Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

August 2012 Babies!

1. aMohror

apricot / 468 posts

@eeh: That's exciting not too far away! I will be crossing my fingers for you!
    @Orvis18: Thank you! I'm so glad we changed from our original name!

2. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@banana: @aMohror:

I can't believe how close we're all getting! It seemed it was just the other day we were talking about anatomy scans.

I'm 34 weeks today and I've done so little. Maybe I'm denial? I'm usually super prepared. I did managed to take the bag out of the closet and so far I've put a bathrobe in there. That's it!

Also, I didn't even know I need birth certificate paperwork? Something else I need to do research on.

The weather in NY is horrible. It's so hot and humid but luckily I get to work from home when it gets really bad.

I saw a movie with my husband last night for the first time since I found out I was pregnant. It was sooooo uncomfortable to sit in the theater for 2 hours.

3. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@marley: I know! It just seemed like yesterday that we were revealing the genders and now we're only a few weeks away from delivery! EEK!! The only reason I packed my hospital already is cause of my experience with my son. Otherwise, I'd probably not even be thinking about the hospital bag yet. It doesn't take long to pack it, as long as you know what you want to pack. Our hospital sent us the birth certificate paperwork when we pre-registered with the hospital Did you pre-register yet? I'd highly recommend that if you didn't. The last thing you wanna do is fill out a bunch of paperwork while you're in labor! haha

I saw a movie a few weeks ago (What to Expect) and I was super uncomfortable too! I kept fidgeting the whole time. UGH. And I had a bad sleep night last night. I kept tossing/turning and trying to find a comfortable sleep position. It seemed like my baby girl hated every position that I found comfortable and would kick me all night long.

Can you believe it's already JULY???? AUGH!!!

4. aMohror

apricot / 468 posts

@marley: It's crazy how in the beginning it seems like we don't progress at all and the time drags on and on and on! Now each week seems to fly by! All of a sudden I'm a week farther along! How does that happen? haha I finally buckled down and my hospital bag is officially packed! All except things like my cell phone charger that I have to wait to pack!

Just like @banana: said, I had to do this pre registration thing over the phone and then they sent me the birth certificate information in the mail, I think just to speed the process along so you don't have to deal with as much paperwork when you go in.

I have seen 3 movies since I've been pregnant, why? I have no idea! That's more than I usually watch when I'm not pregnant! I definitely don't like it! It's super uncomfortable and then if you have to pee, and I can't stretch out and what not, not something I enjoyed too much!

I know I shouldn't complain about the weather, since I know back east it's in the hundreds! This week it is in the 90's all week and some days it's supposed to be close to 100. I live in Northern Idaho, that's TOO hot for here! I'm not looking forward to this weeks weather...AT ALL!

5. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@banana: @aMohror:

Ok, so I think I'm all per-registered at my doctor's office. I just don't remember what I filled out! Now I'm freaked out about getting a single room. I hear that August is the busiest month and if I have to double with a stranger and her baby and her family members I will kill someone. Also, it's $850 extra. Ugh.

I've been having these sharp pains down low. The doctor said its the head pressing down. Omg. It's happening! Have I dropped? If I did, how come I still can't breathe?

Also, I lost 2 pounds in the past 2 weeks. Weird.

6. aMohror

apricot / 468 posts

@marley: It sounds like you probably already pre registered then! I never really know what I'm filling out either lol. I'm SO hoping to deliver before August comes! I hope no one else is in the baby ward....I can wish right?! haha I wouldn't be able to deal with having a double either, let's just keep our fingers crossed for all of us!

I've have sharp pain down low too, but they are super quick so I never know what they are! I've also had pain similar but I swear they are in my butt! Have you have any like that? I thought I was beginning to drop at one point but I guess not. The doctor commented on how high my uterus was already. I've had horrible heartburn and still can't breath because she is still up so high!

I wish I lost two pounds...I've been eating a lot of ice cream lately and if I don't stop now I'm going to be gaining a ton more weight in the next couple of weeks! I'm already up to quite a lot so I really need to work on keeping it to a minimum now...bye bye ice cream....

7. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@aMohror: I don't think I've had pain in my butt! But my hips have been killing me and I really miss sleeping on my back! My pain down is also quick. I'm thinking it's my bladder? It hurts when I sit up. My ribs on my right side have been hurting too.

I was eating a lot of frozen yogurt thinking that it was healthier. I finally looked at the back and realized it was full fat yogurt and I might as well be eating ice cream. It was good though! I'm up 40 pounds at this point and I'm not going to worry about it right now. I don't think you should either! We're so close we deserve some ice cream!

8. aMohror

apricot / 468 posts

@marley: My hips haven't been as bad lately, mostly just at night, they have a mind of their own! My ribs have been hurting super bad on the right side too! I've had it before but then in went away but now I've had it for the past couple of days, it feels like they are super bruised or something.

Lol! I did the same thing yesterday with a smoothie! My husband got a milkshake and I decided to be "healthier" and order a smoothie, well this smoothie has 630 calories in it! My word! I should have had a milkshake! I'm up exactly 40 pounds as of this morning. I try not to think about it too much! We went grocery shopping and I wanted everything sweet and not healthy! I guess I won't deprive myself but I don't want to go gaining a ton of weight in these last couple of weeks either!

All day in the car today my husband kept commenting how grumpy and miserable I look. Well I DO FEEL MISERABLE! It's hot and I was sweating, my ribs were hurting and my stomach was hard and he wants to go on about how I am starting to complain more..Uh YEAH! lol I've been pretty dang good about not complaining too much during my pregnancy, well now that I'm uncomfortable and it's 90 degree weather, if he asks I'm going to complain! I just wish men knew what it was like to have that extra heat and weight on you! Oh well...haha

9. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

Hi August 2012 mamas!! How's everyone doing? We are SOOOO close!!! EEEEK!

I'm getting really uncomfortable now with this low-lying belly of mine. I'm carrying her REALLY low. UGH. It's hard to sleep at night! I'm also getting crazy Braxton Hicks! I thought I was gonna go into labor last night! But I had some water and just sat down with my legs up and they seemed to have gone away. Anyone else feeling lots of BH?

I can feel her moving all day long now. I guess there's less room in there so instead of kicks and flutters, I'm just feeling huge bulges here and there.

I'm 100% done with my hospital bag and I've called everyone and told them to be on red alert! haha. It'll be tricky because I have to have somebody watch my son while we're in the hospital but I think we've figured out a plan with my mom and MIL.

I feel ready but not ready at the same time! I'm excited but nervous to take care of a newborn all over again!

How are you ladies doing????????

10. eeh

persimmon / 1341 posts

Last night I was wondering if I would be going into labor soon because I was really, really crampy and just felt blah. My husband was 3 hours away in a hotel for work with no immediate mode of transportation home so I was pretty nervous. I'm still pregnant today though so I think I just over did it this weekend with 2 baby showers, one of which was at my house.

I'll be 37 weeks on Wednesday and still feel pretty good overall. I'm noticing a lot more back pain and the belly is getting heavier and heavier. Mostly I'm just anxious and full of anticipation since there's no way to know when she's coming and this is our first so I'm not really sure what to be looking for in terms of labor signs.

There's also the issue of my husband's work and whether or not he'll be in town once I'm in labor. I'll be able to call him but I'm nervous I will call him too soon or not soon enough and he'll miss the birth.

People who say gender is the last surprise in life are silly....I think the the whole labor/birth date thing is the biggest surprise of all!

11. ALittleP

kiwi / 575 posts

Stopping by to say hello and thanks for all the good wishes and thoughts. I'm typing with one hand and holding 3 week old Madeleine in my other arm. I'm slowly working on her birth story on my blog.

I'll be thinking of each of you as you prepare to deliver and I can't wait to "meet" each baby as he or she arrives!

Mommyhood is waaaay harder than I imagined but it is also more incredible (but it could also be way harder with a preemie but I don't know).

Wishing you each easy, uneventful and happy births!

12. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@eeh: I'm also getting back pain too! Feels more like menstrual cramps. I felt those when I was pregs with my son so I know those are normal. But I know how you feel about the whole birth/labor thing. The unexpected is what makes it so nerve-wracking. But also it makes it a surprise with a great reward at the end.

@alittlep: Yay! Glad you're here with an update. I've been following your blog and little Madeleine is just soooo beautiful! I think Mommyhood is just hard as it is, but probably even harder having a preemie. Everyone I know who is a first time mom say that it's harder than they expected. But hang in there because it DOES get better! The first few months is really hard because you're just a sleepy zombie. The lack of sleep makes everything 100x harder. Most first-time moms think labor/delivery is the hardest part but honestly, I think BREASTFEEDING is the hardest part! UGH. Hope you're doing well!!!

13. aMohror

apricot / 468 posts

I am getting more and more uncomfortable by the day! I ask my husband every night if he wants me to sleep on the couch so I don't constantly toss and turn all night, plus I sleep so much better on the couch! He keeps saying no though... I have had SO many braxton hicks I'm sick of them! I did go into the doctor today though and they don't normally check you until 38 weeks but they asked if I wanted to be and said yes, just to see if all those braxton hicks are actually helping! When I got swabbed for cultures two weeks ago she checked me just because and I had just begun to efface. Well today I am 80% effaced and 1.5cm Dilated!!! I know that doesn't necessarily mean I will go into labor soon, but I'm still so excited that those braxton hicks weren't for nothing! My insurance year starts over on Aug. 1st and I'm due Aug. 3rd. I have talked to my doctor about getting induced a few days before the 1st to save money, only if I'm ready though! At this rate I should be. At next weeks appointment she is going to scrape my membranes..not looking forward to that but hopefully it will put me into labor so I don't have to get induced! I know it doesn't work for everyone but it's worth a try I guess! She did say some women just start cramping really bad and they don't go into labor, crossing my fingers that doesn't happen!

14. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

I am starting to kind of float between the September board and August board...my original due date was 9/6, then it was 9/1, now it's 8/27. My doctor says "sometime around 9/1" ugh!!

Glad to see misery loves company! I was cramping so bad the other night I couldn't even get up out of bed, and it lasted from 12:06 until 12:22. I have another baby shower tomorrow, and then to figure out last minute stuff for the baby.

15. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

Hi ladies!

I've also been super uncomfortable these days. Even getting up from the couch is hard. The BHs haven't been that bad, maybe I'm just getting used to them. But my bladder has been KILLING me, especially when I'm lying down. The bladder pain have been waking me up at night and then I'd have to go to the bathroom. I hope I don't have an infection? I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow so we'll see. I hope it's just the baby pressing down on it.

I'm about to buy the last of the baby stuff this week. I had to wait until 30 days before my due date to get the Amazon 10% discount. (I put EVERYTHING I still need on the registry).

Good to hear from you guys and I can't believe how close we all are now!! So exciting!

16. aMohror

apricot / 468 posts

Ahh!!! Tomorrow I have another check up and I'm most likely going to get my membranes stripped. I'm pretty nervous and dreading the pain but I'm keeping my fingers crossed it sends me into labor! Right now I'm 38 weeks + 3 days so she should be coming any day now! My finger joints and one of my shoulders have been killing me lately When I wake up in the morning my fingers are SO stiff and hurt SO bad when I go to bend them. I'm really looking forward to that pain going away... On Saturday I had a maternity shoot, it was actually a lot of fun and I can't wait to get all of the pictures back! I had no bare belly shots before the shoot so I'm glad I will have something to look back on

@lydg: I got lucky with my due date and the one time it was a different it was within the same week so they don't change the original date. Even though we don't usually have our babies on the due dates it must be so frustrating that it keep changing on you! I hope your baby shower went well!

@marley: How did your doctors appointment go? Was your bladder pain normal?

17. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@aMohror: so excited for you! I don't actually know anything about the membrane stripping. Why do you have to do this? I love your maternity photos! So cute!

I saw my doctor last week and basically her head is really low and pressing on my bladder. The doctor felt her head! So weird! At least it's not an infection but there is nothing anyone can do about the pain. It is the worst when I'm lying down or sitting.

In other news the crib and stroller came today! And I ordered the rest of the stuff off my amazon registry. Now I just have to wash all her clothes and bedding and I think that's it for the prep!

Oh I also booked a newborn photographer!

18. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

Hello ladies! Still hanging in over here at 38 weeks. I thought perhaps my amniotic fluid was leaking yesterday but no such luck. I did find out I'm 70% effaced and 1cm dilated but that could mean 2 days or 2 weeks. I'm having tons of BH and on/off cramping but nothing substantial. The scare from yesterday did prompt us to finally get the carseat installed and pack our hospital bags though

We finished the nursery over the weekend and I think everything else is all set for the baby to come. Until yesterday I was okay to wait another 2 weeks for him but now I'm a little more eager for him to come early. DH was sad that it wasn't going to be yesterday-he's so excited

@aMohror: Good luck at your appointment today! I'm eager to hear how it goes! I don't think my OB will do any cervical checks until after my EDD unless I ask so I doubt he'd be willing to do a sweep, but maybe I'll ask him next Friday 8/3 at our 39 week appointment.
    @marley: Don't you just love Amazon?! That's where we registered too and it was like Christmas every day for a week after I ordered all of our registry items

19. aMohror

apricot / 468 posts

@marley: I'm getting nervous this morning! What they do is insert a finger through your cervix and separate the amniotic sac from the bottom of the uterus. It kind of just speeds things up a bit. I have read that it only works if your body is ready though, so it doesn't work for everyone. Last week I was dilated to a 1.5 and 80% effaced, so I'm hoping I have progressed since then and my body is ready!

Thank you!! I cannot wait to get them back so I can see the other ones, we took quite a few of them!

I'm happy to hear you don't have an infection but I'm sorry you have to go through that pain all the time Especially since at this point we spend so much more time sitting and laying down, at least I do, otherwise my feet swell too much! I hope it get's better for you

@Orvis18: I was Super excited to hear I had progressed and was dilated and almost all the way effaced, but doesn't it suck that it doesn't really mean anything!!! My husband was making fun of me yesterday because I sneezed and I was sitting just right that I peed a little and it totally missed my panty liner so I have to go change my undies! He's all, you sure your water didn't break instead? lol What a butt!

Thank you, I will update you ladies if anything happens with it! I know at my doctors office they start routine cervical checks when you are 38 weeks. I asked for one last week though. It just sort of makes all the cramps and braxton hicks more worth it if you know you are progressing!

20. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@marley: Glad it wasn't an infection! And yay on booking your newborn photographer! I didn't do newborn pics with my son but I'm considering doing it for my daughter. Sounds like you're almost done prepping for baby's arrival! So exciting right??

@amohror: Hope your appointment goes well today! I remember having the joint pain and I couldn't wait for my baby to come out!! Hope it happens quickly for you!

@orvis18: I thought my fluid was leaking yesterday too! But I don't think it was. =\ It's hard to tell, you know? At least you have your car set and hospital bag packed now so if the baby does come any day now, you're prepared!!

Wow...I can't believe we're all sooooo close! It'll be exciting to share our birth stories with each other!

21. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@banana: Man, it is so hard to tell what's going on down there! You'd think with all the BH things would be moving along quickly but that just doesn't seem to be the case. I do feel much more prepared now though which is nice. I'm hoping we (DH and I) don't get too caught up wanting it to happen sooner that we miss out on enjoying just being together while we can.

@aMohror: Yikes! Sounds like it's probably fairly painful. I didn't think the cervical check was too bad but it certainly wasn't pleasant! Good luck!

22. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@orvis18; Part of me wants this baby to come out soon (tired of being pregnant) but the other part of me knows how HARD the first few months of taking care of a newborn is...So I'm trying to enjoy the next few weeks before sleep deprivation and bfing begins! But I cannot wait to meet her too. AUGH! I keep going back and forth!

23. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@banana: @Orvis18: @aMohror: Home stretch guys!! I'm 37 weeks today. I keep thinking I have 3 more weeks, but it could be so much less if she decides to come out early!! I don't think I'm mentally prepared, even though I think I bought everything I need.

I love amazon! I feel bad for our doormen and handymen who have to sign for my packages and throw out the million boxes everyday.

I was pleasantly surprised at my cervical check last week, it was a little uncomfortable, but not THAT bad. Hopefully it will be the same with the rest of the labor/delivery process (not that bad!)

We had our infant care class the other day. I learned almost nothing so it was basically a waste of money. The instructor told us to go home and try to express some colostrum out and I tried and nothing came out. I hope this doesn't mean I'll have problems breastfeeding!

24. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@marley: I'm surprised she suggested that actually because some people say it can induce labor. I don't think it is any indication of future breast milk production.
    I tried at the end of last week (37.5) weeks and was surprised to be able to squeeze a little out. I tried again a few minutes ago and had the same result. I don't know if I could actually express enough to amount to anything though. And it hurts a little! lol

25. T.H.O.U.

wonderful clementine / 24134 posts

Just wanted to say hello from an August 2011 momma! I totally remember feeling this way last year! Be sure to take lots of pictures towards the end because you do forget quickly!

One big thing I wish I had done pre-baby was set up a good file management system for all her paperwork. Stuff from the hospital, pictures, cards, that type of thing. Right now she just has a giant pile on our dresser! When that birth certificate comes in the mail and you have a newborn, it would have been nice to have a predesignated place to put it!

26. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@Thehistoryofus: Ohh.... good thought! I definitely need to be more organized Thanks for the tip and for checking in!

27. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@Thehistoryofus: Thanks so much for the tip! Right now I just have a box filled with random junk like cards we got from the baby shower, ultrasound pictures, etc. I'm the biggest procrastinator!!

28. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@Orvis18: I just got back from my doctor and I'm also 70% effaced and 1 cm dilated! I'm officially 37 weeks tomorrow. I wonder if this is early? probably not. My OB would've said something. It doesn't stop me from googling the heck out of it though. I can't believe this is actually happening soon(ish)! She felt her head! I also got my Group Strep B results and I'm negative.

29. bushelandapeck

pomelo / 5720 posts

@marley: Eek! It is so exciting I didn't have my OB check last week so I don't know if I've made any progress or not but I'm glad my body is at least starting to do something. I'm not sure I want him to check this week because I don't want to be disappointed if nothing has changed. My Strep B was negative as well-phew! I can't remember, are you planning on trying for a natural birth or epidural?

30. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@Orvis18: I'm afraid I'm not brave enough for a med-free birth! Also, I have back issues - I've had 2 major back surgeries and I'll be guaranteed back pain on top of labor pains!

31. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@marley: 37 weeks is considered full term so you're good to go!!! And WOW...felt her head?? That's so amazing! Makes it feel more "real"...

32. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@Thehistoryofus: Good tip! I ended up throwing all of my son's paperwork in a binder and never had time to organize it all. If I had done this BEFORE he born, it'd be much more organized. Thanks for the reminder! And thanks for checking in on us!

33. DillonLion

GOLD / eggplant / 11517 posts

Good luck ladies!! So excited for you

34. matador84

papaya / 10560 posts

@AMOHROR

I had a dr appointment today for group b strep and i'm so depressed...i gained 5 lbs in two weeks! i couldn't believe it. every appointment it's be 2, 3, 4 (tops) pounds. UGH! I feel like I have forever to go. U/S next appointment to see where baby is measuring!

35. aMohror

apricot / 468 posts

Well ladies I got my membrane stretched/stripped today! It actually didn't hurt like I thought it would! I think it was almost better I was expecting the worst because it was uncomfortable but didn't hurt! So far...NOTHING I haven't even been cramping or have had any contractions...There is still time but still, at this point I'm a little bummed! She had me schedule to do it again on Thursday AND Friday, so if I don't have this baby this week I'm going to go crazy! lol I was a little bummed because I didn't progress at all this week Still the same 1.5 cm dilated and 80% effaced. I'm hoping something will change in the next couple of days.....

@Thehistoryofus: Thanks for stopping in! I will admit it....I will just have a forever growing pile...haha! Hopefully I can keep stuff organized!

@lydg: Oh, don't worry about the weight! I have gained I'm sure more than 5 lbs in between appointments! I'm already up 43 lbs! I was so worried about it for so long until I got to this point where I realized it didn't matter anymore. It took me a long time to get passed that though! That's so exciting you get another ultrasound! You will have to let us know how it goes

36. eeh

persimmon / 1341 posts

Had another cervical check today and I'm dilated to 2, baby is low, cervix isn't posterior anymore, and I'm "effacing nicely". I'm glad I've progressed but still not getting my hopes up that she'll be here soon. Doctor said he thinks it's more likely she'll come in a week or two than this week. Who knows! I've been trying to walk a lot but it's hard with the heat so I've been walking around all kinds of stores.

37. banana

coconut / 8299 posts

@highwire: Thank you!!!!

@lydg: I gained a lot of weight during the last few weeks of my pregnancy both times but I feel like it has more to do with the baby than my body. The baby is growing 1/2 a pound a week which is a faster rate than the 1st and 2nd trimesters. So I attribute it to baby, not mama fat. hehe

@amohror: Hope something speeds up for you quickly!!! I hear of a lot of pregnancies where they're stuck at a certain dilation for a while and then BAM! ....they're super dilated and effaced! So it could definitely happen for you!!!

@eeh: Yay for "effacing nicely"! I have a scheduled c section so they don't check for dilation or effacing for me. I wonder how dilated/effaced I am?? I feel like she's really low too. I have major waddle walk now.

38. aMohror

apricot / 468 posts

@banana: I'm definitely disappointed at this point! I still haven't even had any cramps, zero contractions, absolutely nothing! Hopefully when I go in later this week it will work...

39. marley

kiwi / 706 posts

@lydg: I wouldn't worry the weight gain! We're so close to the end now! Also, I bet a lot of it is water weight. At my second to the last check up I gained 4 pounds and yesterday they said I lost 2. These numbers are meaningless to me now.

@aMohror: Hope to hear good news from you this week! I heard something about eating lots of pineapples and mangoes will induce labor? Something about the enzymes they contain.

40. crunch

cherry / 186 posts

Happy August - August mamas-to-bee! Hope everyone is doing well =]

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee