Hellobee Boards

Login/Register

February 2014 Babies!

1. Springtime

pomegranate / 3204 posts

Just wanted to update with an official bfp! I got this at 11 dpo. The line turned immediately!

2. Springtime

pomegranate / 3204 posts

EDD if you have one: Feb 26 based on LMP, Feb 24 based on when I O'd

When Did You Find Out?: Faint lines at 9 and 10 dpo, BFP at 11 dpo, and I had a feeling

Child Number: Two!

Where You Live: Oklahoma

When's Your First Appointment?: Haven't made one yet! Still trying to decide on an OB. My last OB retired. I have two options right now: go to one who is really close but I have heard mixed reviews on him. Or travel 30 minutes to an OB but don't know a lot about him.

What You're Most Excited For: DS being a big brother! Expanding our family.

What You're Most Scared About: Having 2 under 2, getting through pregnancy with a toddler!

Any fun plans for the summer: Going to Destin Fl at the end of July!

3. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@Springtime: yay I've been waiting on you to pst all day congrats again and welcome

4. Springtime

pomegranate / 3204 posts

@Honeygold89: Thanks! So excited! Congrats to you too!

5. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@Springtime: thanks

6. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@Springtime: yaaaayyy glad you're here!

7. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

@AuntieEm: @MrsKoala: Thank you for the well wishes! The morning was extremely rocky, but I managed to pull through and the presentation was a success.

About your migraines, don't be too afraid--I get them too, and only had one my last pregnancy. I know it's hard that you can't take your strong meds, but the coke should work, as might a cold washcloth on the back of your neck. It just may take a little longer to get it to go away

@lavender: I'm really sorry about your pup

@springtime: Yay! Welcome!

8. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

How is everyone feeling? My fatigue has mostly faded and cramps are milder. My boobs are getting slightly sore more and more everyday, but overall I feel great! I get little aches and pains every now and then to remind me of my changing body and my little tater tot, but I think my body is adjusting to the symptoms.

Then again I'm not far enough along for the morning sickness stage...so I may be speaking too soon!

9. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@Springtime: Glad to have you here officially!!

@erinpye: I'm glad that it was a success!! My doctor mentioned a medication that I can take for migraines while pregnant and I see him Tuesday so hopefully, I can get a prescription then. I think the nausea is getting worse with the migraines, though. I had my first bout of throwing up this morning.

10. BlueberryPie

cherry / 105 posts

@lavender: I'm so sorry about your sweet doggie. Our dogs are still pretty young, but I'm already dreading the day we have to say goodbye to them. Sorry again

@Springtime: Yay! So glad you're joining us! Congratulations!

@Danizaur: I'm feeling very similar to you, minus the decreasing fatigue. Although I'm not sure if I'm tired from the pregnancy or lack of coffee. The cramping is definitely getting better, while my boobs are finally feeling a bit sore. On the whole, not many complaints. I'm just so happy that I can't help but feel good I'm glad to hear you feel better too!

11. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@Danizaur: I really have no symptoms except maybe peeing more often? But to be fair I've been trying to drink more water because I usually don't drink much and I know that's bad. Prepreg I wouldn't take my first drink of water till around lunch time.
    Still no sore boobs or nausea really. Maybe more tired? But not sure i can attribute that to pregnancy.
    Guess I should count myself lucky while I can. Hoping it doesn't mean much to be symptom-less! June 24th, just get here already!

12. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

@AuntieEm: I'm not peeing more often, but I find myself all of the sudden being overcome with the urge to pee! It's like my bladder goes from empty to extremely full in 2 seconds. Lol
    I get a queasy feeling occasionally. If I'm more tired its not by much. I have dealt with anemia for a long time (I have it under control) so I'm used to being tired all the time. Overall it's going really well so far. My sister said she couldn't get out of bed at my stage so I feel like I'm doing pretty well,
    Sometimes I'm worried by my lack of symptoms, but then I get a cramp or two and get reminded that my little tater tot is still there! I go to the doc June 27th! I can't wait!

13. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@Danizaur: I can agree with the urge thing too. When it comes on it comes on strong!

Have any of you girls continued testing since your bfp? How often? Just curious I do it pretty much every day at least once!

14. Springtime

pomegranate / 3204 posts

@erinpye: ooohhh sorry about the MS. I'm really hoping I don't get it. I never had it with my first so I feel like I won't be so lucky this time around!

@Danizaur: Fatigue is killing me, and I'm sure it will only get worse! Sore boobs, light cramping, overall feeling pretty good though! I still don't feel pregnant.

@AuntieEm: haha I probably would too, but I ran out of tests!

Have you ladies told anyone yet? Only DH and I know currently but are itching to tell our parents, might wait a little bit longer though.

15. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@Springtime: With our history of a MC we are at least waiting for the first appointment before we tell parents. We might wait the whole 2 months to tell his parents because his mom is a blabber mouth, ha.
    My sister knows because she was here when I tested and I was dying to talk to someone about it. She's actually trying for her third this month so it would be cool to be pregnant at the same time, almost same timing.
    And my BFF knows because I visited her this weekend and she would have totally figured it out anyway with the lack of drinking. We're both big beer drinkers

16. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

Don't want to freak you out, ladies who don't have morning sickness yet, but don't count your chickens so soon. It can hit hard, without warning. I was convinced I wouldn't get it this time, because I had it from the start, and was in bed by 5.5 weeks, with my first, but by 6 weeks this time, it got me. I thought I was so successful getting through my presentation yesterday, but I paid for it all night with my head in the toilet. Thank goodness I have a wonderful husband who let me sleep pretty much all day--some Father's Day for him, poor guy.

17. mrs.halfsie

olive / 63 posts

Hello all! I have been very reluctant to join you because I don't want to jinx myself! This is my first BFP and I am cautiously excited!

EDD if you have one: February 16
    When Did You Find Out?: 14 DPO, I had implantation bleeding and wanted to wait to be sure it would be positive!
    Child Number: 1
    Where You Live: Seattle area
    When's Your First Appointment?: Haven't made one yet!
    What You're Most Excited For: A baby, finally after SO long!
    What You're Most Scared About: Miscarriage, complications.
    Symptoms so far: Implantation bleeding, fatigue, sore boobs, white discharge, cramping on and off.
    Any fun plans for the summer?: I am currently overseas (which probably adds to my nerves!) visiting family!

18. Honeygold89

nectarine / 2527 posts

@mrs.halfsie: welcome and congrats

@AuntieEm: since going to the doc for a confirmation I have tested once which was Friday night just wanting to see another positive and see was it still dark with our pass MC I just get anxious we didn't make it this far the last time and I just hope it keeps going well I'll be calling tomorrow to see when I can get an appt hope its soon I'm ready

19. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

So I got my first blood test results back. By my calculations I should have been at almost exactly 4 weeks that day, give or take a day. HCG was at 139 and they dated me at 2-3 weeks past conception. I'm not sure what that really means. It seems kinda low, but I know you aren't supposed to go by a single hcg number and it can vary greatly person to person and preg to preg...the doubling is what's important. I'm going back tomorrow to get more blood drawn. FX!

20. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@AuntieEm: I think that sounds great! 2-3 weeks after conception... That sounds like 4-5 weeks to me! Let us know how the numbers are tomorrow!!

21. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

EDD if you have one: February 9
    When Did You Find Out?: when I didnt' get my period (NTNP)
    Child Number: 2
    Where You Live: Boston(ish)
    When's Your First Appointment?: Ultrasound June 28
    What You're Most Excited For: Giving M a little sister/brother
    What You're Most Scared About: Miscarriage, M/S
    Symptoms so far: , sore boobs,
    Any fun plans for the summer?: Closing on our forever home next friday!

22. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

@mrs.halfsie: Yay!!! Welcome!!

@Danizaur: MS is slowly increasingly worse. Was every time I ate anything, and now its more a constant quesiness. All I want is Mac and Cheese. Haha! Crampig still. Glad things are leveling out for you!!

@Springtime: I knew it!! Welcome!!

23. citymouse

persimmon / 1116 posts

I love reading everyone's roll calls!!

24. Springtime

pomegranate / 3204 posts

@mrs.halfsie: Welcome!

25. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@mrs.halfsie: Welcome welcome! Glad to have you
    Keep us posted when you make your first appt!

26. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

So it looks like I'll be going into maternity clothes alot sooner than expected. I tried on a pair of shorts this weekend and I could barely button them, couldn't tell if its because of my pp weightloss or baby bump. Seriously not good. And I've got a long ways till I want to announce #2.

27. artsyfartsy

cantaloupe / 6692 posts

@AuntieEm: My BFP I took was my last test. I have been tempted to go buy some just because. Lol

@Springtime: We've told immediate family and a couple of close friends. I thought I was going to wait a while before telling but I couldn't keep my mouth shut. I was too excited!

28. mrs.halfsie

olive / 63 posts

Just made my first appointment with a midwife practice! Apparently I have to go in for an "orientation" and then follow up in Week 11 with my first real prenatal visit. Is it just me or does that seem like a long time to wait?!

29. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

@lavender: Same here, in maternity clothes almost immediately. I guess it's pretty common with the second. With my first, I didn't show until 20-24 weeks, with this one, I had a bump when I peed on the stick. We haven't really announced it, but we haven't hidden it either--it's too dang hot and uncomfortable to try and hide a bump in the Summer.

30. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

EDD if you have one: February 8 (not confirmed, could be earlier)
    When Did You Find Out?: 7 DPO
    Child Number: 2
    Where You Live: Seattle area
    When's Your First Appointment?: Dating ultrasound, July 1st
    What You're Most Excited For: Completing my family and having the 2 kids I've always wanted.
    What You're Most Scared About: Already has happened--horrible morning sickness again. And, trying to handle pregnancy while caring for a toddler.
    Symptoms so far: Morning sickness, baby bump, stopped shedding hair, skin breakouts, exhaustion all the time, super emotional
    Any fun plans for the summer?: Just little trips here and there, provided my morning sickness doesn't last the 18 weeks it did the first time.

31. MrsKoala

cantaloupe / 6869 posts

@erinpye: So sorry that you were so sick (at least it happened after the presentation!!!).

@mrs.halfsie: Congratulations and welcome!!

@mrs.halfsie: I know Canadians sometimes go only at 12 weeks but it does seem a bit late.

32. Springtime

pomegranate / 3204 posts

@lavender: I will probably be the same way! Really dreading bringing out those maternity clothes.

33. Springtime

pomegranate / 3204 posts

@lavender: @erinpye: How old are your LO's? Mine is exactly 14 months!

34. erinpye

pomegranate / 3706 posts

@Springtime: Mine is just over 14 months Her bday is April 7th--your LO's?

35. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@Springtime @erinpye: My daughter is just shy of 15 months

36. lavender

grapefruit / 4554 posts

@erinpye: my thoughts exactly, I might look into a half panel for shorts. Didn't have this problem the last time- didn't need maternity clothes until 20ish weeks.

37. Springtime

pomegranate / 3204 posts

@erinpye: oh wow, his bday is April 18th!

38. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

I don't know if its a craving or what, but the last few days all I want are hotdogs! Which is not the best pregnancy food. I found some that are all natural, uncured, no nitrates/nitrites.
    I normally don't care much for hotdogs, but these things are so delicious to me right now! I'm trying to dissuade myself from having one for lunch.
    Going by @citymouse's mac & cheese and my hotdogs, maybe our tastes revert to those of a five year old while pregnant ;-p

39. Springtime

pomegranate / 3204 posts

@AuntieEm: I've been craving salty and sour stuff! I can't get enough pickles!

40. SweetiePie

honeydew / 7463 posts

@Springtime: That's so funny, over the weekend I wanted to get salt & vinegar chips with everything!
    Mmmmm...that sounds so good right now...with a hotdog!

Reply »

You must login / Register to post

© copyright 2011-2014 Hellobee