Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

September 2016 moms!

1. pelikila

pomegranate / 3008 posts

@Periwinkle: @katsupgirl: @skipra: Kindergarten has gone pretty well for him. Every day we ask for three things he liked and one thing he didn't like and by day 2 he already had trouble thinking of something he didn't like. I was so nervous since I didn't drop him off or walk him to his classroom the first three days the way our school district allows and instead elected to let his before/after school daycare take him like they usually would. I worried over and over that he'd get lost and be miserable and he ended up doing so well! He even goes through the cafeteria line every day (he's a picky eater so this is my attempt to make him take control of his food choices, even when he doesn't like them and make decisions on what to eat). I am so proud of him! As many say, it's so much harder on the parents than the kid. He's been exhausted every day though so by the weekend his temper isn't my usual sweet boy but I can understand as we all adjust to this new normal.

And thank you all for kudos on preparedness! It's a function simply of having moved back in November and not having managed to actually set anything up in that room so it wasn't like the nursery had to be converted from something else. Made my life way easier than it might have been otherwise.

Officially September tomorrow! We can do this!

2. pelikila

pomegranate / 3008 posts

@Periwinkle: We are going to have LO1 give a gift to the new baby and vice versa. LO1 will likely receive some Octonauts toys he saw recently and he's been very into that show. Probably have LO1 give the new baby a book or something since he'll start learning to read this year and maybe can read it to the baby in time.

3. katsupgirl

nectarine / 2280 posts

@pelikila: That's awesome he's doing so well! I'm trying to get us into a school routine before school starts and its rough. I'm worried about how tired she will be.

I'm so jealous of people with real nurseries!

4. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@pelikila: glad kindergarten is going well. I seriously cannot believe it's our month tomorrow. I'm in official denial.

My husband got our infant car seat installed today so all that seems to be left is to pack a hospital bag. I'm totally procrastinating on it.

5. Mrsbells

squash / 13199 posts

@MrsKoala: I cant believe its september tomorrow either! I started packing my hospital bag but I only have a few things in it so far.

6. katsupgirl

nectarine / 2280 posts

Bring on the babies!

7. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

Good luck Ladies! The end is near!

I'm sitting here snuggling my August baby at 3 am!

8. pregnantbee

grapefruit / 4717 posts

Yay for all the upcoming September babies! Like @T.H.O.U.: I'm snuggling my late Juky baby now....except it's almost 1a here!

9. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

@katsupgirl: @T.H.O.U.: @pregnantbee: Thanks, ladies!

It's September!!!! Waking up and seeing the actual date this morning was both exciting and terrifying! I hope everyone's doing and feeling well.

10. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@pelikila: He sounds like such a big boy! So happy to hear he is doing great with K and I love the idea of asking about good/bad things that happened.

@T.H.O.U.: @pregnantbee: Thank you!

Still in denial that we could very well have a new baby any day. But getting ready anyway. DH kicked us out of the house so he can finish work on the bedrooms (lots of sanding) so we are going to do some last minute shopping with my mom today. Big thing is the car seat!
    And speaking of shopping....Huggins is 35%off on Amazon plus an extra 20% with Subscription and Amazon Family. I ordered a huge pack of size 2 for something like $.08 each.

11. katsupgirl

nectarine / 2280 posts

@skipra: I ordered the car seat and it showed up the day before I had him. Thanks Amazon Prime!

12. Mrsbells

squash / 13199 posts

Yay its September!! So darn excited

13. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

Happy September!!! Can't believe it's here! I'm so excited to see the rest of these babies come (we've already had 3!!!). I'm especially excited to find out who these Team Green ( ) babies are.

14. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@skipra: Hope you can find a good car seat deal!

15. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

Hooray it's September!

@skipra: I loooove my Graco Snugride 35. It fits well in most vehicles.

We had a fire alarm go off at work today. Everything was fine (we are installing new devices), but we had to exit the building. It's the fastest I've moved in ages. My legs are killing me after fast walking* down three flights of stairs and then back up.

*fast walking = meandering with haste

16. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@avivoca: hahahah meandering with haste!! I feel like that is my pace when "running" after my toddler these days.

17. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

Happy September to all! So crazy to think my daughter will be (most likely) born in 5 days. This is her birthday month! Squee!

So there's the positive, but the negative is that our front A/C unit went out last night. So praying hard it doesn't have to be replaced because we really can't afford it right now!

18. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@MrsKoala: You are still chasing the toddler? You are my hero. I come home and sit on my birth ball after dinner.

19. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@avivoca: I do daycare pickup and the little rascal runs from me at least one each time. That kid is getting way too fast.

@mrsjd: EEK! I hope it's easily fixable. I can't imagine living without A/C right now.

20. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@MrsKoala: H does that too, but she doesn't go far at least. She likes to sit at the little picnic table with umbrella and pretend to eat. The worst is when she refuses to walk and I have to haul her 27 pound self to the car.

21. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@avivoca: Oh I hear you. That is the worst. We'll be walking and holding hands and he'll all of the sudden go dead weight on me and refuse to walk and so I have to carry him. Except he's 34 lbs...

22. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@MrsKoala: I miss babywearing, because then I could just strap her on if needed. But with the big belly, I can't do that anymore and I'm carrying a kicking toddler or I'm dragging her by the arm looking like Mom of the year.

23. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@MrsKoala: Me neither. It's 82 degrees inside and it's only 11am here. Fortunately we have two units so I'm in the back of the house and cool. But I don't want this unit to overtax itself and break!

24. katsupgirl

nectarine / 2280 posts

@avivoca: that would've been it for me for the day.

Meandering with haste made me chortle!

@mrsjd: is that in the part of the house you spend the most time? At least it didn't happen at the start of summer.

25. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@katsupgirl: Not really (our bedroom is in the broken AC part) and it'll be in the 80s here (southeast Louisiana) for another 3 months minimum. So AC is a must! But we'll get it taken care of! The unfortunate part is that I'm being induced Monday night. So I really need it fixed before baby girl gets home.

26. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@mrsjd: Can you close off the vents to the rooms with the broken A/C and blow fans at the thermostat to trick it into thinking it is cooler? I'm so sorry you are dealing with this. Buy all the fans! I hope you get it fixed soon.

@katsupgirl: I'm totally toast. My sciatica just locks up if I've been sitting for awhile and I grimace the first few steps. Good thing I am going to the chiro today! I also got to park relatively close today (our parking lot is closed), so at least I don't have to walk far to my car.

27. katsupgirl

nectarine / 2280 posts

@mrsjd: I figured that September would mean cooler weather. I'm in the northeast. That's a super bummer. Hopefully it just needs a break and not to be replaced.

@avivoca: you've put up with a lot at your job. I would be a rage monster.

28. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@mrsjd: oh no. Worst case maybe you could find a used window unit for cheap until it gets fixed? I see them for sale on fb yard sale sites all the time and we sold one that way too.
    @avivoca: @MrsKoala: lo2's favorite phrase is "pick me up mom" ugh. I feel great except when I have to lug him around all day. The worst is when he is too tired to climb the stairs at naptime and just sits there crying until I get him.

Does anyone have a Britax B Safe? It's what works with our stroller so just trying to decide between regular or elite version. I think one elite color is on sale on Amazon so I'll probably grab that with a registry discount. I hate choosing car seats!

29. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@skipra: I have the B-Safe. I like it a lot! We use the B-Agile stroller as well so it made sense to get them together. Anything specific you want to know about it?

30. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@katsupgirl: Construction is a b****. The parking lot is closed because the city is repairing the sidewalk, including the drive. But it's almost over. Hopefully I find another job soon!

31. avivoca

watermelon / 14467 posts

@skipra: I don't. They seemed really heavy to carry, plus they don't fit in my car (silly small car).

32. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@skipra: @katsupgirl: Thanks for commiserating ladies. I have an A/C guy out here now. We don't play with A/C repair in the South. They send someone quick! It looks like it'll only be a few hundred dollars perhaps less than $200 (which sucks but is so much better than the alternative).

33. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@skipra: I have the B Safe! But since I'm a first timer I obviously haven't used it yet! It works great with our City Mini GT and adaptors.

34. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@MrsKoala: Just wanted to hear that other people like theirs! We have the B Ready and our old Graco seemed really wobbly with the car seat adapter so that's the biggest reason we want Britax. How long was your LO able to use it? The only bad reviews are that babies outgrow them faster than other seats. My kids tend to be slow growers so I'm hoping to make it to a year or so!
    @mrsjd: Fingers crossed we both like them!

35. mrsjd

clementine / 777 posts

@skipra: I hope so, I've heard the same about the quick outgrowing. We don't have big babies typically in my family so we'll see!

36. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@skipra: We used it until he was 9 months old, however, he could have kept going in it until he was a year old and possibly beyond (he was only 23 lbs and 29.5 inches at that point). I just found a good Black Friday deal on a convertible and switched him over early. I think if your kids are slow growers you should be fine!

37. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@MrsKoala: thanks! That is helpful to hear!

Happy Labor Day weekend, everyone! Maybe the last weekend preggo for some of us! Any good plans?

38. Periwinkle

pear / 1879 posts

Hi ladies. Just came from my 36 week appointment and I am so uncomfortable. I'm definitely having some kind of contractions (hoping they're still just BH contractions) and baby is moving so much and my insides feel like they're in a constant blender. Having very low contractions- not super painful yet- but they last for about 10 seconds each and are pretty constant. They did an internal check and cervix is still closed and long but I am just getting so anxious about what this all means. I certainly don't remember anything like this from last time and am hoping my body is just practicing... well in advance, that is! I'm still so far from feeling ready. Going to focus on getting the hospital bag packed tonight (if I can make it that far!!!!) and the goal was to install the car seat tomorrow and do some shopping for some baby things.

How's everyone else feeling? Happy long weekend!!!!

39. skipra

pomegranate / 3350 posts

@Periwinkle: I had so many more BH with #2 than #1 so it could just be that. At least sounds like a good sign that your cervix is closed.
    I had my 38 week appointment and it appears baby has dropped. I measured 34 weeks last week and only 31 or 32 this week so the midwife says that means he is much lower. I think it literally happened overnight because for the past week I've had heartburn all the time and this morning I had some mucus when I wiped (sorry TMI!). But hoping baby stays put until it's due date.

40. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@Periwinkle: I was definitely having some similar issues last week at 37 weeks while I was really stressed and I was freaking out that I was going to go early. Are you still having a crazy time at work? I really think stress plays a lot into how you feel physically at the end. This week, I have been feeling so much better now that things have eased up and the actual contractions that I was having went away. I hope that's the case for you and I'm so sorry you are uncomfortable.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee