Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2017 Moms!

1. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@FancyGem: I have a friend that goes by Tys (short for Matthias) and I love it. I think it's hard to choose boys names that are cute for kids but also good in adulthood.

My OB called me and had me schedule a level 2 u/s with the MFM because they have detected an echogenic bowel. That's a soft marker for trisomy and CF, and some other terrible digestive issues so of course we're crushed and stressed. Scan is on Thursday. Both of DH's grandmothers are currently hospitalized and the family is having to face the sad reality that this is likely a year of "last" events/holidays with them. To top off the pity parade, DS was sent home from daycare on Thursday and spent 3 days vomiting and 4 days with diarrhea. So far no illness for DH or I, which feels like an incredible blessing. Ugh.

2. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@azjax: so much going on, I'm sorry. I hope your scan goes well

3. FancyGem

clementine / 769 posts

@azjax: Awe I hope everything goes well.

4. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@Synchronicity: @FancyGem: thanks ladies. Scan was today and the EB is still there but all of the other anatomy looks perfect. Doing some more blood work to rule out infections and CF and have a follow-up scan in two weeks. Things seem promising but we also could just be in the window where we haven't been diagnosed yet. I'm exhausted by the uncertainty and sad that I'm not enjoying my baby more. Hopefully things trend upward soon. Hope everyone else is well!

5. coleycam

coffee bean / 32 posts

@azjax: fingers crossed for you at the follow up!

6. coleycam

coffee bean / 32 posts

Hi ladies! Had my ultrasound yesterday and everything seemed to go well! They said everything was measuring as it should and baby is 11 oz and right on track. We have to go back for another ultrasound in two weeks since baby was a bit fussy and didn't want to get into a better angle to see the heart closer. They also wanted to view it when it was a little larger. Other than that, it seemed like everything was perfect! It was such a huge relief to me, since I opted out of all my other screening scans and haven't seen baby since 7 weeks.

And just wanted to share that we're having a girl! I'm SO excited and so is hubby!

7. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

We joined team pink!

8. FancyGem

clementine / 769 posts

Congrats! Seems like there are more girls in this group. lol

I am feeling the baby move more. He doesn't seem as active as my oldest son. We are currently trying to pick a theme for the nursery.

9. FancyGem

clementine / 769 posts

Everyone has been quiet lately. Anyone planning for their nurseries? What is your theme?

10. ssmom

olive / 64 posts

@azjax: I am with you on the name thing! We are having another girl and I have my heart set on a name but DH isn't too crazy about it and we can't seem to agree on anything else just yet!

11. ssmom

olive / 64 posts

@MrsDecember: good luck with your move and hope all is well! Glad everything turned out OK w/ the testing. And congrats, we are having another girl too!

12. ssmom

olive / 64 posts

@azjax: Sending positive thoughts and hugs!

13. ssmom

olive / 64 posts

So many girls expected in Oct 2017!

Its been awhile since my last update but we took DD to Disney World (despite some reservations, it all worked out --not a single mosquitoe in sight!) and had my anatomy scan the day after we flew back home. So far so good but given my last pregnancy which ended in miscarriage, I am still cautiously optimistic. Not sure when this will change since I am now 23 weeks and feeling regular movement.

Definitely starting to feel as if my belly is insanely heavy and getting uncomfortable sitting when I'm at home. Any tips for this?

Hope all you mamas are doing well!

14. FancyGem

clementine / 769 posts

@ssmom: You can try one of those pregnancy support belts.

I recently traveled out of the country and I only saw one mosquito. I was nervous, but it all worked out. I think people are doing a better job of spraying for bugs.

15. chanzi

cherry / 233 posts

I'm almost 26 weeks now--with two kids at home the time just flies! I feel huge but otherwise generally fine. Our 20 week anatomy scan was uneventful (everything measuring normal) and I have my glucose test next appointment with my midwife. I love that I can drink the solution at home beforehand; such a drag to wait around the office for an hour at my OB's office during my first pregnancy!

16. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

October 2017 Mamas!
    Oct 2 - MRSVDV (#3), CHANZI (#3), SUGARBEE (#2)
    Oct 10 - MRSDECEMBER (#2)
    Oct 12 - LBEE (#2) , COLEYCAM (#1) , SSMOM (#2)
    Oct 13 - FANCYGEM (#2)
    Oct 14 - SYNCHRONICITY (#1)
    Oct 18 - BARREMOMMY (#2)
    Oct 19 - AZJAX (#2)
    Oct 22 - MRS. DUKES (#2)
    Oct 23 - CHRISTI70 (#2)
    Oct 25 - MRS.THINMINT (#2)
    mid October - JJ88 (#1 - twins!)
    2 7

17. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

Most of my updates are on the pregnancy after loss thread, but we've been through a rough ride. Currently, baby girl looks healthy by ultrasound but I had the misfortune of contracting CMV early in my pregnancy, which places baby at high risk of fetal demise or severe, life-long disabilities associated with poor quality of life. I'm on prophylactic antiviral therapy (which is experimental) and will be monitored by ultrasound next week before the legal limit of termination in case baby has become very ill. If baby looks good, then I will be monitored every 2 weeks in case baby looks ill we can repeat amniocentesis and persue additional experimental therapy if baby is CMV positive.

18. FancyGem

clementine / 769 posts

@azjax: I am hoping and praying that everything will turn out ok.

19. chanzi

cherry / 233 posts

@azjax: Thinking good thoughts for you!

20. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

@azjax: that sounds incredibly hard and stressful. I'll keep you and baby in my thoughts and hope you have a clear ultrasound next week

Edit: just took a peek at your posts on the pregnancy after loss thread and you have been on a really tough road with this pregnancy!! It sounds like your most recent results were very positive so I hope things go smoothly for you from here out and you meet your healthy baby girl in the fall!

21. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

Thanks for the support and well wishes, mamas

22. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

Baby girl looks healthy and I'm starting to look obviously pregnant at 24 weeks. I've got a long torso so it takes me a while to show even though I started out a little...fluffy around the middle. How is everyone else?

23. FancyGem

clementine / 769 posts

@azjax: Yay! I am showing and I can tell baby boy will be larger than expected. lol I am barely gaining weight, but I'm all baby. I can feel him stretching across my belly and he likes to flip.

24. Synchronicity

grapefruit / 4089 posts

I feel like I'm getting huge but nobody else seems to see it that way! I've gained about 12lbs (I'll be 25 weeks on Saturday) and I still feel like I get bloated some days. I started out pretty slim, and I've never weighed as much as I do now in my life so I'm just trying not to let the numbers get to me!

25. FancyGem

clementine / 769 posts

@Synchronicity: I have yet to look at the scale. I only have an idea of how much I have gained/ lost based on their comments. I do not want to know how the number until after the baby is born.
    I'm sure you look beautiful and you are being hard on yourself. During my first pregnancy I stopped looking at the scale around 7 months. My husband and dr kept up with it. I really didn't gain much, but I stopped worrying about it.

26. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@FancyGem: I love feeling the baby move even if some of the big somersaults are uncomfortable. I've got an anterior placenta again, so don't have it to pad my internal organs from her dance parties!
    @Synchronicity: I started out a bit thick with this pregnancy and have done some comfort eating, and I will wish I was only up 12lb! The first time through, I really thought gaining weight would ruin my body and that I would be obsessed with losing it all once the baby was born. However, the miracle of birth and the exhaustion of a newborn cured me of some of my vanity, and it became much easier to accept and appreciate my less than model-perfect body. You are growing a human, and that is beautiful!!!

27. FancyGem

clementine / 769 posts

I am having issues with over heating. It's so hot down here. lol The ceiling fan, ac, and tower fan are my new bffs.

I'm currently trying to decide what color we will paint the nursery walls.

28. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@FancyGem: I spend an incredible amount of time sitting in front of a fan, haha. Have you picked a theme for your nursery?

29. FancyGem

clementine / 769 posts

@azjax: Yes! Whales. I want a lighter color for the wall.

30. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@FancyGem: what about a light aqua?

31. FancyGem

clementine / 769 posts

@azjax: I will look into that. Thanks! My husband wants a light grey. I was thinking about a light grey with blue undertones.

32. FancyGem

clementine / 769 posts

How is everyone doing? I had my GD test done and I do not have it. I was anemic during my first pregnancy and I'm not this time around.

33. chanzi

cherry / 233 posts

@FancyGem: I was fine on my GD test t00 but I have low platlets, which I also had my first two pregnancies. They will re-test at 36 weeks. It hasn't been a big deal before and I'm assuming will be the same this time around...

34. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

I also passed the GD screen, but have to up my iron because I'm a little low. So far baby girl continues to look healthy and I'm tolerating the experimental antiviral therapy for CMV well. Next week is exciting because I will be defending my dissertation!

35. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

Also, this baby is feet down breech, so I am hoping she flips and I can attempt a VBAC rather than having a repeat C-section.

36. coleycam

coffee bean / 32 posts

I had my GD test done about a month ago and everything went fine, thankfully! I've been doing really well with this pregnancy so far and have my 30 week appt. on Monday. We'll schedule a third-trimester ultrasound on that appt to check in and see her (I wasn't expecting another, but I'm happy to see my little one soon!) Been busy trying to do 1 million things before she arrives and school starts (I'm a teacher). Definitely feeling nesting mode kicking in hard.

37. FancyGem

clementine / 769 posts

I'm glad to hear that everyone is doing well. I'm trying to get my oldest ready for school. We are all excited. Everyday he asks me when will he have his baby brother. lol

38. FancyGem

clementine / 769 posts

October is around the corner!

39. azjax

kiwi / 578 posts

@FancyGem: did you finish up the nursery? I'm.just now pulling out the clothes I saved from DS and looking at what I can keep, etc. Bought a few new towels and washcloths, a bouncy chair (didn't have one), and two new baby carriers (so I could pick one to keep). We're planning to have her room share with us for the first 6-8 months, so haven't even started on turning our office/storage room into a bedroom yet.

40. FancyGem

clementine / 769 posts

@azjax: We are almost done. We went with a light blue that has a hint of grey paint.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee