Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2013 Due Dates

1. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@MrsH: i saw your other post and I don't know if I replied on that one but I am so sorry for your loss. I'll be keeping you and your husband in my thoughts and prayers. And like @photojane said even tho were strangers I've seen so much love and support on these boards from women that have been through this so don't hesitate to lean on us.

2. Emilie

cherry / 144 posts

@lilteacherbee & @MrsH - oh my goodness... my heart absolutely breaks for you both. I can't even begin to imagine what you're going through. Sending lots of e-hugs your way!

3. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@MrsH & @lilteacherbee I just saw this... My heart breaks for both of you. I am so, so sorry.

4. Wigglesj

pea / 9 posts

@MrsH & @lilteacherbee I am so sorry for your losses.

Hello ladies! I'm new to the boards but thought that this thread might be the best place to start. I was first an avid Weddingbee reader and then became an addicted Hellobee reader. A little bit about me:

EDD: February 16th, 2013

How far along?: 11 weeks

How long TTC: We were actively PREVENTING!

First child?: 3rd! 7 y/o boy, 9 m/o girl

Any feeling about boy/girl: I'm hoping for a boy this time!

First doctor's appointment: Already had one, next one on Monday.

How do you feel?/Symptoms so far: Nauseaous, exhausted

Who have you told?: Just a few close friends, haven't even told any family members yet!

5. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Wigglesj: congrats & welcome! number three -- looks you're in for an adventure!

6. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@Wigglesj: Congrats, and welcome

7. Wigglesj

pea / 9 posts

@photojane @ladyfingers: Thank you! Yes, my panic attacks have already started, lol!

8. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

just wanted to update everyone --

i had my nt scan yesterday. she tried three times, but baby just wouldn't cooperate! baby was bopping around and having fun, and then as soon as she would get ready to get the measurement, he/she would lie flat on the wall. it was funny and frustrating at the same time. i think we have an ornery one! she was able to tell that baby is normal, and there wasn't any fluid on his/her neck, but not able to take the actual measurements. i did the first batch of genetic screening blood work, though. we'll get those results in 4 weeks, after i do the second half. i'm not worried at all - she said everything looks great: perfect heartbeat, perfect size, and 5 fingers on both hands!

i think watching baby bump around and wave to us at 12 weeks was the most incredible moment of my life so far. there was such a big change between my 8 week appointment and yesterday. i truly fell in love with our sweet baby, and it made it so real for me!

here's an instagram of our u/s!

9. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@photojane: Yay, wasn't it amazing? I could have laid there and watched the little bean bounce around all day. Ours was on Thursday. Seeing all the limbs and fingers and toes was wild! And a relief

10. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@ladyfingers: so awesome! what was the heart rate? how was the nt scan?

11. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@photojane: @ladyfingers: ah these pics are so exciting! I have mine on Monday! I can't wait and hope to add one of my own pics up here too.

How's everyone's MS doing? I thought Thursday morning that I finally didn't feel nauseous but apparently I was mistaken. Still feeling gross in the am and at night (like right now) and if I don't eat every few hours. It just feels like stuff sits in my chest and could reappear at any moment. Oh and headaches were a new one for this week. Cmom golden trimester!!!!

12. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@photojane: heart rate was 152 and the scan seemed to go well, it took her a while to get a good pic of the membrane too but it measured 1.2 so they were very happy with that! They said they should have the blood test back by the end of next week and they'll call either way.

I just can't wait until we find out the gender! I went to a nice maternity and children's consignment shop today and bought some mommy clothes, and so wanted to buy some cute clothes for LO! I have to go in for high-risk scans at 16 and 18 weeks because of some cryo I had done on pre-cancerous cervical cells years ago, and she said she may be able to tell us gender at 16 weeks!

13. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@Phillybaby2013: I haven't had much MS, just some nausea, but I am still exhausted! I keep thinking I'm getting better but today I ended up taking a 2-hour nap and falling asleep on the couch at 8. I can't wait for tri 2, just one more week! I hope I have more energy, this house could use some work.

14. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@ladyfingers: agreed... I just cleaned my shower today and thought I might die. I dont know if I ate something bad or what but I was super sick last night and today. I looked at myself in the mirror and i look like a crazy person. Between my frizzy hair after cleaning and the broken blood vessels around my eyes from throwing up and gagging I'm a hot mess.

15. WALLAROO

kiwi / 711 posts

@photojane: @ladyfingers: Loving the ultrasound pictures. I can't believe how much more baby like they look as compared to earlier ultrasounds. It makes me so much more excited for my appointment on Friday. I hope the week goes by really quickly!

@Wigglesj: Congratulations and welcome!

@Phillybaby2013: Still no real M/S here. Hardly any nausea as well. I'm hoping it stays that way!

16. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@Phillybaby2013: I'm sorry, I hope you feel better soon! This morning I have the requisite heartburn. Bleh.

17. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Phillybaby2013: how'd your u/s go? post a picture for us! my m/s is actually WORSE than it's been. it seems like every week i get sicker and sicker. it's almost to the point now that i can't do anything but lay on the couch. @ladyfingers, i feel you -- my house is GROSS. i can get up long enough to do dishes or a load of laundry, but then i feel awful again. c'mon 2nd trimester, do your thing!

@WALLAROO: thanks! i think he's super cute already, but i think i may be biased! also, we've taken to calling the baby "he".. i hope we're right. you're going to love the 12 week u/s. definitely update us with info a picture on friday!

18. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@photojane: The tech told us she thought it was a boy, and will be interested to see if she's right. I think she's wrong, though! I know, who do I think I am But I'm using the nub theory to predict girl.

19. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@WALLAROO: ahh ur so lucky! I hope it stays that way for you too!

@ladyfingers: Thank you! I still felt crappy this morning but I think I need to increase how often I'm eating bc sure enough I started to feel awful again before lunch.

@photojane: my appt is at 3 but I definitely will when I get home! I'm nervous and can't wait to get out of work. I'm sorry your feeling worse too! It's terrible isn't it? I've been nauseous pretty much every morning and at night too and it was manageable but this is on a different level. I started crying last night to my husband that I should be feeling better not WORSE! I don't know if today I'm still recovering from the weekend bc i ate hardly nothing and threw up twice full meals but im barely getting my lunch down right now. NO FUN! : (

20. Mrs. Lantern

apricot / 359 posts

@photojane: @ladyfingers: love these photos! I'm amazed at the difference a few weeks can make in development (hearing about it is one thing...but actually seeing it, wow!)

You ladies are so lucky! They don't do NT scans in Canada unless there's a reason to. I did my blood test last week, but that's it! I'm going in for a second blood test in a few weeks.

@ladyfingers: finding out the gender at 16 weeks would be such a nice treat! so exciting!

@Wigglesj: welcome and congrats fellow WB-er!

Hubs and I booked our babymoon vaca this past week! We are going to Paris and Barcelona for 2 weeks and I'll be 21 weeks by then. We've been humming and hawing about this trip for awhile, but decided to do it now before LO comes and our hands will be full. Hope I'll get my energy back...but more importantly, my appetite!

21. WALLAROO

kiwi / 711 posts

@Mrs. Lantern: So jealous of your babymoon. That sounds so amazing! You and your hubby will definitely remember that trip.

We are still trying to figure out where and when to take our babymoon. If we want to fly anywhere, it has to be before I am 24 weeks. With twins, my doctor doesn't want me to fly past 24 weeks.

22. Emilie

cherry / 144 posts

Hi ladies!
    I love seeing the ultrasound pics
    We had our NT scan done last Thursday morning and everything went well. The neck fold measured 1.1 mm which is good, and the heart beat was between 155-160. We were also told that we should be able to get the gender at 18 weeks, which will be at our September 10th appt.

Here's my ultrasound pic!

23. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@Emilie: So adorable!

24. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

Had our scan and blood work this afternoon. It was amazing!! The baby was swimming like a little fish in there. I couldn't believe it. The measurements were good and baby is 7 cm long and had a hb of 155. The only bad part was the 5 sticks I got in their attempt to get blood. My veins are terrible. Oh well getting to see the baby was well worth the pain. Here's my Lil baby saying hi and a side shot...

25. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

Oh geez they're enormous I'm sorry!

26. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Mrs. Lantern: AH! i want to go with you!

@Emilie: what cutie! is he/she waving? i think we'll be getting the anatomy scan at 19 weeks, but i was pretty much begging the u/s tech to do it sooner. she wouldn't oblige. haha.

@Phillybaby2013: AW! how precious! love the little hand. how far along were you at your scan? i was 11w4d and baby was 5.9cm, and had a hb of 169, which i thought was kind of fast. i'm anxious to see how much that will drop at our next u/s or if maybe we have a little girl in there after all!

27. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@photojane: I'm 12 weeks 6 days today.

28. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@photojane: oh and MS has hit full force I think... Just threw up in the kitchen sink. -fail.

29. Emilie

cherry / 144 posts

@ladyfingers - thanks!!

@photojane - hahaha, yes! the baby definitely was waving one hand and saying hello

@Phillybaby2013 - omg, your baby was totally moving around! So awesome! sorry about your kitchen sink fail though... you would think by nearly 13 weeks, the MS would be gone!

30. WALLAROO

kiwi / 711 posts

Loving all the ultrasounds and the active babies :)!

I have noticed one new thing this week. I haven't had to pee in the middle of the night. Has anyone else noticed this. It's kind of nice to be able to sleep through the night without having to get up to use the bathroom in the middle of the night (sometimes more than once).

31. photojane

cantaloupe / 6164 posts

@Phillybaby2013: oh no! i almost did the same exact thing yesterday. ugh!

@WALLAROO: i wish i was so lucky! i got up to pee at least once a night before i was pregnant, so now it's... awful. i think i need a catheter.

32. Baby Boy Mom

pomegranate / 3983 posts

Hey ladies- haven't been on in a while...we had our NT scan as well this week, everything's looking good. And slowly the morning sickness is easing up- yay! On the down side, hello reflux. Last time around it started way later so I'm not too happy about it. How's everybody feeling this week? Happy August!

@momentspassslow: glad there's another second timer on here! Our LO is 13 months and it's crazy hard running after him all day long!

@Wigglesj: congrats! so exciting!

@WALLAROO: yes! I can finally make it through the night without getting up again!

33. Mrs. Lantern

apricot / 359 posts

@photojane: our little bub's heartbeat was 168bmp at 12w2d and the ultrasound technician didn't seem concerned, so I wouldn't worry Easier said that done since I worry about everything!

Love all the ultrasound pics!

We started telling more close friends about the pregnancy. But I think the bump is getting so obvious that some people have already figured it out. Have any of you told your bosses yet? I think I will next week once we're 13 weeks.

34. WALLAROO

kiwi / 711 posts

@Mrs. Lantern: I haven't told my boss yet. I was going to wait to make sure all was well with my appointment this Friday and then tell him next week when I will be a little over 13 weeks and almost out of the first tri. My job requires travel and I need to tell them sooner than later because my OB says she won't let me fly after 24 weeks.

35. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

OK, ladies. It's time for some bump pictures. I can't be the only one here with some bumpage going on! (And if I am, I will cry.)

13 weeks what?! And this is my first. I'm gonna be huge.

ETA sorry it's in my office bathroom lol

36. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@Phillybaby2013: How exciting! But MS at 13 weeks?! Boo! I hope it gets better for you soon.

@Baby Boy Mom: Yay!

We got our results back super fast, I was so panicked when I saw the OB office calling me yesterday because they said it'd be the end of this week and I thought something was wrong! But everything was normal Phew!

37. Mrs. Lantern

apricot / 359 posts

@ladyfingers: love the bump pic! were you afraid someone might walk in? heh

38. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@Mrs. Lantern: LOL we have a bigger handicap stall with its own mirror so I was protected

39. Phillybaby2013

kiwi / 520 posts

@ladyfingers: love ur bump! I think I'm too chicken to take any bc I'm plus size I feel like you won't know the difference at this point. I know there's a bump but to everyone else I just look like I packed on some lbs. (which I haven't yet actually and that makes me happy) Maybe I'll be brave and start bc i really do want to do them I just don't have a lot of body confidence... But u look great!

40. ladyfingers

pomelo / 5331 posts

@Phillybaby2013: Aw, thanks. I feel like a fatty I can't believe I'm showing this early!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee