Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2013 Mamas

1. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@MrsClownfish: I'm hoping your baby makes an appearance this weekend but if not then enjoy the last weekend of being pregnant!

2. MrsClownfish

cherry / 199 posts

Still pregnant....now 40 + 6

3. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@MrsClownfish: I'm sorry but does this mean you get induced tomorrow or just schedule it tomorrow?

4. MrsClownfish

cherry / 199 posts

@marionberry I am not really sure what is happening tomorrow. I am supposed to call the doctor and then I am guessing he will prob want to see me in the office. Maybe he will do another membrane sweep? If that doesnt work maybe induction on tuessay? It is kind of up in tge air right now.

5. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@MrsClownfish: Awww you made baby too comfortable lol! Keep us posted after your appointment tomorrow.

I did some yard work today to try and evict baby. She's moving around a lot but doesn't seem to be ready to meet us yet.

6. MrsClownfish

cherry / 199 posts

Do doctor scheduled my induction for tomorrow night. I was super bummed and went out to lunch and my water broke!

Admitted at 2 1/2 cm and 70% effaced. Wanted to labor at home but made the mistake of calling the doctor.

Had to fight a little to be taken off of continuous monitoring. Now walking around with a iv lock trying to get things moving along.

7. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@MrsClownfish: Yay! I hope you are meeting your baby soon! Also: does your hospital offer telemetry monitoring? Might be an option to allow you to move while being continuously monitored.

8. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@MrsClownfish: I'm so excited for you and glad that things started on their own. You go mama!

9. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@MrsClownfish: exciting!! Good luck and keep us posted!

10. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

That's so exciting! Sounds like your LO didn't want to be induced either!

11. MrsStormy

clementine / 818 posts

@MrsClownfish: woohoo! Good luck mama! Can't wait for an update!

12. MrsClownfish

cherry / 199 posts

They want to give me some pitocin to get my contractions closer together. Last check was 3 1/2 - -4 cm and 100% effaced.

A little worried I won't be able to do it without an epidural as the contractions are already super intense. Trying to stay calm.

13. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@MrsClownfish: You can do it! Have faith in yourself!

14. MrsClownfish

cherry / 199 posts

I caved and got the epidural it was just super intense since my water had already broken. Feeling good now, was still at 3 1/2 two hours ago. The nurses said getting to 4 is usually the hardest and then things progress better from there.

15. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

@MrsClownfish: no shame in getting the epi. I got it too because I was getting uncomfortable and I don't regret it for a second. I was mostly comfortable after that and now look back fondly on my whole experience. Hopefully you're holding your bundle soon

16. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@MrsClownfish: There's nothing wrong with getting an epidural, especially if it makes labor a more enjoyable experience. Looking forward to the big update!

17. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@MrsClownfish: I'm sorry I missed this yesterday! I'm thinking your lo should be here about now. I hope you two are cuddling away!

18. Meltini

apricot / 495 posts

Getting the epidural was one of the best decisions I made throughout labor and delivery. You can always have them turn it off or down when it is time to push.

19. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

Oh I so wish I could relate to all of you ladies with normal vaginal deliveries...all I know is a spinal block, where you feel absolutely nothing lol.

20. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

I'm assuming BabyClownfish has arrived by now.

::sings:: All by myselffffff

21. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@MapleMoose: Oh you poor thing! It's officially October too. Any induction plans?

22. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@marionberry: I see the doctor for a weekly visit on Friday. She said pick a day between Oct 7-10 to be induced, so baby has one week to come out on her own. I'm trying all the old (mid)wives tales to jumpstart labor and while they trigger contractions things taper off after awhile. How are things as a new mom?

23. MrsClownfish

cherry / 199 posts

Ugh it was a long 25 hours of labor, 2 1/2 hours of pushing and a c section. Obviously not what I wanted but baby Leon Jacob is perfect.

Will give the full story tomorrow.

24. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@MrsClownfish: Congratulations! What a cutiepie! And you my dear are a champ.

25. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@MrsClownfish: He looks super cute! Congratulations! I can't believe you ended up with the one thing I said I'd hate-recovery from a vaginal attempt and a c-section. Take all of the pain meds you can get and really take it easy! Thinking of you!

26. LittleGBee

apricot / 319 posts

@MrsClownfish: You're right, he is perfect! Congrats, mama! I hope your recovery goes smoothly and that he's an easy baby after all of that.

@MapleMoose: Hang in there! I keep coming back to check on ya.

27. MrsStormy

clementine / 818 posts

@MrsClownfish: he is darling! Congratulations!

@MapleMoose: Thinking of you, and hoping that your lo makes an appearance very soon.

28. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@LittleGBee: @MrsStormy: Thanks ladies! I'm hoping I don't have to wait much longer to join you in the postpartum thread.

29. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@MrsClownfish: what a gorgeous baby!!! Congrats!!

30. illumina

pomelo / 5469 posts

@MrsClownfish: congrats mama! Hope you are getting plenty of rest

31. LittleGBee

apricot / 319 posts

@MapleMoose: How are you doing?!

32. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@LittleGBee: Had another appointment today. Scheduled a non-stress test and fluid check ultrasound for Monday morning. They scheduled my induction for Wednesday. Had a cervical check again today and while baby's head is very far down and my cervix is softened and thinned, I'm still not dilated at all. Having contractions but they keep tapering off. Thank you for asking! I feel like I've been pregnant forever. How's life as a new mommy?

33. LittleGBee

apricot / 319 posts

@MapleMoose: Got any hills to climb? I'm happy to hear that baby is quite comfortable in there, but I'm sorry you have to experience the past-due eternal waiting. Total bummer. I hope that baby gives you a nice, easy labor and is a great sleeper upon arrival! Both my babies have been late and big and have also been fantastic sleepers..so maybe it's actually a thing? Who knows.

Life with two has been good so far. I feel great, but that means that I'm at risk for doing too much, so I got a scolding from the midwives today. Oops. I miss holding my older kiddo and it breaks my heart that I can't pick her up right now. I'm trying to get her to snuggle, but she's really not a snuggler.

34. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@LittleGBee: I hope my baby follows suit and is a good sleeper like your babies! That would be nice. Waiting is torture. Is your older child old enough to understand why mommy can't pick her up right now? If she isn't, at least she probably won't remember this anyways!

35. MrsStormy

clementine / 818 posts

@MapleMoose: I'm sorry your still waiting I'm sure that's frustrating! But the end is in sight, less than a week no matter what until you get that show on the road!

36. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@MrsStormy: Exactly! The end is in sight. I'm trying to stay busy so time passes quicker. Hope all is well with the new baby.

37. MrsClownfish

cherry / 199 posts

@MapleMoose: I know how you must be feeling being overdue but I bet you go into labor before our induction an if not I am sure I will all go smoothly

As for my birth story ..... I called he doctor on Monday morning thinking I was going to be induced that day but was told there was no beds an that it would be Tuesday into Wednesday and we would start with cytotec even though I was already dilated. I was not happy about it of course. We decided to go out to lunch and as we were jut leaving after eating my water broke in the parking lot.

I knew if I called the doctor I would be on a timeline to deliver but wasn't really sure what I was supposed to do. So I called the doctor and was sent to the hospital to confirm. Water definitely broken I was admitted and then had a little fight with the resident doctor and med student who told me I had to have continuous monitoring and lay down. I called my doctor and was taken off the monitor and allowed to walk around for two hours.

After that I was checked and ultimately made to lay back down because the baby's head was still high and thy were very concerned about cord prolapse since my water had already broken. This is when they suggested pitocin to get me dilated some more since I was at 2 1/2. Contractions were intense and I resigned myself to the fact that if they were going o get them to every 2 minutes I would need the epidural. At least I was able to use my hypnobabies breathing while I go the epidural and it didn't hurt at all.

I labored through the night and was at 6 cm when I started to feel the urge to bear down. This was because the baby's head was low. I got a boost on my epi to quell the urge until I had fully dilated. By 8 am I was 8cm and shortly thereafter was fully dilated. I was super excited to push but after 2 1/2 the baby would not budge over my tailbone though my pelvis. It sucked especially since the nurses and my husband could see the top of his head every time I pushed. My doctor suggested the c section after 1 1/2 hours but let me push for another at my request.

After 25 hours labor, baby was born by c section.

I am super bummed that I did no get to birth vaginally but am not sure what I could have done to change the outcome.

Anyways.....that is Leon's birth story.

38. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@MrsClownfish: I hope things progress on their own without needing the induction but we shall see. Great birth story. At least your water broke in the parking lot rather than while sitting inside the restaurant! How are you settling in with your bundle of joy?

39. MrsStormy

clementine / 818 posts

@MapleMoose: Thinking of you!!!! Can't wait to hear about your lo's arrival!

40. MrsClownfish

cherry / 199 posts

@MapleMoose: good luck tomorrow! Sending good vibes your way

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee