Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2016 moms!

1. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@MrsKoala: Yup! The glamorous life of higher education We'll have to talk specifics sometime!

2. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@Periwinkle: Absolutely. No wonder I've felt like our jobs seem similar!

3. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@MrsKoala: I know! Let's chat

4. pelikila

pomegranate / 3008 posts

Hi all. I feel like this pregnancy has flown by and somewhere along the way I lost track of time. Currently 36.5 weeks and feeling miserable and swollen, about to go into week 2 of kindergarten for LO1, DH has a broken foot, soccer starts this week for LO1, and I'm starting to push work to others in prep for LO2. The positives are that the nursery is pretty much done, name is picked out for LO2, and we are as ready as we are going to get. Just a waiting game now.

5. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@pelikila: It's so nice to see you here! I am sorry that you're feeling so swollen and icky... it sounds like you have quite a few other things going on too and I am sorry also about your husband's foot

Congratulations on being so prepared, though! I know that has got to be a good feeling (we're so far from even being near ready so I will live vicariously through you!). The waiting game is hard, though, especially when all of the "big things" are taken care of.

How is LO liking kindergarten so far? Such an exciting fall for you!

6. katsupgirl

nectarine / 2280 posts

@pelikila: the end of the pregnancy was just so miserable. I kept telling myself you cant be pregnant forever. Kudos for how prepared you are!

How was the first week? I'm dreading the first week of Pre-k.

7. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@pelikila: Sorry you are feeling so miserable and have so much going on right at the end of the pregnancy! How is K going for your LO? My LO's start preschool on the 13th and it's my younger one's first year so I'm nervous about making it through his first week at least and how he's going to handle it. It's great that you have the nursery and name picked out! We have none of that accomplished yet!

@katsupgirl: How are you and baby boy doing?

8. katsupgirl

nectarine / 2280 posts

@skipra: doing ok over here. I can't stop staring at him! My DH goes back to work tomorrow so I hope someone from my village can spend the day with me.

Recovery this time was way easier! My major worry is how DD is adjusting and making sure she's ok with everything. Bedtime is rough!

9. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@katsupgirl: So happy to hear that you're doing and settling in well! I hope that you have some extra company tomorrow too... it's hard to be solo. Will your daughter be home with you too?

10. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

Question for you ladies: is anyone planning on having the new baby "give" a gift to your older child? I am just trying to think about this and curious what others are doing. My husband would like to give LO his own (small) guitar since he is very interested in playing my husband's. Just not sure this is going to be super exciting to LO.

11. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@pelikila: I'm so done too. Kudos for being so prepared! I'm still getting on to DH to raise the crib and I need to clean it out.

@katsupgirl: I'm glad you are doing well!

My work BFF had her baby last Thursday. I am so jealous but happy for her.

12. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Periwinkle: Popping in to say that yes, the "baby" gave our older one a gift: digital camera. He loves it and has taking lots of photos of the baby and our family.

13. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@pelikila: sorry you are feeling miserable!

@Periwinkle: we are doing a gift. I'm thinking a Paw Patrol something because it is little and we can bring it to the hospital to give it to him.

14. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@Periwinkle: not so much a gift from the baby because I don't think lo1 understands that yet. But he's getting a play kitchen in the next week or so when dh finished it. I am hoping it will get me some nice alone pay time....

15. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

I have 15+ meetings this week and so many lose ends to take care of at work. It's really hard for me to even think about how to start finishing it all up. But I am pretty much ready on the home front, so that feels OK.

37 weeks and having some pretty strong BH contractions and other little weird feelings. I would love to go a little early but need to get though this week. I am worried I won't remember what contractions feel like.

Some friends are throwing a little party for us on the 5th that I am really looking forward to. I am trying to figure out the best way to make it clear we don't need things, and this isn't a shower, just a party. But people keep asking me what we need.

I hope everyone is staying cool!

16. katsupgirl

nectarine / 2280 posts

@Periwinkle: I will have both of them tomorrow. I did a gift in the hospital. I did a MLP playdoh mold. It worked out because it kept her occupied in the hospital and it was something she liked playing with at home. Not sure if she cared who it was "from".

@pregnantbee: i also did camera! More for me than her. One of those Polaroid ones. I used one to take weekly pics of her last and wanted to do that again.

@avivoca: thanks!

I totally forgot/was in denial when they started.
    @maddyz:

17. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@pregnantbee: Great suggestion! I had thought about this a while back and completely forgot about it. What kind did you wind up getting? I'm sure he loves that

18. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@MrsKoala: So funny you mentioned Paw Patrol... LO learned about that show this summer at his camp and we've been checking out the DVDs from the library. As soon as I started looking for a small guitar, one of the first things that popped up was a Paw Patrol one!

19. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@maddyz: Ooooh, I hope you LO loves his play kitchen! That will certainly keep him busy after baby arrives

@katsupgirl: I hope your day is going well so far. Hoping that you're managing OK and getting some rest in there too.

20. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@katsupgirl: I feared the day DH returned to work my entire pregnancy with LO2. It is hard the first few months to have them all by yourself but you will manage and soon you'll wonder what you did with your time before LO2. Hang in there. You can do it!
    @Periwinkle: we are going to let the boys each picky out a stuffed animal from the hospital gift shop. We did this when LO2 was born and it's LO1's favorite. I also have a couple little things for when we get home - a new puzzle and tool set plus it's LO1'S bday so I'm sure there will be lots of new toys to keep them busy the first few weeks.

21. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@Periwinkle: My LO just learned about it as well. We don't have cable so don't really watch much outside of Curious George and Handy Manny that we can find on Hulu but we went away and regular tv had it. He was pretty quickly obsessed because he loves dogs and there was a fire truck.

22. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

I made it through to the other side of my crazy week! Now baby can come whenever it wants to. I finally started prepping my house. I got out the little NB and 0-3 month clothes and washed everything, found the MamaRoo and the Rock N Play. Now I just need to install the infant car seat bases and pack a hospital bag and we are ready to go. It is crazy that in two weeks we will probably have another baby. I can't wrap my head around it.

23. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

@Periwinkle: We got him this one because it was fairly inexpensive and durable and got good reviews:

https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-COOLPIX-Waterproof-Digital-Camera/dp/B00T85PMWY

24. FLnative12

olive / 57 posts

36+4 over here!! Happy to report that it might have taken me alllll weekend, but the car seats are installed, the bags are packed, all of the NB/0-3 clothes and blankets etc. are washed. I think we are as ready as we are going to be! I just have to sterilize bottles/parts and will probably wait another week or two to do that.

I have been having the worst anxiety the past week or two! Not about L&D, but about the newborn phase. DS is 4, so I am starting to wonder about all of the things I forgot about. We are also planning on this baby being our last and I am already feeling panicky about how fast its going to go and how I am never going to get to do this again. Well meaning family/friends are talking about coming to see the baby and wanting to hold/snuggle a new baby and I am having such a strong reaction (in my head so far) of 'NO, she is MY baby'. Seems a little silly, and hopefully just jitters but I had a wicked time with PPA last time and am hoping this isn't a preview of what's in store for me,

Other than that just trying to make it through these last few weeks of work (insert eye roll emoji) and stay positive!

25. katsupgirl

nectarine / 2280 posts

@pregnantbee: I think that's the one my mom is getting DD for her birthday. Such an awesome gift!

@Periwinkle: @skipra: thanks for checking! I'm doing good. Baby boy is so chill which is nice. I managed to feed everyone and get them changed and clean. My sister just came over so I got to shower. #winning

26. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

Guys, I can't believe that September 1 is THIS FRIDAY and that means we are having babies soon!

@MrsKoala: I need to get everything for the swing out and wash it. No idea where we are going to put it, but it will be ready. I got the clothes and diapers ready awhile back. I also need to set up the PNP in our bedroom soon.

27. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@avivoca: omg I was thinking we still had another week in August! Ok starting to freak out now!!!

28. katsupgirl

nectarine / 2280 posts

@MrsKoala: yay for surviving that crazy time! It's going to be so nice to just focus on prepping for baby. How do you like the Mama Roo?

@FLnative12: congrats on being so prepared!! I swear I don't remember anything but I guess it starts coming back. This time around I'm so nervous about him getting sick I don't want anybody to see him. Totally different anxiety this time.

29. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@skipra: You're telling me! I mean, I am the caboose and will probably end up with an October baby, but I cannot believe that in 4 or so weeks we will have babies!

30. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@katsupgirl: I love the MamaRoo. I know just like a swing int that not every kid likes it but it was literally the only place I could put where I could put DS down and he would be happy outside of my arms. Swings did not work for us. He also had reflux and it had just enough of a incline to it that it helped with that.

31. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@skipra: I keep thinking we have another week, too!! And then I look at my calendar and just keep thinking oh shit, any day now.

32. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@MrsKoala: Meanwhile, all of you will have your babies and I'll be over here, hanging out, twiddling my thumbs.

My husband doesn't think I'm serious when I tell him that once I hit 37 weeks, he's going to have to suck it up and do his husbandly duty because I want this baby OUT. But I am.

33. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@avivoca: I bet you will have a baby before the end of the month. Who knows, some of us could go overdue! I'm fully expecting to get as close to my due date as possible since that's what happened the first time.

34. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@MrsKoala: and you are due about a week before me! At least you are way more prepared than we are. We have no infant carrier seat for the baby because when I finally checked our old one out a couple days ago...it is not good.

@avivoca: I am planning to keep this kid in at least until my due date. With lo1's bday and school starting I just can't have the baby until then. So if you go early and I go late....it could just be days apart!

35. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@MrsKoala: I don't know, I delivered late last time, so if I go to 40+3 like I did with H, I'm looking at 10/2 or 10/3. 10/3 is my birthday, so I'd like to not be in labor then. I'm expecting to get close to my due date and resigning myself to being uncomfortable for the next month.

OMG a month left! Time to finish nesting!

36. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@avivoca: I also cannot believe that September is this week! Where did the summer (and our pregnancies!) go?! I've been playing that awful game of "OK, it could be only x more weeks..."

37. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@FLnative12: I'm super impressed!!!! I've done next to nothing so I am just blown away by how ready you seem.

I am right there with you with the anxiety that comes with getting so close. I've been trying to do one small thing every day or so and the fact that I can't get much done has been hard for me. But the idea of having a newborn (again!) is scary in itself. I think I much preferred being in the dark last time around. Like, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. This time I know better but have also forgotten most of the details so it's all a bit scary to me!

38. FLnative12

olive / 57 posts

@periwinkle: Thanks! I got a bit of a finger-wag lecture from my Dr last week about not having all that stuff done and given strict orders to have it done before my next appointment Ultimately I feel better now that it is done. Now I can focus on wrapping up work - which has seriously gone nutso-busy all of the sudden, of course. With how fast the last 8 months has gone I am sure the next 3 weeks will FLY! My due date is my birthday so I am hoping to actually deliver that day so DD and I can share a birthday

39. maddyz

persimmon / 1270 posts

@FLnative12: feel you about the nuts work week. I am hoping next week shows down because I can't do these long days plus handle dinner and bedtime for lo1 solo anymore.

I am about %85 ready. Feeling like I've been super slack in the food prep department and there are still a few things I need to buy.

@avivoca I was one of the last in my Feb group for lo1. It felt like such a long month as everyone went before me. But that time I was also sure I would be very late, so when lo was right on time it was a nice surprise. This time, after the 8th I will be so ready....

40. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@maddyz: I was one of the first last time. But I've got some good company pulling up the rear with me! Sometimes I wish we could know when these babies were coming, but I also like the surprise.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee