Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2016 moms!

1. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@skipra: Going to a labor day party Sunday and have a pedicure planned the same day. Otherwise, relaxing and trying to sleep as much as possible before having this baby!

2. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@skipra: we are going to Cincy for my husband's mountain bike race and we will hit up Ikea while we are there. We need a new couch and I don't want to wait weeks and weeks for one, so we are going to test out couches there. Then on Monday I'm hoping to get the last two coats of paint on my cabinet doors and spray my hardware so we can install them next weekend.

36 weeks tomorrow! Physically I am done, but I'm in a better place mentally than I have been for the past few weeks. Funny thing: my stomach gurgled and it scared baby girl so much that she jumped it was adorable to see my whole belly jump!

I have my midwife appointment and GBS swab on Tuesday, and while Imm there I'm going to ask for a cervical check since she will be down there anyway. I've never had one and I know it won't mean anything, but since this is my last pregnancy, I might as well ask for the experience lol.

3. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@skipra: I'm not glad to hear that you had many Braxton Hicks contractions with your second, but glad to know it was more common. It's just so funny that I have no recollection of this at all last time. But there are also so many things that I've blocked out!

@MrsKoala: It was actually a very crazy week at work, but I've tried to take some of my emotion out of it. It seems to be helping and I feel a little bit less stressed, even though things are still not settled.

4. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@skipra: I am totally conscious that this might be our last baby-free weekend! We have a few outdoor festivals and flea markets we will probably visit this weekend since the weather won't be so miserable. We are gonna watch the Jungle Book with our three year old too.

5. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@Periwinkle: My BH contractions are so much worse than last time. They are super intense and sometimes even hurt a little. I can make them stop if I get up and stop moving around usually.

6. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@tlcbaby: my BH contractions have been really intense. Sometimes I wonder if they are the real thing, but that feeling passes quickly. They weren't like this the first time. They get pretty crampy feeling but don't feel useful if that makes sense.

7. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@maddyz: @tlcbaby: @Periwinkle: Mine are also really intense, bordering on painful sometimes. It really threw me for a loop.

8. Mrsbells

squash / 13199 posts

Happy labor day everyone, just checking in to see how everyone is. I'm 38 +4 today and this weekend we did a lot to set up for the baby. everything is basically ready!! so excited! I have about a week to my scheduled c-section

9. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Mrsbells: Happy Labor Day! So exciting that you have just a week left! I am 38+3 today and having tons of really strong BH with a few real feeling contractions here and there. Kind of similar timing to LO2 so hoping that means this baby will arrive right on time as well.

10. Mrsbells

squash / 13199 posts

@skipra: ah we are almost due date twins! yeah its so great to have baby arrive on time. last time i went past my due date and the waiting was so hard

11. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

36 weeks and TIRED. We had a 4:30 am wakeup yesterday and I'm still not over it. We went for a hike today and starting next week I'm going to do all I can to walk this baby out.

12. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Mrsbells: I haven't gone past my due date really (labor started on LO2's due date but he arrived the next day) but I can't even imagine it with this pregnancy. I have NO room left and am feeling very done! The thought of another 3 weeks is a nightmare! Is yours a repeat C-sect? Nice to know the latest that baby will arrive!
    @avivoca: My bladder has been my 4-5am alarm clock and I can't fall back to sleep either. Everyone keeps telling me how tired I look. Thanks, people!

13. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@skipra: I also can't really imagine 3 more weeks of this. But I keeping trying to remind myself that it might happen... I have no energy. I am actually worried that I will start labour super tired out and not properly fed. I need to put self care first these days, wimp out often and try to get dh home for dinner and bedtime as much as possible.

14. katsupgirl

nectarine / 2280 posts

Excited to see who's next to join me on the other side!

@Mrsbells: congrats on getting everything in place for baby!

@skipra: that would be incredible if all your babes were on time babes.

@maddyz: @avivoca: hopefully your babies are merciful and cooperative and don't go past their due dates.

15. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@Mrsbells: I'm so excited that you're feeling prepped! And with a week left I hope you can relax and enjoy yourself for a bit It's so hard when we are racing the clock to get everything done that we think needs to get done.

16. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@skipra: I'm totally with you on the bladder alarm clock. Except that mine's been going off like 3 times each night which has not been fun. But based on where my sleep was a few weeks ago, I'll take it as long as I can get back to sleep (some nights are tougher than others but I've been getting more than my usual 3 hours the past week and a bit so I am thrilled).

@avivoca: I can't believe had the energy for a hike after waking up at 4:30am I know you've been tired this weekend but the fact that you went hiking is just amazing to me! The extend of my exercise these past few weeks has been slowly walking the dog or even more slowly waking with LO while he rides his bike. I hope I will feel like walking a bit more this week if I feel ok, but otherwise I have become way too sedentary for my own good.

@maddyz: I have a lot of the same worries about starting off labor either tired or hungry or both. Since I've been taking something to help me sleep these past few weeks, I'm extra paranoid about going into labor early after taking my Unisom/Benadryl and then having an even harder time. It's amazing how we let the simplest things like eating and resting go when we are so tired. I hope you can find the energy to put yourself first, even as hard as that is.

17. Mrsbells

squash / 13199 posts

@skipra: yes mine is a repeat c section. Last time i went past my due date then had a failed induction and ended up with a csection. This time we decided to just schedule the section. Hopefully it all goes well.
    @Periwinkle: yeah it does feel good to have everything set. We kinda left every to the last few weeks and I was getting anxious so i'm glad it's all taken care of now

18. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Periwinkle: Trust me, the adrenaline of labor will kick in and youll be fine! With LO2, I saw my midwife after havimg contractions for a full 24 hours and she prescribed a strong antihistamine to knock me out so I could get some rest. Well, as soon as I fell asleep, I had the biggest contraction ever and my water broke. It was just over an hour later that LO2 arrived. But despite my exhaustion and sleeping pill I was ready to go! It was like I had never taken anything at all. And now that you've mentioned Unison, i think I am going to take one again to stave off the middle of the night insomnia!

@maddyz: I was thinking the same thing about starting labor too tired but I'm sure we will both get through it!

@Mrsbells: good luck! I'm sure recovery will be much easier without having to go through a failed induction this time.

19. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

4 more days of work and due date is Saturday. I'm exhausted, ladies!

20. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

I put my back out this morning trying to get LO1 into the stroller... not too much longer.

21. Mrsbells

squash / 13199 posts

@skipra: Thanks and goodluck to you too! I really hope the recovery is better this time. At the very least I will have a shorter hospital stay last time I was in for 5 days

22. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@MrsKoala: Hooray!

@maddyz: I definitely did that earlier in the pregnancy and it was awful. I hope you feel better!

36 week appointment was today. Baby is all out front. I had my first and hopefully last cervical check. Cervix is soft, but closed. I'm having mild contractions, but they said I could have several runs of those before I go into labor at all.

23. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

I've pretty much moved over to the Facebook group (everyone come over there!!), but I know a few people aren't in there so I wanted to share our news...

After a failed ECV yesterday morning, they scheduled me for a c-section at noon. They were very worried about sending me home because if my water broke there would be nothing stopping the cord from prolapsing. So, we stayed.

Norrin Radd joined us at 12:43pm. He is 9lbs 1.6oz and 22in long. He has been nursing and sleeping and is very alert when he is awake.

24. katsupgirl

nectarine / 2280 posts

@tlcbaby: happy baby! Welcome N!

@MrsKoala: so close! How's the day?

25. Mrsbells

squash / 13199 posts

@tlcbaby: Awww congrats!!! he is adorable! This is so exciting to have babies arriving on our board!!!
    How do you feel after your c-section?

26. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@tlcbaby: Congratulations again!!! He's so beautiful!

@katsupgirl: Last day isn't going too badly! No signs of impending labor so I guess I'll take it one day at a time. I had my son at 40+1 so if I make it to Monday, it will be the most pregnant I've ever been.

27. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@tlcbaby: Congratulations!

@MrsKoala: I'm glad your last day is going well so far!

As for me, I'm 37 weeks tomorrow and I'm willing this baby to come soon. I'm so irritable, my sciatica is acting up (to the point that I could barely walk yesterday evening). I can't wait to feel like a functioning person again. My allergies are flaring up and my back hurts SO MUCH from only being able to lay in one position (to avoid aggravating my sciatica). My practice doesn't induce before 42 weeks unless medically necessary, otherwise I would be begging for a 39 week induction. So I'll keep on keepin' on until Baby Girl decides to make her entrance.

28. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@tlcbaby: I am so, so excited for you! I hope the first night went well and I was thinking about you! How are you feeling and how is the big brother adjusting? I love the FB group but I've missed posting here too.

@MrsKoala: I am so happy that it's your last day at work! Enjoy every moment of relaxation you can get after today... I can't believe how close you are!

All is well on my end. I had my 37 week appointment yesterday which went mostly well but the doctor could not confirm that baby was still head down so I am scheduled for an ultrasound this afternoon to double check. She was pretty confident that everything was fine but I have been having some pretty big movements and because of that and the fact that she could not get a good idea of where baby was positioned, she thinks an ultrasound will be a good idea. She told me not to worry but I am not complaining that we have to take another look to make sure he's in a good position. Also, I am Strep B positive this pregnancy (this was determined through a urine sample early on in this pregnancy and confirmed by a culture last week) and also allergic to penicillin so we talked a lot about the treatment plan.

Overall, I am feeling mostly OK, just very uncomfortable and still having a ton of (what I still hope to be!) BH contractions. They come and go throughout the day... at times, I feel like any movement will cause baby to arrive (!) but most of the time I'm just achy and whiny.

How's everyone else doing?

29. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@Periwinkle: I'm GBS + this pregnancy as well. It's a bummer!

30. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@MrsKoala: I'm less annoyed by this than I thought I might originally be, but it's still one more thing to remember! GBS + unite!

31. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Periwinkle: I too am achy and whiny. I hate being so negative but I just feel so awful and I miss being able to do things like a normal person.

32. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@avivoca: Agreed! But then I catch myself and hate that I'm whining, because, all in all, I love being pregnant (I know, I know) and know that I will probably miss it when it's over.

33. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@Periwinkle: achy and whiny sounds about right. I am 39 weeks today and just dragged myself the 3 blocks to work and the AC was off when I got here. It's nasty out. I think I have to leave until it cools down. I am such a big wimp.

I had my appointment this morning and all looks good.

34. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@Periwinkle: Samesies. Overall, being pregnant has been great and I am thankful that I never had a hard time getting/staying pregnant. I just need to remember to count my blessings instead of being a grumpy pants.

35. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@Mrsbells: I felt horrible yesterday! Not feeling my legs was not fun and the anesthesia or the morphine (not sure which one) made me throw up so I couldn't eat. Today, after breakfast and a shower, I feel good. The incision hurts, but Motrin is enough to make it bearable.

36. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@tlcbaby: I'm sorry you felt so bad yesterday!

37. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@avivoca: I'm sorry. Not too much longer. At the end, I felt like every day was just a waiting game.

38. tlcbaby

nectarine / 2750 posts

@Periwinkle: A was funny. He seemed to be interested in the baby, but he had no interest in holding him. He will be coming back up today so maybe he'll be more into it. He did give him kisses before he left.

Good luck with the ultrasound--hopefully baby is staying put!

39. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@tlcbaby: glad you are feeling better today! How long will you be in the hospital?

@MrsKoala: yay for your last day! Do you feel like baby may come soon!

@Periwinkle: good luck with the ultrasound. Hope baby is still head down. Last night baby was stretching and it felt like the head has moved into my hip but the midwife just confirmed that baby is still head down. I think baby swapped sides which is why it felt different.

@avivoca: yup totally over being pregnant right now too! I wanted baby to wait until the 15th or 16th but right now feels good to me too!

Had my 39 week appointment this morning. I was really crampy with some contractions all afternoon and evening yesterday but they stopped overnight. I think they must have been to get baby to change position because it seems like baby is not as low and switched sides. Who knows. Only 1cm and 50% effaced. I hope I can get this baby out before next Friday because my appointment is scheduled with the OB that I just really do not like or feel comfortable with. As soon as it cools down I will work on walking baby out!

40. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@skipra: You can try squatting too. My friends' midwife had her start doing that at 39 weeks and she delivered at 40+1.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee