Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2013 Mamas

1. MamaMagpie

persimmon / 1436 posts

@Mrs squirreld: I'm so sorry that your BP got worrisome, but so glad you went in and bub looks good -- you are in good hands! I hope you've been able to rest and that you might get to meet your LO today!
    @marionberry: can't wait to join the postpartum thread! How are you feeling today?

2. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@marionberry: @MamaMagpie: thanks ladies.

Update: blood tests came back and everything looks good there. Definitely no pre-eclampsia. So that's really good. BP is still sitting at 150/100 so that's bad. They have given me medication to lower my blood pressure and did offer me a sedative to reduce my stress but I didn't want that. Basically now they will just keep me in hospital overnight (it's 9pm here) to monitor me. Will do another ECG on bub just to make sure he's happy with the medication etc. Will also keep monitoring my BP & the medication should take effect within 8 hours. So in the morning they will reassess. If my BP is still too high they will induce me, if its lowered I can go home. So fingers crossed all goes well. Who knows maybe ill go into labor overnight anyway!

3. MamaMagpie

persimmon / 1436 posts

@Mrs squirreld: I'm sorry you have to spend the night in the hospital, but it really sounds like you are getting expert care! I hope the medicine works like a charm...and that you do go into labor overnight! I want another September baby to be here!
    Get some rest, mama

4. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@MamaMagpie: thanks. It's not so bad. We are really lucky in Australia with the public health system. I have my own room and ensuite and will probably get a better sleep than at home! I can hear a newborn baby cry every now and then which makes me so excited for when he does come. DH just left to go to work ( he's on night shift) so I'm a bit sad about that but hey it's his job and he'll be able to come straight away if anything happens.

5. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Mrs squirreld: I'm glad your BP is coming down!

6. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@MamaMagpie: I've learned to stop saying non to pain meds just because I don't feel bad in that second. I'm still really sore but moving around is getting much easier. LO slept great last night so I finally got a nice chunk of sleep-I was living off about 5 hours in 48hours+. LO gets circumcised today do I am already dreading that he will be in pain but really life couldn't be better. Being a mom is amazing! You're going to be over the moon when your LO gets here despit any issue.

@mrssquirreld: So happy it's not pre-e! My friend had hypertension like that right before she had her lo but it went away about a week after birth. Idk how you feel about induction but every road leads to baby! And giving birth in a great hospital will only make the experience better. Keep us updated!

7. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

Its a girl ! Charlotte Catherine was born last night at 11:35pm, 7 pounds 15 ounces.

It was pretty eventful, 3 hours of pushing leading to an emerg call to the gynecologist and pediatrician to help get her out with a vacuum. She was sunny side up and her heart rate was becoming more erratic. My epidural had pretty much worn off but that turned out to be a good thing since I knew when to push. Luckily the vacuum did the trick and hearing my husband say "it's a girl!!!" is a moment ill never forget.

She spent the night in the nicu since her temperature was a bit high and her breathing fast. It was probably a blessing in disguise because DH and I could get some sleep after being up for 48 hours...I was exhausted and starving but a 2am McDonald's happ meal fixed me right up!

She's in the room with us now, healthy as can be and we are just so so so in love. She has a blonde wavy hair which was such a surprise as my husband is so dark (though I'm blonde) All the pain and recovery is so worth it. Will catch up on all the posts later.

8. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@char54: oh my goodness she is adorable!!! Look at that hair!!!!! She is sooo cute! congrats mumma!!!

9. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@marionberry: after the news I recieved last night - I just want him to be here. Sure induction isn't my "dream birth" and I would be a bit upset about it but in the end I just want him in my arms!!

10. singingbee

pomelo / 5073 posts

@char54: so beautiful!!!!! Look at that hair!!!

11. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@char54: She is beautiful! Congratulations!

12. MamaMagpie

persimmon / 1436 posts

@char54: CONGRATULATIONS!!! She is absolutely gorgeous and I'm so glad you are both doing well! What a beautiful name, she is absolutely a Charlotte

13. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@char54: She's beautiful! And tons of hair just like my LO! I'm sorry your labor was a bit eventful but it sounds like everything is perfect now. Don't forget to join the postpartum board so that we can start swapping new mommy advice!

@mrssquirreld: I totally get just wanting him to be here! It's so nice to get your body back and your baby in your arms!

14. MamaMagpie

persimmon / 1436 posts

@Mrs squirreld: your hospital sounds amazing! And I love that you can occasionally hear some newbies crying -- maybe it will stimulate labor!
    @marionberry: good for you on the pain meds, and even better that you finally got some sleep! I'm sure everything will go perfectly with the circumcision today, but I hope J isn't in too much pain for long at all. I can't wait to join you on the Sept PP thread

15. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs squirreld: good luck. You are essentially where I'm at now. I don't know that I'll have any answers but if you have any questions let me know

16. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

@char54: Oh my!! She is absolutely beautiful! Congratulations on a job well done mama!

17. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

@char54: CONGRATS MAMA! She's absolutely beautiful- look at all that hair! Hope you're resting now... though loved the part about the Happy Meal... our hospital is literally opposite a McD's drive thru, so I'm sure that's where I'll be sending Dh straight after too!!

18. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@char54: OMG! She is beautiful congrats mama!

19. MrsStormy

clementine / 818 posts

@Mrs squirreld: I'm so sorry about your evening, praying baby is doing well, your bp goes down quickly, and that little one gets here soon!

@char54: She is gorgeous! I have never seen a blonde baby with so much hair! Congratulations!

20. MrsClownfish

cherry / 199 posts

@char54 congratulations! She is beautiful! Hope you are feeling well.

(Now I'm jealous I'm still preggers over here!)

21. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@char54: Congratulations mama! So happy for you. What a sweetheart she is.

22. MamaMagpie

persimmon / 1436 posts

Wanted my September ladies to know first -- Baby Magpie is on his way!!!
    Water broken, epidural placed, now we wait!
    More details later but so far so good

23. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@MamaMagpie: OMG that's awesome!!! So excited for you! Epidural is the way to go. Now we can't wait to see what your little boy looks like. Keep us filled in!

24. MrsClownfish

cherry / 199 posts

@MamaMagpie: why a crazy weekend or this board! Good luck!

25. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@MamaMagpie: ahh! Good luck!

AFM I've been having noticeable contractions, for about 2 hours but they seem to be fading out now

26. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@MamaMagpie: ahhhh how exciting!!! Totally jealous! Haha goodluck mumma!! Can't wait to hear the news!

I'm awake here now in hospital it's 6.30am. BP was down when they checked me at midnight. They haven't been back again yet - hopefully they will soon- cause I'm bored as!!! Glad I bought I book with me but it was such a good book I stayed up til 2am reading it and finished it. DH will be finishing work soon and be back and then hopefully all will be ok and I can go home.

27. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@MamaMagpie: Yay! Love all this excitement. Hope all goes smoothly and can't wait for the big update!

@Mrs squirreld: Glad to hear you're BP stabilized.

28. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Mrs squirreld: yay, about your BP.

29. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs squirreld: I hate waiting in hospitals! It does get really boring. Sounds like maybe you'll be released soon. Yay!

30. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

Urghhhh. They want to keep me in for 24 hours. So will be here all day. Atleast I get ECG's every few hours. I like hearing his heartbeat and seeing him get all excited when DH talks to him.

31. Joanlindsay

grape / 98 posts

I'm getting a bit jealous of all the babies! Going in for round 2 of acupuncture hoping baby responds like sister did. Also hoping baby #2 doesn't come tomorrow as it is DD birthday.

32. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs squirreld: I'm so sorry. Who knows, maybe baby will come while you're there waiting. And I loved listening to his heartbeat all the time too! It's the next best thing to having him in real life. Are they thinking about induction at all now or no?

@Joanlindsay: I hope he skips tomorrow. I worried that I might have my lo on dsd's birthday too. It wouldn't really be fair. If you go into labor maybe they can give you something to slow down the contractions enough to make it to the next day.

33. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

What an eventful weekend for our little group!! I am so happy for everyone who has delivered and for everyone in labor. I hope everyone having health scares will pull through and will be able to deliver a happy, healthy baby.

34. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@marionberry: no induction at this stage. They are testing my bp now without the medication... I'm not sure why, that seems to be going backwards. But whatever they need to do I guess- I just thought they would keep me on medication til bub was here. Haha yeah with all this waiting around he might as well come now... Although I'm not sure I can trust DH to tidy up the house to my standard... Hahaha

35. evenstar982

apricot / 284 posts

@char54: gorgeous girl and beautiful name, congrats! X

36. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs squirreld: haha trust me, how clean your house is will be the least of your worries once he gets here! That is weird that they're taking you off the meds. I agree that it seems contrary to what you think you'd do. Hopefully tomorrow you can go home.

37. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@marionberry: haha I know it will be, but right now my nesting instinct is going nuts!!

38. MamaMagpie

persimmon / 1436 posts

He's here!
    Harrison Paul arrived tonight at 9:14pm after about 10 hours of active labor. L&D went really smoothly and he and I are recovering nicely so far.
    We are so completely in love with him

39. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@MamaMagpie: naaaaw! Yay!!!! He's perfect!!! Congrats. Everyone's babes have hair!!!

40. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@MamaMagpie: he's so handsome! Congrats momma on a quick labor!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee