Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

December 2014 Moms!

1. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

@allison: Gahhh, so jealous!!!

@luv2beamom: Yes, I'm having abdominal aches! Especially whenever I stand up from sitting!

2. snowjewelz

wonderful kiwi / 23653 posts

@luv2beamom: Yep a lot of dull aches and pinching (a little painful) all over the place!

3. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@MamaG: Haha, this just made me laugh. This might be a dumb question, but I've heard lots of people talking about feeling their baby's hiccups. How do you differentiate between that and other movement? I imagine it becomes more distinct once the actual kicks and arm movements are more distinct. Is it obvious that they're hiccups? Silly ftm question, I know

@luv2beamom: My husband wants a boy first, so I've sort of started wanting a boy a little more due to that. I also have just kind of started referring to the baby as "he," so if it's a girl, it will probably take me a little while to adjust! Perfectly normal to have some disappointment, and to take some time to get used to the gender. Plus, I think finding out the sex makes it a little more "real" - that really is a little boy or girl in there!

4. littlek

GOLD / squash / 13576 posts

@theotherstark: We were the same way. We wanted a boy first and then a girl. For our 3rd, it would be a toss up. I love having a little boy though! He's awesome! His smile and cuddles melt my heart.

5. snowjewelz

@theotherstark: My friend that's pretty much due says she reaaally feels the hiccups in 3rd trimester!

6. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@littlek: Awww It's awesome that the order worked out for you!! So fun. Are you definitely wanting a third?

@snowjewelz: So crazy! I wonder what they feel like.

7. littlek

@theotherstark: I think so. As long as this pregnancy goes smoothly. (fingers crossed). If I have another preterm birth, we will have a lot of things to think about.

8. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

@theotherstark: hiccups. They are rhythmic, where as all the other movements are more random and sporadic. Think of how your own hiccups feel. With LO literally the topic of my stomach would make that same sort of rhythmic movement.

9. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

2nd time moms, my OB explained to me why we show sooner and feel more discomfort than the first time. She explained that the pelvic muscles had never been stretched prior to the first pregnancy. And even if you lost all your weight and worked out between 1 and 2, those muscles never go back to their original pre-pregnancy state. They have a certain stretch and elasticity to them that just grows with each pregnancy.

I was glad to have the explanation as it's a commonly accepted truth that second time moms show earlier, but I had never heard the science behind it before.

10. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@littlek: I hope everything continues to go smoothly, and that there is absolutely no pre-term birth!!

@MamaG: Awww That is so crazy! I can't wait to feel it. It's already fun to feel the movements get more pronounced/stronger. There really is a human in there!

11. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

@theotherstark: my LO had hiccups all the time and you definitely know the difference between hiccups and regular movement. It's just like having hiccups yourself but in your tummy and you can see your belly jump with each hiccup. When my LO moved it was a smooth motion across my belly or a little tap in an isolated area (left side or right side of the belly). LO had hiccups so much I was worried but my OB said it was a good thing and actually something they look for later on if there are signs of complications bc it means there is good lung development

12. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@sandy: That's so wild! It's crazy you can see your belly move. And very interesting that it corresponds to good lung development. Thanks for the detailed description! I can't wait to feel little hiccups

13. Adira

@theotherstark: I never felt hiccups with my first. Don't know if it's because of the anterior placenta or if he just didn't have them!

14. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

Just finished up with MFM, everything still looks great. LO's mouth was moving really rapidly, I initially thought it was her heart. She was being stubborn, so no good profile pictures today.

MFM also found that I have a fibroid that I didn't know about and wants to see me again in 4 weeks. I'm worried MFM is going to want to monitor me through the end due to my age. I'll be confirming with my OB.

****OB appt 8/4 and MFM appt 8/6****

15. MrsMccarthy

honeydew / 7295 posts

@snowjewelz: ahh congrats on your baby girl!

16. winniebee

hostess / wonderful grape / 20803 posts

@MamaG: I figured it had something to do with the tummy muscles. I'm sorry about the fibroid but glad everything looks good with the baby!

@theotherstark: I could def tell the difference with hiccups because it is so rhythmic. It's unmistakeable once it happens!

17. snowjewelz

@MamaG: I hope everything goes well!

Did anyone register? Since I found out gender I started my online registries and will prob head to the store soon to look at some of these things IRL. I'm kinda obsessed with it, and overwhelmed at the same time! I almost wish there aren't as many options for everything out there!

18. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: not yet, but I'll be in the stores, online as soon as we find out :)))

19. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: I am so overwhelmed lol. I also have been obsessed with this for like 2 days straight. I need to take a break!

20. FaithFertility

eggplant / 11861 posts

@snowjewelz: I am imagine I mean I look at stuff daily! !!!

21. snowjewelz

@FaithFertility: I already started compiling things I read about on a private Amazon wish list... And then to sort through that to actually put things on the registry... It's def fun at the same time! Baby stuff are just so cute

22. winniebee

Lucies List is a great resource for registering.

23. snowjewelz

@winniebee: Yes it is! It also makes me even more obsessed!

24. Adira

@snowjewelz: I haven't registered anything yet, and I'm not sure if I will. Since this is baby #2, I probably won't be having a shower or anything like that. But I might make an Amazon wish list in case anyone asks us what we need. Especially if this baby isn't a boy, I'll want SOME girly things!

25. MrsF

honeydew / 7283 posts

Like @Adira: I'm not going to register because it's baby #2 for us, but I did start an amazon wish list. Partly to remind myself what we need and also just in case people ask.

26. MamaG

pomelo / 5298 posts

We also aren't doing a registry, but I'd love to offer ideas if anyone needs some There should be very little we need for this one. The only thing we got rid of from C was her swing. Rock and Play's weren't really popular three years ago, so we might give one a try this go round.

I also know we will need some clothes, despite having boxes of girl clothes. They will be different seasons.

27. sandy

cantaloupe / 6687 posts

Baby #2 for us too so we aren't doing a baby registry. But I did make one on amazon and putting a bunch of little stuff on there like a new sound machine and diapering basic so I can use the completion discount. A few people have already asked about having a shower and I've told them I don't need a shower bc we can reuse pretty much everything

28. littlek

I only have 1 registry and that's PBK. My parents are buying all the items for Darcy's nursery excluding furniture. DH and I purchased the crib, nightstand, dresser, mattress, etc.

29. snowjewelz

I will def post up my registry for you ladies (so lucky to have so many 2nd time moms here for widsom!) to critique!

30. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

My family and friends are mostly on the opposite coast from me, so I don't think I'm going to have a big shower or anything. But I've been slowly building up an Amazon wish list that I'll probably transfer to a registry at some point, if only for the completion discount! Is that weird? To register even if I'm not having a big shower?

Also, random question for those that breastfed - if you also pumped, did you just use the bottles that came with the pump? Or did you purchase separate bottles?

31. theotherstark

pomegranate / 3045 posts

@littlek: Did you decide on a name?! I think I missed this!!

32. Adira

@theotherstark: It's definitely not weird to have a registry and no shower! The completion discount is totally worth it! I think you can register through Amazon too - they have a discount, though I'm not sure how much.

As for pumping, I originally pumped using an Avent Double Electric pump, and ended up getting Avent bottles, so they went together. But later, I got a Medela PISA. I ended up buying adapter rings so I could continue to use my Avent bottles and pump directly into them with my PISA. Xander was used to the Avent bottles and I didn't want to have to wash more bottles than necessary, so I used Avent, regardless of which pump I used.

33. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

okay ladies, I don't think I can wait until 20 weeks to find out the gender! Thinking about using an independent tech next week. $50 and she gives you a DVD of it. Should I!?

34. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

I have three registries started already, and keep going back to Amazon to add things whenever I see something on the blog that is recommended. So fun.

My first Ultrasound is tomorrow!! So excited. I've been waking up everyday this week like is it Friday yet?! We are finding out the gender and I can't wait! Everyone is definitely thinking boy so we'll see if they're right. I plan on pinning gender reveal ideas on Pinterest over lunch. I had wanted to wait and have a gender reveal shower but I really don't think I can wait that long to tell!

* * U.S. was moved up to 4-11 from 4-14. Next Appt. 9-12 * *

35. josina

pomegranate / 3973 posts

@whenoceansrise: How far are you now / how much longer do you have to wait?
    The anticipation is exciting, this week it's all I can think about finding out tomorrow! I was thinking that 'finding out' at 20 weeks is an awesome half-way reward.
    If you really can't wait, for $50 why not? And it would be awesome to have a dvd also!

36. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@josina: I'm 16 & 4 days. I know what you mean! I like the anticipation too and I know that if I wait until week 20 the gender will for sure be correct. I'm just impatient!

37. winniebee

@whenoceansrise: I would wait for your scan!! It's something to look forward to ....after that no real surprises until the birth!

38. TheReelDeal

kiwi / 742 posts

@whenoceansrise: I actually have an appointment tonight with an independent ultrasound tech to find out the sex because I'm impatient too! I think for that price do it!

39. winniebee

I haven't done a registry and we don't need much except I want an ergo or beco, a new sound machine, and video monitor. May set one up on amazon to get a completion discount. I probably will explore getting a new pump through insurance maybe to leave at my moms or something. sprinkles really aren't done in my family or friends. We will need to get some new furniture like a dresser and my parents will get us a new crib.

@sandy: I forget how it works when before birth do you get the discount? Maybe I should set my due date for earlier (did you?)

40. whenoceansrise

nectarine / 2053 posts

@winniebee: I'm leaning more towards waiting. That's a good point!
    @TheReelDeal: Ahh that is SO exciting!! Be sure to update us asap and let us know!

As far as registries go, I've been researching this stuff since TTC and I've got a good idea on what I want. Our parents are purchasing most of the big stuff, but I do still plan on making a registry and will cross my fingers that people will actually use it and not just buy a bunch of clothes!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee