Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2013 Mamas - Postpartum

1. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@jetsa: Still nursing 2-3 times a day. I'm going to let her do what she will at least through the winter (fight off all those new daycare colds with the antibodies). Then I'll reassess. Sounds like being preggo makes weaning much easier!

@MapleMoose: Why not get one gender neutral outfit for taking home and them just rely on your older LO's handmedowns for the first couple of weeks until you go shopping/get presents? I got a few gender neutral stuff last time, but did lots of shopping afterwards. The neutral stuff just didn't seem as cute anymore after we knew LO was a girl.

2. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@jetsa: @grace: Wow good for you to last that long. I ran out of milk at 9 months. We've been on formula for quite awhile.

3. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@Grace: I knew I was having a girl the first time and everything newborn from the shower is pink or purple. I checked the bin of newborn clothes and couldn't find anything that wasn't screaming girl. Not that LO2 would know any better if it's a boy but I know I'd get such grief from my Dad, the man's man. (I know.) With postpartum hormones and sleep deprivation I just want to avoid that altogether. If LO2 is a girl then I don't need a single thing. I know this isn't a huge issue in the grand scheme of things but I was surprised that I went to three stores and couldn't find any gender neutral outfits.

4. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@marionberry: it's just luck of the draw, I think.

@MapleMoose: Lol - gotcha. It is pretty bad. I was really annoyed at the lack of neutral clothes. I think I mostly bought "boy" clothes that didn't scream boy.

5. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@MapleMoose: @grace: When we were purchasing things prior to getting pregnant we bought a number of gender neutral items. A lot of them we got from Carter's but it took some searching - sure the white bunting he got has a girly looking bear on it but otherwise you'd never know it was for girls. I noticed that Gap has some pretty cute gender neutral things right now and it's currently 40% off time. I might head over and pick up a few things right now. AFM, if we have a girl my friend has said she'll give me all of her girl clothes and if we have a boy we have lots of that, so I'm hoping either way I won't have to buy too many new outfits unless I want to. Lord knows we have a lot of gear to buy!

6. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@marionberry: Hmm... Might have to add Gap to my shopping stops this weekend. Thanks for the tip! Also, I do not envy you having to get duplicate gear.

7. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

First fever over here. He's pitiful he's slept more today than he ever has in his entire life.

8. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@jetsa: Oh no Hope it's a quick illness and speedy recovery. So hard to see our babies sick.

9. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@jetsa: I'm sorry. J' s been sick a few times. It's always rough. Praying he gets better soon.

10. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@jetsa: Oh! Poor baby! I hope he's better soon.

11. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@MapleMoose: @marionberry: @Grace: thanks guys. He's so lethargic, I hate seeing him like this. We're battling temps between 102-103. he's been sick before but never fevers.

12. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@jetsa: well I can tell you that as scary as it is, it will pass. Regularly dose with Tylenol or Ibuprofen but if it doesn't start going down call his pedi.

13. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@marionberry: thanks and will do

14. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@jetsa: How's your little guy feeling today?

15. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@MapleMoose: Ok, his temp is down to 101.8 and he's not as lethargic but he's not eating much and we're having to really keep offering him liquids to get him to drink. He was exposed to strep last weekend and I'm guessing that's what's going on

16. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@jetsa: Ugh, strep is no joke

17. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@MapleMoose: yea we'll take him in tomorrow.

18. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

Hi ladies! miss this board. Im excited for all those expecting #2, im super excited for LO #2 but nervous about the transition.

I need help though with Christmas! What are you thinking of getting LO for Christmas....I'm out of ideas as he got pretty spoilt for his bday!

19. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs squirreld: Congrats on No 2! As for Christmas, LO is getting a play kitchen. I'm definitely living the childhood I didn't have - I always wanted a play kitchen.

20. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@Grace: Thanks oooh good choice. Which one are you getting?

21. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs squirreld: This one. It's in a bazillion pieces in the office. http://www.amazon.com/KidKraft-53260-Uptown-Espresso-Kitchen/dp/B00592BOAO

22. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@Grace: oh i love it! We just don't have the room for something like that in our current house. boo.

23. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@Mrs squirreld: Congratulations! When are you due?

@Grace: We are getting LO1 a play kitchen for Christmas too and I've also had my eye on that one. Are you getting any extras like play food or pots/pans? My mom is getting the extras as some of her gifts and she found some sets at Costco.

24. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Mrs squirreld: We haven't really thought it through too much yet but I think we're getting J something to ride on.

25. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@MapleMoose: For now, it's just going to be the kitchen (cause it's a pretty pricey gift). She got some felt veggies for her birthday and her grandparents might be getting her some accessories. Also, we've got a kitchen full whisks and wooden spoons and tupperware containers for her to use for now.

26. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@MapleMoose: thanks may 25th.
    @marionberry: i hadnt either and then realised how close christmas was so started to panic! Haha ride on is perfect...we got e one for his bday though.

27. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

We ended up getting this

28. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@Mrs squirreld: whoa! That's supercool! I've never seen such a thing. Where did you get it?

29. MapleMoose

grapefruit / 4213 posts

@Mrs squirreld: That should keep him busy! Looks fun to me.

30. Mrs squirreld

nectarine / 2522 posts

@Grace: from a place in australia called the playroom so that probably doesnt help. ive seen a few different wooden tool work benches though online?
    @MapleMoose: he loves turning nuts and bolts so hes going to love it and get many years out of it i hope!

31. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

How's everyone doing? What is LO's latest milestone?

We are good, life is crazy but that is to be expected. LO is finally walking 95% of the time and picking up words like crazy, I guess I better start watching my mouth

32. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@jetsa: We're doing good. Finally settling into a rhythm, I think. Although all the daycare illnesses have started. Not fun! LO is walking most of the time too. So fun to see her toddling around! And I think we got a word. Bah. Which I think is Book. She points to the books and says "bah", anyways.

33. Charm54

cantaloupe / 6885 posts

@jetsa: we are well!! Congrats on your pregnancy, btw - so exciting!

C is running around and starting to pick up words. She says "bah" for book, ball, bath and bottle. She says "lala" for elmo, "pop" for Popsicle and woof for our dog.

She says dada all day long, but mama at 3am. Little monkey! When I say "C, say mama" she looks right at me with an impish grin and says loudly "DADA" then laughs her head off.

She's sick ATM which is so sad to see. It looks like tomorrow will be a snow day for me though so I'm glad I'll get to keep her home from daycare for some extra snuggles.

34. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

I hear you ladies on daycare illnesses! They keep getting j and then me! J is into everything. He runs, climbs, throws balls, etc. Starting a couple of months ago he started saying tons of words. He says mommy, dada, puppy, cracker, please, thank you, touchy (for touch it), ba (ball), bottle, and more. I keep telling DH he needs to watch his potty mouth. Ds is also really mommy clingy lately. Anyone else have this problem? I'm also finding parenting far more difficult in this stage of chasing and disciplining him. I am a bit stressed about adding two more to this craziness!

35. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@marionberry: I have a milestones chart that says that toddlers have more separation anxiety that peaks around 18 months and then decreases. That could be what is going on. Mine is clingy too, but she's also been sick or teething for several months now, so I haven't paid much attention to it as a developmental thing.

36. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

Anyone thinking ahead to potty training? I had no intention to start before he turned 2 but he's super interested in the toilet, I got some books from the library today about it but it's just a distant thought at the point!

37. Grace

cantaloupe / 6730 posts

@jetsa: The farthest I've gotten is to buy a potty. I have it in the bathroom and sometimes get LO to sit on it whole I undress her for the bath. Mostly, she just likes to carry it around the bathroom.

38. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@Grace: I just bought a seat as well, he has a chronic rash from teething and I'm just so sick if it. Posts like mrs rabbits make me think it's possible

39. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@jetsa: I can't even imagine potty training until the twins are older. My life will be nuts as it is. Jack does understand a lot about potties and going to the bathroom so he'd probably do fine with it.

40. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@marionberry: I have an extra month or two but I understand, I'm debating jumping in now or using the last week of my maternity leave so July.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee