Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2013 Due Dates

1. Mrs. Lantern

apricot / 359 posts

@ladyfingers: I hear you on the headaches. They are the absolute worst! I slept early last night, as there was nothing else I could do to make it go away.

@WALLAROO: Ironically I was just in WA the weekend you were in Vancouver! I wanted to drop by Old Navy maternity, pick up a few things at Target, as well as go to Trader Joe's. Oh the things that you can only get in the states!

@Emilie: what an awful thing for her to ask! some medical practitioners have no bed side manners what so ever.

@Phillybaby2013: I also got some brown/pink spotting in week 5. Apparently the cervix is really delicate right now, and there are so many things that can cause spotting. My doctor says the most important factor is the amount, not the colour.

2. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@Mrs. Lantern: I was up talking to DH and whining last night, until about 11. Which is WAYYYYY too late for me these days

3. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

Hey gals thanks for all the reassurance about the spotting. So I've been getting the run around from my Dr's office about the u/s results. Basically playing phone tag and different hours for each Dr, blah blah. I called again today and the girl I talked to was an idiot. I told her what was up and could she send a message to the Dr that was there but she kept putting me on hold and finally was just like your Dr put a note in here that you measured 7 weeks 1 day and your due date is Feb. 6th. She was like if there was something else important she would have noted it. Needless to say I was very frustrated but whatever. Maybe my Dr will call me tomorrow but if not I'm not losing sleep over it. I just couldn't understand what the issue was that someone couldn't give me a result in a practice with 5 Dr's.... Rant over.

In other news I'm feeling incredibly puffy and fat, anyone else? Thank god I wear scrubs so I've been wearing baggier ones to cover my pooch. I told my boss today bc i have to wear a fetal monitor and wanted to get it. (I'm an xray tech ) It was so weird saying out loud that I'm pregnant to someone other than a close family member. It's still so surreal. Also made my sequential screen appt for July 30th.

4. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@littlepenguin: don't be nervous about your ultrasound! Mine was not transvag and she had no problem seeing anything so maybe you will get lucky and get one too. I had to drink 32 oz of water and I was ready to pop but the ultrasound itself was really quick and i got to pee as soon as we were done.

I stress about every little feeling too although earlier today I was feeling great for a few hours and kinda hoped I'd feel bad again bc atleast then I knew baby was still doing something in there. Lol. Feeling gross has kind of become the new normal. Now I'm all achy in my lower abdomen/pelvic area. I guess everything is adjusting? Who knows. I feel like people don't properly explain prior to pregnancy that its a full time all day thing from like day one. I guess I underestimated what i thought it would be like. So far I think it's pretty miserable. Haha.

5. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

So yesterday and today I have had like zero symptoms. Has anyone else had a fluctuation in symptoms? We are going to our first prenatal appt. today with a nurse practitioner so I'm sure we can find out if this is normal but the lack of symptoms is really freaking me out.

6. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@MrsH: Definitely. My boobs don't really hurt all that much, I don't have any vomitous morning sickness (though I do get queasy easily) and I'm not falling over fatigued. So I'm paranoid that I'm not pregnant enough or something lol... from what I understand, symptoms can fluctuate a lot day to day.

@Phillybaby2013: OMG yes! We had bigwigs in our office today, so we had to dress nice (normally it's casual, jeans, etc.). Both my dress pants are tight, but one at least is manageable... well, that pair was dirty! So I'm wearing an old pair of pants that was tight to begin with. I'm so miserable. I was going to tuck in and try to look presentable but I just couldn't, so I'm an untucked sloth today.

So the office called me today which I kinda freaked out about because I had bloodwork done for a slew of things, and my pap last week. I knew they'd only call me if something was wrong. But it turns out all it was is my Vitamin D is low and I need to take a supplement. Phew! One of the things they tested for was the cystic fibrosis marker, so I'm relieved I'm not a carrier for that. I thought it was so interesting that they could test for that.

7. WALLAROO

kiwi / 711 posts

@MrsH: My symptoms definitely come and go. Yesterday I had off and on nausea and was tire. Today I feel totally fine except I am super hungry.

8. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

When did you guys start getting symptoms? I'm 5w 1d and I pee all the time and I'm extra tired but that's about it. My boobs aren't sore, but they've never been sore, not even during PMS. I felt a little nauseated this morning, but that only lasted a few minutes. I'm definitely not praying for morning sickness because I've only thrown up twice in the past 15 years, so being nauseous makes me really anxious.

9. Mrs. Lantern

apricot / 359 posts

@lilteacherbee: symptoms started at 6 weeks for me. Nausea, headaches and tiredness overload!

@MrsH: Mine fluctuate, but I'm not sure if it's by day. Week 6 was really bad, week 7 has gotten a bit better, except with headaches now.

10. WALLAROO

kiwi / 711 posts

@lilteacherbee: I think my boobs started getting sore around week 5. Nausea started around week 6. Week 7 my boobs aren't as sore but definitely bigger and nausea comes and goes especially if it has been too long since I've eaten. No m/s and not overly tired.

11. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@lilteacherbee: mine have definitely come and gone in different weeks. I felt queasy the first few days then super bloated and crampy then boobs hurting now all of the above. Lol. Good times.

12. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@lilteacherbee: i didn't have any symptoms during week 5. i thought i was so lucky that i was going to have such a smooth pregnancy! then week 6 came... gah! they seemed to all hit at once - nausea, bloating, very sore boobs, peeing ALL THE DANG TIME, sleeplessness, breakouts, fatigue. it's been fun!

13. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Mrs. Lantern: @WALLAROO: @Phillybaby2013: @photojane: Thanks guys! So I guess I should enjoy this week because week 6 is likely to be not so fun.

14. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@lilteacherbee: haha... didn't mean to scare you! hopefully you'll get an easy go at it. like you, i had thrown up maybe twice in my whole life, but that has certainly changed.

15. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@photojane: haha I'm not too scared. In some twisted way, it will be reassuring, but...yeah, the throwing up thing is just not something I'm used to.

When I got sick last year, I took a pregnancy test even though I was on birth control because I knew I just HAD to be pregnant. Nope, just a stomach ulcer of some sort haha

16. brittanym526

pea / 9 posts

Hello again mamas!

Haven't checked in lately - had my first doctor appointment on Friday - it was pretty boring. Just had to answer medical history questions and then I did some blood work. Scheduled our ultrasound on September 17th to see if it's a boy or girl! Our next appointment at the end of July is where we will hear the heartbeat for the first time.

As for symptoms, I have been hungry more than normal and I get queasy when I get home from work at night. Other than that - no major symptoms.

17. WALLAROO

kiwi / 711 posts

@brittanym526: Hearing the heartbeat for the first time is so wonderful. That is exciting that you have your anatomy ultrasound scheduled already! Something to look forward to :).

I had my first appointment with our new OB since finding out we were having twins. I am 8w2d. We did an ultrasound and we were able to see the babies again. I had a transvaginal ultrasound so no doppler to hear the heartbeats but we definitely saw them. The twins are doing great and growing. It was so reassuring to see them again. Our next appointment is in 4 weeks.

No new symptoms for me. On most days I definitely can no longer button my skinny jeans so my Bella Band has been my best friend lately.

How is everyone else feeling this week? Any updates?

18. Mrs. Lantern

apricot / 359 posts

@WALLAROO: great to hear the twins are doing well! As for my skinny jeans, those have been stored away lol

We had our first ultrasound today (transvaginal also). I was incredibly nervous going in, and was relieved to hear everything is looking good! Baby is 8w2d along, measuring 18.88mm with a hb of 166bmp.

My symptoms have really slowed down the past few days. Not as much nausea, sore boobs...but food aversions are still strong :S Can't seem to eat anything w/o feeling off. I just might have to give jello and pickles a try

19. MrsH

honeydew / 7667 posts

@ladyfingers: @WALLAROO: thanks for the optimistic words ladies.

After some spotting last week we had our first u/s yesterday. Baby is measuring at 6w3d so looks like 2/22 is the EDD. Heartbeat was good and strong.

@Mrs. Lantern: I've gotten the headaches- yuck, Hopefully you are feeling better.

20. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

Yay, love all the good news around here!

I got my first bit of nausea today at 5w6d. DH and I went to lunch at one of our favorite places and once he said the word "hot dog," I thought I was going to lose it. Ick. It only lasted a few minutes though.

Also, I confided in a couple ladies at work about the pregnancy (I work with kids and they understand that I can't pick up heavy children/they're extra careful with me if a kid is throwing a tantrum). Today, one of those teachers said "You're getting fat!" Um, thanks, just really bloated.... Ugh.

21. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@lilteacherbee: i can't believe she said that... haha. wow!

unlike some of y'all lucky ducks, my symptoms are getting WORSE. ugh. i'm trying not to throw up as i type this. i can't even hug people anymore because the boob pain shoots through my whole body!

22. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

Glad to hear everyone is doing pretty good... I'm 9 weeks today which is exciting. Nausea has chilled out the last two days expect at night when it still lingers. I'm super congested and can't breath out my nose which blows. Or rather doesn't blow. Lol. Im hoping it's just allergies. Gonna try a benadryl tonight before bed.

Found out something cool today... We're scheduled for an NT scan on July 30th and ill be 13 weeks when apparently some people have reported finding out early genders!

I can't wait till my next appt to hopefully hear the heartbeat. I'm slightly paranoid with seeing so many sad stories online. I just have to put my faith in something that's beyond my control.

On a happier note Happy 4th to everyone tomorrow!

23. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Phillybaby2013: good luck on your nt scan! i hope they can tell the gender!

i had my first u/s this morning! we got to see our little peanut and hear a strong, healthy heartbeat. it was amazing.

we go back for our nt scan on the 27th. i'm pumped to see a more baby-like little blob next time!

24. WALLAROO

kiwi / 711 posts

I have been so tired today. This must be the fatigue/exhaustion that people talk about during pregnancy. I haven't really done anything out of the ordinary - just working and sitting down. I can't wait to lay down on the couch and rest once my day is over.

I actually had to wear slacks for work this week since I was actually in the office and not on-site and they did not button, not even close. Haha. Bella Band to the rescue! I'm only 5'2" and had a pretty flat stomach pre-pregnancy so it is only a matter of time before I start showing.

How is everyone else feeling/doing? Big plans for the weekend?

25. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@WALLAROO: The exhaustion is definitely the worst for me! I haven't been throwing up, but just randomly queasy here and there. But the fatigue is kicking my butt. Just when I start to feel better, I all of a sudden feel all the juice run out of me.

I have noticed my boobs don't feel as big and swollen and achy anymore. They're still bigger (and growing, I'm sure), but they don't hurt the past couple of days. I'm 9w5d, does anybody know if that's a factor of the placenta taking over later on and maybe less progesterone? I'm not nervous or anything, just curious.

And @Wallaroo, I have one pair of pants that fit me. ONE. A pair of jeans I wear every. Single. Day. I even bought a pair of long shorts and a pair of linen pants from Target, both in size *12s* and neither of them are comfortable at all. I think it's a combo of the bloating and the extra eating (I'm hungry all the time and I try to make good decisions but I'm eating every hour versus every three hours before, so extra cals are bound to get in there!). I wore my business slacks to work last week because we had on-site visitors and it was awful, they already didn't fit me well pre-pregnancy so I might have to spring for a Bella Band just for those days when this ONE pair of jeans isn't available to me.

26. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

So the crazy in me came out last night and I ordered a fetal doppler. I didn't even tell DH yet but I'm not gonna lie I can't wait till it gets here so I can try to hear the heartbeat. I dont know what it is but I just feel like i need a reassurance that there's still something in there. Waiting between Dr. appts is murder. Hope it works!.... Side note this may sound weird but has anyone else been experiencing a pressure like feeling in the V Zone? It only happens maybe for a few seconds but feels strange like you blew up a balloon in there and then it goes away. IDK.... I feel like I've felt more weird feelings in my body in the last 9 weeks than I have in my whole life. And I'm gonna guess that there's tons more to come..... Happy Friday Mommas! Stay cool! 103 here tomorrow

27. Emilie

cherry / 144 posts

hi everyone!
    glad to hear you all are doing well, minus a lot of exhaustion all around I totally hear you on that!

I just came back from a week long vacation and here's a tip for any of you who might want to go on a cruise...don't go unless it's a huge huge ship, and the Atlantic is more "rough" than if you're just sailing in the caribbean. I've been on quite a few before and this time my DH and I went on one that fit 1350 passengers from NYC to Bermuda - only 1.5 days at sea and it was THE WORST to be nauseous and seasick. Apparently, the seas were very calm, but I must have been extra sensitive to the waves (8 weeks pregnant during the cruise). We opted to fly back from Bermuda to NYC so I wouldn't have to suffer through the cruise back!

Today is 9 weeks and 1 day, and I can definitely see a bit of stomach roundness going on!

28. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Phillybaby2013: haha - i'm actually jealous of your doppler! i'd love to be able to hear baby's heartbeat anytime!

@Emilie: i cruised from baltimore to bermuda a couple summers ago, and i was SO sick the whole way there and back. i wasn't pregnant, but the rougher atlantic waters really got to me. i can't imagine doing it pregnant!

29. WALLAROO

kiwi / 711 posts

@ladyfingers: I definitely recommend the Bella Band! Cheaper than buying new pants right now.

@Phillybaby2013: Let us know how the doppler turns out! I hear you though on wanting that reassurance in between doctor's visits. The wait is sooo long.

@Emilie: Seasickness on top of pregnancy nausea does not sound fun! Hope you guys had fun in Bermuda though. I am also seeing the tummy roundness happening.

I started taking belly pics last week when my stomach was still relatively flat so I would have a baseline picture. I took one on Saturday when I was 9 weeks and I do have a little more of a pooch in this picture but it was so crazy to see such a small difference when I feel so much rounder/bigger.

30. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@Wallaroo funny you should say that, I just posted about how I bought a Be Band at Target and today I'm wearing pants I couldn't even comfortable wear before going pregnant. LOL

31. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@Emilie: sucks about the increased sickness! Love love love Bermuda tho! Cruised there twice and would definitely go back... Kinda agree on the roundness part. I'm 10 weeks tomorrow and considering I'm starting out plus size my pooch has taken on a whole new level. My dad saw me yesterday and was like you're looking pregnant and i said no dad I'm just fat but thanks for pointing it out. Lol.

@ladyfingers: i saw ur post too and thought I really need to get myself one bc I've been living in yoga capris the last several weeks. I'm super comfy but even DH has commented on my lack of wearing anything else. Oh well.

Doppler update... It came on Saturday and I was super siked. I tried it out and it took a REALLY long time to find it but I did. Hubby was out all day and I surprised him when he got home and again it was very difficult to find. So much so that my stomach hurt a lil from pressing down. (I'm chubby so I'm sure this had something to do with it.) I decided to leave it be for a while since I can be a little obsessive and let baby get a bit bigger. Then I had the bright idea to try to record it for our parents to hear but couldn't find it. Today I was like I'm gonna give it one more shot and then I'm done (OCD much!)... Found baby within a few minutes without too much effort!!! Was able to record it and send it to our immediate family. It might be the coolest thing ever to hear. Still very weird that their is actually something growing in there but it was very validating.

Hubby and i are off today and tomorrow and tonight were going to an amazing BBQ place for some ribs. I've been having lots of aversions at dinner time lately but after watching food network one night all I can think about are ribs and pork chops. Haha. I can't wait!!!!

32. Emilie

cherry / 144 posts

@Phillybaby2013 - so cool that you got a doppler!! I think my husband would think it's probably a bit too much, so I don't think I'll mention it, even though I totally want one!

In my ultrasound a couple of weeks ago, I saw the baby but wasn't able to hear any heartbeat - I'll have to wait until the end of July for my next ultrasound and hopefully I'll get to hear it then!

Bermuda was really nice and relaxing! The beaches there are so nice, but I definitely found that lying on the sand on my stomach was pretty uncomfortable. I've also been having weird aversions to food when it comes to poultry or meats... usually I'm all about the meat, but every now and then it makes me sick to even think about it.

33. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@Phillybaby2013: HAHA DH innocently told me I was showing a couple of weeks ago. I just glared at him.

Where did you get your doppler? What kind? You know... just curious.

34. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@ladyfingers: I got the Sonoline B after reading that alot of other bees had that one and liked it. I ordered it from Fetalharmony.com It was about $60 with an extra gel but apparently you can just use aloe vera which I didn't know till after I ordered it. It came next day but the site is apparently out of PA which is where I live. They are also on ebay but I didn't feel like dealing with bidding.

35. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

Hi ladies! Finally went to the doc and can officially join this thread! I'll use the template I saw above...
    EDD: Feb 27ish
    How far along? 7 wks
    How long TTC: NTNP
    First child?: Second! LO just turned one... It was sooner than we expected but we're excited!
    Any feeling about boy/girl: thinking girl right now
    First doctor's appointment: today not with my normal doc though so it was pretty hasty
    How do you feel?/Symptoms so far: nausea and lots of it, some fatigue as well but it's overshadowed by how sick I feel
    Who have you told?: just my parents, will tell in-laws when we see them in person in a few days

Happy and healthy 9 months to you all!

36. Mrs. Lantern

apricot / 359 posts

@Baby Boy Mom: congrats and welcome to the group!

@WALLAROO: I started taking belly pics at 6 weeks. Going to try to take them every 2 weeks for the entire pregnancy. Hope I can keep this up!

We told DH's family this weekend during FIL's birthday that we're expecting. It's fun watching their reactions! He said it's the best birthday present he's ever received

37. lilteacherbee

cantaloupe / 6791 posts

@Baby Boy Mom: yay, we're due date twins! congrats!! When is your first ultrasound? Mine is on the 24th.

Well, the nausea has officially begun in full force. Its actually worse for me in the evenings! I'm also extremely tired and ready for bed by 8pm. I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow and only 2 weeks until our first ultrasound!! I'm telling 2 close friends tonight and I can't wait to see their reactions!

38. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

@MRS. LANTERN: thanks!

@lilteacherbee: exciting!!! I just had one today to confirm the pregnancy. The doc didn't spend much time, but we did see a heartbeat! I totally feel you on the evening nausea too! Dinner is so unappetizing these days...

39. WALLAROO

kiwi / 711 posts

Ugh...I think I need a doppler like @Phillybaby2013 for some reassurance. I haven't had any symptoms the past two days and just don't feel pregnant. I have definitely gained weight though. My boobs aren't that sore anymore and don't have any nausea. My next appointment isn't until August 3 and it just seems so far away! Am I the only one that gets a little crazy in between appointments and lack of symptoms?

40. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@WALLAROO: I had that last week! I was even hyper, not at all tired, and wanted to go out to dinner with friends after work on Friday. My boobs didn't feel as heavy and sore. So of course I got nervous. Well... yesterday, all day long I was super nauseous, thought I would probably throw up, horrible heartburn, and fell asleep on the couch at 7:30, then this morning my boobs hurt AWFUL. So yes, my symptoms are fluctuating too, and I am also going nuts between appointments! Our 12-week scan is July 26 and I feel like I'm going to lose my mind. Hang in there!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee