Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2014 Babies!

1. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@AuntieEm: I read about that too!! That they will read positive if you are Surging, OR Pregnant!! So fun!

2. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

EDD if you have one: Feb 21st

When Did You Find Out?: 10 DPO! My husband convinced me not to test until my period was due...because if it came out negative I would just be upset. But I woke up on day 10 and REALLY had to pee...so I just went for it. I wasn't expecting anything but I barely got to the sink to wash my hands when the PREGNANT popped up on the digi. My jaw dropped open. DH was already at work so I told my dog. Lol

Child Number: One

Where You Live: Kentucky

When's Your First Appointment?: June 27th! This was originally a preconception visit (oops) and I asked them if I needed to come earlier or later now since I'm pregnant but they decided to keep the appointment.

What You're Most Excited For: A bump! We've told our immediately family and a couple of close friends, but I'm excited about telling everyone else!!

What You're Most Scared About: Definitely miscarriage.

Symptoms so far: Fatigue. Oh my god, so much fatigue. I can't keep my eyes open. I get the occasional queasy feeling but nothing bad. Nippes are just a little sore, full breasts, cramping and back pain. Here's the weird thing for me: Most people say they have to go pee more often, but for me it's not more often...I just get the overwhelming urge that I'm going to pee on myself out of no where and have to run to the bathroom! I have to go urgently out of the blue (both 1 & 2).

Any fun plans for the summer: Going to Myrtle Beach in September! Woohoo!

3. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

I'm loving reading the role calls!

4. raintreebee

pear / 1531 posts

Hi Ladies, I am joining in for the first time after seeing the gestational sac today on my 5 week ultrasound and getting back very high HCG levels. After 17 months TTC, 3 failed IUIs, 1 failed IVF, 1 transfer of a frozen embryo that ended in a chemical pregnancy, I am sooo ready for this!

EDD if you have one: February 12
    When Did You Find Out?: 13 DPO with a faint line, rushed into clinic to get a beta. TOTALLY stressed out until second beta tripled on 15 DPO. Then spent the next week freaked out until today's ultrasound!
    Child Number: One!
    Where You Live: NYC
    When's Your First Appointment?: Today. Since I am in the care of an RE, I will have ultrasounds and blood work every week.
    What You're Most Excited For: A baby of course!
    What You're Most Scared About: Miscarriage. After so many disappointments in my infertility journey, I am terrified of losing this one and am truthfully bracing myself for the worst.
    Symptoms so far: Slight nausea, slight cramping, having to pee suddenly and frequently. INTENSE hunger.
    Any fun plans for the summer?: We have a lakehouse that I hope to spend a lot of time at now that it looks like we don't have to do another IVF this summer.

5. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@raintreebee: Welcome! Happy to see another NYC February 2014 mama!

6. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@raintreebee: AND it sounds like you've had quite a journey! Crossing everything that this is it for you!

7. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

@raintreebee: Oh CONGRATULATIONS!!! Thrilled to have you here and hoping for a smooth, healthy pregnancy for you with a gorgeous little baby at the end!

EDD: Feb 2 or Feb 8 (my dates put it more around the second, early scan said the 8th)

When did you find out: Around five weeks pregnant according to my digi. I'm still BF'ing our LO so don't have regular cycles but took a test on a whim. It came up super dark right away!

Child number: Two. We have a beautiful little girl, Emily, who will be one next week. We were hoping for an 18-22 month gap between kids and that's exactly what we'll get!

Where you live: Australia (I'm American, DH is British/Aussie)

First appt: met with GP last week and had my first scan that dated me at five weeks and showed a gestational sac. I have another GP appt today.

What you're most excited for: seeing DD be a big sister!

What you're most scared of: getting through pregnancy with a toddler and then managing two children under two!

Symptoms: A bit of nausea here and there, feeling exhausted if I don't take a Berocca every morning. Still BF'ing so haven't noticed any boob changes, everything else feels normal.

Any plans for the summer (winter here in Australia!): We live in the tropics so despite being winter, it's still in the 90s F every day! DH's parents are over visiting from England and will be with us for three weeks in July, which we're super excited about. We're also planning a week long holiday to Bali or Phuket,Thailand in August or September, before my parents come for a visit in October!

Whew,this was a bit long, apologies! I love reading everyone's stories though!

8. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@raintreebee: aw congrats that's so great to hear plus our due dates as of now are only a day apart:)

9. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@raintreebee: YAY!!! This is so exciting! Sticky baby dust to you! CONGRATS!!

@Ree723: Ooooooo Phuket!!! That sounds delightful!

10. BlueberryPie

cherry / 105 posts

@raintreebee: Welcome!! I'm so excited for you! Sending all my sticky baby thoughts your way

11. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

So I just thought I'd update you all on my appt today. I am now classified as having a threatened miscarriage and am 50/50 for whether or not this pregnancy will continue.

The ultrasound report confirmed that I was only measuring 5 weeks exactly, with no fetal pole yet seen. That's not a huge problem as it's still quite early, but that just doesn't coincide with my dates at all and the GP doesn't think it's likely conception happened five or six days after we last were intimate. There is the possibility that it was just too early to see anything, but she kind of made it sound like we need to prepare for the other outcome.

I have to go for a blood test tomorrow (Saturday), then again on Monday, and on Wednesday. Obviously we're looking for the numbers to double and if they have, happy days and we'll schedule another scan for two weeks time to get an accurate date. If they're rising but not doubling, we'll still do another scan to see if the baby is growing properly. And if the numbers have plateaued or are dropping, well, we know it's over then.

I will just be hanging out here in limbo for another several days - I can call on Wednesday to get the results of my first two hcg draws and will then have an appt on Friday to go over the results from all three blood draws and take the next steps as appropriate.

I'm not quite sure what to feel right now. I'm kind of sad, but also kind of just kind of feeling as though whatever is going to happen, is going to happen and there's no point worrying about it or being sad. If it doesn't work out, so be it.

Anyway, just thought I'd update you all! Hope everyone else is doing well!

12. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@Ree723: I'm sorry you're going through this and it is kind of what I went thur back in march with my first mc but the best advice I can give you is to try not to stress an I know that's hard right now but try to relax and get your mind off of it as best as you can and I'm definitely going to be praying for you.

13. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

Is any of you ladies having acne it's taking over my face I feel like a teenager again and feel a little hopeless to curing it I definitely didn't have this with the previous pregnancy

14. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

@Ree723: Big hugs, mama.

15. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@Ree723: Sorry to hear that! I've been through it and its tough. I also tried to focus on "I can't control it, it will happen if its meant to happen." And I still believe that my MC was for the best because it wasn't a healthy pregnancy. But it's still sad and it's ok to feel any emotion you feel.
    BUT let's not get too sad just yet! Wait for the tests to come back, just as I've had my experience in the negative, I know friends who were told the same thing and everything was ok and they went on to have healthy babies. I'll be praying for you either way! xo

16. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@Ree723: Oh, I am so sorry to hear that Hugs!! I hope that your numbers double though and that everything turns out just fine!!

17. BlueberryPie

cherry / 105 posts

@Ree723: I'm so sorry to hear that. Sending you a big hug! You'll be in my thoughts.

18. BlueberryPie

cherry / 105 posts

@Honeygold89: My skin has been horrible! Granted, it has been bad since I went off BCP in January, but I feel like it has gotten worse. I just bought some tea tree oil face wash and have been using my Clarisonic more frequently. I haven't seen much improvement yet though. Blah!

19. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@BlueberryPie: it's horrible my skin hasn't been like this since middle school

20. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@raintreebee: Welcome!!! So glad that you got good news from the ultrasound and that your HCG levels are so great!

@Ree723: Oh no! I hope that your levels go up! I hate that you are in limbo right now.

21. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

@Honeygold89: I'm still pretty early but I've noticed a few pimples. I normally don't break out at all. But I also haven't been washing my face before bed lately so it may be from that!

22. raintreebee

pear / 1531 posts

@AuntieEm: yay for nyc!

@Ree723: i am so sorry you are going through this. you are in my thoughts, and i am wishing you and your little bean the best.

23. deannab1

grape / 89 posts

EDD if you have one: January 31, but I'm hanging out on the feb. boards cuz I'll prob be late.
    When Did You Find Out?: 3 weeks 5 days
    Child Number: #2
    Where You Live: Oregon
    When's Your First Appointment?: Last Monday, next appt is July 15
    What You're Most Excited For: seeing my first become a big brother
    What You're Most Scared About: I'm going for a VBAC so I'm really nervous.
    Symptoms so far: Nausea, upset tummy, and I already have a pooch
    Any fun plans for the summer (or winter in Aus)?: I'm a teacher so I'm really just excited to get to be a SAHM for the summer.

24. Springtime

pomegranate / 3204 posts

Hi ladies! Hoping to join you all. I got two very faint postive tests. Going to test again tomorrow and hopefully get a BFP! If so my EDD is February 26! It will be my 2nd LO as well

25. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@Danizaur: maybe but for me I've been doing the same thing I always did and it just not working to well but it is looking like its clearing a tad bit

@Springtime: I have no doubt you'll be joining us so welcome

26. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

Thank you all for your very sweet messages! Comments like yours put a smile on my face and make me wish even harder that this is a sticky baby as I'd love to stick around with you ladies. Time will tell though. I just came back from my first blood draw so the process of getting some answers is underway. I'll probably step away from this thread a bit, so as not to bring others down, but will update once I get the results of my first two blood draws on Wednesday. Thank you all again for the support and well wishes - it means the world!

27. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@Springtime: we will see you tomorrow!

@Honeygold89: Not on face, but on my chest! So embarassing!!

@Ree723: (hug!) hope the blood info comes back positively!

28. fussygal

pomegranate / 3580 posts

Such awesome suggestions! I'm glad to hear there are a lot of options that work well. Now to pick which one...

29. LovelyPlum

eggplant / 11408 posts

@Ree723: lurker here. I am so sorry to hear that you're in that horrible in between place. I have been there, and it is awful. Please feel free to reach out, regardless of the results. I am hoping and praying for a sticky baby for you. Hang in there, lady.

30. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@citymouse: the face is bad enough and I don't like to wear makeup so it's no covering it up over here

31. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

@Honeygold89: Try glycolic acid. It's all natural and seems to help my skin a little while I'm pregnant and can't really use anything else.

Just here complaining that morning sickness is a b****. I have no idea why I thought I'd escape it this time, but it's awful and I'm already starting to cancel plans. I have a HUGE, career-making presentation tomorrow and it's 2 hours long on my feet, and an hour drive to get there and then back. I can't cancel it, and thinking about it makes me want to simultaneously vomit and cry. Dear God, please help me get through tomorrow. Just took the unisom b6 combo....not much help...(It's worth it, it's worth it, it's worth it).

32. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@Ree723: Thinking of you!!

@deannab1: I'm glad that you are going to stick around with us! I really hope that you are able to have a VBAC!

@Springtime: Yay!! Can't wait until you get a good definitive line!

@erinpye: I'm so sorry about the horrible nausea and that you have to do this presentation. I just cannot imagine driving for an hour and then having to present! I'll be hoping that you make it through it okay!!

33. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

Welp, one of the things that I've been dreading happened yesterday and this morning, migraines. I was really hoping that I'd be fine since I hadn't had one in a month (since before my BFP) but I wasn't so lucky. My usual fail safe method is to take Excedrin Migraine but I can't do that anymore. I've been taking tylenol, benedryl and having a glass of coke and that's mostly done the trick but I'm a little scared.

34. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@Ree723: Thinking about you xoxo

Not baby related, but I had to put my dog down yesterday and I was a blubbering mess in the vets office yesterday ;(. What an awful feeling that was.

35. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@erinpye: I'll look into it and remember its well worth it!

@lavender: sorry to hear that:(

36. runsyellowlites

coconut / 8305 posts

I've been lurking (waiting to see if I get to join you ladies) but I just wanted to pop in & say CONGRATS to everyone!

@Ree723: Praying for a sticky little bean! Hopefully your numbers will show good news!

@deannab1: I had a successful vbac with my DD, P, just over a year ago! Glad you're going for it.. if you have any question feel free to find me on my wall!

Hope I get to join you ladies soon!

37. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@lavender: Awww so sorry you had to go through that! Thinking of you!

38. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@MrsKoala: oh no! Hope this is an isolated instance and that they are few and far between!

39. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@erinpye: Blah blah and blah. Good luck and let us know how it goes!

40. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@Springtime: Yay! Can't wait to have you here full time!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee