Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Summer 2012 Due Date Thread

1. mediagirl

hostess / wonderful persimmon / 25556 posts

@krsmall: Oh my goodness gracious!! Congratulations!! What was your due date? Did labor come on really fast for you? What a little peanut - I hope he comes out of the NICU soon!!

2. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@krsmall: oh my gosh!!!!!!! Congratulations!!! So glad he is doing okay!! I can't believe the first "summer baby" of this thread is here! I'm also glad that labor was fast for you, 3 pushes?! Wow!

@mediagirl: Lol, I hope we both aren't late! I was on time with my first but I was also dilated and 75% effaced by 37 weeks in the last pregnancy!

3. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

Well I got in and Rey stopped labor for a lot
    of Wednesday afternoon. But after that I kept contracting.

I didn't think they were bad but I
    guess they were effective because I was dilated
    to 9 at 5 am this morning.

My only advice is pack your hospital bag
    now. DH and i were so unprepared

4. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@krsmall: Congratulations! My son arrived at 36 weeks and we were totally unprepared for it too. This time, I'm definitely packing my hospital much much earlier. Can't wait to hear how your little guy's doing!

5. mediagirl

How are all the summer mom's doing? Holding up okay? Our weather the past two days has been so nice, we have had the windows open. Hope it's been that way for everyone!

6. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@mediagirl: aww, I wish we would have nice weather! Still in the 50's, rainy and blah around Seattle.

The LO might be making her debut somewhat soon. I had contractions that were 9 minutes apart but stopped after about an hour. My slope of a baby bump entirely dropped and now I'm just waiting to see what happens. I feel like it will be tomorrow because that's our anniversary and the only day we'd love for her to wait. But we'll see. I haven't seen the mucus plug yet so maybe it could still be awhile...

How's everyone else doing?

7. mediagirl

@HeatherlovesKenny: that's so exciting! I hope the contractions come back and turn into something real for you!!

8. mediagirl

My family is ridiculous. One Grandpa's birthday is today, another on the 5th. My Gram's bday is the 7th. They want the baby to come one of those days. Lol. I told them, sorry, I think this baby's gonna be late. Mom and Dad are so excited, they haven't planned any events (like bridge, canasta, Mexican train, etc) after tonight so they won't have to cancel anything when I go into labor. So cute. They're retired and live 2.5 hrs from here.

9. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@mediagirl: that is pretty cute is this their first grandchild? Any exciting news for you?

Aw, man all action stopped last night, no cramps or contractions...my doctor has talked about an induction past thursday (high BP and GD) but I would really love to go into labor naturally.

I'm sad to see this thread slowing down!

10. mediagirl

@HeatherlovesKenny: I hear you about going naturally, I'm hoping for that, as well but I don't want to go a full 2 weeks after my due date. I'm glad they want to induce at 40w5d!!

Maybe if we keep talking to one another, others will pop back in. Hehe.

11. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

Hello, all -

First off, congratulations, krsmall!

Also, just wanted to announce that we had our baby, Gwendolyn Victoria on Saturday, May 26th. She came into the world at 3:21am and weighed 7 lbs., 6 ozs.

Things have been so crazy that I haven't had much internet time, but I'm slowly getting the hang of it day by day. But seriously, the adjustment is SO hard at times.

12. Shimmer

kiwi / 553 posts

Wow! Two summer babies are here already! Congrats krsmall and Meredithnyc!

Not much to report on my end... just back pain and BH contractions. 27 weeks today!

I'm sending positive labor vibes to those of you who need/want them!

13. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@meredithNYC: congratulations!!!! another early baby!!

14. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@shimmer: Those BH contractions are so uncomfortable sometimes! I get them now a lot more (at 30 weeks) and sometimes my stomach gets so rock hard it hurts! haha.

@meredithNYC: Congratulations! I love her name!!!

15. mediagirl

@meredithNYC: Congratulations!!!

16. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

Thanks, everyone!

17. mrs. wagon

blogger / watermelon / 14218 posts

@krsmall: @meredithNYC: CONGRATULATIONS on the first two Hellobee summer babies!!! YAY!!!!!!

18. plantains

grapefruit / 4671 posts

@krsmall: @meredithNYC: Huge congratulations on the first of the summer babies! How exciting, can't wait till you feel ready to share pictures!

19. mrs. wagon

Hi summer baby ladies! Just wanted to be excited a little bit because I just found out one of my friends is planning a little get-together for me for before the baby comes. I am totally surprised!! I just bought a cute dress from Old Navy Maternity and I'm so glad I have something special to wear it to... and I'm so excited and happy that I get to celebrate with a small group of my closest girlfriends. I wasn't expecting anyone to throw a shower for me, this being my second baby and no one around really that would do so, so yay!

20. mediagirl

@mrs. wagon: aw, that is so sweet!! Little surprises like that are the best! I hope you have fun! When is it?

21. mrs. wagon

@mediagirl: it's in 2.5 weeks... I'll be 36 weeks then.... yipe!!!

22. Shimmer

kiwi / 553 posts

@mrs. wagon: Yay! Have a great time! We're throwing our own little shindig BBQ in a few weeks before I'm so huge that I can't handle seeing people anymore haha. My best friend will be doing most of the work, though. I won't be allowed to do anything!

23. lovehoneybee

GOLD / wonderful pea / 17697 posts

I'm totally guilty of registry-stalking, but the first item was purchased off of it today, squee! And the first lucky item to go is...a cloth diaper sprayer! Not at all what I expected!

24. mrs. wagon

@FutureMrsMcK: SQUEE! and haha, what a first item!!

25. lovehoneybee

@mrs. wagon: It was one of those items that I added so I could knock a couple dollars off of it at the end with the completion discount. Definitely didn't expect anyone to know what it was, let alone actually purchase it!

26. cheesetomywhine

pear / 1586 posts

@meredithNYC: Congratulations! I hope you're all continuing to do well I love her name!

27. mrs. wagon

Just had to post to this thread... I've been feeling off all day, but I was just cheered up because I'd been feeling regular kicks for the past few minutes that were kind of annoying... then I realized, the baby is hiccupping!! Wagon Jr. hiccupped ALL the time, every single day without fail, and after a while it was annoying. But right now realizing these are her first hiccups that I'm feeling is really really cute. My little girl has the hiccups!

28. lovehoneybee

@mrs. wagon: Yay for hiccups! DH was tickled last night because he kept tapping on my belly, and baby would immediately tap back (2-3 seconds between his taps, with a 1 second response time from Bebe). It took us several minutes to realize they were hiccups, not kicks! So cute!

29. mediagirl

@mrs. wagon: awwwww!! Hiccups are the best! I have to say, I have never gotten tired of hiccups. I actually wish for them sometimes. They're better than her shoving her butt into me.

30. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@FutureMrsMcK: woohoo!! First registry item--exciting!

@mrs. wagon: Awww, I'm going to miss feeling hiccups (I swore to myself I would not miss pregnancy at all but now that 40 weeks is approaching and this is probably my last baby, I am being ridiculously sentimental about everything!)

@mediagirl: I'm hoping we both have better appointments this week! DH has tomorrow off so we'll go to the appointment together, I warned him I might cry a little if I'm still not dilated!

31. littlek

Not sure if this will work but here is Brennan...

http://s1068.photobucket.com/albums/u445/ksmeschke/

32. littlek

33. littlek

Okay, I think I've figured out how to post a pic.. i'm sorry it's so huge..

Photobucket

34. Rock n Roll

kiwi / 678 posts

@krsmall Oh my gosh, totally adorable!

35. Rock n Roll

kiwi / 678 posts

Also, how have I missed this thread until now? Hi, everyone!

36. chrispygal

persimmon / 1205 posts

Congrats to our first two summer baby-mammas! It makes it so real that we are all so close! Good luck to those who are getting close! Seeing the early arrivals has encouraged me to get my hospital bag packed (task for this weekend), make sure I have my short-term disability set up, and to arrange for our pediatrician. I also ordered our infant car seat and an extra base so we can get those in the car. I am also getting into nesting mode something fierce in our LO's room. Anyone else beginning to nest?

37. Shimmer

kiwi / 553 posts

@krsmall: What a beautiful baby!! Such a cute face

38. HLK208

pineapple / 12234 posts

@krsmall: what a gorgeous baby!!! I hope you both are doing well!

I had my 40 week appointment today (40 weeks is actually tomorrow) but the baby is big and my blood pressure is high so I will be getting induced tomorrow not what I wanted to happen but I hope I can still go pain-med free. I'm 2cm's dilated so my doctor thinks it should be fine. Wish me luck!!

39. Shimmer

kiwi / 553 posts

@HeatherlovesKenny: Good luck! I hope everything goes well

@chrispygal: I need to begin nesting! I'm so tired that I have no motivation to do anything!! lol

40. littlek

@HeatherlovesKenny: good luck!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee