Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@NeekieRose: I had a c-section due to a breech baby too. I also had a great c-section recovery too. I am not seeing a midwife but my OB group does VBAC and im open to it but haven't made a decision. It took us an IUI and 10 mobths of trying to have our son so this pregnancy was a great surprise. Funny that you and i have very similar stories.

2. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

Hi, April moms! Just got my BFP this morning at 12dpo!

EDD: April 18th

How far along: 4 weeks

First child? Second. My first is 26 months.

First doctor appointment: not sure yet!

Any symptoms so far? Having to pee ALL of the time, and so gassy. It's pretty sexy.

Who have you told? My husband, my mom and a friend. A lot for so early, I know!

3. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@meredithNYC: Yay so glad to have another April mama

4. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

I was hoping by reposting the list on the previous page we would get some BFPs and we did!!

April Mamas!
    April 1: Boopers
    April 3: As time goes by
    April 5: Neekierose
    April 6: Lulu22
    April 7: HappyBluebird, Pawprints
    April 8: Ineebee
    April 10: Windswept
    April 12: Loki, Marionberry
    April 18: MeredithNYC
    April 19: Lilyofthewest

Appointments
    August 11: Loki
    August 13: Pawprints, Lulu 22
    August 18: Marionberry
    August 19: Ineebee
    August 21: As time goes by, Neekierose
    August 25: HappyBluebird
    September 2: Boopers
    September 4: Neekierose

5. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@meredithNYC: Yah for another second time mama!

@marionberry: I definitely need to do some research into the VBAC thing. Love that we have similar experiences, good to have someone to relate to.

6. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@meredithNYC: yay! Welcome!

7. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

So after looking into my progesterone levels dropping from my first draw to my second, I called the direct line that my doctor said I could call any time for any reason. Well when I called the receptionist was so rude to me and I'm just fed up! I'm upset all over again. I'm already concerned about the progesterone, which could be pointless if there isn't anything really wrong, but the last thing I need is the receptionist being rude to me about it.

I went ahead and did some research and scheduled an appointment with a new doctor and cancelled my other appt with my current doctor. I cannot handle this stress with that office every single time I have a problem.

My new appointment date is September 11, and I just hope everything is ok with my progesterone in the meantime since now I'm in limbo between doctors.

8. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@meredithNYC: congrats and welcome!

@Boopers: It sounds like you made the right choice. I think peace of mind is worth a lot and it sounds like the first office wasn't providing it.

How's everyone doing going into the weekend?

I'm officially six weeks (I feel like it's a milestone for some reason) and I have moved from nausea to throwing up I picked up some sea bands, so hopefully they work! We have a lot going on this weekend!

9. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

Thanks, everyone! So excited to be here and to get to know you all better.

@As Time Goes By: Oh, no, throwing up already?! Gah, that sounds awful. When did your nausea start?

10. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@meredithNYC: It started late last week with occasional boughts a of nausea, but the last two days it has been constant. I actually feel a bit of relief from it right now!

11. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@As Time Goes By: Yikes, that seems so early! Although, looking back I'm pretty sure that's when I started feeling rough with LO #1. Seems like forever ago! I guess I'd better gear up for the possibility that it may be the same this time

12. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@As Time Goes By: Oh no! Have you tried anything else to ease the nausea?

13. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Boopers: That sounds horrible! I hope you have a lot better experience with the new doctor.

@As Time Goes By: oh no! Hopefully you won't end up throwing up too much. I think the sea bands may have helped me last time? Although, it was only mild relief. Peppermint gum helped the most.

Six weeks is about when my nausea started last time. I have had some for a week or so already, but it's not *too* bad. Only threw up once last time, so hoping to try for none this time.

One thing that is very different is when the nausea started last time my appetite went away. And stayed away for basically the entire first trimester. This time I'm nauseous but also STARVING. Maybe because I am still breastfeeding DD and my body can't handle me not eating for an entire trimester again...ha

14. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Boopers: Ugh what a pain! Sorry you have to wait in between but I think in the long run it will be good to see someone whose office doesn't cause you stress!!

@As Time Goes By: Oh no! My nausea got bad in the last day or so and I'm hoping it doesn't turn to throwing up any time soon! Hope the sea bands work, let me know if they do! I wanna be prepared!

@NeekieRose: I have been starving too! I'm trying to make myself believe its all in my head but I have been getting up in the middle of the night with massive hunger pains. Usually some crackers or milk help but I didn't expect to feel so hungry!

15. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

Hi, long time lerker so I signed up for an account.

I got my 3rd BFP this year at 12dpo, now 15 dpo

EDD: April 17th

How far along: 4 weeks

First child? third pregancy this year, early MC @5.5 weeks, MMC twins @9weeks with a D&C, now this. one, hopefully we'll get our first child out of it. I joke i've spent more of 2014 pregnant than not.

First doctor appointment: Aug 21

Any symptoms so far? Cramping and fatigue, had terrible morning sickness with the twins so hoping that doesn't happen again.

Who have you told? My husband, and a few friend that know what has happened so far this year. The first two I was so closed lipped I kinda feel at this point there's no reason to keep it quiet.

16. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@Banana330: Welcome! So sorry to hear about your losses, sending you lots of sticky baby vibes!

17. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@Banana330: Welcome! Hopefully this will the baby that sticks!

18. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@HappyBluebird: @NeekieRose: Thanks! I hope so too. I've had two HCG test so far and my numbers are doubling. So far so good.

19. windswept

coffee bean / 36 posts

@meredithNYC: @Banana330: Congrats to you both and hi!

@Boopers: Gosh, that's so much unnecessary stress! I think you made a great decision getting a new doctor.

I'm just hangin out at 5 weeks. Still no symptoms besides sore boobs and some cramps. No nausea yet. My first appointment is set for September 11, when I'll be 10 weeks. Gah, so far away! I'll have to live vicariously through all of your appointments until then haha.

Happy Friday, everyone!

20. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@Boopers: Can you just get them to call a progesterone supplement in to the pharmacy? Mine gave me one after my 2nd MC without testing, i'm on it until 13 weeks just in case... worth hassling them!

21. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Banana330: well I just spoke to the nurse even though I specifically told the girl earlier I didn't want to speak to her and I wanted to speak to the doctor, and she said my doctor saw my labs and isn't concerned about the drop (24 to 18, not the worst in the world, but it's still a concern to me). I asked about a progesterone supplement and she said I don't need it.

I was so upset earlier about switching because I really like the doctor, but now I don't feel badly about it at all since I don't feel heard and it's extra stress. I guess I just have to have faith and hope that all goes well in the next month until my next appt with the new doctor

22. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Boopers: I'm sorry you're going through that. Just do what you feel is right.
    @banana330: @meredithnyc: congrats on your new babies!
    @banana330: My heart goes out to you with these miscarriages. Did you find out the reason for them? I'm glad they have you on progesterone! I'll be praying for a sticky one this time!

23. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@marionberry: no they tried to do chromosomal testing but going get the cells to grow. They said I could push for more testing, but the wait until 3 MC's. My doc put me on progesterone just in case and daily low dose aspirin (in case of clotting issue) until 33weeks. I've been on both for the last three months. And did a saline ultrasound to look for uterus issues (all clear). Hopefully one or both of these treatments solves the issue.

24. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Banana330: I hope they do too!

25. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@Banana330: you have been through so much! I hope you have a healthy 9 months!

26. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@meredithNYC: Congrats!
    @Banana330: that this is your sticky pregnancy and you get to stay pregnant for the whole rest of of 2014!

27. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

I lied to people about being pregnant today. A lot of my coworkers knew I was trying. I'd been having horrible period pain since getting my IUD out, and explaining why I was so miserable (I work in a gyn clinic) made the TTC pretty obvious.

I was showing vacation pictures to coworkers and three (3!) of them chimed in saying that they bet I got pregnant over vacation. I just played it off like I didn't know yet (which is reasonable since they don't know exactly where I was in my cycle). Pretty sure there will be questions again in a few days or a week that will be more difficult to shrug off.

28. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@meredithNYC: @Banana330: welcome! Congrats on your sending stickiness your way!

@Boopers: it sounds like the clinic has made no effort to improve so the move is probably for the best. good luck with the new doctor

29. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@Banana330: congrats and I hope you have a healthy and happy 9 months!

@Boopers: @NeekieRose: @HappyBluebird: I am having troubles with the sea bands. I have wrist injuries from a previous job and the bands really seem to aggravate them. I can keep them on for short times, but I tried peppermint gum earlier Nd it was amazing! I instantly felt my stomach settle and when it started acting up I chewed another piece and again it settled. I just hope it keeps working

@lilyofthewest: don't feel bad! My BF called today to say she was pregnant (4 weeks) and I didn't tell her I am too since DH and I decided to wait to tell... It's so hard not to spill the beans to everyone. And you didn't lie you just didn't provide the information

30. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@As Time Goes By: glad the peppermint gum worked, I'll have to pick up some

@lilyofthewest: I agree that it's not a lie, just leaving out some info!

I'm going back and forth between telling our parents now vs later. Has anyone told their parent or in laws? Do you feel better that they know or do you wish you would have waited?

31. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@HappyBluebird: we're waiting until the dating ultrasound at almost 8 weeks to tell immediate family. I feel like it's a compromise between telling right away and waiting until after the first tri. I think I would be fine if they knew but DH is super cautious and feel more comfortable waiting.

32. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@As Time Goes By: I'm pretty cautious too which is why I am hesitant but we are going on vacation with my family for a week next week and I know my mom will figure it out (no drinking, I'm so tired, no lunch meat etc) I want to tell her before she figures it out on her own and if we tell my parents of course we need to tell the in laws too because it's only fair.

33. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@HappyBluebird: No one knows so far except my Sweetie and my acupuncturist. Next up will be our downstairs neighbor/housemate when she gets back from vacation in a week and half. We'll probably tell about a 10 more people in short order after her.

I'm not in touch with my mother and don't even know that I'll tell her at all, nevermind "soon". Sweetie doesn't think his parents would get it/be supportive if we needed to terminate for medical reasons. Neither of us are spring chickens, so, we will probably wait until after the nuchal trans sono and quadscreen or MaterniT21 results to tell them.

Sweetie has a job interview coming up in Amsterdam. We're not married, and don't have plans to become so on any particular timeline. However, if he gets the job offer and we decide to move, we'll need to get married for residence permit purposes. So, there's a (longshot) chance that we'll be sending out pregnancy announcements that say, "We're having a baby, btw, we also got married, and we're moving to the Netherlands."

34. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@HappyBluebird: Last time we told my parents and siblings at 5 weeks. Originally I wanted to wait but then decided that if I miscarried I'd need their support to get through it. This time we're waiting until after our first appointment. Basically it will be between 6 and 7 weeks this time. We didn't tell publicly until 12 weeks. So far I have told two of my best friends who are also pregnant just one month ahead of us.
    @lilyofthewest: Those announcements would be hilarious! What a momentous year!

35. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

@lilyofthewest: that would be a great announcement!

@marionberry: I do feel like if something happened, like a miscarriage, I would probably tell my mom anyway. It's something I'll need to think over the next day or so and decide.

Thanks for the input ladies!

36. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@HappyBluebird: that's tough! I would probably tell in your situation, especially if you wanted to surprise them or tell them in a special way!

@lilyofthewest: what an awesome opportunity I hope all goes well for your SO! And that would be an impressive announcement to make!

37. HappyBluebird

clementine / 957 posts

I'm gonna be on vacation next week and I'm not sure what the internet situation will be like so please feel free to update the list if we get any new April mamas or appointments change. Hopefully I can check in a few times and we have new mamas to be!!

April Mamas!
    April 1: Boopers
    April 3: As time goes by
    April 5: Neekierose
    April 6: Lulu22
    April 7: HappyBluebird, Pawprints
    April 8: Ineebee
    April 10: Windswept
    April 12: Loki, Marionberry
    April 17: Banana330
    April 18: MeredithNYC
    April 19: Lilyofthewest

Appointments
    August 11: Loki
    August 13: Pawprints, Lulu 22
    August 18: Marionberry
    August 19: Ineebee
    August 21: As time goes by, Neekierose, Banana330
    August 25: HappyBluebird
    September 2: Boopers
    September 4: Neekierose

38. dancingbee

pea / 17 posts

Hello Everyone! After hearing amazing things about this community I'm really excited to be part if it

EDD: 4/8/2015

How far along: 5weeks5days

First child? Yes!

First doctor appointment: 8/21

Any symptoms so far? Sore nipples and nausea for the first time today! Pretty tired.

Who have you told? Our families and a couple close friends

39. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@lindsayloohoo: Welcome! Sore nipples were my primary symptom with my last pregnancy.

40. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@lindsayloohoo: Welcome! Weekends tend to be kinda quiet on the bee. Please don't be put off by the relative lack of replies today -- things will probably be much chattier tomorrow.

I'm right there with you on nausea for the first time today. For several days I've had a funky feeling that is not quite nausea, not quite heartburn. More just being very aware that I have an esophagus. Today that abruptly progressed to suddenly gagging mid drink and spitting coffee all over my laptop. Blech. I'd been intending to be moderate in my caffeine consumption but not give it up entirely; my body may have other ideas.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee