Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2013 Mamas- updates?

1. Crisark

pomegranate / 3398 posts

Hi all!
    Recent developments are Anna is now on Zantac for what we figured out was silent reflux. She's seeming a lot happier. We also gave in and awitched her formula yesterday to Similac Sensitive hoping that will help the increase in spit up.
    She's still sleeping at least 10hrs at night straight but the past two nights she's been very difficult to get down. I ordered a new swing and it should be here tomorrow and I'm hoping it's night time settings may help to settle her.
    Aside from those minor issues, she's just amazingly fun. She's laughing more now, smiling nonstop, reaching for toys, batting toys and pulling things while in her bouncer/play mat, she's rolling herself over anytime she's put on her belly or back, she's 'talking' like crazy, just lots of baby fun.
    Here are a couple new pics of my baby Anna

First picture is her first time with rice cereal...needless to say she loved it lol

2. blackbird

wonderful grape / 20453 posts

How is everybody doing????

We're approaching 4 months! E is 4 months today, eep!

3. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@blackbird: I just don't know how it's been 4 months already!

And right on schedule we hit the 4 month sleep regression. I am exhausted! She loves standing, blows raspberries and is trying to crawl!!! Slow down the growing baby girl We have our 4month shots on Tues.

Where is everyone's LO's sleeping? H has been in a basinet by our bed but she is getting too big for it - when she wakes she scratches at the sides and it is the most annoying noise so I think this weekend it is time for her to go to her big girl room. Has anyone else moved their bubba yet? How did it go? Advice?

4. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

T had her 4 mo. Appt yesterday, although she isn't 4 mos until next week. She weighs 13 lbs 2 oz, which puts her at the 35th percentile. She's been there for a few months now, so. Our pedis happy with her growth.
    I'm anxiously awaiting laughs! She squeals a lot, and does this kind of eh eh thing....so I'm pretty sure she is working on it. She loves grabbing everything and anything and pulling it to her mouth.

@AprilFool: she sleeps with us in bed. We are working on getting her to go down by herself for naps. / bedtime. Some days I have been getting her to nap alone for an hour at a time! It feels huge.....

5. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Silva: Lo's laugh is the most magical thing I have ever heard. It's still kinda rare but I will do anything to hear that sound.

Anytime the baby sleeps on it's own is huge! Yay for your hour and hopefully she stretches it out for you soon.

6. Crisark

pomegranate / 3398 posts

Umm ladies we need to be better about updating!!!
    How are all the mommas and babies???

Anna is hilarious!
    I can't believe she's 5 1/2 months old already!
    She's just fantastic and I couldn't love her more!!

7. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Crisark: we certainly do!

I am loving this age. H is just so much fun atm and her sleep is improving every day.

Has anyone started solids or is getting ready to? I baked some sweet potato yesterday and froze it so it's ready to go. I think we can make it to 6 months although she's getting a little grabby. I let her lick my finger once I made the sweet potato and she was smiling but just let it sit on her tongue. Totally cutest thing!

8. Crisark

pomegranate / 3398 posts

@AprilFool: I slowly started introducing solids a month and a half ago. She's had bananas(not a fan), applesauce(not a fan),pears(loves),Sweet Potatoes(loves) and Squash (loves).
    I'm going to introduce Carrots this week and then on to the green ones.
    She kinda likes rice cereal but I'm not that concerned with the cereal. We aren't doing the solids for nutrition so much as practice still. She is still taking 7 to 8oz of formula 5 to 6 times a day.

9. nycbee

olive / 69 posts

@crisark - such sweet photos of anna! and congrats on the progress with solids!

@aprilfool - great idea to make food ahead of time! i need to make room in the freezer for this (too much milk!)

so a bunch of updates on my end:
    - went back to work last week (sad face), but working part time for 2 mo. i hear i need to give it 2 weeks (i feel like i want to quit right now!), but week 2 was tough. i missed my little girl so much!
    - in-laws are taking care of j for the next few months while we wait for a part-time spot to open up in our local daycare
    - j hasn't really taken to the bottle, unsurprisingly. she takes a few oz at the most while i'm at work. hoping for some progress on this over the next few weeks...
    (I have a LOT of frozen milk in my freezer. wish i had a deep freezer!)
    - getting mentally prepared for solids. eep! my girlfriend is sending me her baby food maker (beaba?). j watches me eat with curiosity but i don't want to get into food quite yet. i don't deal well with change!
    - j did a lot of rolling over around 4 mo, and doesn't do it as much anymore, which is interesting. i guess that's the same thing as with her vocalizations. she started a long while back, then stopped, then started again around 4 mo. wonder if she focuses on 1 thing at a time?
    - j is sleeping well, thankfully. usu. goes down around 9:30pm and wakes at 6:30ish, and sleeps in her crib. she still cries before naps
    - j no longer easily naps in her stroller, sadly. she fusses for a while before sleeping (like for her crib naps). think she's too aware nowadays & stimulated by being outside.
    - we borrowed a bebepod flex (like a bumbo) from a friend, and j loves it! it's so cute to see her "sit" up. she doesn't sit up on her own - she's still pretty floppy.
    - j doesn't laugh a lot yet. sometimes you catch her in a giggly mood, and you can get her to laugh for a little while. i live for her laughs.
    - i got her a ladybug costume from carter's for halloween (http://www.carters.com/carters-baby-girl-costumes/V_121B913.html). what are you ladies doing for costumes??

would love to hear updates & see some pics!
    hope you all are well:D

10. blackbird

How is everybody doing?!

We started solids about a week ago via BLW. E was interested and mostly she just grabs and plays with it, but last night she brought a piece of broccoli up to her mouth and munched off the tops! Definitely wasn't expecting her to figure it out in a WEEK! Geez.

We've been practicing sitting a lot and she does pretty well until she starts waving her arms around, then she falls over. But she thinks it's HILARIOUS, provided she's on a soft floor.

Costume-wise, we have a Carter's tiger costume I got at a sale for $3. Nothing too fancy

11. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@nycbee: Oh my goodness!! That halloween costume is totally adorable!! I wish it was bigger in Oz.... any excuse to dress her up

J sounds a lot like H with the rolling, sleeping and laughing! Only H is sitting so am sure J is just about there

It's a good thing I started prepping because the first tray froze funny and wouldn't come out of the tray. So take two about to happen. I also leant, since I am baking the sweet potato, to buy smaller ones so they cook evenly.

@Crisark: Good to know Anna liked the sweet potatoes. Funny she's not a real fan of the fruits! Haha

Wondering how @sslm: @autumnlove: @silva: @blackbird: @heartonastring: @jaguar: are doing?

12. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

Hi everyone!! We are doing well. M just started full on babbling a couple of days ago, it's so freaking cute! She also sprouted 2 teeth, which is insane. She's growing up too fast.

She's getting pretty good at sitting up but still needs practice. She prefers to stand up though, so she's been working on that too.

Sleep wise, nighttime sleep is amazing, she goes down at 8 and sleeps right through until 7ish. Naps are a bit of a struggle though, she's a huge fan of the 30 minute nap, I, however, am not. Haha. Hopefully she grows out of that soon because it's been going on for a month or more and I need a break during the day!!!

We are headed on our second plane trip next weekend. The first one she was only 9 weeks so she slept a lot and it was great. I'm a little more concerned about this trip at 5 months! Plus DH isn't coming with me :S. will report back on that!!!

13. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

So great to hear from everyone! THis is my favorite age so far- this is the first time I wish there was a pause button, because she is so much fun! She is 5 months tomorrow.

She is scooting around the floor, ususally backwards or in a circle. Its pretty funny. She rolls from tummy to back sometimes, but seems to prefer her scooting method of movement. She has rolled both ways, but doesn't do it often or with the grace other babies seem to
    She can sit up unassisted, but is wobbly and tips over a lot. I think we'll wait until 6 months to start solids. SHe seems more and more interested in watching us, but I'm not in a rush. We've had ongoing poop issues that seem to be sorting themselves out and I don't want to mess up her little gut!
    We were at the doctor on Monday (for poop issues) and she weighed 14 lbs 1 oz, which is right on with her growth curve at around 35%. I'm not sure how tall she is, at her 4 month she was in the 50th percentile for that though.

She babbles a lot, plays with her feet, giggles sometimes - she is just a blast. We go to baby yoga, a story time, and a Waldorf play group/parenting class each week. I think she likes being around the other babies- and I like getting out of the apartment!
    This winter we'll do swimming and a music class, I think.

Sleep is touch and go. She is still in our bed. I nurse her to sleep around 7:30/8:00 and then she usually wakes up a couple times before we go to bed at around 10. Some nights she only wakes up once or twice and sleeps until 8AM, some nights its every few hours. But co-bedding makes it easy to just nurse her back to sleep quickly, so its not terrible. Naps are better- she takes ones at around 9:30, one around noon or 1, and then one around 4. THey usually last about an hour, but sometimes I have to go in and nurse her back to sleep after only 20 minutes.

we are off to stop by a yardsale and then visit my parents today because my husband had to work. he just finished an inpatient rotation- so his hours will be nice and easy in comparison for the next couple months. He has a week off next week, and we're going to Maine with a couple friends. Can't wait! We're going to try out the frame backpack and do a little hiking with her (we've just done shorter hikes with the boba so far).
    Oh- and I've started jogging with her, a little bit, on the bikepath where its nice and smooth!

Sorry for the novel- I'm so happy to get all your updates!

14. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@sslm: I can't believe M has 2 teeth! They are growing just so quickly... I can barely even remember how tiny she was when she was born. H can take as long as she wants to teeth

The 30 min nap is a nightmare. Barely enough time to shower, let alone recharge. How many naps is she having a day? H is still on 4 which seems a lot but some days she is up for the day at 5! She goes to bed at 6:30 though so I guess I can't complain. Hehe

Good luck on the plane. Where are you guys off to?

@Silva: I agree that this age has been the most fun so far. She is just so happy, playful and curious about everything.

Am glad sleep os going better for you. If sleep is good, everything is good! Maine sounds lovely! Will have to let us know how it goes

15. jaguar

pomegranate / 3764 posts

Glad all is going well with you guys. We had great sleep throughs for months, but then massive regression in the last few weeks. I miss my night sleeps! We've moved from the cradle to her cot, so that's something new.

Started solids last week at 5.5 months - she's a pro! We are doing purees and will move to finger foods when she's ready. So far she's had sweet potato, zucchini, apples & pears. Loves fruit & likes mixtures.

She's growing so fast! They all are.

16. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@jaguar: she is so cute, and totally looks like you!

17. blackbird

EEEE CUTENESS

18. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

holy teething hell- @sslm: how did you survive?
    I can feel the sharp part of the tooth coming up, but she was super fussy yesterday. Poor girl. SHe has also been congested from a cold, I guess, and she just sounds so pitiful.
    However, she slept from 10:00 to 4:00 without waking up, which is officially her longest period of sleep ever. And now that I'm bragging about my (measly) 6hours of sleep I know she'll be up every hour tonight.

I know our babies are still so little, but what are you all thinking in terms of family plans? We were originally planning on TTC when T is 2 years, but I'm thinking I may want to wait longer than that, so that we don't have the other baby until my husband is done residency. Solo parenting is tough. It wouldn't mean waiting much longer to start trying, maybe 6 months.

19. nycbee

olive / 69 posts

drat! i've subscribed but don't get notifications on updates. will have to investigate

need to get my butt to bed but just want to say how lovely it is to hear everyone's updates!

is it just me or does it seem like a lifetime ago when we were posting on here while pregnant & sharing bump photos? the baby pics are blowing my mind. our wee babes are huge already! (ok not huge, but my little juliette seems like she's gotten so big! i know she has a ways to go, though before she's Big :))

and @silva - the hubby is already talking to me about #2! i'm 37 (turning 38 in a couple weeks) so my clock's a tickin, but STILL. seems like too soon to think about this. i do want to be pregnant before J is 2 as well, not only b/c that seems like a good distance for sibling age but my own age since i was already "high risk" for J's birth.

oh - and @jaguar - georgia is SO CUTE. i can't take it. the open-mouth expression is my fave on J too!

20. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@Silva: I think we will start trying when H is 3. Ideally it would be longer but I will be 34 then so 35 when bub is born and that's my cut off. I want H to be in some form of school so I can have one on one time with LO 2 and so H can be helpful. Def do not want 2 in nappies. Unless we have an oops before since I had to have my mirena taken out. Haha

@nycbee: An absolute lifetime! Seemed hard to believe when the April 2014 thread popped up. I can't believe out babes are nearly 6 months but then can't believe they are *only* 6 months. Just recently H has gone from a baby to a little girl. I love seeing her personality show through.

21. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@AprilFool: we are going to visit my parents in Halifax for 10 days! I'm excited but we'll definitely miss DH. The naps are awful, 30 mins a piece and she's only taking 3!!!!

22. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@jaguar: she's sooooo cute!!!! Glad to hear solids are going well. I'm so nervous for that stage!

23. sslm

cantaloupe / 6397 posts

@Silva: we are incredibly lucky and the teething hasn't seemed to bother her. Sorry it's so rough for you

Family plans... We are planning to try when M is one or so, but reserve the right to change our minds at any point... I've heard a lot of people say they changed their minds once their kids were mobile so we'll see!!

24. blackbird

We plan on trying when E is about 13-15 months old but I want to avoid having another April baby! Maybe feb or march, though!

25. AprilFool

nectarine / 2591 posts

@sslm: That sounds lovely! I bet DH will miss you guys more... it's always hardest on the one left behind I think! Only 3 naps totally sucks!! That is a lot of "on" time for you. I hope she grows out of it soon

We tried sweet potato today!

26. Crisark

pomegranate / 3398 posts

@AprilFool: So adorable!!!!!
    Here is a recent one of Anna and her daddy!

27. heartonastring

pomegranate / 3895 posts

Gah! I totally missed all these updates until now! We've been having a tough couple weeks (K went on a bit of a nap strike) so I haven't been on HB as much as usual.

I loved reading all your updates and seeing photos of the other April babes. Too much cuteness in this thread!!!

Here are a few updates from us:

-K turned five months old last week. She's super long and weighs about 15 lbs now.
    -Nursing continues to go well, although K is quite the easily distracted little girl!
    -We gave her some banana and some avocado this week...neither was very popular and the faces that accompanied each taste we hilarious!
    -K slept in her crib for the first time ever last night...yay!
    -She's been teething for a few weeks now, but that tooth does not look like it's going to make an appearance any time soon
    -Much like @nycbee: mentioned, K rolled back to front at 9 weeks, and front to back at 4.5 months, but she never really does it anymore...it's like she masters something, moves on, and then comes back to the other skills later
    -K is OBSESSED with her toes and has been gnawing on them constantly for well over a month now
    -Lots of giggles, especially when we blow raspberries on her tummy or pretend to sneeze
    -she was STTN for 11-12 hours from 3 months until 4 months. Then teething and the 4 month regression hit and she started waking up 2-3x/night (the most she's ever woken up since birth!), but this past week she's gone back to either one waking/night or entirely STTN...praying that continues!
    -Naps have been good for most of this week with just a couple off days. She typically naps for about 1.5 hours in the morning, 2 hours in the early afternoon and a 20-30 minute catnap in the late afternoon. Bedtime is 7:30/8.

@Silva: We are one and done(we'd always wanted two, but we changed our minds. DD is wonderful and that's enough for us) and so very happy with our decision! Of course we reserve the right to change our minds in the future, but I would say right now we're about 85% sure that DD will be it for us.

ETA: Forgot to mention that I found a daycare provider this week for when I go back to work (likely May 1) and I am so pumped about her. It's a small in-home daycare- very typical in my province. The provider is just awesome...she does tons of outdoor time, crafts and sensory activities with the kids in her care. I've talked to some other mums who have their kids with her and I've heard nothing but rave reviews about her. I feel like we've found a real gem, which is such a good feeling when it comes to trusting your child to someone else

28. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

Gave T some avacado tonight! She has been showing interest, and swallowed a piece of paper that she got ahold of at a restaurant....but we were planning to wait until 6 months. But tonight we were eating avacado. And decided to give her a bit. We just put a few chunks and mashed some up in front of her. She mostly played, but also did several fave plants into it. She loved it! It was so fun, andcrazy that this event I've been excited for finally happened! She is so big!

29. Silva

cantaloupe / 6017 posts

@heartonastring: so glad you found a good daycare, it sounds wonderful!
    I had been planning on going back next fall, but the intensity of my husbands schedule has us questioning our plans. We will have to see how it goes.

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee