Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@Eieio: Congrats and welcome! We are waiting until the babies birth to find out the sex. The baby will follow in Daddies footsteps if it is a boy and will take the family name, but we will use Liam for a regular nickname. Our top girl name is Ada Marie, but we have a few others in mind and will name the baby when we see him or her.

2. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: Thanks! She was Lorelei through most of the pregnancy but something just didn't feel right..... then at 32 weeks we changed our minds and this is a much mire natural fit.

3. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@jh524: that is stressful! Not quite the same, but my son has a STRONG daddy preference for bedtime - meaning, if my husband is home my son refuses to let me read the books / put him to bed and will cry and would probably react the same way if we pushed it. However, my husband travels frequently for work and if he is not home at all as an option, my son lets me put him to bed without a problem. So possibly when you are not around, it won't be an issue? Fingers crossed for that anyway!

4. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@bloved: oh thank you and I'm hoping that's the case. I agree, if Im not around it will go better like you're saying. These emotions hit me like a ton of bricks yesterday. I haven't been super emotional this whole pregnancy until now. He finally did cry himself to sleep. We will keep giving bedtime to daddy to try to better prepare him.... and mommy

5. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

@jh524: one of the blog posts by Mrs. or Mr. Bee talked about parent preferencess. One suggestion was to have the preferential parent kind of "supervise" the task. The child would still have the preferred parent in the room, but the other parent would do all the work. A couple times of this and the child would see that the other parent wasn't so bad after all. For real, that would break my heart too hearing my LO cry for me.

6. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: oh that's a great idea maybe we will do that for a few days to spare mommys heart lol

7. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@jh524: I haven't the heart to hand bedtime over to daddy. I have just decided that daddy will have to deal with the baby. I couldn't BF E so I'm probably really naive about this - if baby needs to BF, will she scream and scream until have finished putting E to bed? Maybe I will have to express a bottle for bedtime?

8. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

Omg! 34 hrs left! I'm so anxious I'm nauseous

9. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@AMommyThang: good luck! Can't wait to hear about "our first" April baby!

10. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@AMommyThang: Good Luck! I can't believe our first April mom is no longer counting down days, but hours!! Can't wait for an update!

11. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@AMommyThang: how exciting!! Good luck

12. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@AMommyThang: had to unlurk to say good luck! I can't believe we are at this point already! So excited for you!

13. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

@AMommyThang: good luck! I won't be too far after you

14. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

Aaaaagh! I cant believe we are at this point!! Dk we have a labour watch thread? We need one!

@AMommyThang: Good luck!!

@MaisyMay: Yippee!!

15. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@AMommyThang: Good luck!

16. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@AMommyThang: good luck can't wait to hear back

17. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@AMommyThang: Good luck!!!

18. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

Thank you ladies. I have about 11 hrs till I have to check in at the hospital. Expect a picture before the end of day tomorrow

19. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@AMommyThang: super excited for you! Remind me, are you being inducted or a Sheduled Csection? Either way, hope you have a perfect healthy baby. Glad your starting us off, will be watching for your post

20. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

@JH524 .. I have a scheduled csection. My guesstimate is 9.2 pounds and 22 in. Long. Let's see how close I come.

21. Eieio

coffee bean / 46 posts

@AMommyThang: good luck!!!!!

22. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

Meh. Its 5.20am and I cant sleep. E was up twice in the night (she has a bit of a cold) and I couldn't get back to sleep after the second wake up - bloody pregnancy insomnia. Now DH is snoring like a plane taking off. I think I'm going to get up. It wouldn't be so bad, only the bloody clocks went forward yesterday for British Summer Time so its really 4.20am.

23. Eieio

coffee bean / 46 posts

@Cherrybee: we have some sicknesses floating around here too that are making it so no one sleeps. Hope you guys feel better soon! And so sorry you are not sleeping

24. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@AMommyThang: today!

@Cherrybee: hope E feels better and you catch up on sleep!

It took about four days of drinking regular water, but my ham hocks (swollen feet) have shrunk back to where I can feel my ankle bones.

25. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: that is great news! It's crazy to think smart water can cause swelling like that!
    @Cherrybee: I have insomnia too - I wake up some time between 2-4 and can't go back to sleep - ugh! I consider it prepping me for LO2s arrival though it would be so nice to get some hard core sleep now.

@AMommyThang: thinking of you!!!

26. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: I'm glad to hear the swelling has eased up.

@autumnleaves: Are you a good sleeper when you're not pregnant? I struggle at the best of times but pregnancy really throws me.

27. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

Here he is. 9.2 pounds and 20.75 inches long.

28. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@AMommyThang: congratulations! he's a big, beautiful boy! How are you doing?

29. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime. I'm doing okay. Apparently my first csection wasn't done correctly. He didn't sew my muscles in the middle back together so my current Dr had to do that, so I'm in some extra pain this time around. Besides that everything went smoothly.

30. mamabolt

nectarine / 2797 posts

@AMommyThang: He's beautiful! Hope you are able to get the pain under control quickly and are feeling better soon! Congratulations!

31. akcoffeebean

cherry / 204 posts

@AMommyThang: congratulations! He's beautiful ❤

32. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@AMommyThang: Congrats! Your prediction was almost exact! Yay our first April baby is here!

33. MrsRoo

pear / 1642 posts

@AMommyThang: congrats!!! He's perfect, glad you're doing alright, hope you feel better soon!

34. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@AMommyThang: Wow! He's beautiful! Congratulations! Hope mummy and baby are doing great!

35. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@AMommyThang: congratulations! ! Your weight prediction was spot on! I hope your recovery goes well and quickly for you! oh and he's adorable

36. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@AMommyThang: he's beautiful!! Congratulations!!

37. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@AMommyThang: oh my gosh. He's beautiful and so perfect!!! That face is so handsome. This gets me so excited to meet my lil man. Congrats!!! I can't believe how spot on you were with your weight predictions. Was he 38 or 39 weeks? What a big boy!
    That's awesome! I hope your pain goes away quickly so you get to feeling good soon. Enjoy that new handsome boy

38. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@AMommyThang: congratulations! He is so precious! I hope the pain/recovery is not too bad. It is amazing you were right on target with his weight.

39. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

@JH524... he was 39.1 weeks. yea I was shocked that I guessed so well. My husband had the first 5 diapers bc he lost!

40. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

@AMommyThang: love your wager

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee