Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

Any February 2012 mommies?

1. Mrs. Pen

blogger / wonderful cherry / 21616 posts

@Clementine: Give us an update

2. Clementine

persimmon / 1329 posts

@Coco Bee: Hahaha...well my DS is now 5 mos and 2 days. Right now, he's battling teething (drooling up a storm), sleep regression (was rockstar night sleeper and now we are looking into sleep training options) waking up every couple of hours, and eczema flares. Otherwise, he's a very good baby. Oh..and I just wish he would nurse more and take breastmilk better. How about you?

3. Mrs. Pen

@Clementine: My son will be 5 months on Sunday (and I'm sooo torn up about it I started crying today! For some reason, 5 months seems sooo much older!), he had his sleep regression right at 3 mos, and it's this month that it started getting better. But probably 1-2x a week he has a bad night. All other nights he will only wake 1-2x a night to nurse, which I can totally handle. But nights like last night, he was up 6 times!

Otherwise he is sooo good. He is so soo so happy, such an easy baby to take care of and a joy to be with. He rarely cries or fusses unless something is really wrong.

He is learning so much this month, I feel like. He can sit in his bumbo all of a sudden, he can grab and hold onto toys and mostly put them in his mouth, he can scoot on his back, he can roll from tummy to back, he can laugh and he has full head control. He is growing up WAY. TOO. FAST.

4. Clementine

persimmon / 1329 posts

@Coco Bee: i secretly can't wait until he starts solids next month. i dunno, somehow in my mind, 6 mos seems to be a magical age. i dunno, if i miss the younger mos because i was so stressed and tired. i like it right now except for the sleep regression. i hear you, my little man was like that last night and i'm exhausted. has your little man found his toes yet? my little guy all he does is try to suck on his toes, which is both cute but also hard during bath time. Are you starting solids next month too? if so, making baby food or just buying?

5. Mrs. Pen

@Clementine: Ahh he JUST started maybe a week ago with his toes! It's sooo freakin cute. He just holds onto them tho, he hasn't tried to eat his toes yet.

Yeah, I am actually super excited for solids just because I know he is ready. I gave him a tiny taste of pureed pear right at 4 mos and he LOVED it. I was so surprised at how excited he got. Since he's had a tiny bit of avocado and also banana. I am psyched to start.

I will definitely make his food myself, I got a baby bullet AND steamer for my shower! I am excited to use it. And I personally think it's healthier (and cheaper!) to make it myself.

6. enjollah

kiwi / 623 posts

@Coco Bee: @Clementine: Hey gals! Haven't been on HB for a couple days so I missed this post! I'm so glad you guys posted on your LOs..it's so nice to read about babies around the same age.

My LO is 5 months 5 days and are doing the same things your little guys are doing too! At his 4 month checkup, his ped said to start him on rice cereal but he didn't like it. I tried some mashed bananas last week and seemed to be doing fine until he got a little constipated. I'm going to wait until it clears up and introduce avocados. Sleepwise,, he started to go through a regression too 2 weeks ago but seems to be better. He sleeps through the night 50% of the time or wakes 1 time to nurse. Since he's more aware and interested in his surroundings, it takes longer to bf. I've been experiencing with bottle feeding and I think he drinks more at night which helps sleep longer.

Again, so glad to read your updates!

7. Clementine

persimmon / 1329 posts

@enjollah: I am sooooooo jealous. Your LO sleeps through the night 50% of the time! What a good baby! My little guy has regressed so much that he wakes up every 2 hrs. Tonight, he was overly tired bc he refused to nap and so I let him CIO for 5 mins and then nursed him and he's been asleep. Crossing my fingers, he'll sleep without waking for a couple of hours.

8. Mrs. Pen

@enjollah: OMG ME TOOO!! I want my son to sleep through the night lol!!

@Clementine: Yeah, I went through that.
    And now my son won't go down at bedtime. He goes to sleep between 7-8pm, but then wakes up ever 15-45 minutes crying. I rock or nurse him back to sleep, put him in his crib, and he's awake 10-15 minutes later. It's awful. Some nights I just keep holding him hoping it will help, but it doesn't.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee