Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2013 Mamas

1. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@Meltini: You're so close! Enjoy your last moments of freedom

2. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

Thanks everyone. I was having a little pity party past night because I was really hoping to go naturally before our induction date. Not to mention I have been getting up every hour or two to pee, I was just feeling tired and hormonal. I know in my head that being pregnant is easier than having a newborn but I am just so over it right now!!

3. LittleGBee

apricot / 319 posts

@Meltini: I feel you. I was such a grump yesterday. I couldn't sleep at ALL and I would pay any amount of money to be able to push this baby out of me right now. Not even kidding. At least when there's a newborn you get some snuggles out of the sleeplessness. I mean, it's harder, but it's also WAY more rewarding.

4. MrsStormy

clementine / 818 posts

Introducing Finley Grace

She has tons of hair too! Can't wait for the last couple babies to join us, anytime now girls, I promise they are worth the wait!

5. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@Meltini: Not sure what your time zone is but I'll be thinking of you and sending good delivery vibes your way for your induction today!!

@MrsStormy: What a little sweetheart!! You had the closest due date to me. Send me some of your magic labor dust lol

6. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

Congratulations @MrsStormy!! She is a cutie!

7. MrsClownfish

cherry / 199 posts

@meltini good luck today! Keep us updated.

@mrsstormy super adorable!

AFM due date today and nothing at all is happening. I am not even trying any old wives tales since the doctor said thy don't do anything. At least the weather in the northeast is gorgeous today.

8. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@MrsClownfish: I'm still a week from my due date but I know exactly how you feel. I cannot wait for something to happen and knowing that there's nothing I can do except let things proceed on their own is frustrating! I'm in the northeast too and broke out the boots and cardigans today.

9. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

@MrsStormy: she's beautiful!

10. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@Meltini: How are things? Did baby arrive yet?

11. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

Just started the pit. I'm at 4 cm 100% effaced and enjoying my epidural!

12. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@meltini: Yay! Your lo will be here soon and then you won't be able to imagine how you lived without them.
    @mrsstormy: She is SUPER cute!

13. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@Meltini: Here's to a smooth delivery!

14. MrsStormy

clementine / 818 posts

@MapleMoose: @Meltini: @MrsClownfish: @illumina: @marionberry: Thank you! I think she's gorgeous but I'm biased!

@Meltini: thinking of you today!

15. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

@Meltini: Thinking of you! Hope you are cuddling your LO right now or about to! Can't wait for an update

16. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

The little man is here!! No name yet but we are working on it! Ill have to do a birth story later but I ended up pushing for 4 hours because little man kept moving back up in the birth canal after I pushed him down. Ended up with a 3rd degree tear and a beautiful little boy.

17. MrsClownfish

cherry / 199 posts

@meltini congratulations! Can't wait to read the whole birth story

18. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

@Meltini: 4hrs?!! How did you do it? You must have been so strong, well done you! Huge congrats on your son and I hope you heal as quickly as possible

19. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@Meltini: Ouch but so worth it. Congratulations mama!

20. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

Doc had the OR all ready to go. I basically had a meltdown at 3 hours and convinced him to let me try just a little bit longer. They gave me pitocin and turned off the epidural. An hour later, I was getting stitched up (took the doc almost an hour to fix the damage).

21. LittleGBee

apricot / 319 posts

Well, 5 days overdue, and I'm finally in labor! I had mild contractions all night last night, followed by some early labor signs this am. Now the contractions are about 7 minutes apart, but still manageable. I called the husband to come home (he has an hour commute) because our 21 month old is super cranky today and I was tired of dealing with the drama.

I'm excited to get this show on the road and have a safe home birth experience!

22. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

@LittleGBee: Yay! Good luck!

23. MrsClownfish

cherry / 199 posts

@LittleGBee: yay! So exciting. Sending good vibes for and easy and comfortable birthing.

Hopefully I am not too far behind. I am sitting here at 2 days overdue.

24. MrsStormy

clementine / 818 posts

@Meltini: congratulations, you are amazing, there is NO way I could have pushed that long!!!

@LittleGBee: Yay, good luck!

@MrsClownfish: Thinking of you and hoping baby comes soon!

25. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@meltini: can't wait to see pics of your lo! Congratulations
    @littlegbee: good luck on your home birth! I hope it's a quick labor!
    @mrsclownfish: keep hanging in there! And sleep for me!

26. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@LittleGBee: Hope all is going well!!

27. LittleGBee

apricot / 319 posts

Anderson James made his appearance early this morning at 1:30am. He's a big guy, 9lbs13oz, 21 inches long. Labor was manageable and relatively easy until my water broke. He never dropped, so he went from being super high to birthed in 18 minutes. It was intense.

Despite having a 2.5 degree tear with my first, the midwives coached me through pushing and I only ended up with one stitch.

So thankful for this home birth experience and being surrounded by people who trusted my abilities to birth this time around. It makes SUCH a difference.

28. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@LittleGBee: Adorable! And wow, what an intense experience that must have been birthing in 18 minutes. Congratulations mama!

29. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@LittleGBee: Congrats! I love his little hat! I can't imagine birthing him in 18 mins given his size and only coming out of it with one stitch. You are amazing mama!

30. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

@LittleGBee: congrats and well done mama! 18mins is amazing... is that the pushing time only or including active labour?

31. MrsStormy

clementine / 818 posts

@LittleGBee: he is so adorable! That sounds like a crazy labor, I'm glad you had a great labor experience!

32. LittleGBee

apricot / 319 posts

@MapleMoose: @marionberry: @MrsStormy: Thanks for thinking of us and the well-wishes!

@illumina: Yeah, that wasn't clear was it? I don't really know how long I was in *real* active labor for...maybe a few hours? I'm pretty sure I stalled out at 8cm for awhile because my water simply wouldn't break, so they got me out of the birthing tub so I could labor standing. That really helped my water to break, and I was able to get back into the tub for pushing. Once my water broke, he engaged so quickly that the last 18 minutes were all pushing. It felt like hours though...there was no feeling of relief in pushing this time around.

33. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

@LittleGBee: that sounds pretty similar to me- I started to stall around 8cm but then went from 8-10 really fast. My waters were broken at 10 and I pushed for 45mins. It felt like much longer though!

34. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@LittleGBee: congrats!' What a sweetheart! Love the hat and love the name.

35. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@MrsClownfish: Any progress?

Doctor did a cervical check today at my 39 week appointment. She said they aren't routinely done at this practice anymore since they don't really predict much about the timing of labor but they did jump start both her labors so she doesn't mind trying on her patients that are further along. Cervix is still closed but very thin and baby's head is very far down. Still having contractions, sometimes painful, but nothing progresses and things taper off. If labor doesn't start on its own then we will schedule an induction sometime between Oct 7-10, we pick the date. DH thinks its cool that he could potentially decide his child's birthday. I'm just hoping things progress on their own waaay before that.

36. MrsClownfish

cherry / 199 posts

@MapleMoose: nope. Have a doctors appt this afternoon and will ask him to do a membrane sweep. We will prob be scheduled for an induction on mon at 41 weeks

Maybe something will happen this weekend for both of us!

37. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@MrsClownfish: Fingers crossed!!

38. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@MapleMoose: @MrsClownfish: Fx your babies decide to come out of hibernation soon! We can't wait to meet them! I can't believe my son is two weeks already. Time flies once they get here.

39. MrsClownfish

cherry / 199 posts

Thanks @marioberry

Just had my doctors appt. I am 2 1/2 cm and 70% effaced. He said maybe baby will come this weekend. If not I am going to call him on Monday and will prob be induced Tuesday. He thinks my cervix will be favorable enough to skip a cervical ripener and just start with pitocin.

So we'll see...

40. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@MrsClownfish: that's great news!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee