Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@jh524: Congratulations!!!

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I've been having BH since 32 weeks and, initially, it just felt like baby's bum was trying to burst out of my belly button! Then, as they got stronger as pregnancy progressed, I noticed the sides of my belly sucking in too - it was like baby was being shrink wrapped! Its super tight but not painful. I've mostly heard them described as the bump going hard, though!

2. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime, @Cherrybee: Thanks I'm super excited. And Cherrybee thats a perfect way to explain BH. I tend to get them more in the evening.

My appt went well. The Dr answered our questions and discussed the risks of a repeat Csection, which did get me nervous. I just need to stay thinking positive and not worry about the unknown. I'm sure everything will be just fine. So I go in for prep at 6:30 am Monday and the surgery starts at 8:00am. Baby will be out within 10-15 minutes!!! Eek! So excited to meet our second son
    Hope everyone else is having a great day

3. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@auggiefrog: how was the second part of your appointment today?
    @jh524: congratulations on the new position! What kind of fitness classes do you like to teach?

It looks like next week is going to a busy one for April mamas! It's exciting!

4. Eieio

coffee bean / 46 posts

Wow this is getting so exciting!!!!

5. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: We do the same thing. We eat out several times a week. With a LO, I doubt I'll be going out and cooking in more though.

@jh524: How exciting! So soon!

@autumnleaves: It went good. At least something is happening. I'm not dilated, but am effaced.

My appointment went well, I am 50% effaced, but not dilated. The pressure has been getting worse, so I'm hopeful something will happen before I am induced.

6. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@jh524: Congrats on the new job! How exciting!

7. akcoffeebean

cherry / 204 posts

Thanks everyone for the welcome back and sympathy!

Next week looks like it will be busy busy for the board!

Has anyone else been struggling with getting their iron levels up this trimester? Mine crashed at the start of the third tri and even with taking supplements twice a day, and adding red meat to my diet I'm still not able to get my levels up. With DS I ended up with a transfusion right after delivery- even though I didn't bleed much during delivery. I'd like to avoid that this time around but feel like there's not a lot I can do in the next week to prevent it.

I packed my hospital bag last night. Leggings and nursing tanks for me, a hand knit coming home outfit and side snap kimonos for baby girl. Toiletries and a phone charger.

I've been telling everyone who asks if they can visit at the hospital that they can, as long as they bring food, either to the hospital for me to eat then, or dropped off at home for the first few days back. A number of our buddies did one better and preemptively dropped off some of my favorite beer for when I get back home. Woohoo!

Will you have many visitors, or want visitors at the hospital? I thought I didn't want them with DS but tons of people came anyways (DH is a social butterfly) and I ended up really enjoying it. And it was easier to say hi, show a peek of the baby and keep the visit short there than when people would come visit us at home. I hope everyone visits at the hospital and then waits to see us at a meet the baby brunch when she's a month old. Entertaining at home with a newborn was just too annoying, even if people brought food or offered to help.

8. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@akcoffeebean: We are letting people know it's okay to visit in the hospital, but I don't really expect many visitors besides immediate family and close friends. I agree that I'm not looking forward to visitors at home. Most of the people that might visit us right away will be pretty low maintenance, but we also have a lot of out of town family that will probably be around for longer periods of time. I'm not looking forward to sitting around with them all day long while I feed the baby.

9. akcoffeebean

cherry / 204 posts

@auggiefrog: out of town family is hard! My mom and MIL were super helpful the first time around so I'm looking forward to them being up. And my dad is helpful, but he's also the king of sprawling out. My home is tiny & it feels small when he's hanging out. He takes up my entire living room once he sets up his laptop, chargers for his phone and iPad, kicks off his shoes and all his other stuff. It makes me crazy. He's not tidy either and will leave dishes and stuff everywhere. BUT- we're close and my son absolutely adores him and my mom so it's not like I'm not looking forward to him visiting. I just get stressed when he takes over the living area- he's super oblivious to it too.

We have extended family traveling to visit in waves and I'm really looking forward to it. I think DS will get some extra lovings this way and have a chance to go do things with family that baby and I might not be up for yet. I think it helps that they'll all be staying at a nearby hotel rather than with us. Well, except when my MIL is here next week. She'll be with us, but she's coming to take care of us so that makes sense

10. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@autumnleaves: I teach power pump (weight training), TRX, Step circuit, Fusion, etc... I love it:)

@auggiefrog: thank you!! I know, only 5 days!! Glad your appt. went well!

@akcoffeebean: honestly I don't really want visitors at the hospital and not for the first week at least. I'll send them pictures, lol. Luckily I'll have the baby on Monday and many won't be able to come. We live 3 hours away from family

11. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@JH524: congrats on the new job and on your Monday appointment! That is so exciting! Speaking of fitness, I made the mistake of watching my wedding video tonight. Our 6 year anniversary is Sunday (so we could possibly have an anniversary baby...). I was in *such* amazing shape. It was so weird seeing my flat tummy compared to the basket ball tummy I have now! I'd love to be that fit again, but it's hard to find the time to do more than just walk the dog!
    @EIEIO: I am so excited for you! I'm sure you're counting down the minutes. I hope everything goes smoothly.
    @autumnleaves: I hope your baby cooperates so your in-laws can be on hand to help out!
    @bloved: I'm sorry things were a disaster back at work during your first day out. You should tell your temp to keep those things to herself from here on out. I literally told my staff to not even call me if the place burned down.

12. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@akcoffeebean: I will only have my mum and my inlaws visiting at the hospital. I'm hoping to limit visitors at home, too, if I can. I found it too stressful last time, worrying about cleaning the house, how I looked etc.

@jh524: Eeeek! Exciting stuff! How many hours behind Uk are you? If I proceed to my induction, our babies could be born at the same time!

Well, contractions have completely stopped for me..... I lost two huge globs of bloody mucus yesterday but still nothing. I'm having another membrane sweep at 11am today and I'm just trying not to get my hopes up..... because its not the end of the world if I have to be induced, right? I just really wanted the experience of going into labour by myself and labouring at home for a while. I need to think of some positives of having another weekend at home before the baby comes......

13. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@jh524: congrats on the new job!

@akcoffeebean: I'm not sure how many hospital visitors I will have. I am thinking lots if last time is an indicator. I had my son on a Friday and I feel like everyone in the world showed up (literally everyone, including my husband's ex girlfriend who, while lovely, came in as I was trying to figure out breastfeeding). I found it completely overwhelming and exhausting to have so many visitors even though it was all people I love. This time my c-section is scheduled for a Tuesday so I am hoping being mid-week might make it slightly less appealing for people to stop by. And at least I should have a break during work hours!

I've been having a lot of angst over when /how my son will meet the new baby. I really just want it to be the 4 of us with no one else there. He'll be with my in-laws, so My plan now is to ask them to call when they get to the hospital and my husband will bring him in first and they can wait down the hall in the family room. I feel Mean and diva-ish dictating that, but I know hormones will be running high and I just want that moment for immediate family. What is everyone else's plans if you already have a kid??

14. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Cherrybee: good luck with the membrane sweep! I totally understand wanting to go into labor at home; that experience was one of the main reasons I wanted a vbac. Fingers crossed it happens for you.

15. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@Cherrybee: Good luck today!

I felt a lot more pelvic pressure yesterday and ended up with hemmorhoids by the end of the day - Last time I didn't get them till after delivery when I was able to take stronger pain meds. This is not good! And we think LO1 may have pink eye or an ear infection. No fever but he has a crusty eye and yesterday there was a little bit of fluid coming out of it. No fluid yet today.

16. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@autumnleaves: ugh hemorrhoids are so annoying! I finally just got rid of one using a combination of preparation h and earth mama angel baby bottom stuff! I have been taking stool softeners twice daily as well! Such fun glamorous stuff!

There so much going on with everyone and tricky to respond to everyone but thinking of you all!

17. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

@akcoffeebean: I had low iron from the start. Maybe you can try a side of leafy green veggies at every meal.

@auggiefrog: sounds like a good appt as things are moving along!

@bloved: I think your plan to spend a little time as a family of four is perfectly reasonable. Your ILs may be more understanding than you think.

We aren't having any visitors at the hospital and will keep phone calls/ updates to a minimum.

@Cherrybee: on your sweep today and spontaneous labor!

@autumnleaves: aww man. Hope things turnaround and get easier for you and your LO doesn't make you sick too!

18. Eieio

coffee bean / 46 posts

@poppygirl15: thank you!!! Yes, counting down every last second and making myself sick hahahha!!! I need to start packing!

19. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

What is back labor like? Do you still get tightening in the front? Typically, with my period, I only get back cramps. Today I am cramping pretty heavily like my period is coming. Wondering if this could be contractions? Or no, because all my bh/contractions so far have been in my stomach?

20. akcoffeebean

cherry / 204 posts

@Cherrybee: good luck today!
    @poppygirl15: happy anniversary weekend! @jh524: congratulations on your new job! I'm amazed and inspired by your energy this close to due date time.
    @autumnleaves: I hope it's not pink eye, or anything else! And hemorrhoids are no fun! Any chance you can add miralax for the next few days?
    @Mrs. Lemon-Lime: thanks! We've been eating so much spinach and kale I might turn green
    @bloved: I had Braxton hicks in my tummy, but back labor like what you're describing. Maybe this is the start!
    I think just wanting it to be the four of you is totally reasonable. I haven't figured out how I want to set up DS visiting me at the hospital. Will it help? Will it bother him? I don't know what to do.

21. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Cherrybee: oh gosh I have no idea! Lol. I'm Monday 8am mountain time. How are you feeling after your appt.?!

@bloved: I'm really worried about my son too. Trying to not think about it too much and just let it be. He will survive. It will be very hard on him not having his mommy though it breaks my heart but what can we do?!
    @autumnleaves: yikes!!! Hopefully its not pink eye! We went through that a few months ago!
    -----if the back labor or contraction comes on like a wave then yes it is! Like its starts in the front and moves to the back...I had back labor with my first. Hurt like hell!

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: same here! The less visitors the better for us. Sounds kinda mean but hopefully they understand and can just give us time.
    @akcoffeebean: thank you!! Being a fitness instructor has allowed me to work in my field, make some extra money and still be a SHM. So I'm very thankful for that. Once the boys are older and in school, I will go back to teaƧhing at the schools. But for now, it works
    ------I haven't even really thought about DS visiting either. I do need to get him a present so when he arrives, he gets a gift from baby brother.

22. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@akcoffeebean: @jh524: thanks ladies. I really thought it might be the real thing. Quite painful and every 3 minutes lasting for a minute or longer. But unfortunately they petered out once I was able to sit. Maybe I will go walking around the mall to see if that kicks things further into gear...

23. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

LOL the Marpac white noise machine is definitely the most popular registry item. Two people sent it. I returned the one I bought with my Target completion discount and will return the other. Then, of course I double checked that it shows purchased on both registries!

What did you receive multiples of?

24. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@jh524: I'm ok. I'm having the occasional mild contraction but that's it. I'm trying to stay positive and not let disappointment kick in..... because I'm in no rush to have this baby and an induction isn't the end of the world. So.... I've worked out that you are 8hrs behind us so, if you have your baby at 8am, that will be 4pm here. I'm being induced at 10.30 (2.30am your time) so you never know!! They could be born on the same day or even at the same time!

25. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: LOL - they know how important sleep is. I received 2 sets of Dr Seuss books and we haven't read them yet.
    I also received 2 grocery cart covers and I didn't register for that.

@Canoli: thanks I ordered some of that earth baby balm.

Daycare didn't call me today so hopefully LO does not have pink eye.
    Our glider arrived at the warehouse today. I think we'll pick it up this weekend and I'll try to take photos of our nursery and big boy room to post.

26. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

@jh524: we had a gift for lo1, but also let lo1 pick out a gift for lo2. She was so excited about that and got him a wubanub. LO2 got her a princess doll, movie, and rapunzel dress. LO1 loves giving her brother his paci frog when he cries (a little too much to be honest).

27. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@autumnleaves: your friends are germaphobes- love it! So far we haven't had too many off-registry gifts. One person gifted us a Wubanub, which is great because I was so indecisive about which critter/ color to pick.

28. MaisyMay

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: no multiples, unless you count homemade blankets. We got 4 of those, each from somebody different.

29. MaisyMay

Dh goes back to work tomorrow, and I have a lactation appt. He doesn't want me picking up the carrier too much as it is a little heavy, so I may try out our baby bjorn, or take the stroller. A friend is coming over after, so that will be nice.

30. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@MaisyMay: how did they turn out? My mom just informed me that I'm getting a knit blanket from one of her coworkers.

31. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

Umm...... Its 1am here and I'm pretty sure my waters have broken. I was woken by a contraction that radiated across my back and then I felt a trickle..... then another..... so I got up and, as I was walking to the bathroom, I soaked the pad I was wearing. I emptied my bladder and waited. I leaked more liquid into the toilet after a couple of mins but then it stopped. I put a fresh pad on and came downstairs - and have just had another mild contraction which has pushed more fluid out, soaking another pad. This has to be it, right? I can hear DH snoring upstairs and I don't know whether I need to wake him or what I need to do!!!

32. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Cherrybee: that definitely sounds like your water breaking!! How exciting!! I think you
    Need to call the doctor asap; my doctor said to call immediately if my water broke to reduce the risk of infection. Good luck!!

33. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Cherrybee: sounds like it to me too! good luck

34. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Cherrybee: eek!! Exciting! Definitely sounds like your water broke! It's cool that we had July 2013 and now we will have April 2016 babies yes!! you should wake hubby just to tell him but see where those contractions go. Yippee!!!!!!!

@MaisyMay: that's super cute though;)

35. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

I feel awful waking him up as I'm not exactly in full on labour. But its pouring out of me now, agh! I'm definitely getting contractions but they're nothing compared to what I was having Monday night. I'm a cross between excited and, well, confused!

36. MaisyMay

@Cherrybee: ahhhh, time to go in!

37. MaisyMay

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: three of them are really cute.

38. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@Cherrybee: definitely sounds like your water breaking. With my second baby when my water broke he was born 20 minutes later. Wake that husband up and get to the hospital lady! Hope this is it for you! Keep us posted!

39. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Canoli: what???!!! @Cherrybee: wake him up and get ready!!! Holy moly ! What will you do with LO if you go in?

40. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@jh524: yes, this is why I am absolutely terrified of not making it to the hospital on time!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee