Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

October 2018 moms

1. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: ugh, I’m sorry. There are so many indignities with pregnancy

2. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

It is so easy for me to over do it! Last weekend I took my oldest to a small amusement park and got dehydrated and ended up throwing up the next morning when I tried to drink a lot of water on an empty stomach. It took me two days to feel “normal” again. This past weekend was a family reunion and I didn’t sleep well, plus I accidentally ate some gluten (I have celiac disease) so I was pretty sick on Sunday (but there was more family stuff and travel scheduled so I couldn’t just rest.
    Luckily today is an easy day for me- I’m just doing paperwork, grocery shopping and some online CEUs but it’s hard to head into a week of parenting my two kids when I’m already feeling this beat up.

I was starting to get significant pubic pain after waking but I’ve worn my support belt the past couple of times and haven’t had pain, which is awesome.

3. RKitty

apricot / 341 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: Just keep applying a hydrating lotion to your belly and it helps a lot. Anything high in Vitamin E is good... in fact you can just pop open a Vit E pill and rub the oil on your stretch marks. I used a local brand of Shea butter and Vit E and I've mixed up my own too before. If I remember right red stretch marks are okay and keep treating them and they hopefully will go away. It's when they turn white it's a lot harder to treat!

And if you are really bothered by them try to think of yourself as a fierce tiger who is earning her stripes.

4. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

So I had my 30 week appointment today and they detected a heart arrhythmia with the doppler and sent me right into the ultrasound room... structurally the heart looks just fine and the heart rate is on target, so they said it looks like PACs (premature atrial contractions), which are apparently common and usually go away before birth. But, still need the follow-up next week in the city. Sigh. I'm surprisingly not anxious, maybe because this little one is MAJOR mover in there and constantly active, which is reassuring. At least my 2 year old was a star during our 90 minute appointment!

ETA: Anyone had experience with this and has dropping caffeine and trying to curb stress helped? I've definitely had my cup a day and yesterday a kid bit my toddler hard on the playground and I was kind of a wreck over it. I'm thinking of cutting caffeine and going to a restorative yoga class this week!

5. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@YogiRunner: I've been having that problem this pregnancy too. The only thing I've found to help is not taking any medicine or drinking any caffeine before exams. Mine is mostly a medicine problem.

6. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

Checking in- uh is time flying for anyone else?! Had my 28 week appointment today and everything is normal- blood pressure, blood count, baby's heartrate, etc. Just kind of cruising through the summer besides having a space heater attached to the front of my body.

I had my GD test last week and passed, so that was a positive, too! Getting things ready in the nursery now, but feeling super overwhelmed with the pure volume of how much stuff a baby needs. My mom had a shower for me last weekend so we have most of what we need, which is great- now I just need to put it all away and organize it!

I feel super fortunate to have so many people that love and care about this tiny human already, it's kind of incredible. He is veryyy active at night right when I am falling asleep, which doesn't bode well for my sleeping habits but is also the coolest thing ever to feel him moving around in there.

Hope everyone is getting through the summer heat- we are almost there!

7. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Had a growth scan today. Baby is between 4.5- 5lbs. Only got a picture of her foot though.

8. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

How’s everyone doing lately?!

9. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@Kmomartin: was going to ask everyone the same!

I'm one of the early October due dates (the 4th), and I have to admit I've been complaining a LOT lately! Baby has dropped pretty low and I'm generally WAY more uncomfortable this time around. Like by the end of a grocery trip or a Target run, my waddle is intense and I feel like my bladder has become a punching bag. But the nursery is almost ready, I have all my essentials and my bags are halfway packed, so bring it on! Two more weeks to go....

How's everyone else??

10. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Kmomartin: I'm hanging in there! 34 weeks. September has been hard because my due date (10/30) feels close but also not at the same time. Very excited to get to October. I feel generally fine. Some days are more uncomfortable than others. Evenings are always hard. Still sleeping okay though. I've got a lot of BH and the past week started experiencing about 10 mins of period like cramps each day. I'm sure it's all normal though.

@YogiRunner: Same! At the end of a grocery store & target outing - I feel like my vagina is gonna fall off lol.

11. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

I'm 35+4 today and SO OVER IT.

I have a long list of complaints. At least the weather is cooler today than it has been.
    I have an ultrasound on Monday (they do a position check at 36 weeks), and glad for that. This baby is way less active than my last baby. She is still passing kick counts when I do them, but her movements aren't as big and pokey as her brother's were, so it will be nice to get some reassurance.

Sorry I can't be more positive. I really hate being pregnant and just want it to be over.

12. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

I'm 35 weeks today and also feeling kind of uncomfortable. I mean I'm fine overall, but just feeling big, heavy, and my feet are so swollen all the time. However, I am trying to remind myself that as bad as it is now, it will be worse with a new baby and toddler on the outside as far as sleep deprivation goes!

13. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

I totally feel everything you ladies said- this is my first pregnancy and the first 7 months I was all “this isn’t terrible, I can do this”. Fast forward to 34 weeks and a few days and misery has set in. Pregnancy related carpal tunnel has me waking up with no feeling in my lower arms and hands. Feet are swollen before I even get downstairs in the morning. I drink so much water (to attempt to combat the swelling) so I’m in the bathroom every 45 minutes.

Also sorry for the non-positive post. I am ready for tiny human to exit my body and enter the world. The end is neaaarrrrrrrrr!

Editing to add: growth ultrasound on Monday so hopefully that will make me feel less miserable- haha!

14. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

35 + 3 today. Baby has dropped and I constantly feel an intense amount of pressure. Not much longer now. If I make it to October 18th that will be the induction date. I hate the idea of inducing since I've never been induced but after my last baby I was horribly sick and I don't want to ruin my kids Halloween. My last 2 week appointment is Tuesday. After that its weekly until she is here.

15. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

I’m 37+6 with just over a week to go!

These last two months have been intense. I’ve transferred to a new position so I am working 40 hrs during orientation, which is an extra day for me, on top of my other 3 kids busy schedules. I’ve also been having weekly NST which have been consistently non-reactive (everything’s fine, babies moving like crazy there is just no variability in HR) and end up having to get sent for a BPP each week. On top of that baby will not pick a position! She’s in a completely different orientation day to day...this week she was vertex on Tuesday during a growth check and 24 hrs later she completely transverse at my regular OB appointment. Originally they were saying ECV x 2 (one at 37 weeks and again at 38 with induction at 39), but now because of how much and quickly she is changing positions the plan has completely changed. This week I have a BPP (got rid of the NST since I end up with a BPP anyway) then my regular office visit end of the week, an added office visit 10/1 with a possible ECV that day and induction 10/2 AM with a position check and possible ECV prior to induction! Originally wasn’t up for the ECV, but they really want to avoid a c-section since I will be having a total thyroidectomy shortly after delivery. I cannot wait for this week to be over!!

16. anbanan15

grapefruit / 4681 posts

Oh I have also done nothing to prepare for baby! We are just finishing up a total bathroom renovation to our only bathroom and have been living between our house and my parents. I’m also in school full time for my masters and cannot wait for a break! I’ll be writing my final for my current course during my induction! Can hardly wait for that

17. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

I hit 37 weeks yesterday, baby was measuring at 7lbs this week, and I’m just trying to make it to October for purely selfish reasons relating to my leave and getting to deliver in the new shiny maternity ward at the hospital. I’m GBS+ but at least I have my GD under control with Metformin and nightly insulin injections.

We are NOWHERE on names. I seriously don’t know what we’re gonna do. Nursery will hopefully be finished tomorrow. This is my last week at work and then it’s just seeing when between 38 and 39 weeks they induce.

18. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

Had my appointment today after a lot of mild contractions and cramps yesterday, and she told me I’ve apparently lost my mucus plug and am progressing... of course she couldn’t give me a real timeline except she doubts I’ll make it to my due date of Oct 4th.

So I guess just sitting around and waiting!? I am way too uncomfortable to even go shopping at this point!

19. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@YogiRunner: exciting!!

I just had a 36 week ultrasound and everything looks good. Weekly appointments now. If they offer a check next week I will probably take one, I know it’s not actually predictive but I still like to know.

20. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

Today, baby was 6lb 1oz and I’m 35 weeks. He’s head down, ready to roll!

I had a fun trip to L&D last week after my OB appointment because my BP was uber high. I maintain the only reason it was high was because I was the first appointment of the AM and sat in the waiting room for 35 minutes before they took me back- and I was pissed- haha. She said with the high BP and swelling they just wanted to make sure he was good in there- so at L&D they put a fetal monitor on him and kept taking my BP every 15 minutes. Two hours later and I was home, no issues!

I see my OB every week now. Hoping the swelling in my calves/ankles goes down a little before then.

21. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

The pity party continues. I have a cold and I am just so tired. My mantra right now is just "one day at a time." Sometimes its "one hour at a time."

My friend had a baby two weeks ago, and had a labor that was eerily similar to my second child's- as in very scary and dramatic and long until the pushing, and then everything was fine. I am really hoping for a different experience this time- just to not have a million anxious looking people in the room, to not get epinephrine shots and the subsequent panic attacks, to not have to turn down/off the epidural....I'd like a nice, straight forward birth. Obviously everything turned out fine with my son, but it was a really scary 6-8 hours and I'd just like to not be terrified for my entire labor.

22. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@Kmomartin: I'm soooo over the swelling. None of my shoes fit. I'm wearing crocs to work. It's starting to progress into pitting edema. I just really hope this means that the 50 pounds I've gained is mostly fluid.

23. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: I have been wearing my birks or sneakers for at least a month but now they’re both getting tight. Bought a pair of cheap flats and booties at Target the other day TWO SIZES bigger than what I usually wear. Insanity. I gained 8lbs of fluid in two weeks, per my OB. It better melt off me after tiny human arrives!

24. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

Welp second trip to L&D last night and BP eventually came down so they sent me home and now, modified bed rest. Luckily my department is letting me work from home full time beginning next week, so that’s a plus!

Also, currently on hour 19 of a 24 hour urine test- so fun! I was 1cm dilated at my OB appointment yesterday. Tiny human still swimming in there and his vitals have been great when he’s on the monitor. I had a totally uneventful 8 month pregnancy and now whaaaaam! Craziness.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

25. yogifish

cherry / 128 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: @Kmomartin: also completely over the swelling. I am down to just flip flops fitting now and have pitting edema as well. My favorite is when random strangers like to point out how swollen my feet are to me. Sigh.

I was lucky last time and within a few days of delivery the swelling all went away. Fingers crossed you ladies have the same experience and me too for the second time around!

26. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

I'll be 37 weeks tomorrow. At my last appointment I had lost 3 lbs. That's usually a sign of impending labor for me. No such luck and I'm okay with it. I've always wanted an October baby. Spent part of the night last night in L&D because baby E was being lazy and not moving at all during the day. As soon as they hooked me up to the monitors, she perked right up. They sent me home after a couple hours and I had an episode of prodromal labor. I tend to stay home until I cant stand the pain anymore. The contractions always fizzle out. My next appointment is Tuesday. We will talk membrane strip, etc. Last pregnancy my membranes were stripped at 38 weeks and I had the baby at 38+5. My dr doesn't usually like to do anything until the 39 week point but I always talk him into a weeks sooner since I don't want to be induced.

Anybody else hit with insomnia?

27. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@littleblessings: YES to the insomnia. I was awake from 3AM to 6AM and then fell back asleep for a couple hours (luckily my husband got up with the kids). I wake up to pee and cannot fall back asleep. Its awful.

I have my next appt tomorrow (37+2). Will probably do a cervix check but its more so I can be reassured I have a little more time. I'm feeling better physically now that its cooler, and we are definitely not ready for this baby yet. I'd really like to get to 39 and a half or so, and there is no reason beyond my own anxiety to think I won't. My mom has more flexibility in her schedule that week, so it would be best all around.

I'm finally going to get around to order my registry stuff this week. I'm so unprepared this time around.

28. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

Its finally our month!

10/4: Mrs. Bells  
    10/5: Yogirunner  
    10/8: Anbanan15  
    10/12: Ms. Mermaid  
    10/20: Silva  
    10/22: Alwayssunny755   , Littleblessings  
    10/24: Yogifish  
    10/28: Kmomartin
    10/30: Buttermilk 

I only kept the somewhat active members on the list. Let's have some babies!

29. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@littleblessings: Yay! It’s October! I’m 36 weeks tomorrow. Baby has definitely dropped some. I feel soooo much more pressure down there. I don’t know why but I just have this feeling like I’m going to go early. Really hoping for 2 more weeks to wrap up at work. I do get periods of cramping on and off but it always fizzles out.

30. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

Decided against cervix check today. Didn’t feel like wrestling my pants back on. I saw my favorite OB, who has delivered both of my kids. She said head is still fairly high, which I knew. Neither of my other kids descended until labor because they were hanging out posterior until I got an epidural and relaxed. This one is so far following suit. I asked about a possible induction after 39 weeks and she said they could definitely do it, but that I should know I can easily get bumped from L&D on the scheduled date, and that their practice alone has 75 babies due in October so this wasn’t an unlikely scenario!!

Most likely I will just wait it out and request membrane sweeps but will see. It would just make planning childcare a little easier (though, not if I get bumped).

31. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

@littleblessings: woohoo!

Got a membrane sweep today, holy ouch. Since then things have been brewing but nothing regular at all. I really thought he’d be here by now!

32. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

Has anyone tested positive for gbs? I was positive with my first baby. Taking the test this Friday.

33. littleblessings

pear / 1739 posts

@YogiRunner: membrane sweeps hurt so bad. I ended up having my rainbow baby a couple days after my last membrane sweep though.

@buttermilk: negative this time around. I tested positive with my second child.

34. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@buttermilk: I was positive with my first, negative with my second. This time I tested positive for a GBS UTI in the first trimester, so they aren't going to bother retesting me and will just give me the antibiotics.

35. Kmomartin

grape / 87 posts

Had my GBS test last week so I assume they will have results when I go this Thursday?

@yogirunner: AHHH good luck!!!

After a few days of “modified bed rest” my swelling has definitely gotten better. I am trying so hard to listen to my body in that I need the rest, but I feel so lazy just sitting around!

36. YogiRunner

clementine / 849 posts

TMI alert: So *maybe* after we did one particular activity to jump start labor I had what looked like a bloody show... my OB said my mucus plug was already gone sooo not exactly sure what it was. Could be nothing, could be everything. Sigh.

37. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@YogiRunner: exciting!

38. Ms.Mermaid

kiwi / 745 posts

@buttermilk: I’m GBS positive this time. I was upset about it at first but I’m scheduled for an induction on Sunday so I’ll just start antibiotics when I get there and I’m trying to let go of my fear of IVs. If I go into labor earlier, I’m just gonna scurry to the hospital and err on the side of guessing I’m in labor versus doubting it so I can get the abx.

Anyone trying anything to speed labor up? I’ve been eating bacon wrapped dates and just started evening primrose oil capsules; I have two acupuncture appointments this week and some clary sage essential oil ready for this weekend. (I’m not trying to go into labor so much as have my cervix be as favorable as possible.) I blew up my stability ball and have been bouncing on it, etc. I have monitoring tomorrow and OB on Thursday. Since I’m GBS+ they probably won’t do a sweep.

39. buttermilk

nectarine / 2086 posts

@Ms.Mermaid: omg you’re ginna have a baby this weekend yay!

I need two weeks at work to wrap things up at work and then I’ll start trying to stir things up. I did evening primrose oil and red raspberry leaf tea with my first but had forgotten about them until now. Thanks for the reminder!

40. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

I'm 38 on Saturday, but I"m waiting until my 38 week appointment and then I will probably start trying to move it along. Last two times I did evening primrose oil, but my office stopped recommending it because the research isn't there- probably can't hurt, though, if you want to. I do drink red raspberry leaf tea- right now just 1-2 cups a day, but more because it helps me poop! I don't remember that from last time, but the first time I Had a strong cup a week or two ago I started having really intense cramping and braxton hicks and was freaking out- until I pooped. So glamorous. I don't think there's much research supporting RRL tea either, but toward the end its nice to feel like you are doing SOMETHING.

@Ms.Mermaid: Some providers in my office will still do a sweep even if you are GBS positive, so you can ask. I read some peer reviewed research and there was no increase in risk to the baby with membrane sweeps on people with GBS positive- but some providers are definitely still uncomfortable with it. I'm going to request one and my plan is to tell them I will wait for a provider who will do it, if the person I'm seeing doesn't want to. I think there is only one who won't, but she is who I'm scheduled with at 40+2. God I hope I"m not pregnant at 40+2.

I've decided not to schedule an induction unless I go past 40. But I will definitely request is at that appointment. We discussed it last week (just to help me with planning care for my kids, and because my mom lives far away + I live far from the hospital)- but it sounded pretty likely I will get bumped. I think it would be worse for my brain to plan when I"m going to have the baby and then have it change, than to just have to live with the unknown.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee