Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2014 Mummas - Come out where ever you are!

1. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

@Kate6214: lurking but I would call. Most times betas can be run same day so there is no reason for them to take this long unless other tests were run.

2. msmug

apricot / 403 posts

Hi there. I'm popping into the Sept board to say hello even tho the always - correct (sarcasm) Internet suggests that my due date is 8/30. Since this is my first, I may likely end up delivering in September. Congrats to all you ladies!!

3. mrs. 64

nectarine / 2936 posts

@Kate6214: I would definitely call. I had betas last Monday and yesterday and I've gotten both results back already. Betas are usually ready the day you have them done. They might have forgotten to call in the holiday shuffle.

4. Kate6214

cherry / 245 posts

So I called this morning and they still don't have the labs back. They don't do them in house. Last time it only took 2 or 3 days and that included a weekend so I'm sure it's just the holidays. She did say I can feel free to check back, so I guess I call again on Thursday. I hate all this waiting. I quit peeing on things, but this really ramps up the urge.

5. mrs. 64

nectarine / 2936 posts

@Kate6214: I'm sorry that is frustrating. Mine get sent out too because of insurance and they are still back the same day or the next. Hope time flies until you hear something!

6. Kate6214

cherry / 245 posts

@mrs. 64: Thanks

@msmug: Welcome. I'm on the fence too!

7. sorrycharlie

hostess / watermelon / 14932 posts

I just got a little emotional seeing this thread! I'm a Sept 2012 Mom. holy cow..how has it been so long already?!

soooo happy for you all!! such a great time of year!

8. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Cautiously joining the fray.

I got my completely random and unexpected BFP yesterday (we had been referred to fertility and we're in the middle of diagnostic testing). I took an HPT just to make sure before asking for progesterone to bring on my period and I got a BFP!

Been testing nonstop on my Wondfos and CBEDs since then. We are very happy, but we've had had 2 MCs so I guess I'm feeling paranoid. This pregnancy already feels different in terms of symptoms from the last ones, so part of me wants to think its a good sign, and yet another part of me thinks something may be wrong. I don't know!

Today I feel remarkably "good" compared to yesterday. I felt tired and queasy all day yesterday and had a headache. Today I woke right up and felt great and haven't felt any symptoms. I think this is wigging me out because the first time I MC'ed I stopped having symptoms one day and started feeling "great" so I thought I turned a corner but it turned out I had MC'ed, so perhaps that's what's got me wigged out.

Oh well, I guess I can't do anything about it. Just gotta stay positive! Its not clear when I ovulated or conceived and my cycles are really irregular, but my best guess is that our due date is sometime in mid-September. Best of luck to all!

9. Mrs. Confetti

blogger / pomegranate / 3491 posts

@gingerbebe: welcome!! Sticky sticky baby dust for you - hopefully those symptoms are a gooooood thing

@Kate6214: sorry for all the waiting Hope it doesn't put a damper on your new years eve.

To all - happy booze-free new years eve!

10. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

decided to join, since this is becoming more real!

Estimated Due Date (EDD): 9/11

When Did You Find Out?: 12/28

Child Number: First

Where You Live: Boston, MA

What kind of provider will you see?: my wonderful OBGYN I've been seeing for a decade

When's Your First Appointment?: February 7th

What kind of birth do you want?: an easy one! I haven't really thought about this stuff yet.

What You're Most Excited For: having a little family with DH

What You're Most Scared About: miscarriage, feeling lousy

Symptoms so far: super tender boobs and headaches (prob from quitting coffee!)

Any fun plans to kick off the new year?: a lovely dinner with some friends, although it should be difficult to hide the lack of drinking! Ugh. I stink at lying...

Happy New Year everyone.

11. T.H.O.U.

@Kate6214: That is really crazy. Ours uses an outside lab too and they had them back in 2 days. I can't imagine the holidays delaying that much. I'm sure everything is going great though!

12. Kate6214

cherry / 245 posts

@gingerbebe: Welcome. There are many of us here that have had at least one loss. Glad you are staying positive!

@psw27: Welcome! I'm a horrible liar too. I tried to hide my drinking from my sister on Christmas Eve and she totally sniffed me out.

@Mrs. Confetti: Thanks. We have a party to go to tonight , which is always low key so I am looking forward to that.

@T.H.O.U.: Thanks. The receptionist on the phone made it sound like she was surprised it wasn't there yet. I'm just anxious to see how far along I am and they won't schedule any appointments unless they confirm the pregnancy. I know I'm pregnant. I've taken way more tests that I care to admit and I've had no bleeding. Thanks for the good thoughts.

Happy New Year to everyone. Any tips on hiding drinking tonight? (as previously mentioned I'm a bad liar and I'm not really ready to spread this news to the world)

13. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Our clinic finally got back to us. They want us to come in for an HCG test right away and then do the follow up on Thursday. I really hope the numbers are good.

14. Kate6214

cherry / 245 posts

@gingerbebe: I'm glad they are able to get you in! Fingers crossed for some good numbers

15. Mrs. Confetti

@psw27: welcome!!! And congrats! Sticky dust to you

16. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

Thanks @mrs.confetti and @kate6214!

@kate6214 as for drinking tonight, I have no idea what I am going to do! I thought about trying to snag the waiter when we are out to dinner and telling him to make all of my "vodka sodas" just soda water but my husband said that its better to just tell everyone I am not drinking because of medication... I stink at lying though so I'd rather just pretend. Its hard because its a seated dinner and I know everyone will want to get a bottle of wine. Maybe I just let them pour it, pretend to sip it and say nothing? I have no idea!

17. Mrs. Jump Rope

blogger / coconut / 8306 posts

@gingerbebe: congrats! Glad you're here. Can you get in for a beta?

@psw27: can you say you're DD? I went to a winery a few days after my BFP. My brother kept trying to pour me merlot and I keep resisting. He accepted my "no, no thanks!" answer. And just for balance my husband asked if I was sure if he had persisted I'd have told him I was DD!

18. Mrs. Jump Rope

I had my third beta today and it came back at 187

My ultrasound is scheduled for January 13 to see how many bambinos are in there!

19. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Yes, I'm going in for a beta in like 30 minutes! Hopefully the numbers go up! I'll have my second on Thursday.

20. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope - Ugh, no we live in the city and are going out in the city so its cabs everywhere! Maybe I can offer to drive tonight and valet to avoid the hassle of finding a cab after midnight... I also have a friend going who is a nurse and would probably ask me what medication I am on if I said I couldn't drink because of it.. I better google something!

21. Mrs. Jump Rope

@psw27: I feel you. I turned down a party invite because I really just couldn't come up with anything other than DD... And I don't think ill make it to midnight anyway!

22. psw27

pomelo / 5220 posts

@mrs. jumprope As much as I love the restaurant we are going to, I kind of wish it was a jammies and Chinese food kind of new years... I think I will be struggling to make it to midnight!

23. Kate6214

cherry / 245 posts

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Yay for good numbers!

24. T.H.O.U.

@Mrs. Jump Rope: So what are your three numbers? Thats a great rate!

25. Mrs. Jump Rope

@T.H.O.U.: 14, 50 and 187

26. T.H.O.U.

@Mrs. Jump Rope: Yea thats way more than doubling!

27. Mrs. Jump Rope

@T.H.O.U.: nearly quadrupled and a little more than tripled!

28. CoprtopMom

apple seed / 3 posts

Hi! Newbie here, wanted to join in on the introductions.

Estimated Due Date (EDD):
    Sept 11, based on LMP

When Did You Find Out?:
    New Year's Eve morning-I had been having cramps and thought I was out since I had been so sick around ovulation time. I tested, just in case, only to be completely surprised to see a positive!

Child Number:
    This will be number 2, I have a son who is 14 months old.

Where You Live:
    The DC suburbs, "outside the beltway"

What kind of provider will you see?:
    I'll be calling my regular OBGYN office next week, they were really great the first time around.

When's Your First Appointment?:
    With it being so early and the holiday this week I decided to call on Monday of next week to schedule.

What kind of birth do you want?:
    My son was a large baby (10lbs 12oz!) and I ended up having a c-section, unplanned. This time it will be a planned c-section as I have no reason to believe this child will be smaller.

What You're Most Excited For:
    Siblings!

What You're Most Scared About:
    It took us longer to conceive this time so I am more worried about miscarrying for some reason.

Symptoms so far:
    Some mild lightheadedness and some cramping that has subsided, must have been implantation

Any fun plans to kick off the new year?:
    We spent NYE with friends and no one seemed to notice I was drinking sparkling apple juice instead of champagne.

Do you have a blog?:
    Nope

Share a picture of your bfp, announcement, &/or chart:
    I have a pic on my phone but it is just of a digital test reading "pregnant". There have also been two cheapies and a First Response, all with two lines. I think I am still a little in denial, ha ha!

Glad to meet everyone here, here's hoping I get to stick around!

29. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Sigh. They don't have my first set of betas back yet, but other than feeling queasy on the day I got my BFP, I've had like no symptoms since Monday. I keep taking the cheapie strip tests and the line doesn't seem to be getting darker and some of them look fainter! Grr.

I've got to go in for my 2nd set of betas today. Hopefully those come back soon so I can know one way or another what's happening.

30. Mrs. Confetti

@CoprtopMom: Welcome!

@gingerbebe: Sorry for the beta waiting - hope that you can get info today when you go in for the second set.

31. Mrs. Confetti

I just scheduled my first appointment for Jan 30th with a MIDWIFE! Woo hoo - victory for me - DH said as long as I never utter the words "home birth" he is cool with the midwife thing.

32. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

Got my first set of betas back - 58. That was the day after I got my BFP, so the clinic says they want to see over 116 on my draw today. I should get the results of the 2nd beta tomorrow. Fingers crossed. Interesting, the fertility clinic wants to release me directly to a regular OBGYN instead of monitoring me for a while because I got KU'ed on my own before we started any treatments.

33. Mrs. Jump Rope

@Mrs. Confetti: woo!! We should start an appointments thread.

34. Torchwood

pomelo / 5607 posts

@Mrs. Confetti: Woohoo! I'm looking to go to a midwife as well! DH doesn't care, though I expect he'd be just like yours if I were to mention a homebirth.

@gingerbebe: That first one sounds good! Hopefully you get news of great numbers tomorrow!

35. Mrs. Confetti

@Mrs. Jump Rope: rather than a separate thread (may be hard to juggle two+ threads and follow), I'm going to be brave and start the due date list and we can do one for appointments too.

36. Mrs. Confetti

September Mamas

9/1 katie6214 (#1)
    9/3 brownbear (#1)
    9/5 mrs.hawk71 (#1)
    9/6 torchwood (#1)
    9/8 mrs. jump rope (#2)
    9/8 mrs. confetti (#2)
    9/11 psw27 (#1)
    9/11 coprtopmom (#2)
    TBD gingerbebe (#1)

Appointments

1/30 mrs. confetti
    2/7 psw27

I can try to update this periodically, but for appointments, it might be easier for people to copy/paste the list and add their appt. date when they'd like to update the group.

37. Mrs. Confetti

also, the numbers next to people's names is something I stole from the august moms (who I believe stole it from July...) - it's the number child this will be for you. We have a healthy split between first time moms and veterans, it seems

38. gingerbebe

cantaloupe / 6131 posts

So this is annoying. The fertility clinic wants me to be monitored by my OB-GYN going forward because I got KU'ed by myself. The only problem is I don't have an OB-GYN! I've fired 1 midwife, 3 OB-GYNs, and an NP since I joined my HMO and I haven't found one I like yet. Every single one of them has talked down to me, would not take my concerns seriously, and horribly managed both of my miscarriages. After frantically researching the Internet today, I found a well-reviewed OB-GYN in my HMO system who does both OB and infertility and I guess pretty senior in the practice, so I decided to go with him. He's like 40 minutes away from me, which is why I may not have looked into him before, but I don't care about distance at this point. The only thing is, I switched to him today, but he's out on vacation until January 8th.

This means I'd be in limbo for like a week, which I couldn't handle, so I called my fertility clinic and explained the situation. I asked them if they could authorize a 3rd beta and a progesterone test to see if those levels were okay because of my prior losses. She said absolutely and ordered them for me immediately.

However, she told me something interesting thing. She said that if my progesterone levels turned out to be low, its more likely a symptom of miscarriage rather than the cause of it. She said that doctors used to prescribe progesterone for women with lower levels, thinking it might help prevent miscarriage, but found no real success by doing that. She said recent studies have found its actually the other way around - the lower levels are an indication that a miscarriage is occurring, and not a cause. She said in their practice, true progesterone deficiencies have been quite rare. I've never heard that before, so something to think about I guess.

While I'm waiting for my 2nd beta result, I'm still testing away because I'm nuts. Does anyone know how much less HCG is in your urine compared to your blood? I'm curious as to what the discrepancy is between the 2 but I can't find anything on Google about it. I'm wondering if my blood HCG level is 58, then how much lower is it in my urine? I have been home testing with FMU the last few days and the positive lines don't seem to be getting any darker, but then I realized my blood HCG is still low, so my urine may not have caught up yet? Does this sound reasonable?

Fingers crossed the nurse has good news for me in the morning!

39. Bao

GOLD / wonderful apricot / 22276 posts

Just want to say congrats to you all! I was part of the Sept 12' boards but had an August baby, it's crazy there is another September board already!

40. Kate6214

cherry / 245 posts

@gingerbebe: I'm sorry you are still waiting on results. I don't really have any symptoms either. Your pee can have different concentrations and therefore different results. A line is a line. I hope you get your next set of betas back quickly.

@Mrs. Confetti: good luck with your midwife. I'm glad your husband is on board with what you want. Also thanks for putting together the list!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee