Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

Am 36.5 weeks today and had another of my non-stress tests. I was contracting a lot and baby's hb was super active so they checked my cervix and it is still closed. Is that the same thing as dilation? I assume so, but even though I am a 2nd time mom, I can't remember any of this stuff (plus with my son I never dilated either!).

2. Eieio

coffee bean / 46 posts

April12!!!!!!!!!!!!

@bloved: yes that's checking for dilation!

3. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Eieio: Will you be present at the delivery? How soon after delivery can you bring your baby home?

4. Eieio

coffee bean / 46 posts

@Cherrybee: yes! Unless she somehow delivers before. She said I can be in the room with her during the csection! And it's dependent on how long court takes. 2-10 days.

5. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Eieio: That's wonderful! During the waiting time, will you stay in the hospital with your baby?

6. Eieio

coffee bean / 46 posts

@Cherrybee: a hotel. The baby will be at the hospital for 48 hours after birth til the mom signs rights.

7. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Eieio: I'm so excited for you! Are you all prepared?

8. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

Tomorrow is April!!! Our month is here!! how exciting and scary at the same time.
    So I've been feeling funny all day. Very crampy, strong BH contractions, chills and general yucky feeling. I hope I'm not coming down with something. These cramps and BH are feelin quite strong compared to my last pregnancy. Anyone else having cramps and BH?

9. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@jh524: I *think* I've been having BH fairly consistently lately. Last night was pretty bad though. They weren't painful at all, it was just a bit uncomfortable. I've been getting more lower back pain today, and lots of that short of breath feeling that I normally only get around AF time. I hope that's a good sign. No cramps though.

@Eieio: How exciting. 12 more days for you!

10. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Eieio: yay! How exciting to have a date! And that's awesome you get to be in the room for delivery!

11. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@jh524: yup both for me. Today my back was achey and I was nauseous all morning. Lovely. Last night my legs were achey the way they are before my period too.

12. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@auggiefrog, @JennyLayneAZ: I have some intense pelvic pressure and menstrual type cramping. Is this a concern or normal?! I didnt have this last time. It hurts and I can't even hardly walk.

13. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@jh524: I would call! Sounds like labor but I've never done this before lol

14. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: I'm laying down to see if they stop. My husband is gone, I better not be going into labor. I'm only 37 weeks. I never even went into labor with my first. I was induced at 41 weeks with him.

15. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@jh524: well in that case, I hope it's a false alarm then!!

16. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@jh524: I hope laying down works! Try drinking some water, too.

17. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@jh524: How are you feeling now?

18. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

Well I took the day off and just got my eyebrows waxed and am getting a much needed pedicure.

19. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Ooh, lovely!

Okay, so we haven't heard from @jh524: for 17hrs and, when she last posted, it sounded like she was going into labour. I'm freaking out over here (with excitement).....

20. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Cherrybee: I'm also wondering about @jh524: ! I hope everything is good!!

21. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Cherrybee, @JennyLayneAZ:

I had the babies early this morning. Apparently ultrasounds can be way off because my single boy turned into Quadruplet girls! I'm in shock as I'm sure you are....

Heres their first photo!

22. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

@jh524: Lolol you're terrible!

23. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@jh524: Hahahaha! Brilliant! What I want to know is if you had quads, whose is the 5th baby in that picture?!

24. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@jh524: Ha! I have been resisting posting something like this on FB all day.

25. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@jh524: lol cute

26. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Cherrybee, @JennyLayneAZ: thanks for checking in on me. I laid down with a big glass of water and things subsided after about thirty minutes. Thank goodness, I was getting quite uncomfortable. Just need to take it easy. I still have pelvic pressure but no cramping. Maybe baby dropped?

I couldn't resist posting it ladies!! I needed a laugh today LOL
    @poppygirl15, @mamabolt

27. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@jh524: glad you are felling better, especially after delivering all those babies 😉. I am having a ton of pelvic pressure but I feel like I have for the past few weeks because he is low and people having been telling me that I dropped. I definitely feel more pressure after eating and drinking. I feel at this point in the pregnancy it is normal because I don't feel any other symptoms.

28. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Canoli: lol, right?!! I agree about more pressure after eating. Only happens after dinner for me lately but wow this pelvic pressure is intense. It feels like I've done 500 sit-ups, Ya know. I definitely think something's happening down there

29. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

I had to go into work yesterday for a meeting and I had a huge glob of mucus plug come out while I was in the toilet. It would appear, from my Googling last night, that it doesn't necessarily mean labour is imminent but, for a while then, I was worried!

30. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@jh524: lol!! I missed all of this yesterday, but had similar thoughts of posting a April Fools joke on my fb. Things definitely sound like they are happening! I've also been having more lower pelvic pressure lately, it's not fun!

31. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@Cherrybee: oooo, things are starting to happen! I lost mine in bits and pieces over 24 hrs and then my water broke with my first.

32. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@Cherrybee: with my last pregnancy I had small pieces of my plug pass and some tinges of blood on the day I delivered but I know that it doesn't mean the same thing for everyone. Thinking of you.

Ladies this is just so crazy, all of this possible labor talk!

33. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@jh524: I love it!

@Cherrybee: Epp! How exciting!

38 weeks and 3 days here. I felt a tiny bit nauseous yesterday, but besides that I feel like nothing is happening. I started pineapple smoothies today and have been bouncing on a fitness ball. The annoying thing about having a 40 week inducement is I feel so pressured to get things moving earlier. I would kill for some major lightning crotch and to loose my mugs plug right now!

34. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Cherrybee: oh that's exciting!

@auggiefrog: I am 37 weeks tomorrow, so I know technically still plenty of time but like you
    I would love to get this labor going!!

35. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

37 weeks today. Come on out Piper, mommy is ready!! Lol

36. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

I'm 40 weeks on Wednesday, and I actually would prefer not to go into labor before then. Is that weird? I was so anxious for my daughter to be born, and for this baby, I am totally okay with him hanging out for a bit. At the same time, I don't want to be induced, so I know things have to get moving eventually... I have my first pelvic exam on Monday, and I'm curious what the doctor will say.

37. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@poppygirl15: not weird! Everybody is different lol

38. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

I'm loving checking in to see if anything is getting going with our April mamas! I'm 38w5d today. I was checked at 38w and was 2 cm 50% effaced, so good I guess? She said for 2nd time delivery you dilate earlier though, so no idea if it predicts anything. I'll get checked again Monday at 39w. I am feeling this pregnancy for sure, it is so much harder chasing after my 3.5 year old and solo parenting her in the evenings while DH is still at work. My belly feels so sore and heavy and I have awful sciatica which doesn't make it any easier. Hoping to make it through Thursday at least since DH has a work thing I know he is hoping not to miss, but after that baby can GET OUT.

39. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

Ladies, I'm so uncomfortable today. Since about midday, I've had period type cramps and an ache in my lower back. I keep thinking I need to poop urgently but whenever I go to the toilet nothing happens. I cant possibly be going into labour, I'm only 36+5, and my DH has had so many false alarms from me (I've been having strong Braxton Hicks since 32 weeks)..... I don't want to be a drama llama! I really, really need to have a warm bath, then lie down, but I cant do that until I've got this child into bed.

40. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

@Cherrybee: have you called your dr office? That sounds pretty convincing to me.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee