Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

April 2016 moms!

1. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

wonderful pea / 17279 posts

@MaisyMay: oh wow you're coming along! How big are they estimating baby boy?

2. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@AMommyThang: so happy for you!

3. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@MaisyMay: less than a week to go! How awesome!

4. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@MaisyMay: oh my goodness! So close! That is so exciting!!

5. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@AMommyThang: oh wow! Just saw your update too! April mommas are getting close!

I had my doctor appt today and doctor recommended disability so next week is going to be my last week of work. It will at least make scheduling all the appointments easier and give my poor (swollen, huge) feet a rest.

My husband took off work today and we were able to get a lot done for Nate. All the newborn laundry is washed and baby equipment pulled out. The only vexing thing is we can't find the infant car seat. I hate to buy a new one but we've looked everywhere!!

6. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@rockinghorse: ugh I know! It adds up so fast. This should be our "cheap" baby because it is our second boy, yet we still are managing to spend a ton!

7. AMommyThang

cherry / 152 posts

Thanks ladies, I'm super excited but so overwhelmed. My husband's boss all of sudden doesn't want him to take off next week. Which means instead of a relaxed 2 days in the hospital with my hubby, I'll have to be alone hours at a time. It's just really frustrating!

8. autumnleaves

pear / 1622 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: yea for better doctor appointments! I had my 35 week 6 day appointment today. Same doctor who made me worry about my weight about a month ago said I am doing great today. I had a cervix check today but that may have been because they were already doing the Group B strep test.

9. MaisyMay

GOLD / cantaloupe / 6703 posts

@Mrs. Lemon-Lime: 8.5/9 came up, and if so, they are worried about his shoulders getting stuck. The doctor said if he gets stuck, instead of assisting, we would need to go to a c-section.

10. MaisyMay

@AMommyThang: not cool that his boss changed his mind. Dh's two bosses will be out of town and are pushing him a little about coming in for a few meetings while he is supposed to be home with us. Since his work is so close, we will probably accommodate, but I can't imagine for a full work day.

11. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

It sounds like everyone had an appt. today ! I also had my 36 week appt. I had the Strep b test and baby is laying transverse again. Ouch!! I also have carpal tunnel in my right wrist so Dr gave me a nice brace to wear. It's actually helping. I've been wearing it since my appt. Next appt is Tue and then only one left before his birthday.

@MaisyMay: your so close! How exciting!!
    @autumnleaves: I spied on my chart on the computer and saw it said excessive weight gain:( lol oh well!! No pregnant mommy is the same and that's okay.

12. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@AMommyThang: so close!! Good luck. So excited for April babies to start arriving!!

13. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@AMommyThang: How exciting, good luck! Sorry about the change of plans. That sounds frustrating and not fun for you!

I had my last growth scan today. Baby was measuring at 6 lbs 5 oz. Just about 1 oz less than when I was born. And we finally got to see this LO without it's hand over it's face. We got it moved for about 2 seconds. It's such a sweet face! Also, it's confirmed. The baby has a full head of hair. I have to get another scan though weekly until my due date. I'm a little annoyed over all the fuss MFM makes over my high risk, but perfectly boring pregnancy. I know they have my best interests at heart, I'm just looking forward to not being overly monitored.

14. auggiefrog

kiwi / 631 posts

@MaisyMay: How exciting! The babies are coming!

15. Eieio

coffee bean / 46 posts

I'm joining very late to the game. Just found out we will be adding to our family in a couple weeks.

EDD: April 20

How far along: 36 weeks?

First child? No

First doctor appointment:

Any symptoms so far?

Who have you told? All of our immediate family, some extended and some friends.

16. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Eieio: what?! Thats unbelievable!!!! Congrats!! How did that happen? How are you feeling?!

17. Eieio

coffee bean / 46 posts

@jh524: I forgot to mention that we are adopting. So this wasn't like an "I didn't know I was pregnant" situation, although that would be cool! We just found out last week, we are so excited and feeling hopeful!!!

18. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Eieio: congrats and welcome! So exciting! Do you know the gender?

19. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Eieio: That's so exciting! Congratulations and welcome!

20. MaisyMay

@Eieio: yay, so exciting!

21. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

Congratulations & Welcome @Eieio:

4/3: BandDmommy:
    4/5: Scurbro: , AMommyThang: , PoppyGirl15:
    4/6: MaisyMay:
    4/10: Rinna9: , GwenMarieDC: , Nibygd:
    4/11: mamabolt: ,JH524:
    4/13: auggiefrog:
    4/15: Mrs. Lemon-Lime:
    4/18: MrsRoo: , Canoli:
    4/19: Lauraeva:
    4/20: AKCoffeeBean:, Eieio:
    4/21: Den mom: , PeanutsBaby:
    4/22: AutumnLeaves:
    4/23: JennyLayneAZ:
    4/24: Bloved: , BlueWolverine:
    4/25: Cherrybee:

22. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@jh524: I had my 36 week appt too and had my GBS swab.

Ladies, it's getting real with all of this talk!! Yikes, can't believe it's all so soon. Everyone keeps telling me I'm not going to make it to my due date but I'm just not quite ready yet. I was complaining to my husband the other day how uncomfortable I feel and he reminded me that this will be my last time I have to go through it and then I got really sad thinking I won't be pregnant again so I'm trying to embrace these last few weeks!

Welcome @eieio!

Does anyone know if @banddmommy had her little boy yet?

23. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Eieio: thank you for clarifying lol That's exactly what I thought first!
    Congrats on your adoption!!!

@Canoli: it's getting real quick! I can't believe it's time. I haven't seen band mommy on here for quite awhile. Hope she's doing well.

24. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Eieio: Congratulations, how exciting!!

25. Eieio

coffee bean / 46 posts

@bloved: girl!!!

Thank you everyone for the welcomes. Again I apologize for coming in at the end of the game. It doesn't seem fair when you ladies have been here from the start.

26. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Eieio: we welcome you with open arms we all have new adventures starting soon enough

27. Eieio

coffee bean / 46 posts

@JennyLayneAZ: thanks

Has everyone already decided on names? I can't think of a name. It doesn't help that I have a couple weeks. Panic mode over here!

28. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Eieio: my baby girls name is Piper Delaney. It took us a couple weeks to decide. Don't panic you will find something perfect!

29. Cherrybee

papaya / 10570 posts

@Eieio: My girl is Seren Matilda. You'll find a name you love, dont worry!

30. bloved

persimmon / 1114 posts

@Eieio: how exciting! We are having a boy and have decided on Nathaniel Flynn. If we were having a girl, she probably would have been grace, Frances or Matilda.

31. Mrs. Lemon-Lime

@Eieio: our son will be August Holiday; the middle name is a family surname.

32. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@Cherrybee: I love it! I didn't know you had decided yet

33. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@Eieio: we still haven't decided. We have a few we like! Are you adopting a boy or girl?
    We like Conner James, Wade, Jamison Reed....
    Which one do you all like. Help me decide!!

34. Canoli

persimmon / 1458 posts

@Eieio: we haven't decided yet. We have it narrowed down to 2 names but I think we will need to see him first and then hopefully it will be clear.

35. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@jh524: I like them all...ack, I'm no help lol

36. MaisyMay

My little guy is Samuel Jay P***. His nicknames so far are Sammy and Sam Sam.

37. poppygirl15

apricot / 400 posts

@jh524: I vote for Conner or Wade!

We can't commit. I like Cy, but my husband's concerned people will pronounce it Kai (as opposed to "sigh" - think Cy Young). He's thrown Rhys ("Reece") into the mix, which I like, but think it's equly possible people will mispronounce.

38. Eieio

coffee bean / 46 posts

@jh524: I like Jamison!!! And we are having a girl.

I want something super feminine. So I still need to think on it. And great point about needing to see baby first!

39. JennyLayneAZ

nectarine / 2690 posts

@poppygirl15: I never would've thought Kai from Cy, fyi. Lol both are nice names though whichever way you go!

@Eieio: our runner up name was Savannah Victoria. We have a long last name and both have long, super common names, so we wanted our daughter to have something a little shorter/easier, but spunky. (My name is Jennifer in case my username wasn't obvious enough lol)

40. jh524

pear / 1632 posts

@JennyLayneAZ, @poppygirl15, @Eieio: thank you! It's such a hard decision!

@Eieio: since I'll never get that girl I wanted
    Since this will be my last, here are some girl names I liked... Gabrielle, Stella, Dona.
    @JennyLayneAZ: savannah is so pretty

Ok so we're really having a hard time with my son. He loves his mommy and I am so blessed to have such a loving little boy, it melts my heart. We're trying to prepare him for mommy being gone for delivery, etc.. He is used to me doing everything and he gives DH a very hard time. For example tonight, I gave the bath and DH is trying to take over bedtime( pj's, read books, tuck in and put to bed) My son is screaming for mommy and hysterically crying for me. He's throwing his books and has his back turned to daddy, won't let him do anything and it's breaking my heart. I'm in tears tonight. Any suggestions on how to get LO to be happy with daddy doing some things. Any tips or tricks? It's just really stresses me out knowing that LO will be traumatized while I'm gone. He needs his mommy:( I'm so sad. Maybe over emotional but this is hard to watch. (watching in the video monitor:(

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee