Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Labour & Announcement Board!

1. simplyfelicity

cantaloupe / 6634 posts

@As Time Goes By: I know! It's been quite the road but I can't wait to meet my little man. Your son is sooooo cute and I love the name. We are going with a classic name, too.

2. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@Banana330: Congrats! I had missed that you'd added yourself when you updated the list earlier.

3. Mrs. Sunshine

hostess / cantaloupe / 6486 posts

@Banana330: oh my! She is beautiful!

4. BabyPenguinXO

kiwi / 549 posts

@Banana330: may mama popping in! Congrats! I share your daughters name she's beautiful!

5. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@Banana330: congratulations! Sadie looks so sweet!

6. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

Lyle was born this morning at 9:36, weighing in at 7'6" - considerably less than predicted and the same amount as his older sister

I was scheduled for an induction Tuesday night, and really hoped to avoid it. So Tuesday morning I took castor oil, ate pineapple and drank copious amounts of red raspberry leaf tea. I was also losing my mucus plug, with quite a bit of blood. Finally around 1pm I started getting contractions about 7-8 minutes apart and when they were 5-6 I called my doctor. He told me to come on in around 5.

Long story short, labor took forever. At 8am this morning they gave me Pitocin because my contractions were so slow to progress. Once they started that, things progressed quickly. By the time I started pushing it only took 4 minutes. All in all, a good experience -- and I am thrilled that he's here. Not too thrilled about my giant pad and enormous mesh panties, though, lol.

7. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@meredithNYC: yay!!! Congrats ! He's so sweet!

8. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@meredithNYC: congrats! So good to hear everything went well and good work with that long labour! He's so cute!

9. Mrs. Sunshine

@meredithNYC: congrats! He's beautiful!

10. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@meredithNYC: congratulations! And you managed to induce yourself too!

11. Mrs. Sunshine

Laying in bed in some pain....big minute long contractions about 4 minutes apart plus what feels like several smaller contractions in between. Thinking I may call the OB soon!

12. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@meredithNYC: Aw congrats!

@Mrs. Sunshine: good luck!!

13. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

Thanks, everyone! Happy to report that recovery has been a lot easier this time. Uterine cramps are worse, but I'm not as sore and it's easier to walk/move. Sooo happy about that. Hope all April moms are recovering well, too.

@Mrs. Sunshine: ohhhh, here's hoping you beat your induction! Sounds like you might!

14. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@Mrs. Sunshine: sounds very promising! Hoping you are holding your sweet babe or very close to it!

15. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@meredithNYC: congrats! So happy for you and impressed you induced yourself!! He is such a cutie! Glad to hear your recovery has been better!

@Mrs. Sunshine: oh good luck! Keep us posted, thinking of you and wishing you a safe and speedy labor! XO

16. GoGoSnoGirl

pear / 1558 posts

@meredithNYC: popping in to say congrats, mama! He's just precious!!

17. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@GoGoSnoGirl: thank you!!

18. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Sadie's birth story

I started getting intense period cramps around two am on Friday. I tried to sleep through them but they were getting more intense and uncomfortable. My Dh got up at 6 to go to work and I tole him to work from home that I might be in labour. The contractions were getting stronger and longer so around 9am our midwife came to check me. I was 2-3 cm dilated (up from nothing on wed afternoon). She left me to labour a bit longer and the contractions started getting super intense and I needed DH to put counter pressure on my back and in between contractions he fed me water and snacks. Around 12we called the midwife again and she said come straight to hospital. I was 4cm at that point and very uncomfortable.

I laboured in the shower for a little bit, which was nice but the pain was building. My midwife suggested breaking my water to help the baby drop, I agreed but only if she'd start the process for me getting the epidural.

When she broke my water it was full of muconium. This wasn't a bad thing but required a paediatrician to be present at birth in case she had aspirated some.

It took three nurses to get and IV in and during that time the baby's heart rate dropped. The midwife had me frantically flipping over trying to get it to recover and 10 staff ran in to assess the situation. Meanwhile I'm still contracting it pain. Poor DH was just sitting there a bit stunned.

Her heart rate recovered and they continued with the epidural. She had a few more scares where her heart rate would drop and they would move me in to different positions to get it to recover.

Just after the epidural kicked in and I started getting some relief we had another scare and the on call OB came in to say he recommended a CSection immediately.

They weren't joking, 30sec later I was being rolled in to the OR and they were prepping me for surgery. At 5:31pm she was born, checked out healthy by the paediatrician and put on to DH's chest for skin to skin. Once they were done sewing me up she was put on my chest and we went to recovery.

It turned out she was totally wrapped in her cord and it was cutting off supply with each contraction once my water broke and wasn't letting her drop low enough for me to dilate past 6cm.

We had two very long days in hospital, the first in a semi private room where our roommates talked all night long. Then got moved to a private but little Sadie spent the whole night crying. We were told to supplement a bit cause she lost 10% of her weight in the first two days but she's slowing gaining back now my milk has come in.

Since then we've been improving our latch and working on feeding. She's been cluster feeding every night but sleeps well after and is pretty cute the rest of the time.

19. Mrs. Sunshine

Well Sydney Grace was born this morning at 945 am. We started Pitocin at 5, my water broke on its own at 830 and she was out at 945! No pain meds at all and I'm so proud of myself! She's 7 lbs 4 oz and 20 inches long. And we adore her! Her sister isn't quite sure what to think yet.

20. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@Banana330: she's precious!! So glad they got her out safe and sound!

@Mrs. Sunshine: she is so adorable!! You look amazing!

21. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@Banana330: wow, what a story! Sounds like uou had a great medical team taking care of you! Sadie is beautiful! So glad uou both are going well!

@Mrs. Sunshine: wow, I'm proud of you too! That's amazing!! She is beautiful and you do look amazing! Not at all like you just gave birth!! Enjoy your sweet girl!

22. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

After a very difficult 48 hour labor, and an extremely rough delivery, we had little baby Ellie yesterday. She is sweet as pie and feeding like a champ!

23. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

I have my fingers crossed it is birthday day! Been up for about 2.5h with contractions. My sweet furbaby is sitting on my bump purring.

24. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@lilyofthewest: yay! good luck today!!

25. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

Contractions are sticking around! They haven't really gotten longer or stronger, but, they are getting closer together. Looks like today or tomorrow is probably going to be birthday day.

26. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@lilyofthewest: yay! My fingers are crossed for you to go soon!

27. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

Baby boy (name TBD) waited until May 1st to make an appearance. We're all doing great.

28. Rockies11

persimmon / 1363 posts

@lilyofthewest: glad to hear he made his appearance!

29. yellowbird

honeydew / 7303 posts

@lilyofthewest: congrats!!!!

30. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@lilyofthewest: Congratulations on your baby boy! We waited until Quinn was around 40 hours old to decide on his name. Which I realized that I never updated on HB. Been so busy. Can't wait to find out what you called him.

In other birth news, Will and Kate had their baby this morning. So that's another April birth month baby coming in May. How are we doing with everyone else? I haven't really been following much lately. Been so busy with the little munchkin. Being a mom is so much more wonderful than I ever expected!

31. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Rockies11: congrats! I hope you are enjoying time with your LO!

@lilyofthewest: congrats! I'm sure you are so relieved he's here. How are you feeling?

@Astro Bee: I know what you mean! I read and lurk during feedings and pumping but it's a lot for me to keep up and post a lot! I love being a mom too! It still feels so surreal.

32. Astro Bee

pear / 1503 posts

@Rockies11: Congrats to you, too! Ellie is such a sweet name. Sorry you had a rough delivery. I hope you're doing well now.

33. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

I'm feeling really good -- which is surprising since I had a 40h labor. Baby (name still pending) wanted to come into the world in the same position we saw in all of the ultrasound images -- both hands in his mouth. We had a safe, successful, vaginal delivery at home, but baby's whacky position took some serious time and work.

I am so glad that I was right that sleep would be better with baby than at 41wks pregnant. I'm getting fewer overall hours, but longer stretches and much better quality.

34. jetsa

grapefruit / 4663 posts

@lilyofthewest: congrats!!

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee