Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2014 Babies!

1. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@Honeygold89: Totally understand the cautious joining in! Hopefully he will be able to tell you something!!

@MrsKoala: Feeling the same?

2. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

Went to the Dentist this morning...OW!! Haha, my poor gums are so sore. They said its normal to bleed more and for your mouth to be more sensitive due to the hormone changes... but my gosh!

3. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

Hi ladies! Joining to say that I got a bfp over the weekend! Im still really nervous since my January miscarriage around 7-8 weeks.
    According to FF my due date based on O is February 21st. But according to LMP it is Feb 19th. I had a weird cycle with O this last time so I guess I'll have to wait for my first appointment to confirm. I already had something scheduled for a June 24th consultation so I called this morning and had them change it to a first checkup I should be 6, almost 7 weeks then which is the earliest they take. What good luck I had
    Hello to all of the other Feb 2014 mamas and praying we all have healthy, sticky babies! xoxo

4. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@citymouse: I'm hanging in there. I've been feeling gross for the most of the day now. I got some ginger chews and I hope those will help and I'm drinking sparkling water since it seems to help, too! I'm going to the dentist tomorrow and I'm so nervous about the bleeding! Did you have an xray?: Did they just double cover you with the apron?

@AuntieEm: Welcome!!! I really hope this is your rainbow baby! I also have an appointment June 24th!

5. deannab1

grape / 89 posts

Hey Everyone! I'm a fellow February 2014 mama, but quite possible January. My estimated due date is February 2nd, but we're really not sure because I'm still breastfeeding and my cycles have been unpredictable. We have an appointment today and will find out more. This is my 2nd and so far this pregnancy is totally different. My first was a breeze, just a little tired, but no other symptoms. With this one I have nausea, exhaustion, and heartburn (ALREADY!). Looking forward to getting to know you all!

6. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@MrsKoala: Thanks for the welcome and the 'invite' from the June POAS thread Hoping we both have great news to share on June 24th!
    I got my BFP at only 8dpo (Saturday) and it was VERY faint. I did it again at 9dpo and still the same. But today is 10dpo and I got a blazing pink line on FRER within seconds, plus 2 digitals and one CVS. Yes, I am obsessed but there is no greater joy than seeing all those BFP's lined up in a row Well, hopefully in 9 months there will be but for now this is it!
    I was trying not to get too excited and ahead of myself but its so hard!

7. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@deannab1: Good luck at your appointment!! Hoping that you are indeed a February mama!

@AuntieEm: It is definitely hard not to get excited!! I'm trying not to think about it but instead, I'm thinking about it every second.

8. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@MrsKoala: totally! It's like my brain is on a loop "I'm pregnant I'm pregnant I'm pregnant I'm pregnant I'm pregnant". Haha.

9. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@MrsKoala: good idea with the ginger chews! I dont think they will do xrays! Its not life threatening usually, so I would think theyd wait. My hygenist today wouldnt even use the numbing gel on some super tender spots she was cleaning she was super sweet about it!

10. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@deannab1: yay!!! Welcome to the board!! Cant wait to hear ab the appt!

11. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@MrsKoala: @AuntieEm: hahahaha i have that loop too. I told DH it was like a ticker tape parade in my head!

12. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

Oh so this just makes me feel more official lol I just had to do it just for fun!!

13. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@Honeygold89: Yay! Isn't the digital the best? No second guessing!

14. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@AuntieEm: yes it is I had to wake DH up cause the first one I took on Friday said not pregnant which I knew I still was but just wanted to see the words he gave me a big smile and fell back asleep lol he had a busy 80 hr week last week since he was on call so I let him go back to sleep lol

15. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

@MrsKoala: Thank you!

Anyone else get hit with the bad nausea? I've had fairly mild to moderate waves of it since the beginning of this pregnancy, but today was a rough one. I was sick and in bed from 5.5 to 18 weeks with my first, with severe nausea and vomiting, and lost a ton of weight, so I'm really hoping it's not that bad this time. Making ginger tea with grated ginger and hot water helps a bit, but you can only drink so much of that stuff each day without burning your stomach. Guess it's time to chant, "it's worth it" for the next 6-12 weeks...

16. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

Add me to the Feb 2014 mamas! Got my BFP over the weekend, based on my LMP my due date is Feb 9th. Making me 5 weeks along.

Reading through looks like we have a bunch of mamas pregnant w/#2- add me to that list, #1 is now 14.5 months.

No symptoms yet- w/my first I was nausous my first tri and had awful food aversions. Hopefully this time around it won't be as bad.

I have an appt on fri for some bloodwork then after that my first appt is at 8 weeks for a dating ultrasound.

17. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@erinpye: Ugh, yes to the nausea... it was coming and going but now I've had it two days in a row and I fear that it's here to stay. I tip my hat to you for dealing with this and caring for your LO. I'm feeling barely functional and I haven't even thrown up yet. Just the constant gagging and feeling like I'm on the verge of puking.

@lavender: Welcome!! I like the variety of the first time moms and the moms pregnant with #2! It's nice to be with others who have been through it before.

18. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@MrsKoala: Thanks! How old is your LO?

19. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@lavender: I don't have one! I meant as a first time mom that it is nice to be in a group with others who have been through it.

20. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@lavender: YAY!! Congrats and welcome. Im 5 weeks along as well! I think at least.

@erinpye: Ive been having waves as well, but they only last a few minutes and normally if I breathe deeply, eat something, and drink some water they are gone within 30 minutes. I know I shouldn't wish it on myself, but I kind of want more symptoms! Just to ease my mind a bit...

21. deannab1

grape / 89 posts

Well, turns out I'm a January momma...BARELY. Official due date is Jan. 31st. Almost 7 weeks along and we got to see the heartbeat. Makes it feel so much more real!

22. deannab1

grape / 89 posts

@erinpye the nausea has been so much worse this pregnancy. With my first it was like some sprinkled me with pixie dust and I was this happy, bubbly version on myself. This time around I'm like the a grumpy, cranky, nauseous version of myself. Not much fun at all. My poor husband!

23. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@deannab1: Oh so glad you got the see the heart beating!! Sad you wont be officially a Feb Momma though!

24. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@deannab1: Awww yay for the heartbeat!!! Sad you won't be a Feb mama ( or maybe you will ;))

25. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@erinpye: No nausea yet, with my first I had it all day long my first tri and hoping this time around I won't get it as bad.

It still hasnt' sunken in that Im pregnant, and even harder not to blurt it out to everyone.

26. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@lavender: Welcome to the club! I'm a first timer and ditto @MrsKoala that its nice to have some "pros" on the board.

@deannab1: Congrats on a good appointment! Check in with us every once in a while just in case you spill into February

27. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@lavender: I get what you mean about it sinking in. I still feel weird thinking or saying I'm pregnant. Like that word just seems so surreal. I keep thinking that maybe I got it wrong and on June 24th my doctor is going to say "you silly girl, you're not pregnant!" But I took 7 different test brands yesterday and they all came up instantly. I think I'm going to have to do a test a day until my 2nd trimester so I keep reinforcing it in my brain.

28. Adira

wonderful pomelo / 30692 posts

I just wanted to pop in and say congratulations to you ladies!! I had my LO the end of February 2013 (though I had a March 2013 due date), and it's a great time to have a baby!

29. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@lavender: @deannab1: welcome ladies
    @erinpye: haven't had any nausea yet other then when I go to brush my teeth I gag like crazy but as of today I'm 4weeks 6days but some of the other symptoms are kicking in hard!

@MrsKoala: @AuntieEm: if this goes well this will also be my first but I do have a stepdaughter which I love as my own so I already feel like a mom lol

30. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

Congrats to all the new Feb mommas joining our board! So nice to have more little bubs on the way!

It sounds as though we're all moving in to the stage where symptoms are starting to show up.... I've had some nausea this week but it was much better yesterday and today so I'm really hoping it was just a short lived thing. I'm still hanging out in limbo regarding my dates, but I feel as though everything is going ok so I'm going to continue with that line of thinking.

I have my next GP appt on Friday to go over the results of last week's scan and my bloodwork at was just done yesterday. I don't know if they'll just go with the 5w0d that they said I was on Friday, or if they'll want to schedule another dating scan in a couple of weeks to get a more accurate picture. I hope I get another dating scan....just to make sure everything is going well, even if the date doesn't change! I don't think I can wait until the NT scan....

31. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

I don't really feel any symptoms. Today I had a monster headache and got super tired around 3pm. Not sure if that's pregnancy related or not since I'm only 4 weeks. But otherwise nothing. Last time I didn't feel nauseous until exactly 5.5 weeks. From that point on I was in misery - constant nauseous/heartburn/hunger feeling. It wasn't like anything I've ever felt. I was laying in bed eating saltines and gingerbeer for 2-3 weeks. So I'm kind of expecting that in a couple more weeks.
    But I'll take that again happily for a sticky baby

32. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

Got my BFP first thing this morning! Estimated due date February 21, 2014! This is my first baby and we conceived after only one cycle of trying.

I'm 3 weeks and 5 days today. Only feeling fatigue and some cramping. It stil hasn't sunk in yet!

33. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

@MrsKoala: Yes, sparkling water helps. When I was pregnant with my first, still water made me really sick, so I either added a splash of cranberry juice to it, or just did sparkling. Having a Soda Stream in the house helps, because you can just turn tap or filtered water into sparkling. Also, more effective than ginger chews is to peel and grate (or chop up) some fresh ginger, and then pour hot (not boiling) water over it and let it steep for 3-4 mins. Only drink 1 cup a day because it can burn a little if you drink too much, but it actually helps. I split mine and do half a cup in the AM and half in the PM. Chewing gum, for whatever reason also helps, as does sucking on sour candies like Lemon Drops. Some people have success with real peppermint, such as in Altoids. Popsicles, or anything really cold will settle your tummy for a bit. Also, you can try taking Unisom and B6 together. You can double check with your doc if that makes you uncomfortable, but it's safe and helps with nausea a bit. When all else fails, there is Zofran, although for me, this is TMI, but it backs me up horribly and isn't worth the pain. If your prenatals are making you sick, ask your doc if you can take one with lower iron (I took 2 Flintstones chewables a day for most of my first tri last time, or the gummy prenatals with no iron). Get enough sleep, too, that makes a difference! I'm trying to remember all the tricks for you, and anyone else suffering, as we enter this sick peak time!

@deannab1: I bet you'll still be a Feb. mama--were you late with baby 1? Sorry you're sicker this time It's really hard, but it will pass, promise!

@lavender: We can cross our fingers together that this time it won't be as bad for either of us!

@Honeygold89: Oh yeah, the toothpaste, for whatever reason, is the grossest when you're pregnant! Hoping that's all you have to worry about as far as MS.

34. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@Danizaur: welcome and congrats! FertilityFriend also pinpoints my EDD at Feb 21st But if I go by LMP it is Feb 19th. I guess we'll have to see what the doc says! Would be fun to have a due date twin!

35. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@Danizaur: welcome and congrats

@erinpye: yeah it is but with my first pregnancy (which winding up being a mc in late march at 6weeks) I didn't have that problem but I can already see some difference in symptoms between the pregnancies.

36. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

@AuntieEm: Thanks! My LMP puts me at Feb 21st. Can't wait to go to the doctor and see what he says! I hope we are due date twins!!

37. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@Danizaur: welcome and congratulations!

38. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@Danizaur: YAY!! Welcome!!

39. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@erinpye: Thank you so much for the tips! I'm going to get some fresh ginger when I get out of work and look into the Unisom & B6!

@Danizaur: Congratulations and welcome!!

40. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@erinpye: These tips are awesome! Thanks!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee