Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2014 Babies!

1. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

Anyone else constipated? Its definitely contributing my bloated belly! Eeeks. I've been drinking 12 oz. of prune juice and lemon water throughout the day and that has been helping! Oh, and Colace of course...

2. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

Just came back from the dr's- had bloodwork done today so they can see how far along I am and get me an appt for my dating ultrasound... Weird bc I'm going to the same practice as before and didn't need bloodwork to confirm for my first. Anyone else need to do bloodwork?

3. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@lavender: I just had a similar post about this a few days ago, but the opposite - I was concerned that my new obgyn Does NOT do blood tests, especially with my history of miscarriage. I got a whole slew of responses and most seemed to think neither taking or not taking blood is abnormal, just depends on the practice, the doctor, the patient, the day of the week, who knows :-p. I opted to call my GP and had a blood test today. Will have another next week to see how my levels are doing.
    I'm just so scared after the last one. I figure better safe than sorry. It is interesting that you're at the same practice though. How long ago was the last pregnancy? Maybe they changed their policy. Or maybe were you more sure of how far along you were then than now?
    I really have no clue, just brainstorming for you

4. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@citymouse: I have the opposite problem... I hope it goes away for you!

5. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@AuntieEm: yes I remember that post! Last pregnancy was 2 yrs ago so I'm assuming they changed the policy- maybe bc pts were getting their dates confused? Fingers crossed for you for good results

6. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@lavender: thanks! Fortunately my GP is super nice and caring and doesn't mind doing everything he can to make me feel at ease. He may think I'm crazy but doesn't show it at least He said that since my ob doesn't do them he'll do it whenever I want.
    Even though I'm scared I do still feel positive. This feels like IT

7. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@MrsKoala: Oh no!! Pregnancy is so strange!!

@AuntieEm: Cant wait to hear about your results!!

8. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@citymouse: I'm having the opposite like @MrsKoala: say but I hope your get better

So I had my doc appt today and it was fine but really just confirmation so he could refer me to an ob-gyn cause he doesn't do any prenatal care which is fine as I just starting going to him as my primary care last Thursday the day before I got my bfp, but he did do the blood work so when I go see my ob-gyn he'll have a jump start which I appreciate him doing:) so now I'm waiting for them to call with my new doc and schedule my first appt which I hope is soon I'm anxious to see if my levels are rising unlike last time. Also I had a dentist appt tomorrow for an Extraction and when I called and talk to him about the pregnancy he said congrats and it was still ok to go ahead with it because he's only using a local and it won't hurt the baby which I'm still a little nervous about but I already did X-rays weeks ago so I don't have to do that.

And in the way of symptoms I'm just tired, hot due to the Florida weather, hungry every 30mins to an hour, I'm having a metallic type taste from time to time, thirst, peeing a lot, and really really sore breast but. Know it's worth it!!!

SORRY FOR THE BOOK LADIES just doing some catching up

9. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@Honeygold89: not to be a negative Nelly but I work in a dental office ( hygienist) and it's common practice to not do any dental treatment in the first trimester ( only emergency work) and if so it's with a clearance letter from the OB- with the second trimester ideal for any work.

10. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@lavender: that's what I thought too and I already told DH I don't feel comfortable with it but my wisdom tooth has been in pain but I'm definitely going to voice my concerns when I get there in the morning

11. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@Honeygold89: @lavender: I kind of agree. I think I would tell them I wasnt comfortable w any kind of work other than a cleaning. but thats just me!

12. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@Honeygold89: keep me updated! And def voice your concern again, good luck tomorrow!

13. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@Honeygold89: ohhhh gotcha. Yeah if I was in pain I would talk to the OB about getting something done. No sense in being in pain if you dont have to!

14. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@citymouse: I am going to do that for sure

15. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@citymouse: def agreed to keep getting your teeth cleaned while preggers

16. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@lavender: I will and thanks

@citymouse: the only thing about that is I don't have my ob yet because I seem my primary care who is referring me to an ob so I asked my primary today before I left his office what did he think about that and he told me to call the dentist and ask him cause he wasn't too sure with him not being in the prenatal care field

17. BlueberryPie

cherry / 105 posts

Hi everyone! Just wanted to pop in and officially join you all. I'm due February 19 with our first baby, so I'm looking forward to having some experienced mamas to be on this journey with.

I called my OB today to make an appointment and I'm scheduled for an ultrasound and initial visit on July 3. I'm sure the wait will feel like an eternity! I have had some mild cramping and slight nausea, but not much of anything else. No sore boobs, but my boobs were never sore around AF before. I'm wondering if that makes a difference. I probably just jinxed myself though!

I look forward to getting to know you all and experiencing this together!

18. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@BlueberryPie: Yay, glad you're here We got our BFPs on the same day and according to FF we have the same due date! But I think my doc will say its Feb 19th with @danizaur.
    Would be neat though if you and I were BFP and Due Date Twins!

19. Ree723

grapefruit / 4819 posts

@BlueberryPie: Congrats and welcome!! Umm, can I just say your name and avatar have me salivating for a blueberry pie now?! Yum!

@lavender: Wow, they did blood work to see how far along you are? Interesting! Do they do two tests to compare levels and date your pregnancy that way? Forgive my ignorance, I just thought there was such a huge range of hcg levels that it was hard to date a pregnancy based on that. I see my GP tomorrow and may ask about that, particularly if she doesn't recommend a second dating scan. I'm just not happy with the results of the one we had, particularly as it was a transabdominal scan at only five weeks and we couldn't really see anything, and what we could see doesn't match up with my dates at all. I need answers - my type A personality is going nuts right now!

20. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@BlueberryPie: Yay!! Welcome! Im a first timer too. i know what you mean about the wait till the first appt. Mine is July 8th and I already have a countdown app for it. Haha! 25 more days for me! Cant wait!

21. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

@AuntieEm @MrsKoala: You are very welcome! I hope some of them work for you!

22. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

@citymouse: I am not constipated so far this time, but with my first I was, and it's weird, but eating Corn Pops cereal was the only thing that helped me! I took Benefiber, ate all the right fruits, drank all the stuff you're supposed to, but good ol' Corn Pops won. haha! I can't seem to remember--is this your first? If you get super sick and get prescribed Zofran, just a heads up that it makes that issue MUCH worse, so be sure to take lots of things to help your system along if you end up on it.

I'm realizing the first tri is so different with the second. With my first, I had betas drawn, and had my first ultrasound at 5.5 weeks. This time they're like, uhhh just come in when you're somewhere between 8 and 10 weeks and we'll do an ultrasound to confirm dating. So, I'm waiting until July 1 to know exactly how far along I am! That, and I already have a belly--like as big as I was with my DD at 20-24 weeks. They aren't kidding when they say you show earlier with the second.

23. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

Body is starting to change and do weird things! This is my first baby so this is all new to me.
    I won't be 4 weeks til tomorrow but I have no doubt I'm pregnant (either that or something is really wrong with me).

Full boobs (luckily not sore yet), gas, cramping, and soooo much fatigue. But I'm excited about it all. DH is super excited. I bought him a fatherhood book when we first started trying but didn't touch it. Last night he read half of it! Caught him looking up baby names too!

24. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

Ok, so add me to the list of girls who are the OPPOSITE of backed up. Sheesh.
    @Danizaur: Ditto on the gas and fatigue! And that is soooo cute about your hubby! Mine was like that the first time around but now he's a little scared to get excited (after MC). He said he won't get excited until we are out of the first tri. I don't believe him, I think he'll be excited after the first appt when we hear everything is ok. It was our first appt last time that we were told the pregnancy was failing so that will be a huge hurdle for us. We never had a happy appointment so I can't wait for this one. I feel really good about it! Gotta stay positive!

25. BlueberryPie

cherry / 105 posts

@AuntieEm: It would be so fun if we were bfp AND due date twins! Either way, it should be close enough

@Ree723: Thank you! I looooove blueberry pie! I actually made one to celebrate our bfp the other day!

@citymouse: Thank you! I love your idea for a countdown app for my first appointment. Thankfully, I have a lot going on the next couple weeks (Vegas and jury duty) to make the time go a little quicker. I'm sure I'll "talk" to you before then, but if it slips my mind, good luck at your appointment!

26. BlueberryPie

cherry / 105 posts

@erinpye: I love making tea with grated ginger! I also add some lemon and rosemary. I always just made it because it tasted good, but I never thought of it for nausea. Thanks for the tip

27. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@BlueberryPie: Welcome!!!

@AuntieEm: It's the worst! I'd rather be puking than dealing with it!

I'm going to come up with a roll call and start organizing our due dates! I would have done it to start off with but it was just me and @citymouse for a little while there!! I'm so glad that our group has grown so much!!

28. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

Mostly taken from the September group's roll call:
    EDD if you have one: February 6
    When Did You Find Out?: 10 DPO with a faint line and then tested again at 15DPO and got a dark line
    Child Number: One!
    Where You Live: New England
    When's Your First Appointment?: June 24th. Can't wait!
    What You're Most Excited For: Baby bump, feeling baby kick!
    What You're Most Scared About: Miscarriage, Having my Graves' disease come back during pregnancy. I have to go get my levels checked next week and I'm sort of dreading it.
    Symptoms so far: Nausea, a bit of cramping every now and then, BLOAT
    Any fun plans for the summer (or winter in Aus)?: Just got back from my vacation to the Pacific Northwest. I have another vacation scheduled to the beach in a couple weeks. I can't wait!!

29. BlueberryPie

cherry / 105 posts

@MrsKoala: Thank you for the welcome! Also, thank you for organizing this thread

30. BlueberryPie

cherry / 105 posts

EDD if you have one: February 19
    When Did You Find Out?: 11 DPO with a FRER and 14 DPO with a digital
    Child Number: One
    Where You Live: St. Louis
    When's Your First Appointment?: July 3
    What You're Most Excited For: A bump!
    What You're Most Scared About: Miscarriage, for sure. I'm also already worrying about giving birth. Knowing there's only one way out is a little scary!
    Symptoms so far: Quite a bit of cramping and some nausea when I'm hungry
    Any fun plans for the summer (or winter in Aus)?: My mom and I are going to Vegas next week. I wasn't planning on being pregnant for this trip, but we will still have fun! DH and I are going to his family's beach house the week of Labor Day and we're both really excited! It's been awhile since we've seen most of his family.

31. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@Danizaur: aw that's cute your DH is ready and excited lol
    @AuntieEm: yeah I'm in that same boat but honestly my DH is more excited this time then I am but I feel the same my first appt was bad news and by this time the first time I had started bleeding so I already feel like I'm getting over a little hurdle now and this one does feel a little different in the way of symptoms but positivity is the only way to go and relax and stay as stress free as possible that's what I'm doing but I think we'll be just fine:)❤

@lavender: @citymouse: I cancel my extraction for today cause I just didn't feel safe and decided ill wait til I see my ob first then decide thanks ladies for y'all input and advice plus nausea kicked in this morning and I was so tired lol

32. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@Danizaur: Isnt it so weird!! I think the craziest thing for me are the changes in my nipples. Sorry for TMI!! But they have changed so much in the past couple weeks!

33. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@Honeygold89: Oh good! Im sure your OB will be helpful in deciding when its safe to go in for the extraction. Hopefully it wont be too painful for you until then!

34. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

EDD if you have one: February 13th
    When Did You Find Out?: 11 DPO with a faint line and then tested every day after that to watch it get darker and digital positive 14 DPO
    Where You Live: Florida
    When's Your First Appointment?:waiting on the referral but if I don't hear from them by Monday ill be calling them Monday morning.
    What You're Most Excited For:feeling baby movement!
    What You're Most Scared About: Having another miscarriage
    Symptoms so far: Tiredness, hungry, thirst, really sore breast, a little bit of nausea especially when brushing my teeth.
    Any fun plans for the summer (or winter in Aus)?: We were planning on a trip to Six Flags in Georgia but now idk

35. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@citymouse: yeah I hope but I rather be safe than sorry and I can deal with the pain for now it's for a good cause:)

36. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

EDD if you have one: Feb 11th (By my own calculations.)
    When Did You Find Out?: 10 DPO! With FRER and Digi
    Where You Live: Virginia
    When's Your First Appointment?: July 8th. Im so ready for it!
    What You're Most Excited For: A bump! And being able to tell more of our friends and family.
    What You're Most Scared About: Definitely miscarriage.
    Symptoms so far: Nausea anytime I eat, Constipation (SO jealous of all you ladies with the opposite problem!) Bloated, Nipples are super tender and sore, and I *think* some Round Ligament Pains when I sneeze, cough or stretch.
    Any fun plans for the summer: Beach for July 4th! We havent been in about 4 years so Im excited!

Also, how do you make text bold?? @MrsKoala:

37. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@citymouse: Put a b within these <> at the beginning of what you want to be bold. Then a /b in the <> at the end.

38. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@MrsKoala: Ooo thank you!

39. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

EDD if you have one: February 19th or 21st (FF says 21st due to O, but LMP puts me at 19th)

When Did You Find Out?: 8dpo (according to FF) with a faint line on a wondfo, then another faint line on FRER. At 9dpo I got a positive on Clearblue Digital. By 10dpo I had a dark line on FRER I'm still testing every day because the joy of a positive never gets old!

Where You Live: New York City

When's Your First Appointment?: June 24th. Yipee!

What You're Most Excited For: Hearing the heartbeat and the first kick!

What You're Most Scared About: Another miscarriage, for sure. Also what complications my hips might create (dysplasia and labral tears in both hips) in the last few months and at birth.

Symptoms so far: Very few - starting to feel gassy/bloated, had a brief wave of nausea this morning while eating my yogurt. Mid-afternoon fatigue!

Any fun plans for the summer (or winter in Aus)?: Well my project/contract came to an end in May so I'm planning on taking the summer to relax August 25th will be our 1 year anniversary so we plan on going somewhere for a long weekend/short week. And I was supposed to go to the wedding of a good friend in the Philippines September 21st but now I'm not so sure! My husband's cousin is also getting married in Israel September 24th...so maybe those two trips? I have to discuss with my doc, of course! I just hate backing out of plans that I've already given my word on, but...priority is baby!

40. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

Wowza, as I mentioned I'm taking tests obsessively since I have so many left over. The wondfo hcg is finally looking dark but I also took a wondfo LH for fun since I've read they can be positive. It's sooooo dark!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee