Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2015 Mamas!

1. dancingbee

pea / 17 posts

thank you @marionberry and @lilyofthewest! Super happy to be here
    @lillyofthewest I had heartburn yesterday as well for the first time - the fact that I made a really spicy dinner was also the culprit I think! The nausea comes out of nowhere - I hope your laptop is ok!!

2. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@lindsayloohoo: It seems to be doing okay. I was lucky to have a roll of paper towels in arms reach.

3. dancingbee

pea / 17 posts

Well this is kind of silly but I changed my username today - I was lindsayloohoo before but now I'm dancingbee hopefully that doesn't confuse things! Thanks for the warm welcome ladies!

4. Boopers

pear / 1548 posts

@dancingbee: welcome!!

I have my first official day back to work for the school year today. I hope I can work through the queasiness. Feeling off but haven't thrown up yet. I've tried drinking Ginger Ale but I'm not really a soda drinker so it tastes super sweet to me! I bought peppermint gum after reading a recommendation from another bee on our April group, hoping it helps.

Hope everyone has a great day!

5. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: where in Canada are you? I work in Toronto and live north of the city! I was hoping to find some other Canadian HBers!

@happybluebird: have fun on vacay!

@Boopers: enjoy your first day back

6. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

You may have read my other post but my Clearblue Easy sticks haven't moved from 2-3 weeks to 3 weeks+ yet which has me a bit freaked out. Trying hard to be patient and calm but it's not working.

7. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: I'm in Toronto too.

@marionberry: They are notoriously fickle. I wouldn't put too much stock in them. I'm waiting to do mine, I hope to get 2-3 sometime this week but don't expect 3+ until around 6 weeks.

I'm really not feeling anything right now. I'm definitely more tired, but thats it. I know i should enjoy it while it lasts, my last pregnancy left me super sick from 5.5 weeks until almost a week after the MMC was diagonosed. For now i'll just keep enjoying real food, and not the steady supply of crackers I lived on last time!

8. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: yay, maybe you can help me find some actually nice maternity clothes in the area! seems like the US has all the nice stuff

@marionberry: i saw that... other posters seem to have given good advice! i don't know anything about PTs but i was thinking about taking a digital just to see what it says... but since they seem to be fickle, maybe i should avoid doing that! i would probably ask for a blood test at the dr just to ease my mind, if i were you.

9. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@Banana330: Thank you! I've never used these before. I also haven't had many symptoms other than massive exhaustion. I think a lot of that has to do with chasing my son! Praying all is good though because I bought a bunch of new maternity clothes over the weekend.

10. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@loki: I would avoid it. Not worth the stress. One beta is worthless so I'll have to ask for two. I hope my new doctor doesn't think I'm crazy. I'm usually very calm. I'm just too afraid of losing this little one.

11. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@marionberry: i've been crazy paranoid too... it's probably not good for me or baby but it's so hard not to feel so out of control and terrified all the time! yes i will definitely avoid it... i'm sure everything is just fine and the test is just not accurate. the chart with the wide ranges sounds promising for easing your mind. and i'm sure your dr has seen it all before and understands!

12. As Time Goes By

apricot / 346 posts

@dancingbee: welcome and congratulations!

@Boopers: good luck today! Hopefully the gum works for you.

@marionberry: I was thinking about taking another weeks predictor, but you may have convinced me not to! I know the packaging says the levels of hcg for each week prediction and everyone's levels can vary so much.

I had a bit of a freak out yesterday. All of my symptoms were gone and I totally felt normal again. I have read so many times that symptoms coming and going is normal for early pregnancy, but it didn't help. This morning I'm feeling the tiniest bit nauseas and my boobs hurt again so I feel like I'm on the craziest roller coaster

13. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@As Time Goes By: yes let's just hurry and get to 12 weeks so we can all calm down right?!

14. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@loki: I was looking at the US online Old navy maternity... they had some good looking work pants, but they don't accept their sales for international orders and by the time you add taxes and duty what would have been $39 pants are over $80! Yorkdale apparently has some maternity sections in the Gap and old navy along with regular maternity stores.

@marionberry: have you had HCG tests yet? If not i'd definitely ask. I had mine, my numbers doubled normally which is what they wanted to see.

Early pregnancy is such a hard time. Theres a lot of hurry up and wait going on. The one thing the MC have taught me is to enjoy that you are currently pregnant and that there's nothing you can do either way. Patience and distractions are key!

15. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@Banana330: oooh didn't know that Yorkdale had stuff! that mall is my own personal hell but it might be worth braving the parking lot. thanks!

16. dancingbee

pea / 17 posts

@boopers good luck today! I've heard that Gin Gin candies are wonderful for nausea. I'm going to get some today!

@marionberry sorry you're feeling so stressed. It's so hard to be patient and such a scary time. I don't have any great advice but sending good vibes!

@As Time Goes By Thank you! I understand about symptoms coming and going. I have consistently felt like I haven't felt "enough: symptoms and I'm trying to not worry so much! Sometimes I wish I could fast forward!

17. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

Six weeks today! Apparently my little blob is the size of a blueberry now.

I feel like I could put together a Buzzfeed-style post on my first pregnancy versus my current pregnancy. My first pregnancy: OMG how am I going to get away with not drinking at work events without raising suspicions?? This pregnancy: Yeah I'm not going to your happy hour, sorry-not-sorry.

18. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@PawPrints: haha i totally need to get there. i was at a wedding this weekend and the amount of effort i put into LOOKING like i was drinking was insane. i just want to decline every single social event haha. congrats on your blueberry! mine's a peppercorn haha.

19. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@PawPrints: Ha! I feel that way, too. Like, I won't have to hide anything from anyone if I just don't see them, right?!

20. Banana330

nectarine / 2317 posts

@meredithNYC: @loki: @PawPrints: I get the avoidance thing! There's a few parties coming up I kinda want to skip cause they aren't the people I'd want to tell yet...

21. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

I have a wedding coming up next weekend, but, it'll mostly be people I don't know that well, so, I don't think it'll be a big deal.

At all of 4w0d, I already know I'm not going to make it through pregnancy without stretchmarks. My breasts have already gotten huge, and I noticed tiny, faint stretchmarks starting on them in the shower this morning.

22. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@loki: @meredithNYC: @Banana330: Hehe well I do admit we have still been doing plenty of social stuff this time around, and I am still guilty of the whole routine of holding a drink and looking like I'm drinking it, then handing it off to DH (or leaving it on a table, or even dumping it down a bathroom sink). I even lied about having a hangover this past weekend. I think I was convincing - I didn't have to fake the "hangover" nausea!

23. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@lilyofthewest: ugh mine are huge too they started off big so this is depressing.

@PawPrints: haha don't you feel sooo bad about lying? a friend actually came up to me on saturday and said "are you drinking" and i was like yes! And she said good, i was just checking if you were pregnant or not. wtf!!! i feel awful outright lying but... why is everyone watching my drinking so aggressively?!?! grrr. i just bailed out of a cottage in a few weeks because it will be very obvious if i'm not drinking.

24. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@lilyofthewest: oh, no! Maybe it's better for it to happen earlier so you have time to make peace with the situation? I didn't get many new ones with my first, but I had plenty from gaining/losing weight as a teenager. I'm on my 30's now and finally have come to a place of acceptance, if not contentment

25. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

EDD: April 5 (!)

How far along: 6 weeks 1 day

First child? Yes!

First doctor appointment: We've had two so far - first was just a blood test, and second was last week - saw the gestational sac, yolk sac and crown rump. We have an appt this week, and hoping to see the heartbeat.

Any symptoms so far? Super sore and enlarged breasts, very tired, night sweats and lots of stretching feeling in the tummy.

Who have you told? Only DH and my therapist!

We've been TTC for 2 years - had 1 MC, and went through 3 IUI cycles - all unsuccessful - decided to take a break and relax, and we got pregnant. So excited, but not wanting to tell anyone until we get further along, given our history.

Congrats to all of you - excited to be sharing this journey and so happy to be able to spread the news - can't believe I'm really pregnant!

26. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@SunshineMcC: Congrats!

27. lilyofthewest

pear / 1697 posts

@meredithNYC: Yeah, it isn't as if the new ones don't have friends already waiting for them from puberty. They will be in good company.

28. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@SunshineMcC: welcome/congrats!
    i'm kinda confused about how EDDs work because all my apps tell me i'm 5w1d and my due date is April 12. Now I'm questioning it because yours is Apr 5! I would love for mine to be Apr 5th instead! How did you calculate? Do you have a long cycle (and would that affect EDD?)

29. meredithNYC

pomegranate / 3314 posts

@SunshineMcC: congrats and welcome!

@lilyofthewest: Ha!!!

30. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@loki: Hi! Thanks for the welcome!

We estimated that we conceived on Day 13 - July 13, actually; the April 5 date came from our doc, based on the size of the gestational sac. Hope that helps!

Have you had an U/S yet?

31. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

@loki: DUH, I can't believe I wrote the wrong info- I'm 6 weeks 1 day! Is pregnancy brain settling already?!? Ha!

32. loki

pear / 1787 posts

@SunshineMcC: ha ok! that makes more sense!!! i was so confused. but i've been constantly confused about dating because i don't understand the counting from the first day of your last period! gotcha. thanks for clarifying

nope haven't had an u/s yet, going for my first appt tonight and i'm HOPING she sends me for an u/s (my friend just had one at 6 weeks and saw the heartbeat) but i have a feeling she doesn't usually send you until 10 weeks or so because that's more common. we'll see tonight!

33. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

@SunshineMcC: Welcome! We are due date twins (at least for now...I go for a dating ultrasound next Thurs so it might change).

34. NeekieRose

persimmon / 1386 posts

I'm in a wedding this weekend so I think I plan on doing some fake drinking...or just telling the bride when we get there. Not 100% decided yet. We don't really know anyone very well at the wedding outside of the bride and groom, so it wouldn't be the end of the world if our secret got out.

I'm much more relaxed this pregnancy about having a sip or two of wine here and there.

35. PawPrints

pomegranate / 3658 posts

@loki: I've been lying through my teeth to a lot of people for the better part of a year now, so I'm past the point where I feel a damn thing I've been pretty firm about not wanting anybody to spectate our TTC process so I've had to say a lot of completely false stuff. I mostly just relish the anticipation of how surprised they'll be when I announce. (And I don't plan on apologizing - my uterus/sex life is nobody's business!)

@SunshineMcC: Welcome!

@NeekieRose: Fake drinking can be fun. You even get to taste the wine a tiny bit when you take fake sips. Totally just as good as the real thing. (... Maybe not.)

36. dancingbee

pea / 17 posts

@SunshineMcC: Congratulations and welcome!!

37. dancingbee

pea / 17 posts

@lilyofthewest: I feel ya on the stretchmarks. I feel like I have gained so much weight in just the past week! I have a gut, and none of my pants fit! Happening much faster than I thought!

38. SunshineMcC

kiwi / 563 posts

hi ladies!

Random, totally personal question. Have you continued to have sex since finding out you were PG? Not sure if we still call it BD once we made a baby... given our history, I'm so paranoid, so am waiting until we see a heartbeat. Our doc said we were fine as long as there was no bleeding, but that many fertility docs will tell people to wait until they see a heartbeat.

If anyone is willing to share, I'd be curious! Hope this isn't asking for TMI!

39. marionberry

pomelo / 5041 posts

@NeekieRose: Other than worrying about a MC I am much more carefree this time too. I'm eating hot dogs, chocolate, etc.
    @SunshineMcC: We have sex. I wouldn't get too wild...your heightened heart rate can heighten the baby's but definitely feel free. Your baby will be safe.
    @dancingbee: I still have stretch marks on my thighs from the last baby. I know they'll get very nasty once again. Stretch marks on the sides of my boobs went away quickly after delivery. I was lucky enough to not get any on my belly.
    @SunshineMcC: Congratulations! My last baby was after an IUI and I miss getting all of the early ultrasounds and tests. So happy for you!

40. lulu22

apricot / 306 posts

@dancingbee: @SunshineMcC: welcome! and congrats!

@dancingbee: where abouts in California are you? I'm in the SF bay area, although I've only lived in CA for about 6 months!

@As Time Goes By: my symptoms vanished for a few days too! I got so worried and even had a very teary meltdown with DH, who kindly reminded me that I never cry so the fact that I am is probably a symptom anyway! haha. then today I started to feel a twinge of nausea but the sore breasts and need to pee have not returned... who knows, maybe our symptoms just 'evolve' as we go along... I keep reminding myself that everybody is different and there is no 'standard' for pregnancy symptoms.

I have my appointment tomorrow (6w1d) for my second ultrasound... Fingers crossed for a heartbeat!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee