DS will be 2 in a week!

First doctor appointment: March 1st. I just found out my doctor has moved across the country! So sad. His PA can see me throughout my pregnancy though and I'm familiar with her so I'm glad. She just can't do my csection obviously. Lol

Any symptoms so far?: Fatigue. My telltale sign was that my scalp got really dry and itchy. My eczema flared up with DS.

Who have you told?: DH and my sister. I told T but he didn't seem to care.

23. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@artsyfartsy: Hooray!!!!!

24. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@Kitkat: I'm only 5 weeks, but new symptoms seem to be popping up daily! I now have heartburn every evening, regardless of when I eat dinner. I've started going to sleep sitting up. I got sick for the first time 2 nights ago, but I was OK last night. I think I've figured out that tiny snacks work best when I start to feel iffy. Hopefully I can keep that up. Still cold all the time. My eczema is coming back, too. And I've completely given up buttoning my work pants, even though I've lost a pound this week! On the very happy side, we told our parents this week and they are over the moon. Their reactions were absolutely priceless! I wish we could have told them in person - or at least via facetime. It's hard being a time-zone away.

25. Amorini

persimmon / 1132 posts

I have been reading along but it's been a busy week!

@FaithFertility: Yay for good betas!

@artsyfartsy: @LatteLove: Congrats, ladies!

@KrzyRiver: Have you figured anything out with your job? That's a tough one! I would definitely take every precaution that you can manage to... Did you figure anything out about the pain? Where are your pains coming from?

I am having dull, throbbing aches as of yesterday. Seems like it is stemming from my left ovary... Does that make sense at all for those of you who have been pregnant before? It feels different than the round ligament pain I'm pretty sure I have felt, too.

@avivoca: @Kitkat: @BUNBUN: No insomnia here. I had a few nights in a row around 5-6 weeks where I woke up at 2 am, peed and then went right back to sleep. Lately I'm just super tired, but it has been a very long week and I have been working a lot! As for other symptoms, so hungry (don't want to step on a scale!), very dry hands no matter what I do, bloated especially at the end of the day. I am comfortable in stretch pants, but I have to leave the top button on other pants. And today I'm exhausted and trying to figure out how to leave work early and meet my deadlines!

I just heard back from my nurse and she said to not be concerned about the "ovary" pain ... based on betas and all, they aren't worried about ectopic, etc. Tomorrow I will be 7 wks and this Monday will be my first u/s! Eek!

ETA: Haha! Funny that I said "first" ultrasound. This is like my 20th u/s since September due to IVF... but feels like the first one I've said "eek!" over.

26. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@petunia354: I'm so sorry, lady!

27. petunia354

pomegranate / 3863 posts

@MrsKoala: Thanks friend

28. KrzyRiver

apricot / 276 posts

@Amorini: I haven't worked since Sunday morning and the pain was totally gone within a couple days. So I'm assuming that's it. I don't work again until next Thursday and my US is Wednesday. If everything looks OK with the baby, I'll talk to my boss. If she can't get me out of lifting, I'm going on leave. I'm not risking it.

@Kitkat: @avivoca: I had insomnia alllll week. Last night was the first time I slept all night. I slept from like 10-Noon. Lol.

I keep hoping for more symptoms, but only thinking about bad ones. But yesterday I realized my pregnancy nails came in! My nails are very weak. I have to keep them short or they'll peel and break all the way down. But no they're so long and strong. I love them!

29. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@KrzyRiver: I keep praying for symptoms too (the bad ones lol) but I just realized that my skin is super clear right now. I normally have awful breakouts on my chin but they have been gone since I got my BFP. I've also got the "glow" going on.

30. BUNBUN

apricot / 430 posts

@avivoca: Now those are the symptoms I want! Happy for you

31. KrzyRiver

apricot / 276 posts

@avivoca: Lucky! I broke out last night. Lol. I have little breakouts here and there, so I can't even claim it's a symptom.

32. stiletto_mom

persimmon / 1183 posts

This comment has been deleted by the original poster.

33. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

Got my first squinter 2 days ago and a more visible line today so I guess I'll jump in.

EDD: Oct 21
    How far along: 4 weeks
    First child? 3rd, I have a 3 year old and 1 year old.
    First doctor appointment: I'll call to schedule next week.
    Any symptoms so far? nausea and insomnia are the prevalent ones, then like a million other little things here and there.
    Who have you told? DH, 2 friends and my parents.

34. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@artsyfartsy: Yay!!!!!

35. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@Amorini: I had pain with DD and in an ultrasound showed a small cycst where egg was released very common and goes away in a few weeks!

36. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

Holy dry heaving I was the same with LO1

37. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

@KrzyRiver: Haha I'm breaking out already too. Ugh!!!

@avivoca: You can have some of my pimples if you really want some.

@whiskers: Congrats!!!

@FaithFertility: Yuck. Dry heaving sucks

38. thepicklemonster

apricot / 271 posts

This is my first post on HB and it's a cautiously exciting one!

EDD: 10/10ish
    How far along: 5w4d
    First child: YES!
    First doctor appointment: Confirmed pregnancy at OB on 1/29, first u/s on 2/15
    Any symptoms so far? Sore boobs, extreme bloating, crazy emotions. Tiniest bit of nausea but not too bad. It is definitely worse in the morning.
    Who have you told? DH, and two best friends on other sides of country. And DH and I have each, separately, told one random stranger lol

39. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@thepicklemonster: Congratulations!!!!

40. whiskers

kiwi / 657 posts

@artsyfartsy: Thanks!

So I hate the first trimester, it's basically a game of hoping for the best and preparing for the worst. I've actually had extra energy this time around, so I'm tying to use the anxiety to clean and organize our house.

@Amorini: I feel tons of pulls and weird and painful sensations. I don't really remember if I ever did with my first, but last pregnancy they were almost constant those first few weeks as my uterus "awoke"

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee