Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

So, heading home in just about 5 minutes.

2. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@MaisyMay: Oh my goodness, so perfect! And you look positively beautiful mama.

The rules here are you don't call the hospital until your contractions are regular (1 min long, 5 mins apart) or your waters break/you bleed heavily. Of course I could call if I was worried.

I've just got E into bed so I'm going to have a bath and drink a load of water. We've been super busy today, a lot of walking, and I haven't drunk much..... I'm sure its not happening!

3. MaisyMay

@Cherrybee: I hope water and rest calm everything down.

4. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@poppygirl15: oh my gosh, I'm the same way! I've had 2 cervical checks already and my OB finds it hilarious that I'm in no rush for this baby to be born! I was so anxious for my first, but I'd really like this on to take her sweet time.
    @MaisyMay: 😍😍😍 perfection. Congratulations, glad you seem to be recovering well after your ordeal!
    @Cherrybee: good luck! I hope relaxation and hydration calms everything down for you!

5. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@MaisyMay: oh my goodness! So adorable!

@Cherrybee: sounds like it could be promising!

6. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@MaisyMay: adorable! Yay for going home!

7. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

@Cherrybee: totally sounds laborish to me! Hope when you lay down you get a better idea of what's going on.

@MaisyMay: so adorable! Yay for going home! Did your older LO come to the hospital to meet baby?

8. MaisyMay

@mamabolt: she came twice, didn't want to go home.

9. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@poppygirl15: no not weird at all. I went until 41 weeks with my first but never went into labor. I wish I had waited another week. Being induced was rough on me, as I was not dilated at all. @MaisyMay: so sweet! Happy to hear your headed home!!
    @Cherrybee: what?! Hope rest and lots of water settles things down. It worked for me;) let us know how your doing!!

I got my hair done today, some highlights. It was nice to fix it up before baby comes because I know there won't be any time for it for awhile. It took 3 hours! I have a lot of hair :0

10. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@mamabolt: it's soooo much harder with a toddler! My husband gets home tomorrow, thank God, because I can't do all this by myself anymore. Good luck at your appt. on Monday:)

I wanted to respond to other posts on the previous page but can't get to it while replying
    Sounds like lots of appointments Monday so good luck everyone! I have my last appt. on Tuesday, a pre-op appt. I cant believe it's getting so close!!!!! Eek!!!

11. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@jh524: I have a hair appointment next Saturday,just a cut, but she blocks off 3 hours for me when I get color too lol. Remind me, are you having a c section?

12. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@jh524: @MrsRoo: Glad I'm not the only one needing a little more time before the new addition arrives!

@Maisymay: Congratulations! Hope you have a great first night at home!

13. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@jh524: Good idea. It makes all the difference when you've got a new baby when your hair looks nice!

@poppygirl15: I'm with you! We still have a fair few things on our to-do list, including washing the car seat and installing it. We're not ready yet baby (and I'm having a sweep tomorrow, agh!).

Well, I had a warm bath 8pm and the cramps and back pain went away completely. We sat on the sofa to watch TV and, by 10pm, they were back. I managed to sleep okay though and, as at 8am, I feel fine - but I haven't got out of bed yet, so we will see!

14. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

@MaisyMay: He's beautiful!

@Cherrybee: Glad you're feeling better!

I love reading everyone else's final weeks prep. 100% agree on getting your hair done is a critical piece for welcoming baby . Reminder to self: text stylist for an appointment this week!

Tomorrow we are getting the car seat installed at the fire station. The safety expert even suggested we bring both cars as he may have a car seat recommendation for DH's two door. Monday, I visit the doctor since on Friday my appointment was cancelled. I have a feeling a local April 1st baby was born!

I picked up Method Free & Clear laundry detergent to wash the baby clothes & linens. Once I finish buying everything off Amazon (swaddling blankets are on there) I will do baby's 1st load of laundry.

What else is left? Our glider arrives on Wednesday. We still have to pack the hospital bag, pick up a birthing ball, and set up the bassinet in our room. It's amazing how go-with- the-flow I am at this point knowing our current living arrangement is very temporary. I hope this means I will be a mellow mama.

15. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: yes it's scheduled for Monday the 11th in the morning.
    @Cherrybee: how are you doing today?
    @poppygirl15: oh I still have lots of cleaning to do, install car seat, pay bills, and more more more

I'm so excited this week is finally here!! Hubby gets home tonight and Monday starts his paternity leave. So thankful he can stay home and help me for a few weeks. MIL comes into town on Saturday as well as my parents. MIL will stay for a week to help us. I've been going crazy wanting to prune my plants for spring but we still have snow! It's driving me crazy but I'll have to wait after baby i guess and let my husband do it. I have a green thumb, I love being outside fixing up my plants, garden, etc. anyone else? We had a super hard winter but I will be much happier when all this white stuff melts!!! I was outside yesterday trying to undig a plant and was thinking people prob think I'm crazy. This huge preggo lady shoveling the snow off her plants!!?? Yep. That was me.

16. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@jh524: no green thumb here, but kudos to you. Gardening is hard work.

17. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@jh524: I love gardening as well. Some of my early spring bulbs are starting to come up, and it's exciting! I can't wait to get out in the garden in the next few months with my LO by my side and get some work done. I haven't touched much yet, but there isn't much I can do until late April when the ground warms up. What do you plant? I've had a small veggie garden in past years and I'm not sure if I should continue it this year, or just make it smaller.

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: Hooray for getting stuff done! I'm probably in the minority here, but I only get my hair cut every 6 months or a year or so. If I go past next week, I might try to find another way to pamper myself though.

@Cherrybee: I hope you are feeling better today.

@MaisyMay: I hope your first night at home was a good one.

10 more days for me, 11 until my induction. The house is mostly clean, or clean enough for me, baby laundry is done, padcicles made, and I might make some lactation cookies later today. But now most of the baby prep is done and I am just waiting. I'm kind of glad I'm working next week, or I think I would drive myself crazy being at home all next week, waiting.

I have been getting more constant BH contractions (I think). I've been reading that this is a good thing, and that labor is near. Has this/ is this happening to anyone else? I have my prenatal appointment on Tuesday and I kind of hope she checks my cervix this time, even though it is uncomfortable. She didn't check last time. But I'm not very hopeful that anything is opening up down there.

18. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@jh524: @Mrs. Lemon-Lime: too funny! Scheduling a hair appointment is on my
    To-do list too. Like @auggiefrog: I usually only go every 6months/1 year but I figure I am about to have way more photos taken then usual and it would be nice not to have so many grays!

@jh524: no green thumb here.
    Plants pretty much wither and die if I just look at them (much to my mil chagrin...she loves to garden and is constantly itching for us to improve our landscaping).

19. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

Having pretty regular contractions here, I think this is it! Every 8 min or so now. Waiting to see where they go from here...

20. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@mamabolt: oh my! mama!

21. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@mamabolt: oh my goodness! So exciting!

22. MaisyMay

@mamabolt: eeeee! Good luck and keep us posted!

23. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@mamabolt: sending good vibes your way!

24. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@mamabolt: what?! We're suppose to have same baby birthdays!! super exciting!!! good luck!!! Keep us posted!!

@bloved: lol no grays! I agree. That's why I go
    Lighter because my grays show so much more in my natural brown hair.
    @auggiefrog: well we have a very short growing season here so any cold temp plants do well. I've never had luck with tomato, peppers or anything I love. I do enjoy landscaping? and created a lavender patch the last couple years which I really love.

25. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

Car seat safety from my fire department:

- don't use backseat mirrors
    -put loose objects ie umbrellas in drawstring gym bags and secure them with bunny cords attached to the seat hardware
    -straps should have no slack- passing the pinch test means no pinch!

To get the proper angle for my carseat the fire inspectors used a pool noodle. Anyone else use a noodle?

26. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@mamabolt: Good luck!

@jh524: That's cool! We purchased our house about 3 years ago, so I've been working on slowly landscaping it. So far I've added a flower garden in the front, replaced a bush, and now am working on the back a bit more. We took a tree down last summer that changed our lighting from shade to partial shade/ mostly sunny. It's kind of exciting! This year I think I'm going to add raspberry bushes near where the tree used to be.

27. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: yes the fire guy used a pool noodle for our seat last time. Glad you reminded me of that! Why no backseat mirrors?

@auggiefrog: thanks!! I cut lavender bundles in the summer and sell them. It's a fun way to make some extra cash:)
    I llove raspberries but actually just ripped out 3 bushes last summer because they got out of control. But we planted the bushes next to our house, south facing. I would suggest keeping them away from your house lol !! I transplanted them off our property a bit so it'll be interesting if they took this year.

28. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@jh524: He said moms especially are distracted by the backseat mirrors by constantly checking on baby. When the mom turns her body to check on the baby through the mirror her injuries in a rear end are greater than if she was facing forward. He was also concerned about the sun deteriorating the strap to hold the mirror in place and making it another projectile.

29. MaisyMay

@jh524: for tomatoes, have you tried planting them in tires? My dad did this one year and when it was about Friday time he built a cage of 2x4 and plastic sheeting, would hang a mechanic's light in our at night. It was totally low cost and easy but he had fresh tomatoes through January that way. This was when we lived just south of the Oregon border, so it got fairly cool.

30. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

Thanks all! Baby Henry was in a hurry, arriving less than 10 min after we got to the hospital, at 1:59pm today! We are both great although shellshocked by his quick arrival for sure! Will share some pics soon!

31. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@mamabolt: oh my goodness! That is crazy! Congratulations! Can't wait to see a pic!

32. MaisyMay

@mamabolt: ah! Congrats and kudos on how quickly!

33. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@mamabolt: Damn girl, that was quick! You are amazing! Congrats!

34. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@mamabolt: congratulations! boy, was he ready to enter the world!!

35. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@mamabolt: wow, congratulations!! Hope you're both doing well!!

36. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: good point.

@mamabolt: whhhhhattt???!!!! Are you serious??!! That's unreal! Congratulations can't wait to see baby Henry's picture! Good job mommy

Whoa does that make you guys at all nervous that labor can happen that quick?! I better get my bags packed just in case. LOL

@MaisyMay: that's a super idea, I may actually have to try this. The lamp would keep it warm enough so I don't have to move the pots inside when the temp. is too low.

37. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@mamabolt: Congratulations! What wonderful news! So quick!!

Okay.... So the weird early labour/feels like food poisoning and period pain mixed together feeling came back this afternoon and persisted all evening. I've had a couple of quite significant contractions (??? I think) but they're mostly just uncomfortable and not at all regular. Its not even possible to time them because I can't define when they start and stop, mostly - its like waves of gripeiness mixed with the usual Braxton Hicks type feelings. I thought I needed a huge poop (sorry) but then I did one and the feeling never went away. I'm sure I'm just being a huge drama llama!!! I'm in bed now and they seem to have stopped again so we will see what happens at my doctor's appointment tomorrow!

38. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Cherrybee: keep us posted!!

39. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@mamabolt: congratulations!!! That was quick! Welcome Henry!

40. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@Cherrybee: thinking of you! I haven't been experiencing much of your symptoms now so i feel like I am going to go full term.

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee