Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2014 Mamas!

1. SupernovaJ

persimmon / 1141 posts

@Dandelion: Wow you're doing awesome postpartum mama! hope you are getting good rest here and there and enjoying your two boys

2. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

hi everyone! congrats to the new mamas, and keeping my fingers crossed for the pregnant ladies that your los come soon, and that your labors are quick and easy!

today is dh's first day back at work after paternity leave, though that's not so scary as it sounds since he works from home lo is cooperating so far, she's been sleeping ever since her first morning nursing session. she's usually a fantastic sleeper during the night and morning, but then cluster feeds like a maniac in the late afternoon and evening (like, last night she was nursing every hour from 5-11 and totally frantic when she would wake up and notice she was off the boob). we have our 2nd pediatrician appointment tomorrow and I cannot wait to see how much she's gained!! they were concerned about her size since she was born early, so they told us she shouldn't go more than 3 hours from the beginning of one nursing session to another, which is a major pita if she doesn't wake herself up on that schedule: i HATE waking her up, especially in the middle of the night when she's fast asleep!! when I do, she's too tired to eat and too hungry to sleep, so we end up with lots of fussiness from both of us. I've been "cheating" and letting her sleep a little longer in the middle of the night, so it's more like 3.5 hrs btw feedings, and it's going sooo much better. keep your fingers crossed for us that she's gained enough that the ped says she can go longer between nursing!

i also had my postpartum check up for me last week and it went great--dr said i was healing great and now the only restrictions on me are the standard ones until 6 weeks: no sex/tampons/swimming/bathing. we've been venturing outside almost every day now for long walks and it's been amaaaazing to get out, thank goodness the weather is starting to actually be spring!

3. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@nana87: yay for spring weather! And I'm so glad to hear you are doing well. Fx for good news at your appt tomorrow. My DH also works from home and I'm excited that we will all be home together even when he does have to work!

4. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@preggomeggo82: @jhd: fingers crossed for you ladies

@nana87: I'll keep my fingers crossed for your ped appt! Waking a sleeping baby is seriously the hardest thing to do lol

5. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@Dandelion: has it been 6 weeks already?! And holy moley I wish I could be below pre preg weight lol glad you and M are doing good

6. Dandelion

watermelon / 14206 posts

@luckypenny: nope. Just 3 weeks.

7. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@Dandelion: haha that's what I thought. My sense of time is now totally warped.

8. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

Just had L's 2 week appointment. She's already over birth weight and doing good! We scheduled E's 2 year appointment at the same time and it was so cute she introduced her little sister to the doctor plus I'm pretty excited I no longer have to wake her up to eat at night anymore! So here's hoping I get a 5 hour stretch in somewhere.

9. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@luckypenny: yay for a good appt! and how sweet E got to introduce her baby sister. I bet she loved that! Hoping there's good long sleeps in your future!!

10. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@CharityAnne: congratulations! Enjoy those sweet baby snuggles

@Dandelion: food poisoning?? Ugh. Congratulations on the (non-illness related) weight loss, though. I'm sure it feels really good. And great news about your healing! I'm way impressed.

@SupernovaJ: hear, hear Mama-newborn nights are rough. I told my mother today that I was sorry for every nap I didn't take when I was 6 and she was trying to sleep while my newborn sister was sleeping. I'm getting used to the up every three hours thing, but when she wants to nurse more, it's really rough.

@nana87: good luck with the weigh in! G lost a lot of weight after birth, so we were waking her up every two hours to nurse...seriously the worst. BUT, at her pedi appt today, she was 6 lbs 15 oz, so within two ounces of her birth weight. She gained 8 oz last week! I'm so proud of us for getting back there. Hopefully your news is all good!

@luckypenny: enjoy not waking your babe tonight. We get to do the same, and I can't wait

We had a super productive day today, which is great, because DH goes back to work on Wednesday (it was spring break here). G had her doctor's appt, then we went to my school to return some library books. We got to introduce her to a few people I work with, then DH had to run a few errands. The bad news of the day is that I have thrush We caught it really early, so we're hoping I just need the topical treatment. She doesn't have it yet, so her pedi didn't want to put her on meds just yet. I was so bummed, because I have been trying to take probiotics to counteract my antibiotics. Alas.

Anyways, sorry I've been MIA. Hope you're well. @jhd: and @preggomeggo82: thinking labor-y thoughts for you lovely ladies! Hang in there, you're doing great!

11. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@LovelyPlum: that's great news about the weight gain! hopefully you can get just a little more sleep since you won't have to wake G so often. and hoping the thrush resolves quickly since you caught it so early.

12. preggomeggo82

apricot / 355 posts

Well I've made some progress! 2cm dilated - enough for a membrane sweep (ouch!), but hopefully it helps!

13. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@jhd: 5 straight hours, my friend. It was delightful.

@preggomeggo82: hooray for progress! Hoping the membrane sweep helps!

14. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

DH went back to work today, so G, the pup, and I are all on our own. She cluster fed like a maniac this morning, so I thought we were in for a rough day. So far, though, I managed to clean the kitchen and eat a bowl of cereal while she napped in the Moby. I'm currently trying to finish my coffee before she wakes up and wants to eat again. I'm thinking that even if nothing else gets done today, I get a gold star for effort

15. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@LovelyPlum: lucky!!! And that's like 3 gold stars in my book

16. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@luckypenny: don't worry, I'm sure the good sleep karma won't stick around forever. I'm going to milk it for all it's worth while it's here, though

17. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@preggomeggo82: woohoo! Yay progress!!!

@LovelyPlum: that's awesome--five hours of sleep + managing to eat breakfast & clean up the kitchen! I'm with @luckypenny: that's three gold stars at least!! I hope your day goes well!

Just feeling yucky today. But I finished up all those loose ends for school ( I was very grumpy about that this am). Hoping for enough energy to do a few small chores around the house. Yesterday I just didn't feel like doing anything! Then I feel guilty that there are puppy footprints on my floor and there's laundry to be folded & out away!

18. preggomeggo82

apricot / 355 posts

@jhd: I feel guilty if I don't get stuff done around the house even when I'm working from home. I just did a super fast scrub of the kitchen. It's driving me crazy knowing there's laundry to fold and put away upstairs, but I have work things I have to do!

19. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@preggomeggo82: fingers crossed the sweep works!

20. preggomeggo82

apricot / 355 posts

@luckypenny: You and me both! I was crampy yesterday and have had contractions off and on today. Nothing closer than 8ish minutes. Currently bouncing on the ball, hoping to keep it going!

21. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@preggomeggo82: you definitely shouldn't feel guilty! and neither should I really! This growing a baby/waiting on a baby to come is hard work just in and of itself!

22. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@preggomeggo82: @jhd: no guilt allowed from the two of you! The last few days of pregnancy are brutal!

23. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@preggomeggo82: how are you doing today? Fx the sweep works! I'm convinced my boy just doesn't want to come out! hardly any contractions yesterday

24. preggomeggo82

apricot / 355 posts

@jhd: I am a little crampy today, but nothing regular or trackable. Not feeling very confident.

TMIish - how can you tell if you're leaking fluid or if it's just discharge?

25. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@preggomeggo82: what is the consistency/color?

@jhd: it is comfy in here, Mama

26. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@preggomeggo82: good question! I worry sometimes that I won't know the difference either. And fx for you that something happens soon!! I have been crampy too but even less contractions than a few days ago. Unpredictable babies!!

27. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@LovelyPlum: I just don't understand how comfy it could be hanging out upside down for the past 6 weeks! Lol I hope you & G had a good day yesterday while DH was at work.

28. preggomeggo82

apricot / 355 posts

Clearish, watery, mucousy. No change in volume when I change positions.

It;s so glamorous.

29. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@preggomeggo82: I had lots of clear mucous the last few days, and I was always super confused. They had to break my water, though, so mine never was anything. Sorry, I'm not much help

@jhd: oh I agree, but these kids... Yesterday went well, thanks, and so far so good today. I did all the night wake ups last night, so I'm a little dragging. Also, it is snowing, which is dumb. We had friends over to do her newborn pictures last night. I think they are going to be amazing, but ny house is a DISASTER. She peed all over me once and pooped on three different blankets ans my wedding veil. So now I have to clean up this tornado. But right now she is napping on my chest, so I'm ignoring it all

30. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@LovelyPlum: Snow? That should not be allowed!! I'm sure the newborn pics will be adorable!!! And yeah just ignore the mess and relax while baby sleeps!

31. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@jhd: seriously. I am over it, over it, over it. And I may take this down later, but how can I possibly say no to this face?

ETA: I took it down, but I'm always happy to share the cuteness

32. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@LovelyPlum: oh my! Too much cuteness!!! I could definitely not say no to that face. And definitely would not be able to say no to snuggles with such an adorable babe to do something as boring as cleaning!!!

33. nana87

cantaloupe / 6171 posts

@LovelyPlum: awwwww!!

Good news is that baby gained almost a pound in the past 2 weeks! We officially no longer need to wake her up to eat! Bad news is I have mastitis, ooooow

34. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@jhd: @nana87: thanks

@nana87: hooray for weight gain! I'm so sorry about the mastitis, though. I hope you feel better soon!

@luckypenny: how are you doing today?

35. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@LovelyPlum: sigh lol. I'm doing ok. E is pretty much sleeping with us and I hardly sleep because of it (see picture). But it's her birthday so we had waffles and whipped cream for breakfast, went to Gymboree and now we are off to the Land of Nod bus tour party to get ice cream and lunch then we are picking up my mom so it's going to end up being a great day. I just need some more coffee and lots of ice cream.

36. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

@LovelyPlum: wall me that picture! I missed it

37. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@nana87: that's great news about the weight gain! I hope you feel better very soon!

@luckypenny: I hope you get to enjoy plenty of coffee and ice cream!!

38. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

My ILs decided to visit today & I was a little stressed about it. They live 2 hours away and don't often get a break from babysitting SIL's kids so I guess they wanted to take advantage of their one free day! DH works from home so I don't know that they understand that he really does have to work...and he's also in the middle of a really big project. Anyway they brought DH's aunt who hasn't seen our new house yet and weather was nice enough that we sat outside on the deck & chatted for a while and then DH was able to take a break and they treated us to lunch out. It went really well but now I'm ready for a nap!

39. luckypenny

grapefruit / 4582 posts

Meant to attach this to my last post. The reason why I sleep worse with my toddler than newborn:

40. jhd

coconut / 8079 posts

@luckypenny: poor mama! no wonder you aren't getting much sleep!!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee